3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
coach_spb_89 23.01.20 03:03 pm

Replacement/modification of textures (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas)

This topic is discussed all associated with the replacement textures of your favorite game. Questions, tips, your choices of textures, etc. are laid out here and nowhere else.

A small allowance for replacement textures in GTA-SA :

1) For a full-fledged update/replace any of the textures we will need the following programs:
TXD Workshop - used for the txd-files ( Utility is suitable for processing the relevant files from older games in the series - GTA III and VC).
Any graphics editor, like Adobe Photoshop CS.
The textures of the game are kept in special archives that have the extension .img (it Should be noted that the img archives also contain files with the 3-D model - them we do not need to touch). These files are located in the game folder in the subdirectory /models.

2) Run the program TXD Workshop. Open the archive with textures by pressing the button Open-IMG will appear a window where you can specify the path to the desired files. (For example:/Games/GTA:SA/models/gta3.img). Left open the tree files containing the textures (in Addition to themselves textures, as you know, in the list are the dff files, etc. texture files will be marked with picture).
Select the desired file, such as radar115.txd. To the right of the file directory displays a list contained in a separate file textures - in our case the list one texture.
Click Export and select the format for exported textures, such as bmp, select the folder to save.

3) edit the texture in any graphic editor.
Important!You cannot change the graphic parameters of texture file, otherwise the game may start to fail.
If you need to replace the texture on its own, it's easy to fit the required parameters for further replacement, taking all the information about the resolution and other things the exported texture.
For example: if we need to replace radar155.bmp for your image, then your image should have the same name, resolution, format, color mode, etc. file radar115.bmp.

4) the Finished texture model by pressing the button Import - choose the path to your texture and click OK.
Then save changes Save TXD.
Enjoy!

210 Comments
Sort by:
I
ILdar07 23.01.20

Thank you, brother.

N
Niko Bellic 23.01.20

nezachto!

B
Banzay-RUS 23.01.20

Hi all. I have this problem: I replaced a lot of cars and some of them wheels began to sink into the asphalt, but a little, nobody knows how to fix it? I really need, I would be very grateful

t
tolliver 23.01.20

guys, please tell me where are the models of people (ordinary citizens of the people we see on the street), and then I want to add to the game Niko Belik, but not as a gg, but as an ordinary person

I
ILdar07 23.01.20

models\gta3.img
written in data\peds.ide and data\pedgrp.dat

t
tolliver 23.01.20

ILdar07, if not difficult, can in order from the beginning to the end to talk about the process of replacing the models of people, and I honestly do not understand, just before I except machinery and weapons in the game, nothing changed

B
Bang993 23.01.20

People help, when trying to replace any texture or logo in the Workshop'e always gives an error"Stream read error! image settings have not changed, everything as it should be, tell the FPGA what to do!!

E
Erik Ersberg 40 23.01.20

help! when I replace loading screens, I got error bitmap image is not valid. Cho do?

I
ILdar07 23.01.20

To change the picture or choose another.
tolliver, the process of replacing the models of people the same as machines and weapons.

F
Fan L4D 23.01.20

The people who can tear out the texture of the water of IR of GTA IV and paste in GTA SA and to fill here this texture, I will say a giant thank you!!!

j
just_think72 23.01.20

In GTA IV and San Andreas water texture the same meaning to replace?

s
stf3689 23.01.20

How to make your working Loadscreen?

U
UnMortal Guard 23.01.20

How to make your working Loadscreen
TXDworkshop-om click Open TXDchoose folder \GTA SanAndreas\models\txd\ and there you will see files loadsc1,loadsc2,loadsc3,...loadsc14.This is the loading screens.Another files LOADSCS and LOADSUC.

s
stf3689 23.01.20

And pictures what type format they need to be changed?

U
UnMortal Guard 23.01.20

stf3689
BMP

U
UnMortal Guard 23.01.20

For example you want to change loadsc12.txd.Exporteres file in BMP format.Edit using the graphical editor.Save BMP file(do not rename the file).Then TXD-workшопом click Import and choose the modified file loadsc12.bmp.Click save and all.

G
Gangster s AK47 23.01.20

Lads help!!!!!! In img tool replace multiple files at once? And I zadolbalsya to hand one texture to change

I
ILdar07 23.01.20

img tool does not support this feature. use Crazy IMG Editor.

S
SANEKK 23.01.20

People help! which file is responsible for the showroom in San Fierro, well Carl bought.

I
ILdar07 23.01.20

Location data/maps/SF/SFse.ipl
Model models/gta3.img/carshow_sfse
PS. Rock MEd.