3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Okruta 24.09.19 12:58 pm

Will a normal replacement for Windows XP?

Last year, MIcrosoft officially ceased support for its OS is better - Windows XP. I accidentally wrote officially for the update to this OS is still available and is downloaded from the official website. But that's not the point.
Windows XP became a real revolution in OS, is firmly entrenched in the hearts and souls of millions of users. Unfortunately, instead of continue to develop it, almost perfect, operating system, uncle bill did a course at squeezing the bubble by issuing new Axes. And one after another began to be offered completely raw good-for-nothing products - they simply do not have time to bring to mind, as it was already time to release a new OS. There is no crime that would not go to the capitalist, for the sake of 300% profit is a dictum for almost two hundred years, and it perfectly explains the whole policy of Microsoft.
But still, how do you guys think? Could it be that uncle bill will finally Wake up the conscience, and his team will release not just a crude commercial product, but really usable operating system, which would be a normal replacement for Windows XP?
137 Comments
Sort by:
A
Ababkov Denis 24.09.19

Akruti
Actually, as soon as XP came out was no better than Vista+system is not true, even for me because of her problems above more beautiful and on 7-ku as we move XS, himself sitting on 8.1 and are quite happy with all the games that I like (I mean old) work great.

A
Andrey Andreev eto prosto 24.09.19

Windows 10 solves ! Xp time has passed and for so long that the kids already went to school ..

O
Okruta 24.09.19

And I sincerely hope that you never were a programmer, even on a calculator!
The fact that the program consists of code, even a schoolboy knows. I just don't know what to think about code in this context. Yes, actually if you remember, you know, as now I write the program? From the classical coding there is little left: kopecku poked, stretched runner, has prescribed properties. But such ease of writing turns redundant information in the code that nobody wants and only aggravates it.
As for the fact if I was a programmer, was still (scan the work or what to look for), but I said from the beginning, it is not necessary to dwell on this, for this is just the way it was.
Actually, as soon as XP came out was no better than Vista
But she's been fine-tuned over time, in contrast to later systems that riveting quickly.

D
Denis Nikonov 24.09.19

However, support default, I came across old games that work fine in XP and in 7, 8 do not work as we would like.

You can just have XP and 7/8 . If in the old game to play - download XP, if not old - download 7, 8 . And there is no problem .

To the question Is it normal to replace Windows XP? - no answer doesn't know. We can only guess. I think that is unlikely to be replaced.

h
hardwaredude 24.09.19

Guys, as a programmer I tell you this: in the new axles work badly or do not work only those games that were crooked or carelessly written. Believe my experience. The issue with games Microsoft's silly to blame. Here, I have no complaints. My only claim to the damp new axles and a huge variety of small flaws and inconveniences.

O
Okruta 24.09.19

My only claim to the damp new axles and a huge variety of small flaws and inconveniences.
Well, actually, for this reason, and the whole SUBJECT. Stamp raw materials, and do not even think to bring it to mind, right to the new stamping switch.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 24.09.19

Yes, there are games that on Win7 x64 did not go or require compatibility mode. For example - Warcraft 3 (but kind of depends on the Assembly).

v
vladteterev85 24.09.19

Personally, I believe that in the entire history of Windows, there are only two of the normal version. This XP and 7. And no need to replace one another because they are each unique in their own way. Just do as I do: put them both on the PC itself and do not suffer. As for the eights, the more shit I haven't seen. The menu is like a fucking Android is a bunch of rubbish out of labels. If this will continue, then everyone's favorite Windows will be called bendroid. And over time, the PC will disappear, the keyboard, all the screens will be touch, and all the people getting stupid, how the youth of today with devices on Android, and will be stupid to point a finger at the screen. It is not even the monkey knows. So people who have their own opinion and do not pass on everything new just because it is dictated by fashion and remain on what's convenient for them - in short, such people are worthy of respect. And these people will rule the world when the rest will turn into dumb apes with only one finger on the hand pointing in the picture under glass

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 24.09.19

Without a mouse in normal shooters to play will not work.

O
Okruta 24.09.19

Without a mouse in normal shooters to play will not work.
Well, the finger is properly put sight easier than a mouse, so a shooter on tablets to play harder. Just as it is good for health, all the time to connect with a screen.
Android, by the way, has already begun reconnaissance on the PC, I already wrote about this in another topic.

I
Izuru Hitachi 24.09.19

Akruti
Just Megatron, so many people fell for troling...
Well, on topic: no problems working with Win7 SP1 Ultimate more than 3 years. Than bendy hands, the worse it works all around.
Personally for me it is 7 much easier than HP, and making it much prettier.

O
Okruta 24.09.19

Alas, alas, this year, it seems our beloved Piglet will finally sink into oblivion. From the first of January ceased its support in Steam, the ninth of April stopped working Skype, in the beginning of September - is indeed updated to a version that does not support Windows XP, had to dance with a tambourine not to lose added download. Even to write this post had to come in sevens. Sad...

A
Aleksandr Kozlov Evgenevi 24.09.19

Akruti
Don't know why you so cling to XP.
But all by and large to spit.

g
gennaz 24.09.19

Akruti
From the beginning of 2020 will cease support for win 7 will only have 10.

O
Okruta 24.09.19

Alexander Kozlov E. wrote:
Don't know why you so cling to XP.
Because this is the most detailed and user-friendly operating system.

gennaz wrote:
From the beginning of 2020 will cease support for win 7 will only have 10.
That's what I say, not had time to release an OS, and already stop her support. Where to hurry something?! I think that if Windows XP they are five years of fighting (the date of the final destruction of the Piglet can be considered as 9 April this year), then with Windows 7, I think the fight will last no less. For a Dozen, as they say those who yuzal, worse than Seven.

S
Subaru MotorSports 24.09.19

Akruti
Two years use Windows 10 LTSB no problems, I advise you to install a new version of the software under the new Windows.

v
vftor 24.09.19

The rational is to have multiple computers (have done):
1. For the old spec. programs under DOS and old games (2000-2002) is a computer under the graphics card with AJP Win.XP.
2. For music, videos and games (from 2003 up to 2005) - 2-core computer with Win.XP + separate system with Win.7 x86.
3. Games (2005-2019) - the comp Win.7 x64 with independent systems on the SSD and HDD.
All the computers work on 2 monitors using KVM switches for VGA and DVI.

A

Akruti
Akruti wrote:
Because this is the most detailed and user-friendly operating system.
In 2003 this was.
Only 1 point for win 10 win xp go large for all parameters.
Downloading drivers from the network.
Win xp is history.

A

vftor
vftor wrote:
1. For the old spec. programs under DOS and old games (2000-2002) is a computer under the graphics card with AJP Win.XP.
2. For music, videos and games (from 2003 up to 2005) - 2-core computer with Win.XP + separate system with Win.7 x86.
Why?!! If win 10 is all starts?)

v
vftor 24.09.19

Alexander Kozlov E.
Alexander Kozlov E. wrote:
Why?!! If win 10 is all starts?)
Bullshit. Win.10 runs modern games and some of the old. There are games 2003, which, although run on Win.7 x64, but it works worse than on Win.XP. That's why I separated these games on another PC with Win.XP. But most games are on Win.7 x64.
And Win.10 better to install on another more powerful computer with the BIOS setup under the GPT disk. But I do not Win.10 for many reasons (long time to paint), and games travel and never will be.