3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Midlight 18.01.20 01:20 am

Henselt: to kill or to leave (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

A very long time thinking about it. I think its existence is more easier life in the North (not counting Kaedven), the more such a dangerous person should not leave the throne... who knows what he might do in this position. What do you think?
117 Comments
Sort by:
H
Ha1f-Dead 18.01.20

I believe that with the passage of Roshe the main objective which should be put is the preparation of the Kingdom of the North to war with Nilfgaard. And for this you need to have Temarii, Redania, Kaedwen and Aedirn were strong kings, and since were only Radovid and Henselt need to give Radovid Tamariu and Henselite Aedirn. For this you need to give the cook Radovid, and at the end of the second Chapter not to allow Roche to kill Henselta. I don't care what Henselt as people are full of shit, asshole, bastard, a murderer and a rapist, the main thing is that he's a good leader, and able to suppress and subjugate the nobles Aeterna, making it ready for a war with Nilfgaard. Also I do not care what Radovid cunning schemer, who has worked with fanatical inquisitors and most likely behind the death of Bussy, most importantly he had a large army and he will be able to save Temario strong in the face Nilfgaard and to suppress the arrogant dvorachek who want to share Tamariu to inherit.
It is a pity in this passage it is impossible to prevent a massacre among the wizards which will provoke militancy in Lok Muine. But you have to choose what is more important stability or Temarii safety Council and the Chapter.
Magi – is generally a separate topic. On the one hand, if there is no mages, no one will be their conspiracies to drip on the brain kings in time of war. And on the other the Lodge of sorceresses and the rest of the mages are a formidable force that will contribute to the war (no wonder Szilard did the whole thing with the charges of the Lodges in the murder of the kings), besides, if we choose stability Temarii, Triss as one of the Lodge of sorceresses declare a traitor... So I think this is a more difficult choice than to kill Henselta or not.

K
Kuker 18.01.20

Ha1f-Dead
Wanted to add that in Kaedwen as you know there is a circle of conspirators-minded nobles is hostile to Nilfgaard, Henselt well known led with Nilfgaard their dalliances and intrigue, although the live Henselt is the enemy of black, I think there's a chance that at his death, the conspirators will be able to take the situation into their own hands. That is, first they will go to war with black and then will fight for the throne, it would be the most reasonable solution for them if they do not want to come under the wing of the Emperor.

H
Ha1f-Dead 18.01.20

Cooker
In my opinion, this circle of conspirators existed only thanks Rocher. And after the Detmold began to hang all in a row and revealed Rocher they ran away saying that will now serve Henselite. So these spineless conspirators without Roche are not worth a jigger.

K
Kuker 18.01.20

Ha1f-Dead
Possible:).... perhaps there is no ridge in Kaedvenskoe nobility :), but this does not mean that they are complete idiots and do not understand the impending danger, as he said himself, Geralt before the total disaster people can come together.

H
Ha1f-Dead 18.01.20

Cooker
To join, it is important to have around whom to unite, and without Henselta in Kaudwane there is no one who could replace him (probably Henselt himself and tried). Or are they in the game just not mentioned.

K
Kuker 18.01.20

Ha1f-Dead
for the war against the black they can be combined with Radovica.

S
Shepard 18.01.20

I killed him. It serves the bastards

H
Ha1f-Dead 18.01.20

Cooker
Maybe there will be in Kaedwen SO smart and sensible people that will offer Radovid their story, but one thing is for sure - they will not be much, but such a chimney as Kaedven dogsled not carry off. Ordinary people will never understand why they have to go in allegiance to redecam if the only reason these are SO clever and zdavomyslyaschie people is the fact that no Kaedwen own Governor, and it is urgently necessary to them. They are likely to decide to withdraw its new ruler by selection, that is, through good old civil war. And is it worth all this trouble just to punish the presumptuous bastard who raped Bianca?

Besides, if you want to punish all the scum in the game, Radovid it is also incidentally treat, after all it was he who arranged accident the main contender for the throne Temarii Bussy La Valletta...

K
Kuker 18.01.20

Ha1f-Dead
Whether or not everyone decides for himself:) and probably the only right decision each his own....
And about associations, I mean only that the nobles first will help Radovid and only then will fight for the throne( and not vassalage to Radovid), judge for yourself against Nilfgaard required all the forces of the North, civil war will take time which kedvencem just there, and because they will have to choose what they in fact want to choose a king and become the nearest neighbor Nihlgard moreover, even weakened by the war, or a little weather.... there is another option but it is unlikely Radovid will be able to win without the help Kaedwen.

Do not think that I can't understand the importance Henselta in this situation, I'm just trying to consider in detail the option where he dies:)

H
Ha1f-Dead 18.01.20

Cooker
Mndaa, and the common people of course will immediately understand that Radovid Holy knight in shining armor who came to defend the entire Northern Kingdom and then went away without demanding rewards, and not to let all the armies of the allies in the first wave, and to be damianii, and at the end of the war to conquer all the kingdoms at once? Every king in the first place concerned about the welfare of his country and all people know it. Therefore, if Radovid in this Union will not be a counterweight in the form of at least one king of all the kingdoms of the North soon okazatsya under the control of Redania, unless of course black will not win.

M
Midlight 18.01.20

In the game mentioned something about that nelfy already cross the Yaruha... Interesting, apparently it is close enough to the Northern Kingdoms, if they say like that? Then the Northern armies to collect some really can't. :) In that case, Henselta better to punish. ^_^

+ Don't forget about Jan Natalis and Roche - they may well help Radovid with rapid conquest Temarii (well, there is information, tips, etc.). And then, perhaps, Radovid will be a time for Kaedven with Aeternum. :)

PS what Radovid really responsible for the death of Bussy? O_o

K
Kuker 18.01.20

Ha1f-Dead
I also thought about it, the thing is that I like this idea like it:) the creation of a Northern Empire in my opinion it is the natural course of things and Radovid promising , there's even gouged the eyes of one witch, grows up, gaining intelligence and energy:) potentially in the future he will be able to compete with the black Emperor, now of course he is still far away, but somehow the North should be United.

I want to mention one more thing - my arguments are under way with Roche, speaking about the path with Iorvetom I have obtained a totally different global policy - the paradox but in a way with Iorvetom I go out the preservation of the Northern kingdoms.

About Bussy - the involvement of Radovid is due only to the assumption of Geralt, of course we are not idiots and understand who benefits from his death, but still no evidence in the game are not represented.

M
Midlight 18.01.20

Then Half is not worth writing about it with such confidence. :)

H
Ha1f-Dead 18.01.20

PS what Radovid really responsible for the death of Bussy?
From the first the Witcher is clear that Radovid wants to mix their blood with the blood Foltesta. To later sit on the throne Temarii and Redania his legitimate heir. That is why he married Adda in the first Witcher, if we saved her from the curse. But Foltest didn't want to Temeria rules the heir of Radovid and so I decided to sit on the throne of his son Bussy who had much more right to the throne. Radovid knew about it and wanted to stop him, and when Foltesta killed, he realized that it is urgent to act while Bussy and anais't under such a watchful guard as I should have. He could make a accident to both children, but was not sure if I can Adda to give him a healthy heir because of the curse strigi or if we kill Adda in the first Witcher, he needed the girl as a future wife for the same purpose as the Adda. So he ostril accident just to Bussy. He could of course steal anais directly, but it would have been an open act of aggression against Temarii, he had to themercy themselves gave him the girl, that's why when it came Roche and Gerald he so insisted that we need to give the girl to him, and not for example Natalia.
Well that won't do for the benefit of Radenii and for the sake of expanding borders, you can even pass on infanticide. In General Radovid dear people...

K
Kuker 18.01.20

Ha1f-Dead
But Foltest didn't want to Temeria rules the heir of Radovid and so I decided to sit on the throne of his son Bussy who had much more right to the throne.
In fact, at the end of the first game, Foltest tells Radovid in the dialogue and of Iddo the children will rule two countries that is, in fact, they are Contracting in the second part of Foltest says Bussy that he will become king but more about the plans Foltesta not known, it is unclear the first time, the second Adda has a legitimate right to the throne Temarii seniority, and here also it turns out a moot point because it Adda must be the Queen but this fact is disputed timeskim nobility who think that if the Adda will be the Queen of the power will come Radovid, there is another confusion... why they don't want? do they not realize that the heirs of such a Union is possible is destined to unite the two States and what benefits it promises? maybe they are shaking only for their privileges and are afraid for their jobs? how do we know what kind of ruler will Radovid and his children in the eyes of the people? all they want to fight for power?

About the qualities of Radovid - first of all as I wrote above, its the fault of the death of Bussy guesswork on your part, with the same success Bussy could be killed somehow Timeskim nobleman who dreams about anais married him or his son, why do not you admit this? and the second time we were talking about righteousness and moralism.....the post above you wrote

I don't care what Henselt as people are full of shit, asshole, bastard, a murderer and a rapist, the main thing is that he's a good leader, and able to suppress and subjugate the nobles Aeterna, making it ready for a war with Nilfgaard. Also I do not care what Radovid cunning schemer, who has worked with fanatical inquisitors and most likely behind the death of Bussy, most importantly he had a large army and he will be able to save Temario strong in the face Nilfgaard and to suppress the arrogant dvorachek who want to share Tamariu to inherit.

Why such a sudden change your mind? really for the time of our dispute is all so radically changed in your eyes?:)
Or just by some strange principle you definitely want to see in the management of the North it is the two villains, and steadfastly refuse to take only one?:)

H
Ha1f-Dead 18.01.20

Cooker
I just want to say that Radovid and Henselt of meanness two sopoga couple Henselt just worse at hiding it. But they're both good kings and generals, so the about the common good would be better if they stay kings, and will be taking custody Temeria and Aedirn.
I did not change my opinion, and wanted to prove that Radovid from a moral point of view much worse than it seems at first glance.
As you yourself wrote above, any idiot who clearly benefit from the death of Bussy, and in such luck of Radovid I don't believe. The absence of any material evidence, and the mysterious circumstances of the death of Bussy me very annoying. And for me, these two minuses equals a plus, because only Radovid was the obvious motive. Timeskim nobles had no reason to leave the girl alive because no nobleman could not protect the girl from the other nobles and blue stripes for so long that she grew up and married the son of this nobleman. Easier to kill all the children Foltesta and to found a Royal dynasty.

K
Kuker 18.01.20

Ha1f-Dead
Well I understand you, but I suggest to leave the moralism aside, it's not very rewarding:)
and about policy, I like you keep my old opinion - North need the Empire, death Henselta is a step towards its creation.

H
Ha1f-Dead 18.01.20

Cooker
Okay, let's leave morals aside. Let's now create the EMPIRE of the NORTH!
So the first step death Henselta, the second step the death of all the armies of the North except radianskoi in a great battle with Nilfgaard and the third step is the conquest of one by one Temarii, Kaedwen and Aedirn. By the way, what do you mean conquest? AAA remembered killing all men and resist violence against beautiful women...
Well well chop wood - chips fly. Hee.
Now consider a variant in which, under the command of Radovid will military Redania and Temeria, and under the command Henselta will be military Kaedwen and Aedirn. In the battle with Nilfgaard and Radovid and Henselt will try and demonstrate all that they are able to keep their military intact and not incur more losses than his ally. After the war begins to gain the trust of the residents of the conquest of territories, that is Temarii and Aedirn to in case of what they supported their new masters, instead of trying to start an uprising and not podvigli neighboring king to militant action.
Don't know about you, but I like my turn of events.

K
Kuker 18.01.20

Ha1f-Dead
Once we do that.... Are you trying to start a pointless argument, pointless though, just because I have three parties to turn what you wrote above, to get too much information consists mostly of speculation, of conjecture, by the way is your post above, take it here

By the way, what do you mean conquest? AAA remembered killing all men and resist violence against beautiful women...
Well well chop wood - chips fly
firstly you are again engaged in moralism, but I kind of offered to put it aside,you're doing it to Refine your choices?:)
however, I will say a few words....

What is your confidence in this scenario? maybe you are wishful thinking? although valid in fact yet, there may already be lots of options and parties that you forgot to pay attention.....

For example the fact that win the country can with well, for example, advantageous dynastic marriage, how about this? how do you think many of those in power in the Northern kingdoms know this secret?:) and how much effort the present enslavement of the country? and if the people of the country do not want to pozabotitsja? how much effort and lives will cost is the aggressor in this case?
And finally, speaking of the terrible injustice of war and blood, do you seriously think that after Radovid and Henselt divide the North all this stop? are you really so naive? You don't think about the possibility of a major war between them? for example beyond the Valley of Pontar, which departs Henselite and thereby ensures his supremacy in the North????

This is just an example.

With regards to why I get the North Empire - sooner or later it still happens and it will be right because it will allow you to set a uniform procedure, stop infighting and allow humanity to move and evolve further, it is possible that there will be no Northern Empire and one nilfgaardskogo which is also ultimately think is not a bad option in the end people's lives is not only to constantly fight among themselves over land, then breed again to fight for the same land, perhaps after the establishment of the Empire the people will gradually come to the fact that all the polls will start to learn magic and who knows what they can achieve, it's a fantasy world in the end, Sapkowski with his hopeless despair here is not the author.

Killing Henselta, I just see serious preconditions and good conditions for the establishment of the Empire - the Union Temarii and Redania the first step, then hundreds of variants of events, but the Foundation will already be.

H
Ha1f-Dead 18.01.20

Cooker
It is clear therefore score the first two points you agree. And the killing of thousands of soldiers which Radovid kill you do not mind. And the common people of the allied States who learns that made Radovid, with their husbands and sons, of course, will understand and will forgive the king Redania. And immediately offered his wife all the princesses, to conclude dynastic marriages.
Don't be ridiculous, this Radovid never forgive you. And the only way for him to seek obedience to those States, this capture exactly as I described.
But if he didn't get rid of the armies of these States, the nobility does not want to pokatatsya Radovid wanting to keep power to themselves, believing that controlling the army they're safe, and they will be right. And later they will choose new kings. The only country that will agree to you described the peaceful conquest through dynastic marriage is Temeria (and not the fact that the nobility would approve).
So, the only way one has Radovid to the North of the Empire is watered with rivers of blood.
And when choosing between the exact massacre which will suit Radovid and possible massacre which will be between Haselton and Radovica, I tried the second.
And to justify the bloodshed that it would have happened when it was possible to avoid it, it's like that to commit suicide after you find out you're mortal. They say the sooner the better.
Besides, imagine what the monster will become Radovid after all these feats, and what happens if he dies, because everything will slide to where we started, and all those lives will be wasted.
And generally with such an attitude you better not dream about the Northern Empire, and that Nilfgaard conquered the world. Then be sure peace and quiet...