3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vidgin 29.04.20 07:52 pm

XCOM vs. XCOM 2 (XCOM 2)

I think the emergence of this theme is a matter of time. Than ХСОМ2 worse/better ХСОМ1 and why?

We can compare how infinitely ХСОМ2 with UFO, but the most important is the work of the developers over their child and their mistakes. I will try to take from the discussion of the main arguments on both sides of the fence (those who believe the first part better and those who believe the second part is better) and put these arguments in the first post, in order to compare.

Try not to leave the topic aside UFO1-2 and the Long War, for Firaxis the creation of these games/modifications are not engaged.

ХСОМ2 better than the first part:
+ Significant diversity in the abilities of the enemies, which adds more variety in tactics. (BarackKamacho)
+ Better customization of the squad, hence become more and more attached to the soldiers (BarackKamacho)
+ More widgets for combat (BarackKamacho)
+ Move timer: removed a strategy of turtles (ZaKTomSK)
+ Significantly modified the balance of strategic and tactical (shu_n)
+ Received the development of stealth, now some mission can be completed without killing anyone, and melee (shu_n)
+ Added the widespread destruction, vkrapleny in gameplay (shu_n)
+ The game became more difficult and it is good (Mercurionio)
+ Improved graphics in all directions (Mercurionio)
+ Added more effects on the game world and gameplay: monthly events, one of which can be prevented (ZaKTomSK)

ХСОМ2 worse than the first part:
- Technical part: Poor optimization (vidgin)
- Move timer: removed the choice of strategy turtle/tiger, too many missions with a timer (planet Earth)
- There is no low level of complexity (MedvediVodki)
- Significantly reduced the number and variety of studies (Hirok)
- No Russian voice (I0PuK)
- Emotion: the story worse, music is worse, disgusting interface, unnecessary animations, pop-UPS, no fundamental differences, removed the air battle, the ending sucks (MedvediVodki, The_apathy, AlexeyMC, shu_n)
124 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

vidgin
What's the point with those questions was that? Accelerated learning stuff. Now bought on the black market. XS, I did not miss them, and studies have enough. Especially on legend, where the Magnitogorsk 60 days is examined at one academic T_T
Hirok
Classes shoveled a little more than full. Do any build you want, ALL skills are useful. In the first part of bolshinstvo galleries was useless, alas.

s
shu_n 29.04.20

Pros ХСОМ2
graphics that of course
- the economy has improved. added intelligence, went to +
- the development of the enemy along with the player. To meet sectoid or flyer in the second half of the first part seemed like a mockery.
- it is not strange balance. I didn't have what I'm stuck resources so I can't even think of where to put them, as it was in the second half of the first part, and at the tactical level my fighters in the first part was thicker and stronger enemy near the end of the first part
- more varied missions (already)
- received the development of stealth and melee combat that the first part was only in the Bud.
- still smoke grenade is a subject, not a skill!
- genetically modified psionic - he's an experienced fighter from the first part - still IMBA, Removed and improved balance.
- added separate armor,as armor, not as points of life that to the tactical
- all can be destroyed (maybe I did not notice that, but in terms of devastation, things got a lot better)
- with the advancement of the plot and added some unreal amount of things sudden. Type defeat the enemy, the type of fight with the enemy and so on. The word - pimp the accuracy and endure all the same - so no longer works. Tactics must constantly change - which is a plus.
Mode ironmen became playable. Because in the first part was perhaps this series of events in which the game on insanity not to go is winning all fights in a row. Now not detect anything similar
- in General more complicated (already)

R
Rograx 29.04.20

Mercurionio
Whatever, just tuckered out:)

V
Vladimir Platonov 29.04.20

Who Russian voice needed ? Her gameplay doesn't change.
No problems to play with the original, the subs are now in 95% of games are provided.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 29.04.20

Vladimir Platonov
There are especially uporotyh comrades, from which: if there is no voice acting the game is shit.

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

Quasar66
Well, Yes, the hate that 95% of smear from all corners=\
Vladimir Platonov
I'm probably going to surprise you, but the Russian voice whine the most part it English-speaking comrades =))))
I mean the soldiers. Voice dialogue - casual / fools / patsreoty is always there. I absolutely do not care, they say there in Russian or English, so the soldiers could in all languages to speak.

V

Mercurionio
an English-speaking interesting to listen to us ?
The voice was Russian, not for me is an indicator of the coolness of the game - if it is - well, no - well, okay. Subs read.
The main thing that the text was translated, as play in an RPG of any kind and to guess from the description what makes a particular skill is not cool))
English to some extent, you know, but not thoroughly)

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

Vladimir Platonov
I'm talking about the soldiers said. You read the forums on steam. There's a separate issue there is, they say which language you need the game. Almost every second message about Pls, we need Russian and ***, where the asterisk is someone's language (mostly Portuguese and Polish).

V

Mercurionio
surprisingly, I did not know.
Well, NOT if the gash a voice - let them - will be happy))

R
RikoChiko 29.04.20

MedvediVodki
Steam controller support.
Asking me to buy neogama, which is still in retail is not to find. When there are time-tested from Xbox 360, PS3, PS4.

L
Lehander 29.04.20

What an inadequate word in brackets?

M
MedvediVodki 29.04.20

Recochica
I do not offer. Most likely the game will later appear on consoles, and then there will be controller support on PC.

_
__MET__ 29.04.20

just gonna leave this here...

M
Mercurionio 29.04.20

__MET__
All the rules, so it is necessary =))))

Already the mod is, by the way. Which apaet the accuracy of all the guns in the distance of one cell to 100% (of the bonus range +1000%)

s
serg5555555 29.04.20

XCOM2 is abridged version of XCOM1. All reduced. The plot is shortened and even more primitive. Monsters are also smaller. And they are less dangerous in the sense that they predict and create tactics much easier. Studies too. Too little. The game is too easy has become, that is, even the complexity of the cut. And this e-PA-NY Rand, it's just a quiet horror. Well the graphics got better. All.

s
serg5555555 29.04.20

ironHAMMER.ms
Voice need in RPG games, where there are dialogues between the satellites and a lot of text in the story. In shooters it nafig not needed. RPGs without voice acting will not take, shooter will.

v
vidgin 29.04.20

serg5555555
RPGs without voice acting will not take, shooter will.
recently won Fallout4 came out without a voice, he took the same)

D
Don_Bomboleon 29.04.20

Before comparing the second even raw,we will compare with this
Edition XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
The addition of "sons of ANARCHY" is dedicated to the rebel struggle and can dramatically change the appearance of your fighters. (Release date: spring 2016)
The addition of the "HUNTERS FOR STRANGERS" changes the appearance of your soldiers and the specifics of the gameplay, turning XCOM into an elite unit for the extermination of the aliens. You will confront the "Rulers", the new kind of enemies with more powerful weapons and armor. You will also have a new story mission. (Release date: summer 2016)
The addition of the "the LAST GIFT SHEN" adds a new soldier classes with unique weapons, armor and appearance, but also will offer new story mission and a map. (Release date: summer 2016)

Three official mod from the developers (the Studio Long War) with the Steam Workshop
Modification of the "weapon pack SMG" to play XCOM2
This mod adds to the game three new weapons of different types (ballistic, magnetic and plasma). This modification offers You a mobile, stealth and precision weapons.
Modification of the "Mouton centurion" to play XCOM2
This modification adds a new type of fighters into the army of aliens motonow-commanders, which are stronger than regular Mutanov and can enhance characteristics of some types of aliens.
Modification "the Commander of XCOM" to play XCOM2
This modification allows us to develop the soldiers of XCOM commander's skill. Commanders get access to 10 new abilities, of which each commander may study not more than five.
The commander's skill rasplachivaetsya after the improvement of the partisan school. This upgrade becomes available after at least one soldier receives the rank of Sergeant.
After the improvement of the guerrilla school in it, an additional position for training soldiers the skills of the commander.
To obtain the skill of the commander of the soldiers has to be a certain rank. So, for receiving the first command requires the rank of Sergeant.
Except in special situations, at the same time on the job can only be one commander.
For many abilities the actual so-called command radius, which increases with the growth of commander level as you gain new abilities.

v
vidgin 29.04.20

shu_n
- received the development of stealth and melee combat that the first part was only in the Bud.
added!

- all can be destroyed (maybe I did not notice that, but in terms of devastation, things got a lot better)
added too!

s
snayper2013 29.04.20

AZN_ZAD1RA
Look, maybe you will explain about fashion for the commander, I installed it as it should be, pumped from the first ability of its Colonel, and now all the skill of a commander does not wobble at all.
And by the way, I would be in the pros added that finally all classes of steel uscontrolled and really strong in their element, simple example-sniper. In the last part, it was purely a unit for the destruction of everything in the far distance, and in fact everything, in the second part of the sniper to make cool cowboy, I got one cutie for a job and made her a master of guns and wildly surprised by her abilities, the gun in her hand really drags)). As much pulled psionics, they are now a terrible threat on the battlefield, which is only the ability of zero damage or something like that, makes everything, and everyone.
P. S. have Already said, but what a damn cool destructible in the game, I love it, yesterday I was playing and landed on the map, I immediately noticed the enemy turret, I sent the Gremlin to disable it and the drone noticed on the tower near my position 4 soldier of the advent, they stood on the roof, and the height of the turret was somewhere 20 meters on the eyes. Well, I'm not thinking threw it on top of the grenade, it blew the cap and the floor, the soldiers received from the silkworm eggs to 4 damage and crashed to the same. It is for such moments I love the new XCOM