3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SKA76RUS 17.09.19 06:00 pm

The strongest faction (Medieval 2: Total War)

Let's discuss what is the Strongest Faction, which is easier to pass the game which more interesting etc.
199 Comments
Sort by:
M
M.A.D. 17.09.19

The more you love Spain? For her first at all to play hard, she has all the troops in the beginning of the game dead. England, in my opinion, the easiest: and the army is normal, and does not attack the island one, and the economy at the highest level. Me only the Pope forever... zae, the Church consistently excommunicated. Don't agree with those who consider the weak Mauritania. geographical position and has a good, and the arrows rule. And interesting to play for Russia, Turkey, the Mongols and timurov view. There is some intrigue, a strong enemy appears in the rear. And now for the Moors to play - made Portugal, Spain, France, finish, money, and troops to the shaft, no real resistance, and so the whole of Europe.

By the way, playing for Russia, was a joke. Pinned the Mongols - and once to Kiev. full four armies to besiege the city. I in Kiev by the time the gun turret was, and the garrison in the city weak. I immediately on the first turn of the siege choose relieve, begins the battle, the Mongols have not had time to build up siege weapons, and stupidly stand around the castle. At this time, they fired at my turret. So it was destroyed almost all of the Mongol army.

p
petja5 17.09.19

If you only look at the power units, without considering how, and how much time and money to build, then I think about the way
Russia (a lot of Kavaleri in General and shooting in particular, all infantry units have a bonus against armor, except for the commoners, there is a universal infantry), Turkey (again a lot of shooting cavalry, all-purpose infantry, the Janissaries - even the brute), SRI (crossbowmen with shields - you can safely substitute a fire, a lot of shock cavalry, good infantry, cavalry - all cheats: knights easy to shoot, and easy cava chop). Not played for Spain, Portugal, England, Scotland.

D
Dimon NEW 17.09.19

in the overall balance of the strongest naturally the British and French, although SRI is not far behind...beginners to play you need to definitely start with the British - a nation of cheaters :)

A
Andre Macareno 17.09.19

Yes XS... which Personally, I prefer Venice(the place is comfortable, with Dad make friends easily, though always betraying Milan) or France(access to the Spaniards, and quick killers for hire, murder Princess pumped stealth on 10/10). Vot

D
Dimon NEW 17.09.19

I understand you Venice chose from a purely strategic considerations?

A
Andre Macareno 17.09.19

On screen fights I've played in France, Venice I accidentally overwrite. And so because of this, though minus as I mentioned above - it is a betrayal of Milan(and always at the same time)

p
petja5 17.09.19

Well, Milan is the type of the Genoese. They historically have vrajavasi with the Venetians. So this is all normal. :) About the Byzantine Empire from Turkey and Venice.

S
Smershsh 17.09.19

Russia is the strongest, she ask to play

A
Armalite 17.09.19

The location is a strong England.
Available immediately units and the good units of the militia - three Italian factions. With it and the location is convenient.
For heavy troops, like HRE, France, England, Poland...
But armor rule by the Danes (and the Norwegians in SS6.1). :) I field spearmen except they no militia at all.
The cavalry... who is so clear.
Loot at the beginning of the game - Byzantium. Only immediately begins the hilarity. :)

A
Andre Macareno 17.09.19

The horsemen(the elephants) is considered the most powerful of the Timurid state, and Muslims(I think Turkey is the strongest of them) and of course Russia. Not because native, and because of the boyar children.

D
Dimon NEW 17.09.19

well, depending on what the riders ;) if you take those boyar children that Goths simply topcat, but the lancers would score...

M
Mr.Blond 17.09.19

I Love France. And to the point.

F
Farso 17.09.19

>>well, depends on what the riders ;) if you take those boyar children that Goths simply topcat, but the lancers would score...

Russia is not strong Boyar children, and the Prince's retinue (as an equestrian, and walking) and the Royal guards. Well, Cossacks with muskets. In General, units of Russia - the strongest in the game nation, but to steep the troops for a very long time to develop.

D
Dimon NEW 17.09.19

that nothing of the sort - check bikes and see for yourself that Russia who is strong so it's muskets, the rest is complete nonsense...or write what you think the units from Russia strong and carry out testing...

C
Cavarinus 17.09.19

Now playing for Russia - experience the darkest. own territory to defend is extremely difficult because of the huge distances, and miserable income from towns and castles Heavy after the start of close combat with European troops, sharply starts to blink, and if heavy cavalry is a bit late, then 30 seconds later the whole front shakes. All units are rare bullshit. The only exception is the Royal guard. To hold on to them managed only thanks to a very clever strategy that is similar to the invented sun Tzu, a treatise Art of war".
All those who say that in the game Russia is strong, not played other Nations, or the desperate patriots.

A
Andre Macareno 17.09.19

Played, but the economy is their weak spot, which is not true of the Byzantine Empire. Sometimes in Russia had to enter the cheat on the Denarius(the name has remained from the engine of Rome).

D
Dimon NEW 17.09.19

the game for Russia vonitsa just a game oroboni

F
Farso 17.09.19

what have Russia who is strong so it's muskets, the rest is complete nonsense...or write what you think the units from Russia strong and carry out testing...

All those who say that in the game Russia is strong, not played other Nations, or the desperate patriots.

Hmm... I say that in the game Russia is very strong, however, I am not a desperate patriot. As for other Nations, I passed the game all except the Moors, Sicily, Hungary and Poland, (and they always play on VH difficulty). Russia is the only weak spot is the economy. It is inferior to many European, but it is the SKILLFUL game it is easy to make the most powerful in the world. Just need to build buildings that increase it, plus you need to quickly capture Kiev, Moscow, to Rasati and Riga. Next - matter of technology. Even if the Mongols decide to come to us, and they can be classified alone in the open field, even at the cost of considerable losses.

As for the units, the picture is grim only in the beginning. Yes, Russia is no militia-level Italian, but there are men with kurushimi axes, which are just brutal attack troops for entry-level. The morality they are not strong, but if the next commander, it will not run. Hereinafter, The Boyar Children. Melee are inferior to the knights, but thanks to the Darts can simply mow enemy infantry. Squad - decent cava, not inferior to the knights-feudal lords. Hiking team Hiking and boyars ' children - decent heavy infantry, again not inferior to the foot knights and feudal lords (and even superior to them due to the fact that armed with axes, which penetrate armor better swords). And finally, the Kazakhs - a weak horse archers, but is very useful at first, because horse archers - almost the best corps in the game, who, in addition, have any Nations there at all, especially at first. In the end, we see that at the start of the Russia is what to fight and how to win.

Well, if Russia will develop, then Khan all:

The Cossacks with muskets - best firearms unit in the game. And to the point.

Elite guard, the best heavy cavalry in the game. 1на1 tears and the German ready language knights in armor luxury and Polish Polish guard (these types of cava are the strongest characteristics in the game, after the king's guards).

The team - best horse archers in the game. And to the point.

Hiking princely retinue - rifle quality is inferior English mercenary archers and the French Scottish guards, but concedes not much. But a cut above melee, because the axes are able to give bribes to many types of infantry. Other archers in melee very quickly die.

The overall picture is that Russia is quite weak at first, due to the weak economy and the huge distances that do not allow for a couple of moves to grab a lot of provinces. But if the player is skillful, able to evolve and not let Poland take Kiev, Riga, Vilnius, then Russia becomes the most powerful nation with a very strong and, most importantly, flexible army.

D
Dimon NEW 17.09.19

2Farso

let's start with, what exactly are you playing?

C
Cavarinus 17.09.19

I agree with Dimon NEW, Farso if you play some local mod, then there is Rus can all tear to pieces, this can be done in the original, changing the characteristics of attack and defense.
But the reality I have are that Russia gives almost all the Nations( for all non-Gamal) mod Stainless Steel. Here's an example: boyar children and unfortified squad have the same characteristics - 11/15(attack,defense) at a price of 690, and it is the strongest infantry units in Russia. Ordinary unfortified feudal knights, which have in any European nation have a 13/20 (590-price unit) and it is considered a weak heavy infantry they have.French dismounted noble knights -20/13(560-price), unfortified true knights 13/21 (610) Hiking the knights of hospitaliers 14/21 (710). Almost all European Nations have infantry with such characteristics.
You can check yourself, you need 2 squad heavy infantry Russia to destroy 1 squad unfortified feudal knights, while you need to attack from 2 sides.So-as in a frontal attack, the chance to destroy this unit 40/60 ! And gospitalerov, potderzhki without cavalry or archers, even with 4-fold numerical superiority to destroy will not work.
The coolest archers Rus kill ideally, one squad ( not using melee), and the Turkish infantry shoots 1.5 unit in the best conditions, at the battle in the field. Melee they also worse than the Turkish infantry: 11/15 vs 11/17.And then there are the Milanese crossbowmen and Janissaries with muskets.Last kill 4 of the squad, and there is still 1/4 rounds.
The strongest horse archers from Russia - the court cavalry, solves all horse archers and attack infantry along with Sipahee( if you take abstral the hill, during the shelling on the plain Sipahi exceed them by 20%, although the count killed the difference is not very large), but much inferior to them in speed, while exceeding them in melee.
Royal guard is very strong, perhaps this is the strongest cavalry. The tests were decided by the Khan's Royal guard and the Mamelukes.A good idea used it yet to test against the French lancers.
Thus, the only way to defeat the Europeans in the field is a Royal guard, you can podderjkoi court of kavallerie.

PS If you want to make your words treated seriously - often bring proof, better numeric.And to say that someone is the coolest guided by personal preferences, and not checking at least 2/3 of all Nations is the amateurism.