3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Guzno752 20.01.23 03:43 pm

60 FPS picture is not smooth

Guys, such a problem
I have noticed for a long time that at 60 fps the game seems to be not going smoothly, but at the same time there are no friezes, there are no fps drops either. But at 75 fps and more, everything is fine and smooth.
It just feels like it’s not 60 frames, but where is 50 or something.
Maybe the fact that I have a 75 hertz monitor, because of this, can this be?
PC: processor ryzen 5 3500x
Video card RTX 2060 super
RAM 16 gigs
Games all on ssd
I play in 1920x1080 resolution in full screen mode
96 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guzno752 20.01.23

weird shit, i don't know what to do

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

Guzno752
Overclock memory, lower timings and latency - you have it somehow too high. And you still haven't posted the monitoring, for example, in the same RDR 2.

L
Loken 20.01.23

Guzno752 wrote:
So I just need to lock fps to 75?
You need to ensure that the fps is equal to or higher than the hertz value of the monitor. If you play games where there is a 60 fps lock, lower the monik hertz to this value.

Vertical should be turned on only if the game and your hardware can give an FPS higher than the hertz of your monica. If the fps is lower than hertz, then when you turn on the vertical, you will feel even more input lag due to repeated frames, the greater the difference between fps and hertz, the stronger the input lag will be felt. Previously, in such situations, the FPS decreased by 2 times (the V-sync divider), now the frames are simply repeated on the output.

And with your memory everything is in order and the latency for 3000 ryzen is quite normal.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
He uploaded monitoring, but for some reason deleted it. And there the frame time graph is even, and the picture is torn when you turn the camera

Guzno752
By the way, what size SSD do you have? And how full is it?

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
SSD 500 gigs, 400 gigs full, that is 100 free

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Loken Is
there a way to put vertical sync in the fast nvidia control panel? In fact, this should help with ragged frames, or not?

L
Loken 20.01.23

Guzno752
If you turn on the vertical in conditions where your fps is less than hertz, your control and responsiveness in the game will become jelly and uneven, because the difference will be filled with duplicate frames. Vertical is turned on when FPS is equal to or greater than hertz, then it works as intended. In your case, if there is a 60 fps lock in the game and it is not a variac that is removed, all that remains is to lower the hertz to this value, and then you can turn on the vertical if frame breaks remain.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Guzno752 I saw
exactly the same torn picture on my SSD when I filled it more than half. I also have 500GB. Steam has a transfer option in the settings. Release it, and the picture will stop tearing

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Well, I'll try
Or maybe the swap file affects?

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Guzno752
So it can affect if the media is bad, with poor speed, or with bad sectors. A paging file is needed when there is not enough RAM. The allocated memory is RAM + a paging file. what you currently have running.

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
For I have a paging file on the SSD of the choice of the system

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Guzno752
I have a separate SSD, the OS is on the HDD, there is also a paging file

T
TopPCGamer 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I have a separate SSD, the OS is on the HDD, and the swap file is also there.
And it’s just the opposite, you need to put the OS on the SSD for faster loading and installation, the OS takes a long time to load from the HDD, if you put the swap file, then its task is compensation for the small amount of RAM and it makes sense to put it on ssd, it still will not be RAM, but at least somehow. And if you have a swap file on a regular hard drive, then it won’t be much use, any hard drive has a data transfer rate within 300 mb / s, for comparison, new ssds have up to 7 GB / s, if ddr4 is in 4-channel at 3400, then there will be a data transfer rate in the region of 100gb
/ s

Guzno752 wrote:
at 60 fps the game does not seem to run smoothly, but there are no friezes, no fps drops either. But at 75 fps and more, everything is fine and smooth.
It just feels like it’s not 60 frames, but where is 50 or something.
Maybe the fact that I have a 75 hertz monitor, because of this, can this be?
PC: ryzen 5 3500x processor
RTX 2060 super video card
So in all games or in a specific one? Check the settings of the games, in some cases the synchronization at 30Hz is generally automatic. It is necessary to look at monitoring what the emphasis is on

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

TopPCGamer
In all games

T
TopPCGamer 20.01.23

Guzno752
And how did you connect the card to the monitor? Through which port?

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

TopPCGamerHDMI
_

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

TopPCGamer Switching
swap file on SSD is easy. I don't do

it on purpose Guzno752 Have you
tried freeing up some space on the SSD?

I
IOne86 20.01.23

Guzno752
Lay out monitoring using MSI Afterburner, as laid out here above for RDR 2. Be sure to display the frametime graph, it should be more or less even.
If frametime (frame time) is constantly jumping, then the picture will not be smooth even with a good average FPS. For example, at 60 frames per second, frametime should be 1/60 = 16.7 milliseconds, and if frametime jumps, for example, from 10 to 30 ms, then the picture will be jerky, although the average FPS is normal. This will be visible on the chart.

If the frametime is normal, then the problem is the lack of vertical synchronization between the monitor and the video card. The video card and monitor produce an image at different frequencies, hence the lack of smoothness and image tearing.
If the monitor supports G-Sync (or FreeSync, but is compatible with G-Sync), you can enable it in the NVIDIA control panel, after which the monitor frequency will adjust to the FPS that the video card produces and the image will be smoother.
If G-Sync is not supported, then turn on the usual vertical synchronization, just before that, make sure that the FPS in the game is higher than the monitor frequency (set the monitor frequency to 60Hz if the video card does not pull 75). After that, the image should become smooth, but there will be an imput lag, i.e. the game will lag behind mouse movements, it is unpleasant to play shooters like that.
For synchronization without imput lag, you can try Scanline sync, find it in RiveTuner and try to set the value -100 in this field. Experiment with different values. For normal operation of Scanline sync, fps in the game should be higher than the monitor frequency, at least 70-80 fps for a 60 Hz monitor.

If the monitor does not support G-Sync and the video card cannot produce more FPS than the monitor frequency, then it is impossible to get a smooth image, you will have to upgrade the hardware. Or turn on VSync with 1/2 monitor frequency and play with wild imput lag.

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
yes, it did not help

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

IOne86

here, here I locked 60 fps through RIvaTuner and the picture is not smooth (of course, this can not be seen on the video) I will also upload a video with unlocked fps