3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KaiN 18.03.20 06:40 pm

Impressions from the full game (Velvet Assassin)

well, as the game people? please share your impressions later I will unsubscribe
103 Comments
Sort by:
d
devilboy22 18.03.20

g?%about the game I didn't like better in Splinter Cell or Hitman to play

D
DarkAgent 18.03.20

Review from Igromania Lite N1(1) April 2009
Classic stealth-action games gradually die out. Even The Clancy's Splinter Cell, the support of the genre, is lost sight of, and what they are doing in the laboratories of the Ubisoft Montreal — really, no one knows. In the console Metal Gear Solid 4 stealth have the same name, but action galore. Spy stuff in these games gradually fade into the background become the background for a more spectacular and dynamic elements. In this heavy atmosphere of a small German company Replay Studios, on whose account while only Crashday car carnage, released game, vividly reminiscent of the Thief.

SUMMER. VIOLET SUMMER
Velvet Assassin offers a look at the Second world at an unexpected angle. Violet summer, whose prototype has served as a real British spy Violette Frill, not involved in another landing in Normandy, and conducts subversive activities in the enemy rear. She works alone, in constantly kept in the shade and all types of weapons, prefers a sharp knife and your own ingenuity. Blow up the fuel depot, steal classified documents, eliminate high-ranking German officer to get into the concentration camp — that's the work part of it.
However, all the heroism in her past. In the beginning, we find her immersed in a deep coma, and all subsequent twelve missions — in fact the memories of past adventures. This plot device the writers needed to justify one interesting feature of the game. Finding themselves in a difficult situation, you can enter the heroine dose of morphine. The injection will make caring for her doctors. After that, the screen is painted in red color, a spy suddenly appears before us in a night shirt, and the Germans were losing the will to live and cease to resist. Morphine comes not very often, so it should be used cautiously.
In between the narcotic escapades of Velvet Assassin is played like a typical stealth-action first half of the 2000s. This implies the presence of multiple conventions. So, hiding in the shadows, the character becomes completely invisible to all other characters. Even if around a clear Sunny day. Now it already looks archaic, but such conventions clearly delineate the rules of the game.
Another distinctive feature Velvet Assassin — extreme cruelty. In the Arsenal of Violetta a couple dozen finishing techniques, including dissection of the carotid artery and hamstring on his feet, followed by heart strike the falling opponent. Closer to the middle of the game to successfully move forward is getting just a little to sneak up on an enemy from behind and slit his throat. The soldiers begin to patrol the area groups, so you have to cheat in every possible way to sneak past them. For example, it is possible to quietly whistle or turn on the radio, causing the nearest soldier to go check on who's making that noise. And then, suddenly, the soldier will end up in a puddle of gasoline, which is violet, of course, immediately set on fire. You can just sneak forward until soldier post, but for silent killing at the end of the mission increase the rating.
Another Violetten the trick is to sneak up behind the sentry, pull out the pin from the grenade at his belt and crawl into the shelter. Aerobatics — to have the rest of the patrol whistle and get blown up with an unhappy owner of grenades.
The game has a primitive system of character development. Earning points is a very strange way: look in the nooks levels trophies and perform the optional tasks. For silent killing experience reason do not give. Earning a thousand points, you can invest in one of the three characteristics of the heroine: the power (increases health), spy training (allows faster crawling) and morphine (increasing the validity of the drug). However, none of it especially and is not necessary. Health is always going to miss crawling in Velvet Assassin you need not quickly and carefully; and on one morphine of the game will not pass.

SHE KILLED A GERMAN SOLDIER
The main value Velvet Assassin — its beauty and atmosphere. A year ago, the developers admitted in an interview with "Gambling", which was inspired by the films of Andrei Tarkovsky. It is really so. This is especially noticeable in working with color. The picture is almost monochrome, on the contrary, excessively rich. The mission, which takes place at sunset, look just amazing. While, technically speaking, Velvet Assassin and not impressive, but subtle sense of style and skillful use of light on the game a pleasure to watch. Wonderful and the soundtrack: sticky, oppressive. From the sounds of this music literally chills running through my body.
The aim of the developers was to show the opposite side of the war. Opponents Violetta — are ordinary people, who will of fate was on the other side of the fence. They weary sigh, something humming, sometimes talking to each other. They have not experienced disgust or hatred. Here is just one example. German soldiers Smoking on the pier and watching from afar the Eiffel tower. His mood is obviously very good. And just at this moment when the war seems so distant and unreal — Violetta one hand deprives the unfortunate warrior's life.
Unfortunately, the game lacks some integrity. There is an acute shortage of unusual situations, unexpected decisions, and just spectacular moments.
Constantly crawling in the shadows and cut the throat of the Nazis bored pretty quickly. And the Stela of the conventions that initially give Velvet Assassin a special charm after a while begin to tire. When the guard noticed her, quietly continued to patrol lost sight of it, built by the developers of the atmosphere is collapsing like a house of cards. A nightmarish system of check-points makes the game extremely challenging, forcing you after each death to re-take almost half of the level.

Not to say that Velvet Assassin is a very bad game. But to imagine a person willing to accept it for what it is, is difficult. Even fans of spy games Velvet Assassin does not necessarily have to like — is too little new in the gameplay. And at the same time, it leaves a very pleasant aftertaste. The reason — in an unusual picture or a non-trivial flow of the story — to not judge. But to put Velvet Assassin quite a low rating, we just don't raise a hand. Try to see if you like it.

Final score of 7.0

b
bong117 18.03.20

The game is good, graphics are nice. Otmasfera that time shows realistic, stealth mode is good but nothing new in it. I hope that the game in later levels, did some more chips and the story is not sloppy, otherwise a couple of levels to play would be boring and uninteresting! The only thing not happy is that you cannot attack enemies in front and of course the AI is dumb, the enemies go from one wall to another for scripts, and if you yasumichi or next pass at once stupid coming at you and all!! you can play . Assessment is not put more did not finish!!!

L
Lerok 18.03.20

I play ponravilas 50 50 so so

L
Lerok 18.03.20

count I don't like?-but now, 20009 year

L
Lerok 18.03.20

played with and forgotten

H
HollowHeart 18.03.20

come toy. go once possible, if you have extra time. count was normal. I liked the gameplay, the atmosphere too.
about the stupidity of the enemies, above wrote. it is a fact.

G
Gameslove 18.03.20

Liked the game for the first mission: atmosphere, graphics and especially the sound 10/10, gameplay is good....., and optimization great

C
Che Gevara 18.03.20

Another distinctive feature Velvet Assassin — extreme cruelty. In the Arsenal of Violetta a couple dozen finishing techniques, including dissection of the carotid artery and hamstring on his feet, followed by heart strike the falling opponent. So it is Germans! Che pity them! ))) I'm two missions was held yesterday. And I just thought enough ways to kill. But it was all normal. Well, the Germans did - they know a lot about the atrocities!))
Graphics: very pleasant impression left. Especially the autumn palette. Value proposition the identity on the level. Only the second card game does not load. Well, at right - below 35 is not falling, okay.
Gameplay - not a particularly easy thought, but it's a good thing. The main thing - the game is enjoyable. Tickles nerves, and think a bit, sometimes makes.
The interface is also simple and enjoyable.
Localization - translation, fonts - oll Wright! Only the voice of the heroine a little bit vulgar. In my opinion, this same girl in the Tension one of the sisters voiced.
About the stupidity of the enemies - because they are scripted. Their actions are easy to calculate. But I will not say that it greatly simplifies the game. The game teaches you to conserve ammo and syringes with morphine. Yes, MORPHINE is a miracle! Great find!

N
Nucle 377 18.03.20

So Myself!In Anticipation Of A New Adventure Canopy Fischer To Play!

C
Che Gevara 18.03.20

Yes, as you can with the hitmen to compare? It's a completely different game! The General at them only that both the stealth. Personally, I have never hitmen not particularly enthusiastic. And Corduroy liked much more.
As for the genomania of their editors only blocks to play, hard to see, sorry for the Germans... Oh, my God, Oh God, #Udaka!

u
ubikus 18.03.20

Che Guevarra
...Yes, as you can with the hitmen to compare?

Here here, already tired of Metalgear, Hitman, Splintercell... where are these games?
It is clear that the fan Metalware only the continuation of the Metal and Nada, from the beginning of b the game played, and then spoke.
Now have a job in the ghetto passed out in the torture chambers of the Gestapo, torture chambers, etc., creepy but very interesting. And the style is very like, realistic, without any flying, jumping to a hundred kilometers, thirty multiple somersaults with simultaneous shooting... it's much vivid and believable.

C
Che Gevara 18.03.20

Realistic game... unlike the others above...

C
Che Gevara 18.03.20

I would even say. more than just a game

S
SLAVN 18.03.20

I do not understand why compare games, each game its good or bad.

M
Magnum00 18.03.20

Just rate games without comparing them with anything is very difficult. And considering the fact that the genre is stealth, all sorts of SP and a Hitman climbs themselves.

C
Cheburashka 18.03.20

Another srednyachek of prohodnaja a couple of evening enough ))

K
Ktulhu god 18.03.20

Mediocre project, but the developers tried their best, there will not argue. My rating 7.9/10.0

S
SLAVN 18.03.20

Especially that stealth hasn't been pleased.

_
_Carbon_ 18.03.20

Sorry that is not Potema but tell me what to do if crashes error Out of Range ie image and no sound=(