3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Bard Lyutik 18.12.19 03:42 am

Impressions of the game (SOMA)

Played for about 2 hours! Reached the place where the Persians flooded and thrown out into the open ocean. Waiting for the game, had high hopes, I really wanted a quality horror film in the spirit of Alien Isoleucin the atmosphere. I have to say, the game impressed! I did not expect that this game will be so cool! After the first 10-15 minutes draws from the head and not let go. The formula of this game: Bioshok+Amnesia+Alien of Isoleucin = Catfish. The first hour of the game reminded as we tumble from the androids in Isoleucine. And style and atmosphere. By the way the style is a 10 out of 10. I really like the horror movies where the scare is not a cheap game and the atmosphere and depressing environment. Here it's all right, 2 hours from the corner while lightning attacks, no one did, the game provides just the environment and atmosphere. But a couple of times bricks have already procrastinating! Loved the attention to detail in the game, each chair, metal stuff lying on the floor, pot, bottle, creak, fall, break down from contact with Persian, making a sound, afraid. Almost every object you can interact, raise, move, throw. Something metal and heavy can distract enemies TweakNow on the floor, some empty paper box or plastic empty case, accordingly, less noise without attracting attention. About the story: the conclusion will not do that, played a bit and especially is clear enough, but during the time that enough, the same analogy with the Alien Isoleucin, looking for some detail, get to a certain place to find something, turn, run, open, to apply electricity, we can redistribute the flow of energy through the terminals so as to supply power to some object and another, on the contrary, to disconnect. The basic plot points that shed light on what happened (yet poorly shed, but still) to a Persian by listening to audio files in the terminal, reading the correspondences, finding notes, etc. (again, Hello, Izolan). Moreover, copy-paste, I would not call it, it's even a plus game. But then we start to familiarize with the underwater world, exactly where I stopped. About the graphics: I have a GTC 780ti, max settings, fkhd, 40-60 fps, feel good, rough drawdowns fps was not observed. Optimize like as satisfactory. But despite the fact that grafone does not cause WOW effect, but rejection does not cause the normal average graphics. Summary: while I love the game the most important thing that it wants to continue to play and me right now pulls pogamat more than one hour, BUT! I can resist, wait for the night and will continue for the games to be blasphemous to play day! My rating – 9 roboclock of 10. Recommend. For my money (450 RUB in steam), this game is awesome. I would be for it and more given. Asked read more like the rules describe. All of the above is purely my IMHO and my opinion may not coincide with yours.
123 Comments
Sort by:
v
vanoz13 18.12.19

Bard Buttercup
Thank you, very informative. Tell me how is implemented the underwater world, (for example - BIOSHOCK, drops, leaks, views of the underwater world through Windows (maybe a panoramic view of the water), the grinding of metal under pressure, or whatever), I feel that we are under water?

c
caliskan 18.12.19

Bard Buttercup
There probably is Alien Isolation with copy-paste games Frictional Games (and not only). In all their games story was submitted via notes or audio recordings. Old. Scares that 780ti fps drops to 40. The idea 60 is stable to be.

B
Bard Lyutik 18.12.19

vanoz13
And bubbles and panoramic passages (corridors) floating on the other side of the Windows, flocks of fish, seaweed, it's all there (at least after the first hour of the game you'll know that you're under water. And leaking and bubbling water on the walls and adventure in the open ocean. Only instead of a huge underwater city there's a metal platform on the bottom of the capsule type flooded shuttles, piping, rusty skeletons of all metal and junk floating droids. Stylistically the game is made great but grafham kanesh, does not possess
caliskan
Yes, in terms of optimization there is much to develop, can patches quickly gash
J P
Well I would not say that just bad, but good it won't be called. Average optimize, XS

Z
ZaKTomSK 18.12.19

Played for about an hour. Particularly not passed, but all fans of horror strongly suggest. That seemed to be as afraid of robots? No, I admit that there are creepy robots in appearance, but in the game they look very usual, without any fangs or other attribute of horror. And it's not even about fear of the robots themselves as such, but about the atmosphere. All the underwater sci-Fi entourage together with its inhabitants (if you can call it that) the developers managed to convey. To transfer to the back ran a little business-like spiders. I admire how the developers are trying to scare, honestly. You know, when you pull the lever, and when this begins to yell half-dead robot, if he's a man and it really hurts, it is very creepy but at the same time chills and pity. This is a very mixed feeling, words really can not convey. And when after a minute in silence, you listen as dropped a glass bottle in the next room and heard someone's steps (and the steps are not human), that's when it becomes really scary . . .

After that I cut the game on time, played in the dark. I sincerely hope that this product will pay for itself, he deserves it. The game is terrible (in a good way), to say there is not clever.

Z
Zordot 18.12.19

amnesia always believed the reason for the degradation of the entire genre number one, after 2010, the horror turned into a sad running around from monsters constantly pirushim and hallucinogenous hero, from time to time interrupted to read the notes or jigsaw puzzles, there seems to be the same, but not much running yet, and the setting is interesting, lol.

J
JulesMassenet 18.12.19

The game still hangs sometimes when the picture gets, and the sound is. In short, unplayable, so waiting for the game, and yet these disappointments in technical terms, waiting for the patch....
Lowered settings from maximum to medium, fps dropped from 30 to 20... I Loose it...
Increased again to the maximum, now 15 fps, ahahahaha...
This game only with this game, at least for me, it generally unplayable, while other games are fine.

s
sector1111 18.12.19

play the game for about 15 minutes, right now introduced the password on the door (the beginning)
tell about technical terms:
config in the profile
on ultra the game gives 30-45 fps, while the graphics are a bit weak. So optimize weak, the same Alien: Isolation gave 50+ FPS on ultra with a beautiful picture

s
sector1111 18.12.19

played a little further
if briefly - in alien of isolation, if you look out of the corner on someone else, when he looks to the side, then everything is OK, or if you're sitting somewhere, and a hole watch for the others that's coming your way, and everything will be OK, the catfish you spaletti at the distance of 100500 meters, even if you're going to look microderma in the direction of the robot.
if such facepalmy will continue, I'm afraid the game will just be removed

s
sector1111 18.12.19

Very good movie, Yes.
recorded only uryvok this down so stood for about 10 minutes, and stupidly hit a wall where I was sitting

K
Krixus 18.12.19

Played about 4 hours and I can say that this is not quite what I expected. Thought things would happen in space, and turns on the underwater station. Walk outside the station(in the ocean) was very sad. And the developers made the game rather on the patterns of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, than the first amnesia or penumbra. The gameplay, meanwhile, is a walk down the corridors, only occasionally have to go back to enter any password or take something and run with it while holding shift. Hide had yet only once(the time from the trailer) for a couple of seconds - I threw a brick in one direction, and he ran to the other, that's all stealth. With the optimization, things are also not particularly good. Well I will continue playing, maybe while the game accelerates and will continue to be interesting.

1017 18.12.19

game dummy, expectations do not justify. graphics to 0, there is no horror like the history + very short.

s
sector1111 18.12.19

however, within 20 minutes of the game AI robot twice stupidly hangs, and since the in-game buttons to restart from the last save point no, here everything is clear
indie slag, with bugs and glitches

w
wadimiy93 18.12.19

Optimization is awful - the further in the passage, the stronger strands of fps, but he started to play at a high...

K
Krixus 18.12.19

Hmm. Unfortunately, frictional games did not work. The game is mediocre, I think Metacritic score will drop to 60-65.

m
maksimfighter 18.12.19

the game is good but fuck the graphics are just terrible not even a 90 year worse than the first halfly

V
Valentin_K 18.12.19

Treshak...

1. Let's start with the Intro of the game - and Yes, it does not exist (honestly, I was surprised saved ...)
2. The main character had a traumatic brain injury wakes up at home. The girl died, to live maybe not for a long time - kind of like a normal tie at first glance. Running around the apartment, touching everything and opening, rotate the items - so far it's great.
3. Then begins the nonsense - in the literal sense, because the main character coming to do a CT scan, passes out and wakes up he is already on some kind of underwater hell. A dream, a delusion or reality - first thoughts? Is it really impossible to come up with a more logical plot for a sci-Fi game? It is a fantasy or mysticism?
4. Minimalistic scenery, gut-mazes, every lack of logic devices of the underwater base, bad besaratinia characters 100 times, boring ways of intimidation.

Couldn't continue, because everything that happens gives not the freshness and lack of spirituality.

P/S: after a time, he played and changed the opinion to the contrary - the game class.

b
back37 18.12.19

The game is not bad, but it'll do nothing more than in order to pass and forget...

The engine it was time to write a completely new, and not to push everything in... this was not expected to play most of the effects: fumes FPS squander hell, half the teksturkami soap, polygons, sometimes noticeably missing... Yes, you can turn most subjects, but here in the sense that no...
The plot - Yes, at first it is unclear what ... of the office moved to a technical room, but later it will be revealed... the theme is a bit like the plot of the movie Virus 1999 (well, I have such associations)...
It seems to be horror, but it turned out just an atmospheric game, even without any mysteries, however nothing new. For a couple of hours of gameplay have met only 2 enemies, but to slow and stupid, just forget it...
If you are not a fan of penumbra, and if there is what is now playing, it is better to wait... I'm not in that, will have to go all the way :D

The question of license or the pirates can be put this way - if in 2015 can safely play penumbra or amnesia and can re-take it several times (IMHO, the old games are hard to open, even if very well liked when it... especially with the habit), then you can think about the license, otherwise... the same story as with Aliens: Colonial Marines, it seems not quite bullshit, since you can get, but the PR was too strong and buy it well, do not want at least not without a discount at 75+%

P. S. the Game was, overall opinion has not changed. There are still a few types of monsters, in principle, all the same stupid, but some of them have become faster and more importunately. Almost at the end found a bug, maybe a feature after which I had to exit without saving because the continuation of the game became impossible. From the ending was expecting a little more, too abruptly it all ends...

S
Sarogossa 18.12.19

As a fan of games from freaks - in principle a good idea, a very unusual game for them. Unusual, but not bad as they say above. Noticeable tweak engine: locations open at last live the Persians, the voice on high, detail and interactivity just darkness. Optimization is good, but there are podtachivaniya transitions between locations on the buckets is also triggered! Horror like in amnesia to catch gradually, with the intensity of the first 15 minutes can bring you to a screeching halt because ekshon not immediately ;) I Play quite a bit, went to Katherine and not thought it was possible to be SO afraid of robots, especially this electromagnetic brrrr. The result - 'll pull fun! :)

23hudo 18.12.19

About the game's story will not say - is that all quite interesting. But the graphical part was upset - the game is visually far removed from amnesia, there were no modern lights ( including flashlight ), no clear patterns nor the normal DoF and Motiom Blur (they are, but very miserable), but there is a haunting chromatic aberration. This game manages to slow down in some places. Everything is very ambiguous. It seems the game is new, but plays and looks too old.

Q
QTarantello 18.12.19

For Gambling true to say that SOMA is much more like an adventure in a horror setting than actually horror. Although the first half hour of the game skillfully keeps the tension. Introduction and stuffing in the main place of action generally pleased and tune in the desired way. But when they reached Catherine (which, incidentally, now looks like a potato GLADOS) what is happening to move away from horror. Even the hero when he is sent to fix another Shuttle, absolutely neutral voice broadcasts, they say, there's the monster go. If not monster, a drunken caretaker, who is required to circumvent. This turn of events is somewhat frustrating. But the story to this point, got a good leap and was intrigued even more. The only thing that is annoying is the number of the action under the water out of the compartments of the complex. Slow, sad and sometimes unclear where to go, what accounts for the extra laps.