3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SKA76RUS 17.09.19 06:00 pm

The strongest faction (Medieval 2: Total War)

Let's discuss what is the Strongest Faction, which is easier to pass the game which more interesting etc.
199 Comments
Sort by:
A
Armandilema 17.09.19

With Russia all the rules. The main thing at the start for more provinces to chop off. A further matter of technique. Even easier as the poles pushed away in Europe, Turks are not particularly fussed. The war is mainly on a European front. And before the Mongols even as in certain position to the capital of China. And develop in peace. The main thing is not to slow down at the beginning.

While I believe a strong faction of Egypt. Very comfortable position. In the North-East the Turks are very far in the West the Moors is also very far away. One Byzantium to its seaside landings lacking, but on the landing of the troops, as a rule, does not go away. And the assassins initially, very quickly got: generally beasts, with their tin knives almost all the Byzantine infantry 1на1 cut with a maximum of 25% losses, and hiding where no hitting, and then in the open field because of the angle on the enemy jump out.

I have a license without mods v1.02

B
BlackCap 17.09.19

IN SS6.1 written in a separate file TTX units. Who cares, read and count. And it will be the only basis for the average calculation, and only for this mod, but the General idea of the performance characteristics for the entire game.
The strongest faction is the one which is fun to play. Each has its own special units when you use bonus which is 100% all other units will have very strong features, but still less than 100%. I really like shooting cavalry, but talks against it, I prefer to mow her infantry with arrows. Work very well pavinee crossbowmen. And mow all don't, just five shots and out of 60 riders you will shoot at scarcely one-third with low morale. Well flying heavy cavalry on the far charge, those same super-duper tanks of the Russians in a quantity of 60, very nice bed for 2 volleys(never have time to melee) a pair of three units of Genoese crossbowmen. And do not say type need one-on-one, against Connick one pehotinets nakogda not going to win unless you're lucky for once in my life... :)
In short, petja5 again voiced the thoughts of us all, the great strategists in мтв2! :)

E
Elefast 17.09.19

Like the Aztecs, the only one I had a decent soprativleniya in the single player campaign.

v
vavan74 17.09.19

The strongest faction is by far the Turks. This army repeating units of the Tatar-Mongol plus the Janissaries. The only thing I've been able to enjoy victories over the Horde in the open field. Should poyuzat Egypt - show so to speak historicism М2ТВ. After all, the Mamluks stopped this herd of horses with bows.

G
Graymonk 17.09.19

The strongest faction is my...)))

E
Elias Sinnortis 17.09.19

This wise opinion was expressed repeatedly. To add :) there is really nothing. Can only hypothetically speculate what your faction would be stronger, but they are, unfortunately, not destiny to meet. On is possible that the strongest would be the most favorite.

v
vavan74 17.09.19

No, Turks in addition to perechisleno still overwhelmed with nepovtorimym set of units in the bundle the city-castle. Well, when you get to gunpowder, then finally kick.

R
RUST333 17.09.19

The French are the best riders in Europe (probably frogs fed)...and in the middle ages taxiing cavalry...castles, too, they took (generic types), plus infantry, which level can fight any other infantry...accordingly, in my opinion the strongest fractionis French..

Y
Yomen 17.09.19

to RUST333 what's the use in a large selection of the same troop types, from the heavy. cavalry only the names are different , and the characteristics are the same. Although someone like that. And the Turks are really strong. But Milan objectively a very strong faction with a good selection of city and castle units.

R
RUST333 17.09.19

Yeoman developed..so no wonder they came up with so many names..they went from something...was based(they really know more than us), so they are something different...speed, armor, etc...the French are the Turks good will compete in the battle (assuming in the open field, the horsemen)..
Milan is strong crossbowmen..1-2 volley(if not AI, and the player maybe 3)..but to them the cavalry of the drive...and there crossbows will not help, and their swords...

About the strongest of the faction the debate was, is and will be...because SSF is a fraction, where the player is playing (or the nation, who with her having problems (the Mongols and Timurids don't count, because they come in a bunch and pumped..if they are all as evolved, they would have to 13-14 centuries will not be..(again, CM)))

Y
Yomen 17.09.19

RUST333.....forced to disagree with you....and where did you get that (they really know more than us)? explain to me the difference between the Noble knights and the knights of the aristocrats?.....personally, I do not find any significant differences(even in appearance).....but Milan is not only the crossbowmen...and Lanz of specialty, and Guard the Duke.....will not yield to the French knights, and against the Italian police, the French do have nothing to oppose! All this when used in the complex very effective. And SSF is the fraction which a player plays well he is more inclined.

Y
Yomen 17.09.19

I would like to add about England. Here are some friends particularly admired England, but I can not understand what good it is?!! Pretty mediocre army preobladanie shooters. There is practically no cavalry, and heavy infantry does not help the situation. She probably superior to the Scots, but with the major continental armies can't match. England, save only ostrovnoe position, and carrying her out in the beginning.

R
RUST333 17.09.19

Yeoman...
Lanz of specialty, Guard, Duke is a sorry excuse for Italian troops (Milan-it Republic/municipality passing then to Italy, then to France: in the XV century, Milan was conquered by France, and then, in the early XVI century, Spain. and HRE: in fact, Milan was part of the puppet state the Italian Social Republic of Mussolini and an important command centre of the German army, stationed in Italy.), stay here at Milan there were different troops (the French(most likely cavalry), Italian (Italian police), the German..)..crossbowmen-Yes!..this is their best creation, but do not want to repeat..1-3(in the field) of the shot is not a force..a town/castle any army can shoot (even shots)..

Hmm..I see there is still a stone in the direction of the British threw...
1) archers can shoot faster than crossbowmen(killing power is less of course, but it kompensiruet rate of fire).
2) uniqueness: the stakes in front of him-excellent protection against cavalry, plus they still put in the castles/cities..
3) the best infantry in armor and armor..

Y
Yomen 17.09.19

RUST333.....if Lanz of specialty, Guard of the Duke is a poor excuse!!!.....then the French knights just a bunch of peasants!.....but the Genoese crossbowmen by the way was considered the best, they were hired almost all over Europe.....they participated in the defense of Constantinople, in the battle of Kulikovo(on the side of the Mongols!).....it was one of the most little-known mercenaries of his aramani! And about the battle field I will not repeat.....everything said earlier.

About the British:
1) you contradict their own claims: what good shooters on the field when attacking the heavy. cavalry will not help them even if they will shoot 3 times faster....the bow is not designed to break armor.
2)the spear is easy to get around, and for infantry they are generally not a problem......the uniqueness about this is you bent! and the Poles of the arrow can also raise the stakes!
3) thebest is a strong word! Ordinary average quality, and their vaunted tanesha pelini is extremely vulnerable to crossbowmen.....and given the weak cavalry is not much point in heavy. the infantry have no cover for their crossbowmen will shoot and finish off the strand. cavalry

E
Elias Sinnortis 17.09.19

The yeoman's.
The British army is really good, but not suitable for those who are accustomed to use a giant lava very heavy cavalry and to play an armoured steam roller. The success of English depends on the balance between 3 types of troops: archers with stakes, halberdiers (you can take knights with dvuruchnikami or militias with hooks) and medium cavalry types of knights in chainmail or light weight special English knights. Furthermore, since archers are the basis of the impact forces need to take a good stance and to correctly distribute the arrows and turn of shooting. All this is much more difficult than to build in fron 10 units of noble knights and ordered them all to carry.

R
RUST333 17.09.19

Long or large English onion (eng. longbow) bow to the man's height or higher, widespread in medieval England. It is considered the main weapon by which the British won victory in the hundred years war.

The English long bow began to be popular after the failure of the British during the feudal wars in Wales and Scotland. The British then decided to use a large number of such bows to confront the first of Wales and then the Scottish spearmen. In addition, this kind of weapons has played a crucial role during the battles of the hundred years war (battle of Crecy, Poitiers and Agincourt).

The French tried in different ways to neutralize the English archers: cavalry soldiers dismounted, the armor supplied by steel plates covering most of the body, the horse was also being wrapped around the armor

so..

Y
Yomen 17.09.19

Long bow is nice, but its efficiency leaves much to be desired. For example, to disable about 2,000 French knights at the battle of Agincourt (if not mistaken), the English archers released about 500,000 arrows..... The victory ensured a clearer and more coherent command from the British and use of fire areas large masses of archers. And in the end the English with their long bows have lost the war.

R
RUST333 17.09.19

The battle of Agincourt was another (after crécy and Poitiers) by the triumph of the English tactics, based on great archers (whose arrows pierced heavy armor) acting under the cover of dismounted English knights, over the flower of French chivalry.

The troops of the English king Henry V (3-5 thousand archers, about 1 thousand dismounted knights) October 25, 1415 defeated the French troops under the command of constable sh. d''albret (up to 10 thousand mostly dismounted knights and crossbowmen).

In General, the tandem is very strong. English knightly cavalry makes deep raids on France, breaking off communications, and causing considerable material damage. All this time the archers accompany the knights. When suitable, the French army, the British take a defensive battle in fortified positions. It is obvious that archers are not able to resist the enemy hand to hand and then the English knights (which is insufficient for equestrian battle with far superior numbers of French cavalry) turn to protect their infantry.

again, Luke...
by the way Robin hood-the man is a British hero Archer!

K
King of bot 17.09.19

The strongest Lithuania: it has heavy infantry armor, bonus against cava, frightening the infantry and at the same time contained in the FREE cities. The perfect defense: a city with 6 such groups is almost impossible to take, besides hiring in 10 cities such units free then getting the most powerful player in the game. And the money saved to hire Cavalry Dievas - the most powerful in the game. Plus developed of the city I Riga brought 16,000 rubles per turn(110 stroke), the other cities in the Baltic States on 7-9 thousand Total 110 during the Treasury of 1,500,000, net income of 90 thousand on a daily basis. Teutons from the grain you carried in the first year of life gathered nearby garrisons. Played for a lot of factions but this is really the coolest.

E
Elias Sinnortis 17.09.19

Lithuania to the original, no, comrade. It's either Kingdom, or mod.