3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 27.09.20 08:43 pm

Mafia Optimization: Definitive Edition (Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven)

It's coming soon, in a few hours there will be a real masterpiece!!!! Let's share the game's optimization here. How it goes, what settings graphics, whether there are some problems with the game, what performance.
153 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 03.09.22

01001000 01101001
I made a mistake, not cached, but the maximum is available for caching. Here is a video showing a cold start of The Witcher 3 from a Chibis save:

I have a maximum of 11.4GB available, and cached first 10.3GB, then 8.8GB.
01001000 01101001 wrote:
When it gets clogged, it starts cleaning it, not to zero, but deleting the old
ones. I wrote about this above. Old data is cleaned out, and new ones are written instead. when restarting, I run in the same place, there are no such serifs as during the first one. The real test with the HDD is the same as the first one. The second one is already false. the whole village: "WHY DO I NEED YOUR SSD???"

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
the download speed is EQUAL to the data transfer speed during the game itself (the game is loaded as it moves). If you speak, then at least think about what you say.
the data transfer speed that a regular hdd has is quite enough for the amount of information that is needed during the gameplay when everything has already been compiled, cached into the RAM and loaded. I have a ssd from the old ones at 600 mb / s, I didn’t see any difference with the usual hdd except for the download speed, I play all games even from old hard drives without problems

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
When you restart your games, they load not from the HDD, but from the memory cache. rebooting the PC does not clear the cache of old data, it is cheated by another application, replacing it with its own data.
The cache, which sits in the amount of RAM, is cleaned like the rest of the RAM every time the system is rebooted or the computer is turned off. The paging file is turned off for me, it is not needed at all with 64GB of opera, even with 32GB it can be cut down
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
And in your test, the frame time graph is also uneven + microfreezes
there were no microfreezes at all, even serifs on the frame-time line did not affect the feeling of smoothness, in any case, in 4k I had 65-80 fps and it plays much smoother and more pleasant than your 45-50 with a flat frame line. My CPU is quite old and not the best RAM, so there may be drawdowns in the video card loading below 99%, hence the irregularities on the frametime line, but there are some friezes, when the image freezes at all, there is no other discomfort either, it is played comfortably, I even I'm not worried and while you're conjuring with the settings, I successfully complete the game on ultras and put it in the trash

01001000 01101001 wrote:
There are enough games in which he simply ignores. There are a lot of them here, I would pick why:
If I didn’t play comfortably, I wouldn’t play, believe me. I don’t have any special problems in games, with the exception of a couple and basically only if they are built on UE4, maybe it’s still a matter of wine 11, which officially my percent does not support, in any case, new prots will come out soon, and there already and it's time to change the platform, it's 8 years old after all

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I have 16GB of RAM and 12GB cache. You have 32GB of RAM and 22GB cache. You can request the amount of cache from Palych with his 64GB of RAM
. msi ab in a dedicated RAM is about 29GB, but games that eat operas in 4k are about 16 dofiga

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
That is, knowing such information, false tests can be palmed off as real ones with a restart and yell at the whole village: "WHY DO I NEED YOUR SSD ???"
I write vidos at the time of the first launch of the game, spend time on some kind of upload and make it cache and then again overwrite it for me and not for me. But the fact that I have never seen a difference with ssd and hard is a fact

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
And I didn’t think why the problem is, the disk is new, but it is overloaded or does not have time to adjust the data for small files. And why everything flies for everyone, but it turns out there people have been sitting on SSD for a long time. And I went through the whole damn computer, and he is in perfect order, like the disks.
instead of looking for frametime serifs, you would play games, like all people do. Sometimes I see serifs myself only when viewing a record, but it was generally played perfectly
01001000 01101001 wrote:
Ie . All this happens during the game. And you walk in circles in the game. Miracles and more.
In your game, every second, 20-30 mb maximum can be loaded, the speed of even the ancient hard is 100 mb / s. I would also understand that it would make sense if it was constantly loaded from 1GB and above
01001000 01101001 wrote:
Yes, I noticed how you did not see (there are just a lot of such examples):
What is the mass there? if in the game for 1 hour something twitches 3-4 times, I don’t even notice it, I didn’t have enough video for a long time and therefore the 2080s was sold a long time ago and 6900xt was taken, the effect is huge. The card copes well in 4k, for the game a powerful card + a weaker percentage is much preferable than a powerful percentage + a weaker card

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
Review yours, and check everything yourself, and do not drive full game here. I'm still going to watch your vidos here and poke into all the problems. You don't want to, you don't have to. Well, at least don't lie to people, have a conscience.
I don’t have any problems, of course, I just want to watch vids and talk about some problems looking only at the frametime line, it’s like some smart people write about the graphon in a game that hasn’t come out yet looking at vids squeezed from YouTube to pg. You look at the screen, not at the frametime, I generally look at temperatures more, they make sense to me much more than there frametime and everything else

01001000 01101001 03.09.22

Palych Rokov
It's funny how you read through the line. There is a problem, I threw the video, and there it is perfectly visible, it hits right in the eyes. But if you don't see, then you're doing the same thing in the eyes. Everything is clear with you. nothing will help here. You can throw proofs for a long time. You just don't want to see it, that's all. And the line of the frame time graph has nothing to do with it, from the word at all.
Here GTA5 runs great on the HDD, the old game. The same and remaster of a spider, quite takes out a disk. But cyberpunk, horizon, origin odyssey and valhalla - noticeably merges in crowded places. Ah, Marvel is the same kind of norms. I didn't experiment further. In horizen you have the same garbage, but this is not on the SSD, guess why:
Spoiler
And I will duplicate. Maybe you will finally look at it, or like Boozer, you won’t even recognize or understand, the same one needs to poke a finger, doesn’t see point-blank and contradicts, okay to me, but to others, and even to the game developer (well, a comical troll). And I repeat - check correctly, Boozer could not record a single video, like mine, and only cheated by driving the game, and then recording. Stay short.

l
lapwing mouse 03.09.22

01001000 01101001
Eat, rainbow mushroom picker))) Otherwise, I see you have love correspondence here again. You still can't deal with your stutters on hdd in The Witcher
3 A smart guy who doesn't really play games decided to be clever. Laughing out loud))))

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
But cyberpunk, horizen, origin odyssey and valhalla - noticeably merges in crowded places.
In general, all these games play wonderfully on hdd and there is no discomfort at all, I notice problems in myself only in games on UE4, but even then not everywhere. Frametime can jump back and forth and this is normal, because your FPS is also not rooted to the spot. The higher the fps, the shorter the frame time and vice versa, this

is normal , then this is a matter of my old process with not the best RAM for it, which does not really stoke and the timings do not practically decrease. SSD or hdd does not play a role.

01001000 01101001 wrote:
Maybe you will finally look at it, or like Boozer, you won’t even recognize or understand, you need to poke your finger, point-blank does not see and contradicts, okay to me, but to those around me, and even to the game developer (well, a comical troll) . And I repeat - check correctly, Boozer could not record a single video, like mine, and only cheated by driving the game, and then recording. Stay short.
Yes, even if for all the time the frame time jumped up a couple of times, then it doesn’t matter at all, that’s when such a game 5-6 times in 10s is a problem. I play games, and you are in the line of the frame, that's the whole difference.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.09.22

Palych Rokov
Palych Rokov wrote:
I don’t have a swap file at all and how much it is cached there I have no idea What does the swap file have to do with it ?
Open the taskbar and you will see
Palych Rokov wrote:
32GB it can be cut down
. You tell Chibis when he had a 46GB dedicated drive in RDR2
Palych Rokov wrote:
in any case, in 4k I had 65-80 fps and it plays much smoother and more pleasant than your 45-50 with a flat frame line
I know that you see only what is convenient for you. I’m already used to this
Palych Rokov wrote:
I don’t even worry and while you conjure with the settings, I successfully go through the game on ultras and take it to the basket
Estimate, I don’t worry either, I play the Witcher and I don’t worry about all kinds of Marvel shit. I play and enjoy the passage, preparing Geralt for the fight with the Beast
Spoiler
In the 2007 game, Geralt is reflected in
the
water

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I know that you only see what is comfortable for you. I'm already used to it.
You watch a video on YouTube and judge whether there are problems or not, not a single video reflects the presence or absence of comfort during gameplay, but when not stable 60 frames, then comfort cannot be close, but if the fps is 80+, but there are some starters 3-4 times per hour, then you don’t even feel them and don’t pay attention
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
You tell Chibis , when he had a 46GB dedicated card in RDR2
above 29GB, I didn’t see
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Estimate, I don’t worry either, I play the Witcher and I don’t worry about all kinds of Marvel shit.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
In the 2007 game, Geralt is reflected in the water
Marvel games are great, it's just that your bottom card doesn't pull them well. Playing The Witcher for 7 years and playing games from 2007 in 2022 is, of course, like that

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.09.22

Palych Rokov wrote:
You watch a video on YouTube and judge whether there are problems or not, not a single video reflects the presence or absence of comfort during gameplay, but when there are no stable 60 frames, then comfort cannot be close, but if the fps is 80 +, but there are some starters there 3-4 times an hour, you don’t even feel them and don’t pay attention.
I only saw on one video how Mafia: Definitive Edition “flies” freely (on Ryzen 5 2600X + 2060). In the rest, all microfreezes.
Palych Rokov wrote: I did
n’t see anything above 29GB
I didn’t write about you
Palych Rokov wrote: Marvel games are
super, it’s just that your bottom card doesn’t pull them normally
And what does the map have to do with it, if marvel call? I pass by their films, games too. I did a test with the Guardians only at the request of Chibis, but I don’t need them
anyway Palych Rokov wrote:
Play 7 years in the Witcher and in 2022 to play games of 2007, of course, this is
who told you that? I only went through it once. The Witcher 1 is a cult part, although the combat is uncomfortable at first.

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I only saw on one video how Mafia: Definitive Edition "flies" freely,
it ran without problems with a comfortable FPS above 60 frames, I passed it and took it to the trash, other games also play perfectly, there are problems in some games built on UE4, maybe it's because of the processor, or maybe just with the amd card, a faster processor per thread is required. But still, it cannot be compared with the nightmare that you have when the FPS is below the monitor's hertz frequency. At least I have freesync, it somehow smoothes out, and even then drops below 55 frames are noticeable, but you don’t have anything like that and 45-50 frames is creepy trash.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
And where does the map, if the marvel call? I pass by their films, games too.
You have to pass them by due to the fact that the card does not pull out, and the Guardians of the Galaxy from single-player games are generally super cool, The Avengers is also a cool game, if not a pirate, but a litsuha and play in co-op, although it’s normal there alone, Chelopuk is a new great game. Change the vidyaha to something normal, at least 3080, buy more RAM and discover a lot of new games, otherwise the Witcher 3 is 7 years old, and you still play it

l
lapwing mouse 03.09.22

Yes, The Witcher 3, including Rdr2 with the Mafia, are cult games. But the Marvel games are just as legendary, which gives them a reason to compete with them. Personally, when I passed them, there were no problems. Exception, Spider. I had to tweak it to make it play decently. Here.
Marvels on ultra. Playing as intended:
SpoilerSpoilerSpoiler

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.09.22

Palych Rokov Palych Rokov wrote
: I
ran it without problems with a comfortable FPS above 60 frames Inflated Call Black Ops 1/2/3. Palych Rokov wrote: Change the video to something normal, at least 3080 And then I would immediately take up the replay of Return To Castle Wolfenstein with the Venom mod, then for the passage of Wolfenstein New Order. Og) Palych Rokov wrote: the nightmare that you have when the fps is below the monitor's hertz frequency

Mafia: Definitive Edition disappointed me, but not with terrible optimization. I regretted that I bought it. Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven is like cancer before China. I should know her flaws. I got to the showdown after helping Sarah and already found something
Palych Rokov wrote:
otherwise the Witcher 3 is 7 years old, and you still play it
I showed you a reflection in the water in a game 15 years ago. Are you sure you're done with alcohol?

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
With microfreezes
If small notches appear on the frametime line or even one big one every 20-30 minutes, this does not mean that it is felt and causes discomfort, it is much worse when you have 40 frames and especially in action games where dynamic gameplay, and you even have a crosshair cursor slows down. Or how you have Guardians below 30 fps sit down, which is completely tin. This is where the real problem is Evil Dead, the new Outslayer extension for Outriders, slips in a few more games on UE4, but not very critical, perhaps if the RAM were better and it would be possible to raise the frequency above 2666 and tighten the timings, then this is not would. At the end of September, a new generation of AMD processors on ddr5 will be released, this will solve the problem, and there will be a new 7000 series from amd and 4000 series from nvidia
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
And then I would immediately start replaying Return To Castle Wolfenstein with the Venom mod, then replaying Wolfenstein New Order. Og)
Why play all sorts of junk, change the map and you can play new games, even The Witcher 3 and Horizon, which you haven't finished playing with new colors yet
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven is like cancer before China.
I go through all the games the same way, the plot to the credits and to the basket, the first Mafia the original played a very long time ago in the year 2000 or 2001, reached the end, until the very last disassembly, but abandoned it. The remake is one to one, only on a new engine and with a new graphics, I did not notice any critical glitches and bugs in the remake, the remake is definitely better, if only because it looks modern, modern physics, normal animation. Physics and animation is something that you can't improve with any mods in old games.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.09.22

Palych Rokov
Palych Rokov wrote:
If small notches appear on the frametime line or even one big one every 20-30 minutes, this does not mean that it is felt and causes discomfort.
Yes, you are far from the only one who has notches. The game is such
Palych Rokov wrote:
much worse when you have 40 frames and especially in action games where dynamic gameplay
If you turn off monitoring, then you will see the difference
Palych Rokov wrote:
At the end of September, a new generation of AMD processors on ddr5 will be released, this will solve the problem, and then the new 7000th series from amd and 4000th from nvidia
I don't know, I'm going to play The Witcher in September. If you think that I have nothing to play, then you are sooooo very mistaken. I play the games that I like, not for show, but for pleasure. I have never played and will not be forced, because
Palych Rokov wrote:
Why play all sorts of junk, change the map and you can play new games, even the Witcher 3 and Horizon, which you haven’t finished playing yet, will sparkle with the new colors of
New Order 2014, it’s on OGL, like Return To Castle Wolfenstein. And OGL doesn’t go well on AMD. and short. The Witcher 3 is already played, like Horizon
Palych Rokov wrote:
One to one remake, only on a new engine and with a new graphics
Hehe, yes, anyone who actually played The City of Lost Heaven will tell you that the remake is not only different in graphics). I did not go through to the end of the remake and I see the differences, but you don't😄. Some of them caught my eye even in the trailer

P
Palych Rokov 03.09.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
If you disable monitoring, then you will see the difference
even without monitoring, you will notice the difference when the fps drops a couple of frames below the Monica hertz, and when 40 frames, then it's lag
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
FSUs, I'll be playing The Witcher in September .
how long can you walk it? this junk has long been in the basket, once passed and demolished
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I don't know what game I should take. And I don't run after new products just because they are new.
well, yes, you have one older than the other)
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
New Order 2014, it's on OGL, like Return To Castle Wolfenstein. And OGL doesn't work well on AMD
, normally open-angle works on AMD, then just new order is a Bokopor game
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Hehe, anyone who actually played The City of Lost Heaven will tell you that the remake is not only different in graphics).
the plot is one to one with the hat that I played back in 2001

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.09.22

Palych Rokov Palych Rokov
wrote:
even without monitoring it is noticeable when the fps drops a couple of frames below the monik hertz, and when 40 frames, it’s lags at all.
You don’t see your microfreezes with monitoring, but you will see mine without monitoring.
wrote:
how long can you go through it?
The first two parts of The Witcher have two storylines: one in favor of people, the other in favor of non-humans. I went through The Witcher 1 only once. I also want
Palych Rokov wrote:
well, yes, you have one older than the other)
So what? 🤷‍♂️I bought them for that, to play them. Isn't that logical?
Palych Rokov wrote:
normally open-angle works on amd, then just new order Bokoporskaya game
The prick there from Budulay’s horse is normal. You won’t even be able to shoot a test using the driver and with the full screen of both Return To Castle Wolfenstein and New Order. OGL works well only on Nevidia maps. And in Return To Castle Wolfenstein you will have regular drawdowns and friezes, although the game is from 2002. You can check it. Download and install it very quickly, it weighs some 600mb. I won’t accept clumsy excuses, just a test.
Palych Rokov wrote:
the plot is one to one with the hat that I played back in 2001
What does the plot have to do with it??? You don’t even know their differences🤦‍♂️