3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pecos_Bill_2.0 04.10.19 06:54 pm

What would you do if you were in a world all alone?

Let's imagine that you woke up and found that everyone in the world was gone, disappeared. What would the first thing you do in this situation?

I would probably first pozabirali would have stores all of the things that I wanted, because still no one was watching) And then would get bored...
85 Comments
Sort by:
h
hello 24.05.22

requiemmm wrote:
... the major countries are armed with the so-called dead hand, a system that automatically launches missiles.
But will the "dead hand" system work if the president of a "large country" dies before the need for this system arises?

A
A.Soldier of Light 24.05.22

hello wrote:
will the "dead hand" system work if the president of a "large country" dies before the need for this system arises?
Weird question. It makes no sense to ask if it was said: "The so-called dead hand, a system that automatically launches rockets." Where the condition does not indicate the president, but it is quite logical that the presence or absence of the president, the secretary of defense or anyone else does not matter. Once the system is automatic.
Most likely, the essence is as follows: every certain period of time in the system, something needs to be pressed, relatively speaking, so that this same "dead hand" does not turn on. That is, if suddenly everyone was killed, let's say the system will work precisely because there is no one to restart the countdown counter. Something like this. Well, like in the series

M
MunchkiN 616 24.05.22

... large countries are armed with the so-called dead hand, a system that automatically launches missiles.
if it exists then it is most likely not automatic. perhaps this is some kind of protocol for the crew of submarines and silo-based systems in case they were left without communication.
I think it will be quite strange if there is some kind of doomsday timer that needs to be constantly extended or something automatic for vibration or radioactive contamination. it would be an inconvenient absurdity if the system worked from a plane crash or an accident at some kind of nuclear reactor.
regarding bombs and space-based missiles - most likely they also somehow do not exist. the coolest thing is some kind of rockets that can go into orbit for a few turns and then turn back and mumble. then plutonium has a half-life, so in 30 years the missiles existing in the United States, Europe and Russia will simply go bad, most likely, provided that they did not make new ones. and the rest of the alleged missiles are india, pakistan and china ... so-so.

rather, you need to be wary of a mouse-rat apocalypse when tons of hungry angry rodents will run like a living carpet like the sea and eat all the supplies and anyone who gets in their way. and not atomic firecrackers and crackers of all sorts and other military rattles.

z
z8TiREX8z 20.01.23

Pecos_Bill
It would be dumb. It's not that I really love people, but it's such a pleasure to realize that you are the only one.

C
Courier_Number_8 20.01.23

I would avoid something from which humanity does not exist XD