3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SKA76RUS 17.09.19 06:00 pm

The strongest faction (Medieval 2: Total War)

Let's discuss what is the Strongest Faction, which is easier to pass the game which more interesting etc.
199 Comments
Sort by:
e
eDzeer 17.09.19

Almost everything already said. Yet again. SS is a separate issue, and in fact it was a different game (rebalance changes things drastically) so clever to take into account the original MTW.
As for the MTW in my opinion strong
1. Rus (if her army was lame, no patriotism would not have helped)
(+) Royal guards,the Princely retinue,Spasena princely retinue,the Armor the heavy infantry (spasena squad and other) Cossacks of all kinds.
(-) Lame starting position, a large area, significant compared with neighbours on the development of good troops.
2. Turkey
(+) Balance on all levels - city-castle cavalry-infantry, melee-shooters. All optimal.
(-) There aren't really any. Except that the Crusades.
3. Byzantium.
(+) PTS. a good set of troops of all kinds. Accessibility brutal horse archers (Variarity) from the very beginning that the essence is death some kind of power. The unique building.
(-) The geographical location. Jihad. Sucks spearmen.
4. France. (Although I am Catholic countries are not particularly liked for the reason that everything is out of the incubator.) Again because of the good balance. While at first the Italians may face stuff =) But if you survive, you are a very strong faction.

All of the above is based on impressions of the game, and not of tests 1 by 1, calculate the cost of hiring and maintenance, and other things. No one really liked.

J
Julii Cohort 17.09.19

I believe strong that the one with more firepower and a strong cavalry.
France and HRE this both. Especially Serpentine!
Volley guns and approached at close range to hold with Knights lancers or Gothic knights. Well, those appear later.

v
vavan74 17.09.19

eDzeer
All right. Especially about the incubator

e
eDzeer 17.09.19

Have ulybnula phrase to some topic about cubism - abstract art on the boards =))) damn Differences only in size and color of these cubes)))

e
eDzeer 17.09.19

Read the whole topic and I can not understand. I have SS play for Russia and not tense. Hiking princely retainers punching people left and right, never lost a castle(city) RIN\RIN. Save Load - use only in cases of exclusive glitches or brakes
2 Cavarinus - the question is how can you do to develop if you start to win only completed up to the Royal guards? Maybe it's not the mirror that you blame??? I hardly completed in Thorn to Princely
and any problem with troops not already experiencing strokes of 50 - 60. Yes, almost every attack move, only problems any does not arise, even Vice versa - experience the car. The opponents were a Ghost of a chance only until such time until there were beasts with bows and axes, and now the finish...
By the way don't love Turkey, but the army they have is excellent, so what to say about the desperate patriotism is silly.

K
King of bot 17.09.19

Elias Sinnortis
Lithuania, of course I only Kingdome, the original is the strongest Venice because of the good balance of troops. About the fact that Russia is difficult to capture a lot of cities in the beginning, I did so put beside rebels 1 squad of spearmen and formed an Alliance with Poland, They attacked the city when the rebels remains 10 units shake out of battle. On the next turn finish them 75 spearmen. So I loosened Poland, Hungary and patched a great state in the beginning.

e
eDzeer 17.09.19

IMHO cheating )))

c
cataphract_an 17.09.19

here is my most strong nation
1. Milan (locks not necessary to include all employed in the cities)
2. Mauritania (Tuareg + knights Normans militia swordsmen)
3. Sicily (Italian militia (shooting, Pechatnoe, horse) + Spanish swordsmen)

K
King of bot 17.09.19

Not cheating, but clever use of unions ))) why else do they need.

e
eDzeer 17.09.19

It does not say it is cheating and already not particularly intelligent AI. And they need to have at least some realism, but their often not very travel it goes (

R
Rightcross 17.09.19

1. The Holy Roman Empire (balanced army, a large number of settlements early in the game, which in turn allows you quickly to adjust the economy(I personally)).
2. England (a very favorable geographical position, strong infantry and archers, as well as Navy)
3. Egypt (again, profitable g/p, lots of rebel settlements nearby, respectively, it is easy to develop in the beginning, to develop the economy, and then to begin the conquest, using numerical superiority and/or mercenaries).

s
sanchousgoblin 17.09.19

1. The Moors. They have too many strong forces, even the Tuareg with muskets and the Christian guardian (characteristics identical to the conquistadors on foot and horseback).
2. France. A well-balanced army, including strong cavalry and heavy gunners.
3. Milan, Venice, Sicily. The difference between them is not much, but they have a strong town teams.

L
Lesovik 17.09.19

In SS 6.1 one of the strengths of the Turks. Janissaries -animals.However, before their appearance it is necessary to develop...

c
cataphract_an 17.09.19

Spain, especially in the later period.
Milan almost don't need CodeGate locks + strong militia.
Turks, especially in the later period.
Egypt, the Mamelukes, carabide assassins. along with the Moors.

S
Sand4 17.09.19

Play as the Byzantine Empire...can't understand why all that praise warriors of Turkey, Egypt and the Moors! When playing against them have not experienced any difficulties! It was more difficult with the Mongols and Timurids...and such factions as Milan, France, HRE, Spain, England - not a gift...

L
Lord Stronghold 17.09.19

The Hungarians did so....well, Milan essno))

K
King of bot 17.09.19

When I play the move on 30m just passed 20 moves to the neighbors little developed, and that bothers lancers Yes peasants watering, From Milan by the way the same units as that of Sicily, only they are smaller and not of the Norman knights, who right from the beginning of the game you can hire so he's obviously weaker

c
cataphract_an 17.09.19

Sand4
comp is stupid!!!!! similarly, when you play for other factions. incidentally Byzantium under the control of the AI will almost always take out one of the first.
King of bot
but in the later period Milan can only resist the Turks, the Spaniards (for units).

L
Lord Stronghold 17.09.19

By the way Milan have the same units as that of Sicily, only they are smaller and not of the Norman knights, who right from the beginning of the game you can hire so he's obviously weaker

But Milan's money is flowing better))
_______
PS) the Norman knights gamna. More like Sicilian real knights, because the Royal guard were wet, and the Mongol horsemen too.... especially if the pump.... besides, it is better to love, than Norman knights.... here...

V
Vladislav927 17.09.19

England is the most simple and the fastest-arming country. Just stupid grabbing the whole of Britain can safely start an exercise plan to take over the world. But power seems to me Denmark is the strongest( MTW2 Retrofit option).