3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sEntet1c 19.02.20 11:35 pm

Impressions of the game (Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs)

The game is being developed by The Chinese Room(I respect those guys), then the game will succeed not only in horror terms, but also in design and suspense. In terms of gameplay, nothing new revealed, except for an open, but empty city, and a variety of needs. In the story I have no doubt the ending Dear Esther made my jaw SAG, I haven't sat in a stupor. Sistemki too high for such graphics and load Ala I alone in the room seems not very optimized. Look, I think would be a great game.
145 Comments
Sort by:
C
Clockwatcher 19.02.20

wesker 42rus
Chivo? In the game where it is said about a power failure? Or anything mentioned that can be attributed to the SUDDEN appearance of radiation? Why so make up one's mind if the sentence is the adjective autumn, And ordinary rain, I mean rain, perfectly tally with the fall, unlike radiation. And somebody can tell me what is different about autumn radiation from the summer or winter?

S
SNAKE_obanze 19.02.20

And I have here a question arose, a trifle but still (did not know what topic to put so I'll write here) When GH comes to life in the bedroom and in the room we find the first letter (in front of the mirror on the table) it is dated 1989!) Mmmm this is a typo or joke?) Because all the other letters (well, so far, I haven't passed) Dating from the late 19th century (i.e., 1880).

w
wesker 42rus 19.02.20

Clockwatcher
The machine at the end lists a metaphor for what happens to humanity in the 20th century: world wars, Nazism, communism, nuclear weapons testing. As part of the testing of nuclear bombs (including the most powerful) was conducted in the fall. But what can there be autumn rain (which by the way would be rain but not fallout) is the question.

C
Clockwatcher 19.02.20

wesker 42rus
And what can there be radiation? If the events of the game take place in 1899, and nuclear bombs will experience decades later? Correct me someone if I'm wrong. Or is the machine not for pigs, but to travel in time?
The word fallout can be translated this way and that, all depends on the context. If the logical reasoning, with the adjective autumn is only the rain, but if something is confusing, here's another - precipitation. Changing only stylistic colouring. What's the point in the autumn of radiation? It is classified according to the seasons of the year? It's not about the bombs, I believe, because their trial was not conducted only in the fall. Anyway, now we are going to recall all the events that took place ever in the fall? The offer to dig in General is nowhere, deep sense, it is not there, and someone looking hard)
Actually, looking at the abundance of nonsense and idiocy in this game we can only guess what meaning was carried by the developers, and whether he was at all. I don't know in General, how this all to admire, there is so much to talk filth and perversion...

w
wesker 42rus 19.02.20

Clockwatcher
The machine saw the future, the 20th century, it was mentioned in the game about 10 times and I said 3 times. OK, then explain to me the phrase a house of skulls in the jungle which is just the same exact translation. Where it has a place in the story, in 1899? Although you have the excuse of game pseudophilosophical heresy, there's nothing to it
Why do you have to explain something? You only want to smear a game you don't need an explanation

C
Clockwatcher 19.02.20

wesker 42rus
Why the excuse? The game really is complete nonsense, just to draw attention to the fact that the main character was talking to the plant itself(lol), called him on the telephone sets, in this piece of iron foresaw the future. Shame. How? However, it's ARTHAUS!!11 we Omit these little misunderstandings.
Can I have nothing to explain, I already patstalom from your genialnyh of umzalwane :D

w
wesker 42rus 19.02.20

Clockwatcher
Guy, if you're too stubborn to understand the game - it's your problem, not others. And judging by the fact that you don't think you even read my posts - this is all the more surprising. I'm not going to describe in detail the plot, grow up - will understand. Or do not understand. In the meantime, play something else.

C
Clockwatcher 19.02.20

wesker 42rus
As you want to.

n
naskof300 19.02.20

Hosted the game, and the main feeling at the end of the passage is confused... Well more confused in a good way than bad )))

From the beginning, reading the angry reviews, I wasn't expecting from the new Amnesia horror (the good, not a fan of this genre), and was even willing to take it as a game without gameplay (in the end, Dear esher, for me, is one of the best ever created interactive stories). And in this respect the new Amnesia really fully justified the hopes and the atmosphere here is flawless, plus a great design, and the oppressive feeling of evil going on somewhere behind the scenes.
The carnage in the city - so this is epic (thanks to the local soundtrack).

But here's the story of the game all this time was not clear at all, that is, it looked like a stream of metaphors which seemed made no sense and specifics. Naturally, I was hoping that in the end all will be explained, though not direct, but at least allusions and metaphors - but no! The ending of the game is the quintessence of Dear Esther, and in General indie games - that is, mirriad of metaphors, most of which in my opinion (not answer) doesn't mean anything, and only some can catch the nuggets of meaning. In the end it's not even clear whether all the events (or part of it) is real or not. For example Dear esther in terms of plot much better Machine for pigs - there's no specifics, the metaphor applied to the place with the mind, and the game in General feels the presence of a real and not an imaginary hidden meaning, then there is more real art than the square of Malevich taking solely their shocking.

In General, without reading forums at the plot I fully mastered that IMHO minus - maybe this is the fault of the translators. That machine is an analog of purgatory I at all did not occur. Although the final answers to all the questions in the game are still there - for example I never understood why some people were turned into pig monsters (why even do it?), and the other was sent to the meat grinder... That is, in purgatory. And even so, the plot at least, uh... drugs. I would not say that sending people to the slaughter, to save them from the ills of a new century is a wise decision.

In short, my rating 8/10

p
pordon 19.02.20

I would add something to the title(diagnosis): Amnesia & Schizophrenia: A Machine for Pigs. And so - good game.

J
Japhes 19.02.20

wesker 42rus
I'm not going to describe in detail the plot, grow up - will understand. Or do not understand. In the meantime, play something else

To me it becomes ridiculous when in response to criticism of the plot begin to write, they say, you are student, go here. I'm a grown man with higher philological education, plus the philosophy of the world studied. And what would I say? I will say that the story - bullshit, graphomania, a thinly veiled philosophical touch pastelito. And this story badly served, oversaturated with meaningless metaphors.

Only delusional comments to the game: a Story strange, I did not understand, but one can see that the plot is clever, deep and philosophical. Can not see anything! The writer took a bunch of their rambling philosophical thoughts, expressed them in the form of stream of consciousness, and this whole mess taught in the form of a story. Although it's not something for a computer game - even for a story is no good.

Stop defending this game. It was misery, and the rating of the players on Metacritic it eloquently shows. It was possible to make interesting, intelligent and philosophical game without tearing fart at fans of the series. Thechineseroom didn't. It was possible to make interesting gameplay, interesting puzzles, interesting leveldizayn, scary monsters, normal interactivity. Thechineseroom are unable to do this because they are incompetent. I wish them the rest of their days to make add-ons for Sims, they do not deserve more.

T
Tulskiy Pocik 19.02.20

Japhes
You're absolutely right.
And what about the first sentence, look here:in any online game play well-you're a cheater,you play bad-you're a noob,have a powerful computer-you grafo*Rocher are weak-you rogue,here's the companion sends you to play something else,but I have no idea what he has in mind,have in your favorite games all scolaire (CoD,Assasins Creed,BF).Again, double standards.

p
pacantre 19.02.20

Reading the comments, not all of course but most and realized that almost everything here scorotron, which give the dynamics of a hardcore quake with graphs krayzisa. All you do not understand, and most likely not Mature enough to amnesia. This is a challenging game where you have to think, to search, to include or disable anything in order to go further. Can you and kill you, and you are unarmed (pechalbeda). Sit down, pour about govograve, gonagala, boring, dull, your words are podtverjdeniem my words. Major game publishers gave the game high marks and believe that they are in the game know more than some students. I can not understand one thing: that's why all who like to drive, be sure to take and shake a game that they 100% do not like it, you know about it, then shake, play and smear her. Well if you don't like the genre of RPG, so why the fuck would you climb for these games? Including regular Cruzes, battle or what else is there, stick your tongue in your f..u and do not go into a discussion of what you absolutely do not know or understand!

J
Japhes 19.02.20

pacantre
Dude, first you read the commentary (do p o h t a th them), and then write. What the hell are you talking about? Are you serious or are you fat Troll? The game is crap, I say this as a lover of adventure and a fan of the first part of Amnesia. And the game is not complicated, the level of puzzles here on infants calculated.

Z
Zordot 19.02.20

disable anything in order to go further
For example, the brain.

r
rezak85 19.02.20

This schizophrenic crap that barely passed through . On Amnesia, the game looks nothing like horor and there is practically no , in the dungeon of the Church only was dumb and all. By the end of just do linear trash has slipped , and comments and notes is just crazy . In General, the Arthouse for the elite of the Amateur game.

w
wesker 42rus 19.02.20

pacantre
Friend, you better don't even try something to write here, still a few people understand. Others will smear. In General, I agree, this one's full of a kind of under-guru games who consider themselves navel of the earth.

D
DamageInc 19.02.20

Something a little related on the game. On ZOG do a few lines in the review.
Here, if anything, detailed opinion:
http://frayner.com/hi-tech/amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs-review.html

K
Kazak3330 19.02.20

Huntsman

L
Lavuer 19.02.20

to Japhes
Totally agree with you.
Read all notes and dialogue in the game. And no deep or philosophical make sense in the story I never saw. Only one nonsense filed by the hamsters, who are unable to distinguish the story from freaky vyser. I have the feeling that the developers were operating under the slogan: a profound conviction and malonates is everything!. And then it doesn't matter, let the lines of dialogue and plot of the records consist of absolutely no coherent sentences, let the main intrigue of the game reveals itself after 1 hour of gameplay, let the picture on the monitor blurry every fucking cal 15 seconds - it makes our game of charm and originality!

In short, the game 4 points out of 10. Sorry, but in order to understand the whole charm of this game, I'm not going to start Smoking marijuana.