3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sEntet1c 19.02.20 11:35 pm

Impressions of the game (Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs)

The game is being developed by The Chinese Room(I respect those guys), then the game will succeed not only in horror terms, but also in design and suspense. In terms of gameplay, nothing new revealed, except for an open, but empty city, and a variety of needs. In the story I have no doubt the ending Dear Esther made my jaw SAG, I haven't sat in a stupor. Sistemki too high for such graphics and load Ala I alone in the room seems not very optimized. Look, I think would be a great game.
145 Comments
Sort by:
d
dClam 19.02.20

Just finished the passage and I can say that this is... SOMETHING! Don't even know how to Express the mess that is left in the head - plot I do not understand guys, but impressed. There is in principle a speculation, but to build them in a logical chain my muddy brain is not as - if there is good people last game and uninova in the story - please tell me... about Cars, about children, about Oswald and I (who is it? what's this?) Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah! Don't get it.
But it's cool. Like I was after the passing of Dear Esther.
It's more of a philosophical story than the actual horror. The main thing that it has is the atmosphere, story, great music and sound. Well, I'm impressed. A powerful thing. PS, went for 7 hours, because cloacal. Played Outlast after that the guys didn't frighten me, although he was busy, but too predictable. But this Amnesia made to fall out a few bricks. I don't know... to whom as probably, but the level of immersion in the local schizophrenia - on top.

x
xint12 19.02.20

Ayato4
+1

T
Tulskiy Pocik 19.02.20

Put at least one screenshot of chelovekozver and that is something reluctant to go.

A
Artimiy 19.02.20

Ayato4
+2

D
Daedro 19.02.20

All forces expected the horror that would surpass Outlast... In this respect I was disappointed, the game is even more left in the direction of a quest or narrative of horror left nothing. For this recently fully all abused Dead Space 3, there's a similar situation has occurred despite a steep plot, the game was expecting of horror, so terribly appreciated. In any case, I really like it despite all the simplification.
Do the same, I had to expect that the chinese room will not manage to create horror normal) but I'm sure then their mistakes will learn, if they do other projects. Frictional Games have already been experienced in this respect, is now a machine for pigs is like the first penumbra, i.e. a bunch of errors. Remember what the difference was between 1 and 2 penumbra)) but just not to repeat what happened to part 3...(although this is the official game was?)

PS: appeal to some, enough to smear Dear Esther. If you don't understand nothing about that, about what was the game, not evaluate it. And don't be surprised that the drawbacks then put down...

T
The_Julius 19.02.20

Expect from Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs much more..... in terms horor Outlast. it smashed to smithereens.... and in terms of the effect of the presence too.... it's a shame.... waited for the game a lot but in the end a little disappointed..... it's a shame in one word.... all monsters in the game which only 2 species are not scared of no one.... all monsters are dumb and stupid....

R
Richtor 19.02.20

Fools those who are waiting for survival horor.Nobody promised.It is developed by the creators of dear Esther.This game is just good atmospheric adventure in the universe of Amnesia.Story about another person, the will of fate has lost her memory and find themselves nowhere.

T
Tulskiy Pocik 19.02.20

Daedro
Answer to some:it is not necessary to close people's mouth and not to Express their opinion on dear misery.And cons-the pros are I personally do not care if you're so worried.
Richtor
Those fools who waited for horor.Nobody promised

Here is just one preview from a dozen: the Developers are working on that Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs gave us a new feeling, but at the same time reminded what real fear. The game promises to be a very intense Thriller where no one is going with us to babysit. Democratic attitude, which was in The Dark Descent, disappear without a trace. Don't expect a happy rebirth in the next room after death. From now on, every mistake will have its price.

Could you send want you to think who is the fool in the end-treplivy the developers or the players expected more from the brand Amnesia?

R
Richtor 19.02.20

Tula potsik
I'm sorry,but it's more like a gag of the author,rather than the words of the developer.I sympathize with(not very much,but still) everyone who is disappointed in their fantasies and expectations.What else can I add?

Spit takes ,if the game did picsnl games and I assure you that they do horor decades.Then your spit was more or less justified.Just like it happened with the second Rome from the creatives.

We wanted to stay for it is written..but still.I ran the preview.And I think that's the only thing that the author did not invent.

The development of A Machine for Pigs thechineseroom busy, while the authors of the original games act as publishers, producers, and creative consultants. Thechineseroom is an independent Studio from Portsmouth with a very modest staff. They were responsible for the unique project, Dear Esther, where there was not even gameplay in the usual sense.....

Frictional Games from the very beginning were looking for a third party company to develop A Machine for Pigs.

New game storyline has nothing to do with the original. It's a different story in the same universe. Events unfold at the turn of XIX and XX centuries, in 1899. The main character will be a wealthy industrialist Oswald Mundus. After the expedition to Mexico, which ended in a very tragic way, he returned to rainy London......

This short description is the only reliable information about the plot. The developers promise us a journey into the secret past of Oswald. At the beginning of the game, he will be as lost as the character of the original Amnesia. In the plot, we learn new details about his life, about the mysterious trip to Mexico and his nightmares. As they say themselves the creators, Oswald not so good man as it might seem at first glance. Gathering together all the scattered pieces of information, we will be able to discover some of the secrets of his personality. But not all. Like in Dear Esther, we are promised an open end with a fair degree of understatement. Like in a good book the players themselves have to think through some aspects of the history.

Ie, no promises about the super survivl horror, no one did.I have all the.

A
Artimiy 19.02.20

please hare whining)) and Dear Esther gorgeous) Tula potsik don't mess with me)) we are friends)

x
xint12 19.02.20

I think Chinese have made a very strong atmospheric Thriller with philosophical overtones and a thrilling plot!Undoubtedly a huge step forward compared to Estner! Well done!!

D
Dr. Otto Wolfgang Ort-Mey 19.02.20

Passed finally. I must say the impression is ambiguous. First the bad: in terms of horror game is weak, and I'd say focusing on it in the first place. Also missing almost any interaction with ordinary objects. You can not have the bottle or box to take up, rise only quest items (why the mysteries of light become obvious). I was in the first Amnesia, there was not enough variety with items, and then do the inventory, and oil, and tinder-box, and schizophrenia was removed. Therefore, locations are perceived as normal background, and if you want to examine, in fact, nothing interesting anyway not find. The design of the pigs is also not happy(they are here, as in Duke Nukem). Not terrible, no flavor, and can't see shit. The system saves also the residue left yesterday had already reached the tower, had some 15 minute before the final, and in the evening returned to finish the game - the mouse stopped spinning horizontally, why I had to start the game again (missed 1:20 without reading notes. Too short). Now for the pluses: the Plot. Very unusual story, without parallel, with its dark steampunk atmosphere. Locations though empty gameplay, but the developers have worked and gave them a stylistic beauty (why on low graphics do not care). All the same, this want to walk around (plus, you notice some interesting details) the Music is excellent, reminiscent of dear ester, Yes, and by the end one feels that the developers are the same. Now, if it was a separate project, then definitely I would have liked, but since the title contains amnesia, the bad feeling remains for horrornot component. However liked the game in contrast to the primitive and dull outlast. 7/10

S
Sarogossa 19.02.20

On account of the physics... really do not understand why removed the interactivity of objects, but if you throw a nearby chair, then all is fair in physics will scatter in all directions. Crept the impression that on purpose, I removed this possibility, so as not to distract us from the narrative. And yet, note the surroundings: almost all the boxes, antrisoli, sets of tools, closets are taken from the first part :) And all guys have not lost given that walk the streets. Came near the way I sloupok, but I pig still soaked at the first meeting :)

S
Sarogossa 19.02.20

And yet it is unclear why drank more stories, out on the first batches come out, standing alone on indiedb to get

D
Daedro 19.02.20

Tula potsik
Opinions about the game can talk and not obsiraya the game. I have not closed my mouth, I wrote to the negativity on the game is not expressed. Just Not like and all. Personally, I and from liked Dear Esther, the plot and scenery is incredible, the ending creeps up remember get.

Sarogossa
I think so, because, after all, a Machine for pigs should not be taken as the second part of amnesia. They just created a separate story, not connected with the original. Also quite like this another story, only strict engine tweaked. Only one figure, why interactivity and tools that cut completely, it's just a mystery...

R
Ray_McCole 19.02.20

So the game passed. It is extremely short and not worth your attention, if you want to for you to hunt the terrible creature, when you look at where you would have froze the blood in his veins. For what it's worth to play this game, so this is the scenario. Still good sound. But the gameplay component, you will forgive me, no go forward -> pull the lever and so on until the very end. I'm not exaggerating. Nothing else you do will not have. In stealth there is no need, no madness, like puzzles and inventory finding the tinder-box. I would like rather to see the development of these aspects. In General, it's a different Amnesia. Not many will appreciate. I'm not appreciated.

Daedro
Dead Space 3 was the ordinary cooperative postrelushka, which are many. That appreciated low. Story I have not seen. And no 3 penumbra was not.

A
Anderby 19.02.20

The first part was not present, and here.

Now even no monsters. There are three or four arcade running errands and just. Hear them, of course, from afar. Very easy to run away, hide and seek is not necessary. But the environment is relatively become more varied and gamepad support is screwed.
The plot is so-so, but the basis is good. Although, just a replay classic of Evangelion (the ascension of man to heaven with the ancient instructions) in the XIX century. The puzzles are straightforward, almost linear.
Don't know what in this game can be assessed, for what grade.

B
Batyayayaya 19.02.20

Nice to see that the game was perceived differently. Some liked it and some do not. But I would like to know if it is sold? Purely out of curiosity.

S
Sarogossa 19.02.20

Daedro
I agree you have correctly described : Another story. On account of the inventory no mystery there. After the ester we have filosofskuyu drama/parable/novel (to underline necessary) - Chinese room does not focus on gameplay. Interactivity for this and cut out, that we may be devoted entirely to the history of what is happening. Of course EVERYONE was waiting for the amnesia, but not another story. Not fail, but unpleasant...

T
THUNDERDOME 19.02.20

555mafiozzo555
outlast is not horror, but a sad and serious play.