3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Bard Lyutik 18.12.19 03:42 am

Impressions of the game (SOMA)

Played for about 2 hours! Reached the place where the Persians flooded and thrown out into the open ocean. Waiting for the game, had high hopes, I really wanted a quality horror film in the spirit of Alien Isoleucin the atmosphere. I have to say, the game impressed! I did not expect that this game will be so cool! After the first 10-15 minutes draws from the head and not let go. The formula of this game: Bioshok+Amnesia+Alien of Isoleucin = Catfish. The first hour of the game reminded as we tumble from the androids in Isoleucine. And style and atmosphere. By the way the style is a 10 out of 10. I really like the horror movies where the scare is not a cheap game and the atmosphere and depressing environment. Here it's all right, 2 hours from the corner while lightning attacks, no one did, the game provides just the environment and atmosphere. But a couple of times bricks have already procrastinating! Loved the attention to detail in the game, each chair, metal stuff lying on the floor, pot, bottle, creak, fall, break down from contact with Persian, making a sound, afraid. Almost every object you can interact, raise, move, throw. Something metal and heavy can distract enemies TweakNow on the floor, some empty paper box or plastic empty case, accordingly, less noise without attracting attention. About the story: the conclusion will not do that, played a bit and especially is clear enough, but during the time that enough, the same analogy with the Alien Isoleucin, looking for some detail, get to a certain place to find something, turn, run, open, to apply electricity, we can redistribute the flow of energy through the terminals so as to supply power to some object and another, on the contrary, to disconnect. The basic plot points that shed light on what happened (yet poorly shed, but still) to a Persian by listening to audio files in the terminal, reading the correspondences, finding notes, etc. (again, Hello, Izolan). Moreover, copy-paste, I would not call it, it's even a plus game. But then we start to familiarize with the underwater world, exactly where I stopped. About the graphics: I have a GTC 780ti, max settings, fkhd, 40-60 fps, feel good, rough drawdowns fps was not observed. Optimize like as satisfactory. But despite the fact that grafone does not cause WOW effect, but rejection does not cause the normal average graphics. Summary: while I love the game the most important thing that it wants to continue to play and me right now pulls pogamat more than one hour, BUT! I can resist, wait for the night and will continue for the games to be blasphemous to play day! My rating – 9 roboclock of 10. Recommend. For my money (450 RUB in steam), this game is awesome. I would be for it and more given. Asked read more like the rules describe. All of the above is purely my IMHO and my opinion may not coincide with yours.
123 Comments
Sort by:
T
TenaX3000 18.12.19

RipBoy
Underwater trips is well done and atmospheric, no doubt. I have only one complaint to them, which is very spoils the impression: what the fuck gg runs and jumps in it as a NBA player? Even if his body is reinforced all the electronic crap against fluid physics, no arguing - if you're the terminator. By the way, where's 4km? To the depths I had not yet reached, and the first location because at a depth of 100-150m only.
But what at first was strange and hurt, but in the end really added to the atmospherics is the lack of maps, inventory and the interface is a very strong dip is obtained.
I do not know who there not scary at all it may I am so sensitive. But some moments I could only walk in the morning in a lit room without headphones. Otherwise, the heart just from the chest jumped out.
Spoilered scum on Curie that can't watch, me nerves spoiled it is unreal. Or like the time on Tate after the prototype of the Ark, where you need to break glass to get into the room with the corpse on the chair: I'm frantically beating glass coil, out of the corner creeps the stuff was wheezing-whistling-and hell-knows-what-else, his hands were shaking, the coil drops out constantly...tin is shorter. The result had from the infirmary chair to drag.Maybe someone plays the day lazily sipping a beer, talking with the household, periodically putting a pause and without headphones, then Yes, maybe not scary =)

-
-Raixs- 18.12.19

Was only yesterday and then collected his thoughts. Lately, I'm glad that is still on the background of numerous boring conveyors continue to produce memorable and interesting projects, which in many respects resemble interesting book. And the funny thing is, sometimes they surpass expensive AAA products. Ori and the blind forest, Life is Strange and now they are joined SOMA. Yes, of course, I forgot to mention a couple of interesting projects, but only for the reason that in them I do not play and can not leave feedback.

Mad Max is the first game in 30 years of existence the eponymous film adaptation, but forgotten in the routine of the latest fashion for the open worlds. Metal Gear Solid 5 in many ways resembles the degradation of a series in which, if for the sake of laughter everywhere wrote that it did the same Hideo kojima. Open world, filled with monotonous jobs? A Hideo Codjima game... Made a tracing of the 2nd Chapter? A Hideo Codjima game... etc.

And all this background, little projects, trying to remind us of what originally made the game, somehow, remain in the memory stronger than all those heavy blockbusters.

From SOMA I nothing waiting. Just decided a little to shake the silence, which was formed before the release of one of the long-awaited Titan, which don't even need to say))) the Game has positioned itself as horror, but for me it was a pleasant and interesting adventure in the underwater complex, located on a dying Earth. Yes, there are monsters, stupid, but well-designed, both in terms of appearance and in terms of voice. The authors could try on the horror component is even better and it was for this great place, for example, the office in which it was necessary to find a chip for the Elevator. But the developers decided to focus on the story, while not forgetting about immersion in the process and about the atmosphere.
The beginning of the game looks normal and unpretentious. Terminally ill protagonist named Simon is seemingly simple brain scan and suddenly gets in the future. This point is made perfectly, and knowing it really happened makes it even cooler. And here's to SOMA this happens everywhere. The farther you go, the more horror makes each meeting with robots, each read note, reading about the death of the original, first look in the mirror (rare, the funny thing is, in modern games can do something interesting with such an everyday object. But here was able to do it and did it perfectly. Sorry, not allowed to do it in the bathroom in the beginning, so the effect was multiplied many times).
Dive... In this game the word has several uses, but that's close immersion in the main character... it's a sign of a well written book? Journey through the deep stations the not so distant future - initially it seems fun, to which Simon responds adequately, because he really seems that he made a journey in time immediately after the scan later, turns out to be total despair, which is scary to think about. Creepy-the thought be in the head of the Simon, left all alone in the middle of the ocean depths.

A game about death. How often do we think about what will happen after it? But will it happen? And is it right to copy your soul and store to supposedly become immortal? Immortality... but will it bring benefits when it comes to our world? What is most offensive, it will be only the rich and powerful. Imagine a horrible world where the people we hate, which do not bring anything useful to humanity will live forever. And your family or your children will go old-fashioned due to the fact that the ball is ruled by money. I really hope to immortality all the same people will not come. Otherwise, injustice will be even greater.

The game is about the underwater depths. Is this the right choice? Of course! I was afraid that the action will be in space, or in some underground lab. But it did underwater. We know so much about infinite space, about the oceans of our home planet we barely know. Because they're talking about 95%? And during the game I started to wonder why nobody makes games in this setting? Even with imagination. Surely no one would virtual to descend into the Mariana Trench? Damn, and here I was surprised. May we come down total 4 km, but as shown by the Final... walk along the bottom made a lasting impression. Pitch black, huge pressure, the horrible creature (though created by mother nature, not a crazy AI, although there too he decided to have some fun). And there was placed the lamp with the light. And the moment, when you get the bait angler... Wow! I want a new horror about the ocean depths, and not just another space travel))) They will all immediately did the calculation on the pressure? Strong the shell was at our friend's cat)))

Special mention I want to mention the technical implementation only. Opening doors, turning on lights, computers, recharging batteries, connectivity and more. All you are doing myself and I liked it. Let made simply, but tastefully. All this fuss with the equipment I liked in Doom 3 and Dead Space. Pleased with such attention to detail. Especially when running away from the monster, and then, looking to the door, frantically poking at the button it closed)))

Well, it's time to come to a close. All games have downsides, and here this had to happen. Could have been done better. But we have what we have. If judged by the standards, as is done on many sites, you will the rating of 7-8. But personally, I put it to 10. Why? Because I remember it. I liked it and I passed it with pleasure. So I did with Bioshock Infinite and its second episode of the Burial at Sea add-on. The same happened with the recent Life is Strange and Ori and the blind forest. They deserve it and more like we will not see, for the time and the audience asked a very different.

C
Chel555 18.12.19

Well I say, the toy is super, the atmosphere in the game is good, story also, the graphics at the highest level, on ultra 60 fps, got a good fun game, and Yes, I'm still going through it, a little left, about an hour

q
qurus 18.12.19

-Raixs-
If the monsters are not stupid we will not be able to play the game.

-
-Raixs- 18.12.19

qurus
Alien Isolation were something to do))) Though, because there was a flamethrower... Oh Yeah, here would not pass.

V
Vaipen 18.12.19

The game delivered. Not really nice to know that among the vast ocean of zeros and ones, passing that forget right after the credits, fall projects made with love which you will remember for a long time and makes to think about something. On the impermanence of life, about the meaning of life. Is cloning the way to immortality, which all dream. Whether you cloned you and whether it will be the continuation of your life. After all, the original you from your body will not go away and so will still doomed grow old and die. And how about his clone, be happy for him that he is-you're young and beautiful will happen in heaven, which you have paid, to taste the sex, drugs and rock-n-roll, and you-you will rot at the bottom of your personal hell or to heap curses.

c
caliskan 18.12.19

Passed the game. Very satisfied. Who was boring and not scary, he probably outlast and cry of fear passed singing a song. There are people not easily impressed. Them and it makes no sense to play the first game. The game is in the spirit of amnesia and penumbra. The story I really liked. Much better than Alien Isolation. It was not boring for a single minute. Always wanted to go on and learn what the outcome of this story. The ending is pleased. At the same time bad and good.
Graphics do not understand how you can blame. It's a small Studio with very limited budget. In 2006 washed down your engine and make games. To develop a new will take a lot of time and money to buy someone else's engine and master it too expensive. So stop your whining. Schedule search for in the dead of conveyors.
The game by the way bought, and what others suggest. Small studios need money.

S
Sater 18.12.19

Djagernaut0001
And what is the config of the system?
Which drivers?
And then I have Metro last light it is, and then leaps clear felt.

R
Reverrius 18.12.19

Passed. And here are my impressions without spoilers:

The developers at Frictional Games have their own vision of the genre survival horror. The essence of this vision can be considered a remarkable Amnesia: The Dark Descent, where an unarmed player was forced to avoid the monsters, and the first person increased the already strong immersion in the atmosphere of mysterious horror. The new project Studio, SOMA had to go ahead and create a horror simulation, and the plot thought-provoking. Got it?

From the first minutes the game immerses itself in using authentic designed environment, just like some Gone Home. I just want to walk around and interact with the surrounding objects (as in other projects of the Studio, many of the objects you can pick up, twist, throw and review), thereby creating a persistent immersive sim effect.

The main venue of the game - scientific underwater research facility PATHOS-II, which, quite unexpectedly, it turns out the main character of the game Simon. Just the game he will not only visit several different from each other stations, but to wander along the seabed. While the game has a significant number of different notes, terminals etc. that shed light on the terrible events occurring in the research complex. The high degree of interactivity allows the player to shape their attitude to certain events, to make a choice.

Now that the best and worst work of the developers compared to their last project, Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The first is to highlight the presence of diversity of monsters, which in my opinion is not enough Amnesia. In the SOMA at each new station, with each new game area, we will have a new monster. There is, for example, the monster on which you cannot look, is the opposite of blind, but with good hearing, etc., And if the first monster has not impressed me, the next pleased with a position of horror as the sound and design. Why are only the creatures from the station Theta. In addition, the game is, IMHO, atmospheric and horrora implementation of the ocean abyss, those in her life. The only thing these monsters need is a more advanced and aggressive AI, that's why xenomorph of Alien: Isolation, out of competition, and psychos from Outlast not to worry.

SOMA is not as scary as Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Of course, someone will say a matter of taste, then they say science fiction but there is something occult and medieval - everyone has their own fears, etc. Maybe they were right. On the other hand, in SOMA where more tranquil locations in which we feels more secure while in Amnesia: The Dark Descent oppressive atmosphere was more prevalent. There are some simplifications: inventory as such is not present, and the puzzles have become easier, but that made them more organically woven into the environment and story.

On the other hand SOMA is an example of horror, where the story itself and the understanding of what is happening scarier than a disfigured monster. The feeling of despair and horror that causes the plot of the game. Even the main hope for salvation has a very bitter double sense. With philosophical notes of game are somewhat similar to the game The Swapper.

Total: SOMA, though inferior to last year's Alien: Isolation, but nevertheless is exemplary sci-fi horror with an emphasis on the story component. This is a unique, hand project, created with the soul. Don't miss out.

9/10

T
Teplyy Karmashek 18.12.19

Great game! I want to erase the memory and go through it again! From the ending lump in my throat rose and tears welled up. The ending is a masterpiece! Just imagine Simon, who was left up there and left in the abyss. In eternal darkness and loneliness.

V
Valentin_K 18.12.19

Starting to play - the game is not appreciated, mixed with shit and spit out here. But on the advice of friends, decided to pass this slag how much is enough force.
Forces had to end the game)))
The game really liked it, the plot slowly began to tighten and not let go until the games.
Put the game 10 (initially only 6 points)

Please upload again when it is adapted to the VR helmets, I am sure that this is the moment in the future will come.

e
eldergod 18.12.19

Great game. Atmospheric and a great story. Bow to the creators haven't been on

S
Suing Tao Jong 18.12.19

bullshit this catfish. the mixture of the foreign and slendera, it has a copy of these games. no mind, no imagination of Raseborg

G
Gamersk 18.12.19

RipBoy
Yes, badly done water!! It's a fact!
How do you associate the phrase under water ? I it must be the following conditions:
1 - at some point I should see the surface of the water which paralleled and plays...
2 - to be rays of light penetrating the water surface. (of course not everywhere and not always but should be)
Caustic distortion of light on the surfaces of objects and structures under water.
3 - bubbles from everything from effects on the objects, the motion of the robots from propellers and so on.
4 - raising the dust after a walk or precipitation.
5 - availability of fish that it would be clear that under the water.
6 - why he can not swim? Only goes. Well, at least a couple of meters could come up.
and so on.
Also a bunch of absurdities.
For example, when gg comes from the outside to the inside of the building he enters the room with cator pumped water, de-watered space then the door opens and he goes into the building.
Question? Do you know what the power should be pumps that used at depth to pump water from a square room from the top down ??? And why? All deep objects-the buildings have an entrance from the BOTTOM (water physics explains will not). and much more.
Puddles, the water flow on the walls... and so on...
And even then, that he is a robot too stupid, would be better if he was a man and he had still underwater kastyum to look for, and when he's outside that I was out of oxygen and so on, what would the feeling of more atoms it comes in the Rouge and can under water at least half a year to sit and he do not care.
The game engine is not designed to display water. There are games in which the water is made cooler.
And just as an interesting new project to play normally, though more reminiscent of DOOM as 80% go on restricted areas without hatches out and that you're at depth, and such is NOT on another planet type Mars, just like when you sometimes need to go outside.

p
papa.racci 18.12.19

Gamersk
poorly made water-do not play! understand depth,depth which the light rays of the sun?

S
Spartacus1971 18.12.19

This is the rare case when to me the graphics have faded into the background,because the game was a success.Developed wasn't trying to scare us much,gave us time to reflect,and whether there is life after death and they succeeded.

T
TenaX3000 18.12.19

Gamersk
1,2 - All right painted about surface, light rays and caustic. Only here the caustic is from the water surface, and the surface is, firstly, secondly,
Spoilert happened the world's end wiped out all life, therefore I can assume that the sky, at least an impenetrable overcast clouds and smoke from fires,which, incidentally, is confirmed by many was found in the course of transmission materials. If swimming, diving in sea/river in the evening/night, you will understand what I mean. But in the premises of the caustic could be screwed, at least predzaschitu, although I only remember one such (big collector before leaving the Tattoo).
3,4,5 - Bubbles not all, but there's dust from the steps when running there, there are fish.
About sluices and pumps in such a small spherical rooms, the entrance just as you say - from the bottom. But in General, as far as I know, no one pumps water pumps out, just start there the air pushes the water. Underwater buildings the air pressure inside the room equal to the pressure of the water. Due to which, by the way, at shallow depths and is achieved bezludovka the entrance to the room just through the hole in the floor).

G
Gamersk 18.12.19

TenaX3000
Like, Yes, but not quite there. )
The fact that gg is not far under water suggests that looking up you can clearly see the light bleaching at the top. That sunlight, let's assume You are right and everything is covered with smoke or clouds... there I agree.
About the premises, then the same question but about compressors and air..... ....the same eggs only in profile. I don't know of any underwater structure with the entrance on the side or top, all bottom or hatch for divers or compartment for submarines, this system helps to save energy from pumps/compressors and so on...in General, it is more logical than the side.

----------------------

I'm not saying the game sucks, the game is cool and interesting, I liked it, but it was the underwater part, I'd like a little different to see, and the game is all of 4 points out of 5.

G
Gamersk 18.12.19

Here is an example of the underwater world in games.

----------------------------
I gave an example.

SOMA is a horror and I am well aware that a major effect of fear and so there's all dark and gloomy, and so on.
and in this sense SOMA is a cool game, without dispute.

T
TenaX3000 18.12.19

Passed! Held, the mother of his leg! The game is a masterpiece. At the end was so in character that were less afraid of the creatures, anger of some kind appears stubbornness to bring the case to the end, come what may! What a story! What a story! First thought: that would be a movie shot or a book written...But why? After all, these games and have the right to be called art. Envy those lucky ones who has not yet passed, or even not started to play.
Spoiler someone opened the sealed room Ross? I did not dare(. It was terrible. She was in the crew quarters like Tau...where we find at the top of the Ark, and the last living person.