3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Okruta 24.09.19 12:58 pm

Will a normal replacement for Windows XP?

Last year, MIcrosoft officially ceased support for its OS is better - Windows XP. I accidentally wrote officially for the update to this OS is still available and is downloaded from the official website. But that's not the point.
Windows XP became a real revolution in OS, is firmly entrenched in the hearts and souls of millions of users. Unfortunately, instead of continue to develop it, almost perfect, operating system, uncle bill did a course at squeezing the bubble by issuing new Axes. And one after another began to be offered completely raw good-for-nothing products - they simply do not have time to bring to mind, as it was already time to release a new OS. There is no crime that would not go to the capitalist, for the sake of 300% profit is a dictum for almost two hundred years, and it perfectly explains the whole policy of Microsoft.
But still, how do you guys think? Could it be that uncle bill will finally Wake up the conscience, and his team will release not just a crude commercial product, but really usable operating system, which would be a normal replacement for Windows XP?
137 Comments
Sort by:
a
artes1998 24.09.19

Wash mu seven worthy replacement for winXP.

O
Okruta 24.09.19

The most striking and well-known fact: the lion's share of games that worked fine under XP do not work under semerau - lousy replacement.
And besides, the drivers for semeru to multiple devices just forgot to write not going.
And in General, it is still too buggy.

h
hardwaredude 24.09.19

artes1998

No. Of bugs and problems of the sea. You system did not really work, so do not notice.

Akruti

And in General, it is still too buggy.

Yes, Seven is extremely raw system even now, and they support stop. If such a policy is worthy of replacing XP never will be. With such speed of the conveyor quality control simply has no place.

-
-S.E.R.G.E.Y.- 24.09.19

Akruti
What the hell? All seven works. And she sistemka is much more reliable than XP. I have to do it, zero problems, can not be said about piggy I'm on W7 almost since the release. Well, the owners of calculators I do not agree. )))

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 24.09.19

hardwaredude
Seven extremely raw system even now

And than You argue? The Sevens is:
1) some handy interface elements;
2) not a bad firewall;
3) install all of the drivers on the fly.

n
nikita2112 24.09.19

Seven replacement rules. And if the boobies of their Microsoft did not experimented with the design and didn't move his mouth for *PP, it probably eight would be the norm.

O
Okruta 24.09.19

All seven works.
Works what released a patch, for example, Gothic. But for the whole patch will not release, how many games are excluded?
From personal experience Saboteur did not go on the seven, put the patch for radionow - still not talking. God knows who is to blame: Radeon or seven, but the sediment is not very nice.
As for equipment: you will find semëročnoj driver for EPSON Perfection1660?
And she sistemka is much more reliable than XP. I have to do it, zero problems, can not be said about piggy
Met a couple of times the case that semëročnoj the screw is just not seen from under LIVE CD. Reliability, well, well.
some handy interface elements;
I did not see something fundamental differences interface Semery from Windows XP
not a bad firewall;
Who needs a built-in firewall, if you have Casper?
install all of the drivers on the fly.
Despite the fact that drivers for many devices simply do not exist under semeru.

R
RikoChiko 24.09.19

From personal experience Saboteur
Twice 7ke played.

The most striking and well-known fact: the lion's share of games that worked fine under XP do not work under semerau - lousy replacement.
All the old games I ran was excellent in 8ке. On the tablet.

K
KaraVechnaya 24.09.19

Don't know what your problem is, you need to play for the dh9? Want to play new games you HAVE to switch to 8.1. Why do you need drivers for this old thing? ask my mother for money she you a new printer buy, say 3 in 1 as I have. I sat on all the even Windows 3.11. And while I believe 8.1. Ideal Windows as soon as 10 from the same set. I don't understand those who sit on HP she had died with the release of Vista.......well 7s. It's time to forget HP, bury her already. I have no problems with the drivers no, Windows itself finds the network.

h
hardwaredude 24.09.19

VITYA_KOLYADENKO

And than You argue?

-After replacing EXE file to a file with the same name does not change the icon to a new one. Windows fun giving false information while continuing to display the old icon. How do I know what file replaced? Guess?
-When you rename a file in the same name but caps/lowercase, the file name is not changed until you press F5

And things like that. If only you knew how much this complicates the work. And this is only the beginning. About the bugs with the automatically-refreshes desktop/folders I am silent.

Windows 98 was able to refresh and icons and folders, and file names. But wow! Mega cool Windows 7 can not. The system is not EVEN able to do a refresh, and you prove to me that it is not raw?

-----------

Instead of showing me the MP3 tags in the Tiles mode as did XP (useful infa!), Seven shows me very not poleznuju info (MP3 Format Sound). And, it turns out the MP3 file? Srodu would not have guessed neither the icon nor the resolution. But for the sake of this excess useful information from the file information removed tags.

-----------

Seven hid the half of the needed user settings. Microsoft thinks you're a moron who is unable to configure your system. And you rejoice and praise the Seven. Um... Maybe not in vain said?

Y
Yamaguchi-gumi 24.09.19

Akruti
Well Sabater works on seven and 8.1

Y
Yamaguchi-gumi 24.09.19

Change your hardware and all will be well.

R
Renox 24.09.19

If you have new hardware then XP is simply not needed.
Of course, for those who yuzaet devices from the early 2000s 7ka bhagavana because these devices nafig not rested. Drivers are, well, you see!

O
Okruta 24.09.19

Twice 7ke played.
Well, you're a fucking Radeon.
Caravaca, I guess you answer me? Without the quotes and the treatment is difficult to determine this for sure. But judging by the context, the same me.
Want to play new games you HAVE to switch to 8.1
No, you just have to wait until a more convenient Axis. I'm an optimist, I hope that uncle bill has played a conscience and he'll make a worthy replacement for Windows XP.
Why do you need drivers for this old thing?
What is junk I have. Besides, unlike most new scanners this is the mode of scanning film.
ask my mother for money she you a new printer buy
Haha I have a mom ask for? I have two excellent photo printer that I was quite satisfied.
for example, the 3 in 1 as I have
Here device 3 in 1, simply put MFP in my experience - is crap! In our historical Museum is worth (Samsung), it is easier for the camera to re-shoot than to scan a picture on it. No, of course he otskanit, only the quality will be...
Ideal Windows as soon as 10 from the same set.
She's already, like, a long time ago is available for download - put! I'll wait, maybe she still continues to work until a decent replacement for Windows XP.
If you have new hardware then XP is simply not needed.
Of course, if someone is peddling a preset semeru in the store, kill the license and replace it with the Piglet is not very desirable. But that's only I'm one of those who broke to pay their krovnozarabotannye that on a computer was the OS.

R
RikoChiko 24.09.19

Well, you're a fucking Radeon.
Both times on the damn Radio.

K
KaraVechnaya 24.09.19

Akruti
I downloaded but it's still kind of a beta version, wait full.

O
Okruta 24.09.19

Both times on the damn Radio.
But it is very strange. With the patch run?
I downloaded but it's still kind of a beta version, wait full.
Well, if chasing each new version, what is the difference of alpha, beta, Delta, gamma... have the opportunity to download new - to download.

V

Akruti
Who needs a built-in firewall, if you have Casper?
Casper You have a course license, and not the most ancient version?

V

hardwaredude
-After replacing EXE file to a file with the same name does not change the icon to a new one. Windows fun giving false information while continuing to display the old icon. How do I know what file replaced? Guess?

Yes indeed, you can rename the file. This is a big damage to security.

M
MKUltra 24.09.19

Akruti
Saboter worked perfectly both on Win7+Nvidia and Win7+Radeon works. No additional patches and firewood.

And, by the way, about the old games: all perfectly works on 7 without any patches since Fallout 1.
With the software for almost 4 years of use Vin7 also not having any problems.
Maybe it's not in the system...