3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vidgin 29.04.20 07:52 pm

XCOM vs. XCOM 2 (XCOM 2)

I think the emergence of this theme is a matter of time. Than ХСОМ2 worse/better ХСОМ1 and why?

We can compare how infinitely ХСОМ2 with UFO, but the most important is the work of the developers over their child and their mistakes. I will try to take from the discussion of the main arguments on both sides of the fence (those who believe the first part better and those who believe the second part is better) and put these arguments in the first post, in order to compare.

Try not to leave the topic aside UFO1-2 and the Long War, for Firaxis the creation of these games/modifications are not engaged.

ХСОМ2 better than the first part:
+ Significant diversity in the abilities of the enemies, which adds more variety in tactics. (BarackKamacho)
+ Better customization of the squad, hence become more and more attached to the soldiers (BarackKamacho)
+ More widgets for combat (BarackKamacho)
+ Move timer: removed a strategy of turtles (ZaKTomSK)
+ Significantly modified the balance of strategic and tactical (shu_n)
+ Received the development of stealth, now some mission can be completed without killing anyone, and melee (shu_n)
+ Added the widespread destruction, vkrapleny in gameplay (shu_n)
+ The game became more difficult and it is good (Mercurionio)
+ Improved graphics in all directions (Mercurionio)
+ Added more effects on the game world and gameplay: monthly events, one of which can be prevented (ZaKTomSK)

ХСОМ2 worse than the first part:
- Technical part: Poor optimization (vidgin)
- Move timer: removed the choice of strategy turtle/tiger, too many missions with a timer (planet Earth)
- There is no low level of complexity (MedvediVodki)
- Significantly reduced the number and variety of studies (Hirok)
- No Russian voice (I0PuK)
- Emotion: the story worse, music is worse, disgusting interface, unnecessary animations, pop-UPS, no fundamental differences, removed the air battle, the ending sucks (MedvediVodki, The_apathy, AlexeyMC, shu_n)
124 Comments
Sort by:
B
BarackKamacho 29.04.20

Yes, che is there to argue the second part for me in better times,it is more interesting enemies,more diverse missions,it has more bells and whistles for combat,she's much more tactful,much more difficult,not so obvious in terms of economic development,better customization,more and more attracted to the men, and there are fewer conventions,but even those mistakes much less likely,honestly,that's put on the body of the first ixcom and even there is direct strongly felt the lack of content
P. S well pure improvement but the topic of guerrilla warfare I like more than what that secret base under the ground

v
vidgin 29.04.20

BarackKamacho
added your arguments :)

M
MedvediVodki 29.04.20

In enemy unknown I liked everything until I saw the dumbest ending, which spoiled all impression.
2nd dumbest ending is also available, but added another and the lack of balance at all, no fundamental differences, disgusting interface, lots of animation and unnecessary pop-UPS. Well, just prettier graphics.
XCOM2 disappointment of the year IMHO.

v
vidgin 29.04.20

BarackKamacho
no, yesterday I reinstalled it again. Checked the RAM in memorytest (RAM OK), played in фоллаут4 at maximum settings, and I found it was. But the game still does not start with one scheme hangs.

v
vidgin 29.04.20

MedvediVodki
2nd dumbest ending is also available, but added another and the lack of balance at all, no fundamental differences, disgusting interface, lots of animation and unnecessary pop-UPS. Well, just prettier graphics.

What's the lack of balance? What we need is the main differences? What's wrong with the interface?

T
The_apathy 29.04.20

The music, while sending soldiers on a mission in the second worse)

Z
ZaKTomSK 29.04.20

Add plus is the restriction of moves (I feel schA stones cast aside). To me this finding seemed to be the best. Now do not get to sit in ambush, you need to act! Yes, in XCOM 2012 has not been canceled such tactics, but it's always been the strategy of the turtle (make a move, put the observation). Here lovers of this and was dissatisfied.
Another thing I liked, I'll try to explain. We used to have was a pretty obvious choice. Ie we chose between what to protect, nothing more.
In the second part there was a small variety and choice is (in my opinion) more complicated. For example, the aliens attack three different points. And there will be three consequences of the attack (for example the green men will become more heavy, project Avatar will step on the three cells ahead and behind us fly a UFO). To prevent only one. In my opinion it is more interesting than the choice of the country more profitable for us to protect

v
vidgin 29.04.20

ZaKTomSK
The_apathy
added :)

i
ironHAMMER.ms 29.04.20

Again srach trying to breed bash

The case: I thought both games is the same eggs, only with different points of view. Both parts have pros and cons, buyout IMHO each other almost completely niveliruya. It is too early for this topic, because while the second part has a huge advantage - it does not become boring.

S
Silent Scout 29.04.20

I think the timer can be in the cons to record.

v
vidgin 29.04.20

Earth
I write down the pros and cons are only based on specific user messages with their arguments) Can certainly record timer item Under the emotions, but I want to wait for the reasoned message and it has to push from the face of the user)

M
MedvediVodki 29.04.20

vidgin
-The lack of balance. Operatives don't get, the aliens don't miss(shoot through the entire map of Crete and ignoring the shelter, armor). IMovie skills of the newcomers(like shield all enemies for example 6, a total of six panels in one skill. Or a missile attack on the floor of the map, or to break the weapon the team who didn't run away got damage. I just wanted the aliens to drive, and not whatever the game is, I was raped. And is the average complexity , which is the highest going on I can't even imagine. Unlike the previous in the game has no concept of probability or chance of hitting, then destiny as not all the load will be the same.
-Well differences really are not many. Even quantitatively, the content no more. Vses this is the deal with the guerrilla warfare differs only with red marks !!! in the early rounds. New plot? How Farcry 3 is different from 4: changed texture of light green to dark green, Vaasa on Pohangina and sold as a new game. Come to think of that something like Earth strikes back, Not all aliens are bad", fighting in space or underwater.
Interface. Flying base which is now slowly taking off, flying slowly, slowly sits down, just 5 Windows spam,slowly takes off, flying slowly, slowly sits up, 6 window spam, slowly takes off...These Windows then just stop reading. Every shot animation as a fighter is always the same and slowly raises his rifle, each skill, each step. The game is overloaded with animations which slow down the process, many not so good.

S
Silent Scout 29.04.20

vidgin
What's the emotions. The timer just makes Rashit in tactical strategy. Really annoying not the timer, and the number of jobs with him. Okay, if he was 30% of the missions though. But he's 80%. It's not cool.

v
vidgin 29.04.20

MedvediVodki
And is the average complexity , which is the highest going on I can't even imagine

Well, actually this is not a game of low difficulty level, and the average is first. Level veteran, which many confuse with the average - in fact, of above average difficulty, the game warns you in the beginning) But OK, I'll add item missing low level of difficulty

-Well differences really are not many.
new maps, new enemy models, new abilities and the advantages that are listed in the first post is just new. This item remains under the emotions.

fighting in space or underwater.

under emotions)) Well personally I have a fantasy even wider, I can think of many more which I could add)

Interface.

added under emotions too) don't swear just for me, but all your arguments: I like. Slow take off, slow sits etc.))

Earth
added an extended version about the timer from you

l
lewe0fun 29.04.20

Cons the first part kompensiruet long a thief, second all like in addition to optimization:
-a little natsionalnostei/languages, no Russian voice.
-a little information about the combatant/enemy/buffs/debuffs during combat.

v
vidgin 29.04.20

I0PuK
there is no Russian voice acting.

added

-a little natsionalnostei/languages

the first part was not more

-a little information about the combatant/enemy/buffs/debuffs during combat.

the first part was more?

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

Cons that you added:
-I agree. Optimization lousy, but in General, I there are 60 frames does not matter, the main thing that the schedule is delivered (mmm, what a beautiful jungle and taiga, Ah, a shooter would the schedule often be shoved OO)
-That's a plus. Removed the dumbest strategy turtles. The game became more dynamic and more fun, and most importantly, it pushes you to improvise (need to get VIP, but to the point of evacuation for too long to get around the wall? Pfft, plasma grenade and you're there!)
-Casual just kill. These devils it is better to eliminate or not allow them to play such games. By Cons can not be attributed, the game became more difficult and it is good!!! But until then not for any damages.
-Subjective point. Music, for me, was much better, the combat tunes so far (nearly 2 weeks and 130 hours of online time) playing in your head. Although some may not like. Better mark as disputed.
This is what needs to be fixed in the header. It's not a bad thing, as the max controversial issues, or the pros.

From myself I will add plus: the Graphics was just gorgeous (for tactical play).
I0PuK
The incentive of the mod was released, which activates the available voice. There are 15 votes (9 male and 6 female). But they have no wagering mood of the character, because, probably, and was not included initially.
There was also a mod that expands the current list of procs in the shot, even though the available information enough. If you do not know what the enemy is hanging, then just move the arrows (red or green underneath the CP) and you will see a window with baffle / debaffle. And so the enemies have to surprise))) I was in one the first time I fought with the avatar and Archon. And vazragdane of Andromedan hiccupped at all=)

l
lewe0fun 29.04.20

vidgin
-sounded more...
-how to view the abilities of the enemy? how to watch what exactly does VAF/debat...

v
vidgin 29.04.20

Mercurionio
The graphics was just gorgeous (for tactical play).

added)

-That's a plus. Removed the dumbest strategy turtles.

is a plus)

By Cons can not be attributed, the game became more difficult and it is good!!!

Added plus that the game has become more difficult. But the lack of low level of complexity does not depend on the fact that the game has become more difficult. It was possible to implement both. So minus left

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

vidgin
So how easy mode is needed? On Easy there vrazhiny blunt that bad. All studies will be reviewed in a week. A mission to lose this complexity can only retard / autistic / just a fool.