3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Okruta 24.09.19 12:58 pm

Will a normal replacement for Windows XP?

Last year, MIcrosoft officially ceased support for its OS is better - Windows XP. I accidentally wrote officially for the update to this OS is still available and is downloaded from the official website. But that's not the point.
Windows XP became a real revolution in OS, is firmly entrenched in the hearts and souls of millions of users. Unfortunately, instead of continue to develop it, almost perfect, operating system, uncle bill did a course at squeezing the bubble by issuing new Axes. And one after another began to be offered completely raw good-for-nothing products - they simply do not have time to bring to mind, as it was already time to release a new OS. There is no crime that would not go to the capitalist, for the sake of 300% profit is a dictum for almost two hundred years, and it perfectly explains the whole policy of Microsoft.
But still, how do you guys think? Could it be that uncle bill will finally Wake up the conscience, and his team will release not just a crude commercial product, but really usable operating system, which would be a normal replacement for Windows XP?
137 Comments
Sort by:
D
Diablique 24.09.19

Akruti
Yes, you're so conservative! 7 did not change the Wallpaper and did not work the plough, and play. ha ha ) I Have 7 stands at home 4 years, 4 years, nothing like this! On the laptop even put it the config of 2004, and it of seven )))))) wanted to have fun, and remained )) for the Internet will go ))) so I do not agree that XP is the baddest bitch really is still the same, every 3 mesjaca reinstall it))) karoch like a bad dream)), but at the time were Nitsche so ))

O
Okruta 24.09.19

a pirate is not stolen?
So, nobody didn't steal it.
And what do you mean by imposition: in the description of any computer indicate that it is OS
The imposition of that user in the store to sell a computer with an already installed semerau, leaving no choice.
Everywhere and constantly for any careless driving
Well I do not know, did not see anything.
Less need of ownesboro to swing from 5th graders who spank their megalomania on the principle do not understand, so do not need
Actually I was talking about the imposed store szemere, where I had the honor to see with my own eyes repeatedly.
You mentioned two cases in his rucogoza, to Windsurfing has nothing to do with.
This is where? I don't remember that.
more features and functions requires more memory
And the fact that none of the programs can not work with more than 4 gig of RAM you do not know. Because all programs written for 32 and then for 64 ported is the fact.
If the CMOS to put the wheels by KAMAZ and it will not go, you're probably going to shout that KAMAZ - crude non-working car?
And here Oka KAMAZ? If the CMOS to put the wheels by KAMAZ and it will not go, you're probably going to shout that KAMAZ - crude non-working car?
Well, what is the comparison?
Yes, progress is requirements grow. If You have a budget or an old computer, the new OS and You put it makes no sense.
That's about the same, meaning, I explained to the hostess. But that's why she didn't explain it at the store where she this take the laptop.
therefore, I do not agree that XP is the baddest bitch really is still the same, every 3 mesjaca reinstalling it
I last time worked for a year without any failures. Killed by accident, but that's another story. Recovered from an image, and more will work without any problems.

E
Eroppo 24.09.19

Akruti
The imposition of that user in the store to sell a computer with an already installed semerau, leaving no choice.
There is a choice at least whether to buy a complete box with stuff inside or to collect myself a normal PC and install what you need. When talking about laptops, there are there are a shitload of models with different versions of Windows and without it what you want, and choose
And the fact that none of the programs can not work with more than 4 gig of RAM you do not know. Because all programs written for 32 and then for 64 ported is the fact.
Would you ever learned from someone else, what is the program at all. Porting - the easiest option when I change only a small piece of code for the possibility of addressing large amounts of memory. Although you're still in the early 2000s, live, then still not really had heaps of prog that format x32 and never existed
Actually I was talking about the imposed store szemere, where I had the honor to see with my own eyes repeatedly.
Directly the store is a company that is nothing inherently not working, because the seven? Or is the user is already at home put genopro and Panajachel virusni, that all the work stopped? So such problems and your precious XP the same way you can arrange and much easier. It turns out, is on your megalogika that Sirasa raw axes - your divine XP ?
Well, what is the comparison?
To ensure that the developers clearly not Windows fault that people do a lot just from the bulldozer, including any kind of OS to put

M
MunchkiN 616 24.09.19

pawson, pawson. try to put the Orthodox CP CP3 at the camp more than 8гигами. you get a blue screen of pain.
and in fact the win 7 replacement of CP with new features for the new hardware
however, I've had Sicartsa zvukovaja any more crap and programs that don't work in an environment V7. but perhaps the problem is not the wind but the greedy manufacturers who don't support their hardware with new drivers.
also, in principle, for Igor. it turns out that for pateriki old programs, you just need popobol adjustment of amuletov and virtual machines.
and so a good CP is simply incompatible with the new oborudivanie as 98 was not compatible with normal computers 2005-6 years.
so time forward, I
and for collection you can buy elite items for 40-90 oblique at auctions. all sorts of the coolest graphics card type voodoo 3D and play with recommended startopia games.

T
The_Bulldozer 24.09.19

Akruti

The imposition is the PS3 with ustanovlennye in her system, without the possibility of changing such at all.
On the Pitch the same at any point in the system can change. It does not have to be a lot genius.

Well I do not know, did not see anything.

XP was terrible in terms of the latest technology and equipment.

And Cho ?

That's about the same, meaning, I explained to the hostess. But that's why she didn't explain it at the store where she this take the laptop.

Because divorce suckers is a colour. Always color.

I last time worked for a year without any failures.

Meyan seven runs over five. That is, stability is not the same ?

O
Olzhessi 24.09.19

MB from dozens something worthwhile will come and it will be a worthy replacement for XP

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 24.09.19

Diablique
XP coolest stuff is actually still the same, every 3 mesjaca reinstalling it
And how is it You mocked. I have withstood all the way up to in 140 files from Trojans. Almost 2.5 years of active use under practically active viral infection - and no need to reinstall Windows.

G
GTAman 24.09.19

As if some kind of problem to use two OS, if XP is so needed for old games or specific software.

V

MunchkiN 616
pawson, pawson. try to put the Orthodox CP CP3 at the camp more than 8гигами. you get a blue screen of pain.
That is more than 8 GB will be enough or exactly 8?
PS. Probably the same for such a volume is needed Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

H
Horoshiy 24.09.19

I feel of seven more piggy like. In General, for the average user 7 (as well as his time and XP) thing, no complaints.

4ervonets 24.09.19

time xp as OC passed but she received SEVEN!!! it's time to accept this fact.

M
MunchkiN 616 24.09.19

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
64бита SP2 by the way worked with 16ю gigs. but I discovered I can't drive more than 1000 gigs. ie the disk can be created but it will be kind of busy. then there is the modern BIOS where you can create a partition in more than 3TB I haven't checked but there probably will be a blast.
but 32-bit HP I put but instead of prevet there blue screen.
and with 6-8 gigs or more of old iron in HP for example put madirovalo on the night. through hours 9-13 discover a blue screen or the computer fully stuck
and how gorgeous to хп32 GPU memory bites from RAM. I had 3 GPU and 1 with something gig of RAM. I understand if I had 4 GPU of chinatow there would be left a hundred megabytes of RAM...
voschem because Minh was 6 gigs and I nuzhon was kruzis high I went to Vista potsony. Vista has seemed to me for a year and more stable but with games there was a lot of pain, really. for some time I was a HP Vista-7 but then I threw away the Vista and HP gradually left.
I to 2005 year was sitting on 98. and when I came back the virus, I, I realized that HP is shit. account every hat inhibitory and not starting games.

all windose HP is above such nonsense. they scan the disk for new files and whenever overloading it. if you have in one folder more than 10000 screenshots weighing under 300 gagawin the list building is about 5 minutes. from HP oddly enough almost instantly.

L
Lavrovyy Glist 24.09.19

Not satisfied with Windows 7 -go to Ubuntu )

V

MunchkiN 616
but I discovered I can't drive more than 1000 gigs.
I know this version:
In particular, when developing a format partition hard drives in MS DOS, their capacity is measured in tens of megabytes, so inherent in MBR 4 bytes for the total number of sectors seemed to be a great stock for the long future. And so it was... while the capacity of hard drives did not exceed 2 TIB
This is a problem with upload. With an external disk (logical 1) to 2 billion KB of problems with access no. Specifically, this is 2^32-1 sectors of 512 bytes. If You find an opportunity on the model of the external screw to know what the sector could do 1 KB or more - I can tell. Next we need a newer OS and support for GPT.

on хп32 GPU memory bites from RAM. I had 3 GPU and 1 with something gig of RAM.
3 some at 1GB, I understand. Indeed there is, addressing the General, some number of addresses (tens or hundreds of MB are not aware of) is reserved for various devices.

if you have in one folder more than 10000 screenshots weighing under 300 gagawin the list building is 5 minutes
The display mode of a thumbnail or any? But still 10K files in one folder is an exception to the rule, it rarely is. An example of a real game - 500 files Crisis 2 are divided into subfolders, and those - in folder 22 levels.
Although you see in the game from Lucas in the folder Audio\ in a subfolder 2851 file (mainly ogg). In the other 90 folders still 11K files of this type.

B
Boland 24.09.19

Em. Isn't it easier for older games to build a computer under a piggy, since I don't want to mess with virtualboxvm? Stand it in pennies.

PS. Expect topics Will there be a normal replacement for Microsoft DOC?, and then the old game on the piggy did not go.

V

Voland
Em. Isn't it easier for older games to build a computer under a piggy, since I don't want to mess with virtualboxvm? Stand it in pennies.
What is a penny - don't know. Games really only played old, the other (at least by copying previously installed on XP on another computer) go without problems. Maybe in some Assembly required Warcraft 3 compatibility mode.
On XP I could on the old configs to go different games. Video card 4850 with the monitor is 1280x1024, and 3-nuclear Atlon certainly not pulled all the games in 60 fps, but the iron for simple games is enough. The crisis in XP bet tried.

E
Eroppo 24.09.19

Voland
Expect topics Will there be a normal replacement for Microsoft DOC?, and then the old game on the piggy did not go.
Logically, at the time remember all too many, including myself, put 2 Windows in parallel - easy and fast 98 under games, slow and heavy XP for other tasks. The logic of the author of this topic it turns out that XP is the raw system and it is necessary for 98 to sit, and he is the seduced and the XP is still set yourself))
Offtopic - remember))I this XP most for work came in handy: he worked at the University operator. Put in the class on all the computers is win98, I set up the ntfs permissions and have forgotten what every half-hour run, and restore the system files/folders that students blunt cut or virusna pokotsali)))

O
Okruta 24.09.19

There is a choice at least whether to buy a complete box with stuff inside or to collect myself a normal PC and install what you need.
The simple user, no such choice, as a simple user, that is to say, the OS put not.
Would you ever learned from someone else, what is the program at all.
And no human that I have to work more than a year of experience under rant programmer? Something about the programs probably all know.
Porting - the easiest option when I change only a small piece of code for the possibility of addressing large amounts of memory.
Change out of bad hands. Do you really think I from the ceiling approval took? Smart people said, and on 32 and 64 I had to work, and to evaluate and read a lot on the issue.
Directly the store is a company that is nothing inherently not working, because the seven? Or is the user is already at home put genopro and Panajachel virusni, that all the work stopped?
And said that there is nothing worked? The laptop worked, but with terrible brakes, the cause of which was that of seven (x64) on two gigs of RAM - some heavy choices. The poor owner of this machine did not even understand me when I said that the memory in it a little, started saying that she is enough place on the screw. Here on these people and called uncle bill and his accomplices.
The imposition is the PS3 with ustanovlennye in her system, without the possibility of changing such at all.
Many people have a desire to change the set litsuhu on the pirates? There are such people, he turned to me, but there is not enough.
And Cho ?
And the fact that the program does not matter that you have the seven sees 8 or 16 gig of RAM, the program still only four will operate.
MB from dozens something worthwhile will come and it will be a worthy replacement for XP
I hope so.
As if some kind of problem to use two OS, if XP is so needed for old games or specific software.
HDD now roads.
time xp as OC passed but she received SEVEN!!! it's time to accept this fact.
If anything, it is first replaced with Vista. Only the topic of a worthy replacement, and not these raw forgings.
Not satisfied with Windows 7 -go to Ubuntu )
Ubuntu is an alternative, which is the topic of our discussion is not relevant. And anyway, she's being too paranoid. On my netbook is, frazzled and then to enter a password, but kind of like turned it off, and she still requires.
that XP - a crude system and it is necessary for 98 to sit
Where did you get? XP - well-designed OS. Of course, there is still much to improve, because there is no limit to perfection, but compared to subsequent raw forgings, she's just ideal.

M
MunchkiN 616 24.09.19

Akruti
I don't quite understand what you want to prove.
each generation of computers their axis. here for example I can say that KHP unnecessarily eats a lot of resources in comparison for example with 2000шным 98 95 etc.
but yet, Yes, HP has an interesting feature in the form of support for 32 CPU cores, terabytes diskocu and multidriver cards and Multidisplay. that is, CP is in many respects still similar to a modern OS and ate and he had resources far into the future. take some sort of lump with 64 MB of RAM 32 mg of the GPU and the life on the HP will turn into hell.
regarding bugs and stability Vista-7 is much more stable than HP and HP in turn more stable 98. I can say maybe not reboot and leave the computer for half a year. Oh Yes, 7 is less stable than Vista 32 and Vista can see over 4GB of RAM. and that 7 that Vista on 2 gigs can work normally and on 512MB TC I haven't seen the EXE say 200-300MB
thus it is possible in the theme to fix the following conclusion. - when a new revolutionary wind with much higher build of the kernel. with support for 256 parallel threads CPU, 128 TB partitions for boot disks etc...

O
Okruta 24.09.19

I don't quite understand what you want to prove.
To prove?! I only propose to discuss the prospects.