3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Guzno752 20.01.23 03:43 pm

60 FPS picture is not smooth

Guys, such a problem
I have noticed for a long time that at 60 fps the game seems to be not going smoothly, but at the same time there are no friezes, there are no fps drops either. But at 75 fps and more, everything is fine and smooth.
It just feels like it’s not 60 frames, but where is 50 or something.
Maybe the fact that I have a 75 hertz monitor, because of this, can this be?
PC: processor ryzen 5 3500x
Video card RTX 2060 super
RAM 16 gigs
Games all on ssd
I play in 1920x1080 resolution in full screen mode
96 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guzno752 20.01.23

SonyK_2
and how much should be the load of the video card and processor?

L
Loken 20.01.23

Guzno752
Several people have already written to you that you would try to make the fps higher than the hertz - either by lowering the settings so that the fps increases, or by lowering the hertz and turning on the vertical. Have you tried doing this? What are the results ?
They write to you about it, but you do not answer this topic. It's like talking to the wall.

T
TopPCGamer 20.01.23

Loken wrote:
Since 1919 freesync is supported by nvidia.
To hell with it, monitors with freesync support only work in this mode on AMD cards

T
TopPCGamer 20.01.23

IOne86
the fact that you have checked the boxes does not mean that you have a jisink working, you just have the boxes turned on and that's it

L
Loken 20.01.23

TopPCGamer wrote:
Fuck it, freesync monitors only work in this mode on AMD cards. You're
wrong. Freesync is based on the open technology Adaptive Sync. But on green cards, it will only work with a displayport 1.2a or higher cable, and on red cards, it will also work with an hdmi 1.4 and higher cable.
Scroll down to the FreeSync-compatible APUs and GPUs paragraph and read on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSync

Google nvidia g-sync compatible and read what it is.
Even on the AMD website, on the freelink description page, which was written a long time ago, it says:
Other GPUs such as the Nvidia GeForce 10 series and later that support DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync are expected to work with AMD FreeSync technology. Check with the manufacturer.
3 years have passed since the announcement, good morning.

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Loken
I tried, set hertz to 60, everything is the same
I will buy a wire display port I will try to connect through it, maybe something will change but I doubt it

I
IOne86 20.01.23

TopPCGamer wrote:
the fact that you checked the boxes does not mean that you have jisink working, you just have the boxes turned on and everything
works via DisplayPort, I checked it on an NVIDIA demo with a swinging pendulum.
My monitor only officially supports FreeSync, but in reality, G-Sync also works.
If you don't believe me, here's a review of my monitor https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/hp/x27q
There, look for g-sync on the page.

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

Loken
By the way, it got even worse

I
IOne86 20.01.23

Guzno752 wrote:
I tried it, I set it to 60 hertz, everything is the same.
At the same time, did you turn off FPS lock in RivaTuner and turn on v-sync in the game? RDR 2 goes exactly 60 fps without drawdowns, frametime is even?

I
IOne86 20.01.23

Guzno752
By the way, I carefully watched your videos again, the games really don't go smoothly, although the fps is normal.
Does it look the same in real life, or is it only on video?

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

IOne86
yes, I did everything,
nothing has changed

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

IOne86
here,
maybe the display port will help, although I doubt it

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

I guess I need to buy a new monitor

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

IOne86
https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/e95f5129c33a2ff1/238-monitor-hp-m24f-cernyj/
I have such a monitor

I
IOne86 20.01.23

It may also be due to the processor. At the beginning, I thought that you had it with 12 threads, but in fact the ryzen 5 3500x turns out to be 6-thread.
I did not find 3500x tests in RDR 2, I found the i5-8400

C 2:40 test, it can be seen that the game is not running smoothly, it looks like your video.
In vain you saved on the processor, you had to pay a little extra and take the Ryzen 5 3600 with 12 threads.
Just in case, output the frequencies of the processor cores to check that it is running at a normal frequency.

I
IOne86 20.01.23

Guzno752 wrote:
apparently you need to buy a new monitor
Take your time, maybe you will have to buy a new processor :)
If you have such lags in real life as on your videos, then the monitor has nothing to do with it.
By the way, try connecting it via DisplayPort, G-Sync may appear, although this most likely will not help, since ordinary vertical synchronization does not help.

h
hyper1 20.01.23

Loken
What are you talking about. Why then do I have 240Hz on the monitor in games locked at 60 FPS, everything is smooth and pleasant? Gsync and freesync are disabled. Don't mislead people with stupid stuff.
You gave out the base .....

I
IOne86 20.01.23

hyper1 wrote:
Why then on my monica 240Hz in games locked at 60 FPS everything is smooth and pleasant? Gsync and freesync are disabled.
Because you have a 240Hz monitor. For the sake of interest, set the monitor frequency to 75 Hz like the author’s, and 60 fps will no longer be as smooth.

G
Guzno752 20.01.23

IOne86
yes, what lags, the picture is just not smooth at 60 frames, the fps is higher and everything is fine,
as I already understood this is due to the hertz of the monitor

I
IOne86 20.01.23

Guzno752 wrote: yes, what lags, the picture is just not smooth at 60
frames, the fps is higher and everything is fine,
as I already understood this because of the monitor hertz
less smoothly.
And in undemanding games like Counter-Strike, etc. the picture is also not smooth on a 60 Hz monitor and with vertical sync?