3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Okruta 24.09.19 12:58 pm

Will a normal replacement for Windows XP?

Last year, MIcrosoft officially ceased support for its OS is better - Windows XP. I accidentally wrote officially for the update to this OS is still available and is downloaded from the official website. But that's not the point.
Windows XP became a real revolution in OS, is firmly entrenched in the hearts and souls of millions of users. Unfortunately, instead of continue to develop it, almost perfect, operating system, uncle bill did a course at squeezing the bubble by issuing new Axes. And one after another began to be offered completely raw good-for-nothing products - they simply do not have time to bring to mind, as it was already time to release a new OS. There is no crime that would not go to the capitalist, for the sake of 300% profit is a dictum for almost two hundred years, and it perfectly explains the whole policy of Microsoft.
But still, how do you guys think? Could it be that uncle bill will finally Wake up the conscience, and his team will release not just a crude commercial product, but really usable operating system, which would be a normal replacement for Windows XP?
137 Comments
Sort by:
A
Aleksandr Kozlov Evgenevi 24.09.19

vftor
Yes? And the example is? But then I saw you said the same thing, even called you the man to win 10 of them launched and you merged.
Proof it will be?

v
vftor 24.09.19

Alexander Kozlov E.
I have not merged, but did not argue with him, because he started this game on the most powerful hardware company. I have this also showed when I ran this game on an SSD with Win.7 x64. Then I just kind of left to Win.XP. But other games he refused to check on Win.10. I also run on Win.7 x64, but they still work better on Win.XP.

A

vftor
Well, it is better to invest in a powerful iron than 3 different companies.

v
vftor 24.09.19

Alexander Kozlov E.
No. Modern latest games are not worth the money. My computers remained since 2003. Where to put them, it is better to use according to its purpose while working. Not everything new is better.

A

vftor
vftor wrote:
No. Modern latest games are not worth the money.
This is purely your opinion.
And all the others I think that are all the same.

v
vftor 24.09.19

Alexander Kozlov E.
Well, let think. To each his own. On this account the developers.

d
dilat 24.09.19

vftor
I bet you and repair the apartment purchase didn't do?

O
Okruta 24.09.19

Alexander Kozlov E. wrote:
Only 1 point for win 10 win xp go large for all parameters.
A couple of options for sure: the ping and damp.

Why?!! If win 10 is all starts?)
It is believed that the official add-on Return to Arhok game Dungeon Siege is solely for Windows XP. There is a desire to test it on Windows 10?

A

Akruti
Akruti wrote:
A couple of options for sure: the ping and damp.
Proof will be?
Or we only know how to talk?

A

Akruti
Akruti wrote:
It is believed that the official add-on Return to Arhok game Dungeon Siege is solely for Windows XP. There is a desire to test it on Windows 10?
Is.
I you stupid Vm ware and put under 10 run it on XP.
On your powerful hardware, if it even so is.

O
Okruta 24.09.19

Proof will be?
Or we only know how to talk?
And what proof is needed? Just to work on the new Axes of uncle bill. Seven in there, and then requests climbs that steps must be shown that the mode of drag-and-drop is disabled by default and much more. In the top ten of everything else increased such a long menu that zadolbali flipping, quick access to my computer has disappeared, and hence to panel computer Management.
As the Axes fell significantly due to the fact that no one managed to do not to mind to bring, and they immediately the next rivet.
Of course, I'm gradually trying to move a Seven, but it's sheer torture. Not to mention the fact that it constantly updates download.

I you stupid Vm ware and put under 10 run it on XP.
Well, ask pan, wait for the health report this add-on with the help of crutches on the new Axes of uncle bill.

S
SonyK_2 24.09.19

Akruti wrote:
Seven in there, and then requests climbs that actions need confirmation
Spoiler
...constantly update shakes.
Spoiler
If you are hunting to play games with DX11 - 7-ka a good replacement for the XP (he used the Windows starting with 2000 and ending with the 10th). At the time, was a great Axle, now it only use for old games with DX9 (and older) software that is not supported (or crookedly works) to a new Windows. By the way, on 7-ku it is possible to install a virtual XP - so he did, when it was necessary to work with an old device (driver on Whist and 7-ku to put did not want, including on the 32-bit version).

O
Okruta 24.09.19

SonyK_2
It is clear that if the option to delve into more or less normal as possible the system is set up, but, damn, this is all in XP the default is facilitating the lives of ordinary user.

S
SonyK_2 24.09.19

Akruti
I remember in the settings XP digging, there is rather a matter of habit, and if you do not hunt it yourself poking you can download some Assembly from Vasana, where it will be disabled and installed the necessary software. But if the computer is old and not planned to play, why go with XP? - another thing is that to play sometimes still want...
Spoiler
...and the hardware / OS do not allow. And then either sit on the old bucket and hold still, or to think about upgrading to play relatively new games (assuming that the resolution of the monitor is small and not at maximum settings) a very expensive computer and not needed. And if you have a normal case and PSU, I just don't have: motherboard, CPU, RAM, and VC - else to take from your old computer (if it is not dead state).

l
longerr2007 24.09.19

Into the Abyss
This is purely your opinion.If you ever used them piggy today just shamefully silent about the 10.Thank God that there are seven,which removes everything.

Z
Zox-Zox 24.09.19

longerr2007
KHR - piece hard G. I was sitting on it for 7 years. Wooden buggy axle. Vista and better, although far removed. For homeless assemblies, and ancient computers can XP be put. For modern gaming systems top ten should be put where xp and some do not lie

Z
Zox-Zox 24.09.19

This is purely your opinion
This view is adequate to the modern gamers.
longerr2007 wrote:
Thank God that there are seven,which removes everything.
I compared it with the ten, where fps on seven much less with the availability of modern charts and percent.
Take the same rtx rays dx12 that didn't work at all or work much worse if there is seven.
Even take a game like Horizon or Gears of war, which is not something that ONLY need a dozen, so even the most updated. And all future AAA projects will be under the top ten building and seven, this is the last century. Do not be surprised that there are still those who sit on XP)))

O
Okruta 01.07.22

SonyK_2 wrote:
And if you have a more or less normal case and power supply, you won't have to change everything: motherboard, CPU, RAM and VC - take the rest from the old computer (if it is not in a "half-alive" state).
So, it’s too early for me to worry about this, my mother supports up to 16 GB of RAM. As the final switch to the Seven, I'll put them right away. Another thing is that among the games that do not support XP, there are hardly a dozen standing ones. I'm more worried that half of the sites (including this one) no longer work with Khryunya, or rather with the versions of browsers that it supports.

S
SonyK_2 01.07.22

Okruta wrote:
... my mother supports up to 16 GB of RAM. As the final switch to the Seven, I will immediately install them ...
I myself had a similar experience: using the previous motherboard, I bought 16 GB of RAM (maximum for it), and I still use that RAM - I moved it from the old one to the current one and am satisfied like a boa constrictor, with I didn't have to buy an upgrade.
... among the games that do not support XP, there are hardly a dozen worthwhile ones ...
As they say: "The taste and color ...". At one time, I gradually switched from XP to newer OS due to games on DX10 / 11, which I do not regret.

l
longerr2007 01.07.22

Okruta
Yes, XP, for its time, was an indisputable authority. There is nothing to argue about. But, progress does not stand still (banal, but true). Modern programs require powerful resources and new technologies, which XP, alas, cannot be provided It can’t. Switching to the seven should not cause you any problems - this is the same XP, only of a different architecture)). For work, this is ideal. Well, in games, too, please.
About the 10-ku ... personally, it seems to me that this axis was invented solely to promote the failed DX12 project (recall DX10).