3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deBerN 05.01.21 10:58 pm

5: 4 ratio (Fallout 4)

Did the developers forget about the 5: 4 ratio? I can't put it in the launcher, which makes it impossible to play.
So far there is 1 option:
1) We are looking for the Fallout4Prefs.ini file in the documents and set the resolution, while the picture will move.
133 Comments
Sort by:
f
flaur74 05.01.21

After exiting the terminal / PC, the character gets stuck. All actions of the character are blocked and he cannot move ...
Who faced this problem, how to heal?

T
Traun 05.01.21

bBorderless = 1
bFull screen = 0
ISize H = 1024 (or vice versa)
ISize W = 1280 (or vice versa)
deBerN

d
deBerN 05.01.21

I also put Traun , the interface shifts a little, which is unpleasant, and the texts lose their "sharpness".

T
Traun 05.01.21

deBerN
interface does not move, and some texts are not very good, but everything is quite readable,

S
Spanki-Svin 05.01.21

Witchhunter
Checked, doesn't work, it's a shame.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.01.21

The spoiler
all works together with
if for this you need to close it up as in this picture
http://pix.playground.ru/other/1336651/
translate the desktop to the desired resolution and check the box where the couple is there to prohibit games from stretching

s
severagent007 05.01.21

Everything works at 5: 4, in the file you set your resolution and be sure to have a window without a frame - borderless = 1 fullscreen = 0, then friezes from the mouse will disappear.
Fullscreen is possible, but freezing and the picture slides out. I did not touch the screen settings in nvidia.

d
droun92 05.01.21

severagent007
Your hack will not be shown. I actually made myself a full screen and so that the hack was shown, but because of this, I have ladders everywhere, since the picture is stretched. We'll have to play in the window and wait for the patch to add my permission.
And you still have part of the picture cut off. The lack of interface in power armor is especially noticeable.

d
droun92 05.01.21

Traun
You have about the same as severagent007, you can check by wearing Power Armor.

W
Witchhunter 05.01.21

I found an almost normal option for monitors with a resolution of 1280 by 1024:
Set the monitor resolution to 1280 by 800 in Windows. 2. Select the aspect ratio of 16:10 and the resolution of 1280 by 800 in the launcher.
3. Uncheck the "full screen mode" checkbox and set check the box with no frames.
4. As a result, we get a clear and proportional picture with a resolution of 1280 x 800 in the center of the screen and small black stripes at the top and bottom. The castle and the entire interface, including the power armor, are visible.

k
killaz12 05.01.21

You
can play Witchhunter ATP, but it feels like "everything is small", although the castles and the entire interface, including power armor, are visible ...

N
NecroTV 05.01.21

Witchhunter
I did this, but I don't have black bars, and everything is stretched out a bit up on the whole screen, do you know how to fix it?

s
severagent007 05.01.21

droun92 The trick is
that I have no hacking in fullscreen either. And the picture slides into full-screen when you prescribe a resolution that is not native or not maximum for Monica. Therefore, I play in a window without a frame, this is a full screen at max resolution without stripes and a smooth mouse, in fullscreen the freezing is fine and disgusting, by the way, as in Fall 3, the same trouble with freezes in fullscreen, and there is no option for a window without a frame
NecroTV in wood put aspect ratio, or know scaling, then it will not stretch, in short, look in the wood for the option not to stretch the picture.

W
Witchhunter 05.01.21

NecroTV
Remove the checkbox from "fullscreen" or whatever it is called in the lanucher.

S
Sumer 05.01.21

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/143/?

Can help someone.

E
Eduard Kechko 05.01.21

Launched on the monitor 5: 4 with black stripes FULL SCREEN. Did the following:
1) NVidia control panel -> Display -> Adjust the size and position of the desktop -> Do not scale -> ON GPU -> override application settings -> Select the screen resolution 1280x800 60Hz -> Apply;
2) The file Fallout4Prefs.ini set following parameters:
. ... ...
iSize W = 1280
iSize H = 800
. ... ...
iPresentInterval = 0 // Vertical sync - better off. since because of the
inconsistency of the monitor sweep frequency, the fps falls seriously bFull Screen = 1
bBorderless = 0
. ... ...
bTopMostWindow = 0
bMaximizeWindow = 0
. ... ...
After that the game started in LetterBox format in full screen mode !!!

N
Nigermaks 05.01.21

, perform scaling -> ON GPU. What is gp? I just have only the Display and that's it.

s
severagent007 05.01.21

Eduard Kechko Disabling Vsink is categorically harmful on powerful cards! What is the inconsistency, explain? The only bug was when I played with the settings for a long time, then the FPS dropped stupidly to 30, I don't remember what setting, it seems fullscreen = 1 and borderless = 0, or vice versa (or there are only units everywhere), but this is not a VSink, this is an incorrect editing of the config.
Can you imagine playing on a new vidyah without a VSink? under 200 fps of which 140 in the ass for heating the specific, squeak of throttles and most importantly - ugliness on the screen. If your fps drops with vsink, then this card does not pull and when the fps falls below the monitor frequency, vsink immediately sets the closest proportional frequency, if 60 Hz is monik - and the card does not pull up to 55-50 fps, then it cuts immediately to synchronized 30 fps - and this is not a drawdown, this is a vsink. In this case, it is more profitable to put 75 Hz, then the frequency will jump to 60 45 37 30 fps with fps below 75-70. In short, you need to understand and see. Both nvidia and amd are struggling with this, there are monics already with zh-sync, the proportions there give a damn - how much the card pulls, so much will be synchronized fps on the screen WITHOUT A BREAK.
Cut off Vsink only on weak cards!
The only thing in 4 fallouts I have are friezes, with a stable 60 fps in full screen mode, the shutdown does not work, only worse, you put a window without a frame and the song - the friezes (and on weak cards there may be drawdowns) disappear.
In general, thanks for the advice to you, I wrote it down clearly, even though there was the same advice above.

W
Wild rider 05.01.21

Eduard Kechko
Thank you, it helped. Locks began to appear, in contrast to my method above.
The comrade above correctly spoke about the vertical. Disabled the lock first, because 37 fps at first did not suit me, but because of this, the hacking animation itself accelerated every 5. As a result, I turned on the lock again.

s
severagent007 05.01.21

Wild Rider
I made it even more beautiful :) I repeat - I have no smoothness in full screen mode, and in a window without a frame with a resolution of 1280x800 with a desktop of 1280x1024, you need to shift the window down to the center of the screen.
In short, in order not to constantly change the resolution of the desktop to 1280x800, I did this:
I removed the wallpaper to black :), Pkm on the taskbar - Auto-hide the taskbar. All this can be omitted, the main thing in the Fallout4Custom.ini file (if not, create it) set the following centering of the window position in the center of the screen:
[Display]
iLocation X = 0
iLocation Y = 112

Center of the screen (1280x1024) calculated Y: 1024- 800 = 224: 2 = 112. X = 0 always.

In the Fallout4Prefs.ini file:
iSize W = 1280
iSize H = 800

bFull Screen = 0
bBorderless = 1

bTopMostWindow = 0
bMaximizeWindow = 0

I have screenshots, just like above, just overcame the fullscreen, which annoyed with freezes, and playing in a window without a frame with vsink enabled, just perfect mouse smoothness! Desktop in normal resolution, no need to pull the scaling and resolution settings for the desktop in the driver panel. Try someone with freezing at normal FPS. Now it's nice to play.

If it does not work, or you will apply other patch settings, then delete the Fallout4Custom.ini file!