3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Guzno752 20.01.23 03:43 pm

60 FPS picture is not smooth

Guys, such a problem
I have noticed for a long time that at 60 fps the game seems to be not going smoothly, but at the same time there are no friezes, there are no fps drops either. But at 75 fps and more, everything is fine and smooth.
It just feels like it’s not 60 frames, but where is 50 or something.
Maybe the fact that I have a 75 hertz monitor, because of this, can this be?
PC: processor ryzen 5 3500x
Video card RTX 2060 super
RAM 16 gigs
Games all on ssd
I play in 1920x1080 resolution in full screen mode
96 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Guzno752
Guzno752 wrote:
...here I locked 60 fps through RIvaTuner and the picture is not smooth (of course, this can not be seen on the video) I will also upload a video with fps differences...
And preferably with more detailed hardware monitoring.
Example:

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

IOne86
I have FreeSync in my monitor, but how do I turn it on? through the monitor or something else

T
TopPCGamer 20.01.23

Guzno752 wrote:
here, here I locked 60 fps through RIvaTuner and the picture is not smooth (of course, this can not be seen on the video) I will also upload a video with fps unlocks
According to the video, you can say the frametime is perfect, try to connect the card through the display port, maybe something will change. Or maybe this is such a feature due to the fact that the FPS is lower than the hertz of the monitor. And in the Windows settings, what is the frequency of the monitor?
Guzno752 wrote:
I have FreeSync in my monitor, but how do I turn it on? through a monitor or something else
No way, freesync is AMD proprietary and only works with cards from AmuDe

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Guzno752
Your percentage is almost a hundred, even with a lock of 60 frames. What games are still installed?

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
cyberpunk

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

TopPCGamer
just at 60 frames there is no smoothness, games don’t lag, everything is fine and stable, but it feels like it’s not 60 frames, but somewhere around 50 or something, there’s no smoothness, and when the fps is higher, everything is fine, my hardware is not weak, but in the DDR on a mixture ultra and high fps sometimes drops to 60 fps and it can be felt,
maybe I need to measure myself and I'll get used to it and won't notice
ahahahah

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin

here's another test,
but here I didn't lock anything

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

Guzno752
And lowering the graphics settings does not change the picture? Friezes remain?

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Guzno752
Guzno752 wrote:
... in Windows is also 75 Hz
In Windows it can be 75 Hz, and the frame rate in RDR is a maximum of 60 fps and underload of the video - there is a frame limit. If the frame rate in the game is 75 fps or more, it should become more comfortable. There is no limit in Cyberpunk, but again the video card is underloaded, most likely due to the CPU - its total load sometimes jumps above 90% - because of this, the video card does not load to the maximum and a smaller number of frames.

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
so there are no friezes

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

SonyK_2
in cyberpunk I didn't lock fps

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

SonyK_2
did not load the load because the dlls was turned on but then turned it off on the video you can see

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Guzno752
Guzno752 wrote:
I didn't lock fps in cyberpunk
It's obvious.
underload of the vedyukha because the dlls was turned on but then turned it off on the video you can see
But still the frame rate in the test is below 75. It will be equal, or higher - it should become more pleasant to play.

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

SonyK_2
yes

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

Guzno752
"So there are no friezes" Nevertheless, lowering the settings, for example, to medium, does it have any effect?

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Evil in the flash what's the
point? if this is not the problem
, I have stable frames on ultras without friezes
, things are not in the frieze

L
Loken 20.01.23

TopPCGamer wrote:
No way, freesync is AMD proprietary and only works with AMD
cards.
But there are limitations - a card from the 1000 series and newer. Displayport cable 1.2a and newer, hdmi is not supported. And not too ancient monitor with freesync support.

T
TurboKapycta 20.01.23

Set the screen update to 60Hz in the games in the game settings themselves and turn on the vertical, in rdr2 you have 75 hertz and the cut is 60, so the picture does not look smooth.

I
IOne86 20.01.23

Guzno752 wrote:
I have FreeSync in my monitor, but how do I turn it on? through the monitor or otherwise
Although FreeSync is an AMD technology, some monitors with FreeSync are unofficially compatible with G-Sync. Try looking up information about your monitor. For example, my monitor supports G-Sync only when connected via DisplayPort, while FreeSync must be enabled in the monitor settings.

If G-Sync is enabled, the option will appear in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

As for RDR 2, in the NVIDIA control panel, in the "change resolution" section, set 60 Hz for the monitor, remove fps lock in RIvaTuner and turn on v-sync in the game. After that, the game should run perfectly smoothly, but input lag will appear.
If you can't turn on G-Sync, leave 60 Hz on the monitor and try Scanline sync, as I wrote earlier, to get rid of the input lag.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Guzno752
Guzno752 wrote:
well, yes
Lower the settings so that it was 75 fps and above, turn off the lock at 60 fps (where possible) and check. But if there is an underload of the video card, the processor is to blame (insufficient performance). It calculates data for rendering a frame by a video card. Higher framerate means more CPU usage.