3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 18.12.20 02:09 am

Is Cyberpunk 2077 worth buying a new graphics card for? (Cyberpunk 2077)

Such a question people, is this game worth it to take a new video card in the price range of 50 - 70K rubles?
It is clear that this will not happen, that as soon as you have passed Cyberpunk, then this video card is successfully sold. It is clear that you will continue to play on it and in other games, replay some demanding games with a better picture, play other novelties, etc.
The replacement is not in a hurry, so to speak, because my current GTX970 is more or less fine with me, at least all the games start quietly, and the last Metro passed on it, and RDR2 is the same, and even with a not so bad picture.
But one fig card is not new, there is an opportunity to replace it, but Cyberpunk served as the main incentive and impetus for replacement, isn't it bold for this game? Is it worth it?
152 Comments
Sort by:
C
Coronavirus 19.12.20

Podvipodvertov It's
worth buying a video card, but not for the sake of this wretched and problematic garbage, mistakenly called a "game". I myself updated the computer just a week before the release of this cybercal. I confess that I took it for the sake of this buggy slag. Gigabyte rtx 3080, gigabyte z490 aorus ultra, i7-10700K, 16 gig memory, more precisely two pieces of 8, ssd samsung PRO M.2 500 GB.
Before that, there was a gigabyte gtx 980 Ti. In anticipation of hacking assassin's creed valhalla, I replay Shadow of the Tomb Raider the difference is just heaven and earth! It is impossible to describe with all the proprietary nvidia chips. You should see the difference in the schedule.
If you have money, then it's worth upgrading. The cyberbook's graphics are poor and backward, but there are many games with high-quality graphics, and how many more will come out)))))

U
Uelma 19.12.20

Why is the purchase customized for a specific game? Take it for the future.

L
Life is shit 19.12.20

Skyze
I5 2500K with good overclocking is enough for 3070-3090. This is at least natural.

S
Sanyoook777 19.12.20

Life is shit
Oh, I have an i5 6400 @ 4.3 + rx480 8gb. In Varzona, the percentage of video is 100% 90-100% loading. It's not on ultras at 2k. Which I5 2500K + 3070? What are you talking about? Probably because of such ideas - Life is shit. This percentage will load Vidic 3070 at 40-60% maximum.

L
Life is shit 19.12.20

Sanyoook777
I think it makes no sense to explain to you how that loads. I have already "smashed my forehead" about this topic. I have an i7 2600K and RTX 3080, everything works great. Cyberpunk feels great at full maximum settings.

S
Sanyoook777 19.12.20

Life is shit
Work it works. But you actually put leather upholstery and upholstery from Mercedes in the old Lada "kopeck". All ok but it doesn't work 100%. Just for every fireman, put msi afterburner and connect monitoring the load of the GPU and CPU. Turn off the lock on FPS and give a monitoring screen, if you firmly believe that the processor does not matter and you are sure that you are right, it will not be difficult for you!

S
Sanyoook777 19.12.20

Here I will put to everyone who broke their foreheads
Spoiler

L
Life is shit 19.12.20

Sanyoook777
https://i.paste.pics/258d4b8cc738d4bc6dc4b105954f4af1.png
Just came in and did ...
Sanyoook777
I don't need 60FPS anymore, so goodbye. You once again proved that you are wrong!

E
El_Trolo 19.12.20

Yes.

S
Sanyoook777 19.12.20

Life is shit Do not mislead people by saying that "For the 3070-3090, the I5 2500K in good overclocking is enough." Enough, this means that everything will work to its maximum. To start a computer with 3070-3090, Celeron 420 is enough. Here is a fps of 3080 for CPU norms.
Spoilerhttps: //paste.pics/ea271dca8190a3c3cc63410ca5ea2760102 against yours 54. You can play. Enough for 3080? Definitely not!

L
Life is shit 19.12.20

Sanyoook777
I have enough of my indicators. If I go to extremes I can buy Noktua NH D15 or Bequite Dark Pro4 and under Gelid GC Extrime thermal paste, the technician will overclock me to 5Ghz. But even so I have enough. I absolutely do not need 102, so I still won't see more than 60. And I don't plan to change the monitor in the next 10 years ... Then there will be a new one, too, Viesonic, also 60HZ and also on a TN matrix. That will burn at the 4K sect.

A
Al3XXX_ 19.12.20

I got up from 970 to 1660S. The game is great, so I don't regret anything.

A
AnPei 19.12.20

Podvipodvertov
I'm not happy with my 2080, they will raise fps patches

A
Amoterasso 19.12.20

The game is not worth it, but the 970th card, as for me, is rubbish that should be changed. BUT!! If you have such trash, what is the percentage? For a good vidyuhi, you need a corresponding percentage, and this is a new mother, RAM, hard => a new computer. Will you pull? No!

Conclusion: you will sit on this bucket for the rest of your life

A
Amoterasso 19.12.20

U_Scarecrow_U
😂😂😂😂 you collected a trash bin for yourself, not a comp

U
U_Scarecrow_U 19.12.20

Amoterasso
The budget did not allow me to take a better vidyahu. Yes, and I can do without your advice, smart guy.

P
Podvipodvertov 20.12.20

U_Scarecrow_U
Now is the time that very few people can afford to update everything at once, and there is nothing wrong with that.
I have a standard set of an average Russian - a mortgage and a loan for a car))) I can't change the whole system at once, but I have it like this:
i7 4790K, 16 Gb DDR4, GTX970
I will change it in parts, as free funds become available. I will not take a loan, I think that a loan should be taken for an apartment (mortgage) and a car (they quickly rise in price and you will save up figs for what you want, if it's not Lada, of course) - all other things are only within our means.
First, I want to replace the video card, I think I still want to take the RTX3070 or RTX3080, and I don’t care if the processor doesn’t give 100% of their potential, it will be all better than my GTX970. I take a video card "for growth" so to speak.
Then I will change the mother and the processor, but I will not change the power supply unit, cooling system, case and hard drive yet, I see no reason, they do not particularly affect the FPS.
Of course, I can sit completely on the old hardware, then in order to change everything at once, having accumulated both on vidyahu and on a percentage with my mother, but how long will it take - a year, a year and a half? What for? I will replace the vidyahu, the increase in FPS will be differently higher, and thus I will comfortably sit for a year and a half on the new vidyahu and the old processor, then I will replace everything else, a sort of phased modernization.
By the way, I assembled my PC in 2014, and to this day I have not added anything else there, and even now I am more or less satisfied, only Cyberpunk has become the first bell.

I dug up an interesting article, for supporters that vidyaha rests on the processor, they say it's bad, hell and death! In short, I went through RDR2 at high and even set some parameters on ultra, there were only shadows in the middle, and so two or three parameters, nothing more, well, the anti-aliasing is minimal, so that there are no stairs, I went through 1080p., FPS I had 28 - 35, I have norms in general, only when it becomes less than 25, only then I'm not comfortable playing.
So, in that article they took my percent - i7 4790K and put the RTX3080 there in general! After that we launched RDR2 on all ultras at 1080p (by the way, the monitor does not hold higher for me), and this bundle produced 125 fps - is that bad ???

Here is a link to the article if anything:
https://yandex.ru/turbo/overclockers.ru/s/blog/TEXHAPb/show/43040/vyyasnyaem-na-chto-sposobny-starye-flagmany-intel-core-i7-4790k-vs-core-i7- 10700k-v-teste-benchmark

g
gennaz 20.12.20

Podvipodvertov fps
I had 28 - 35, I have norms in general.
It's just hard to play with such a FPS!

P
Podvipodvertov 20.12.20

gennaz
So I myself was pleasantly surprised to say the least! Because I read so much about RDR2 - they say this game is super demanding, almost with a reserve for future video cards (they also said about the first Crisis), and no modern computer will pull it out, well, everything is in the same spirit.
When I put it, I honestly didn’t expect it to start at all, I thought I don’t care, I’ll put it, check how it will work for me.
Installed, put fraps, run .... and it works !!! Beautiful smooth picture, 28 - 35 fps! My joy knew no bounds that the 2014 video card mastered this game almost normally, and I could pass it comfortably.

T
Tdante 20.12.20

In my opinion, it's time to change 970, not just for the sake of this game. The rest - depending on what to change. I really do not advise changing to something weaker than 2070.