3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deBerN 05.01.21 10:58 pm

5: 4 ratio (Fallout 4)

Did the developers forget about the 5: 4 ratio? I can't put it in the launcher, which makes it impossible to play.
So far there is 1 option:
1) We are looking for the Fallout4Prefs.ini file in the documents and set the resolution, while the picture will move.
133 Comments
Sort by:
v
vad888 05.01.21

Maybe there is another way

T
TrInIk 05.01.21

Nobody knows if there is any way for 1600x1200?

E
Eduard Kechko 05.01.21

deBerN
I don't think so. In theory, they should - all modern AAA projects support the 5: 4 format, and Besezda, to put it mildly, cheated in this regard (in my opinion, she cheated a lot in F4, I'm a little disappointed with the game). In fact, everything is already smooth. My method, which I described above, works great. In theory, it should work for any standard definition supported by monitors. In fact, it is not very comfortable to play it at a "square" resolution, because when aiming from the third person (and this is how I play RPG), the camera zooms so much ... that it just looks disgusting (again for me). Therefore, I play in the LettleBox format. Yes, there is not enough playing area, I admit it, but for some reason it feels more pleasant.

d
deBerN 05.01.21

Eduard Kechko
I used your method, while I'm happy, it's a shame of course for the letterboxes, but it's better than on a cut-off square in full screen.

e
evedragon 05.01.21

Eduard Kechko
Besedka almost in each of his games suvaala support 5: 4. And then bam, she's not there, so even without dancing with a tambourine, you can't achieve a butterbox. In general, I have a feeling that the game is some kind of stub for $ 60.

E
Eduard Kechko 05.01.21

deBerN
evedragon
To answer you honestly. After playing it for 18 hours. I can briefly and clearly describe the "New", "Masterpiece", "Divine" Fallout 4. Besezda sold its engine well, this is undeniable. Fans buy - modders will finish. As many people before me wrote - "KHALTURA and nae * akhtung"

PS Why is he working hard on a worthy project, there are modders, if we sell an improved engine for 2000k? .. And the fans are already eating it.

e
evedragon 05.01.21

Eduard Kechko
Well, thank God, at least the mods will finish, this is what I like about the games of the abyss, that's why I buy them.

s
severagent007 05.01.21

Configs are correct in documents !!! Copy the lines from the patch itself, there is a readme !!! Works, but I scored I play with stripes, they are not big. It will be seen further.
Eduard Kechko try to remove friezes with window frames! The game runs perfectly smoothly, and the mouse freezes in fullscreen! This is even more disgusting than stripes.

R
Razsta007 05.01.21

There is a fix on modgame, and the lock of norms is visible)

E
Eduard Kechko 05.01.21

severagent007
Nothing freezes me, neither the game itself nor the mouse. I wrote n times above what needs to be done to work normally, without any mods. The game runs as it should, in full screen mode, with black bars. I was explaining to another guy how to get rid of the bug with accelerating the game at high fps, without v.synch. Which I advised to enable forcibly in the drivers for the * .exe file. My FPS jumps from 59 to 60, no more, no less, when the sync is on. The optimization of the game is good, for such and such graphics.

g
grandbookeater 05.01.21

I have a laptop 1366 * 768, I bought a game to play in a square on a quarter screen ?! Anyone have any advice on a working way for 1366 * 768 full screen resolution? yes at least 1280 * 720 ...

R
RAZIEL_ 05.01.21

Sumer
Thank you! The fix from the nexus helped, now everything plows perfectly!

l
levakoff 05.01.21

By the way, whoever has a bug with an invisible master key can be downloaded here http://fallout4mod.ru/bag-fiksy/bag-s-zamkom-v-fallout-4-reshenie-zdes-by-sot-team.html

A
Abbat76 05.01.21

As I did:

in the desktop settings from NVidia the following:
1) changed the resolution from 1280 x 1024 to 1200x768
2) went to the next section, where he indicated the "Scale images for games" checkbox and indicated the resolution 1200 x 768
3) in The ini-file of the game indicated a resolution of 1200 x 768, and also indicated the launch in full-screen mode = 1 all adjacent = 0.

As a result, the game starts exactly as the desktop looks, but not in a window, but in full-screen. Normally scaled with black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Power armor hood and lock picking works as it should.

Why not 1280x800 but 1200x 768? Because personally I have a clearer picture at this resolution, and at 1200x800 there is more soap. Perhaps a feature of the monitor ...

s
severagent007 05.01.21

Abbat76
Have you written a hundred times, why the heck change the resolution on the desktop? You put a window without a frame, set your resolution and set the window coordinates for 768: 1024-768 = 232: 2 = 115, Y = 115. everything is clear. Is it 720 by chance? Some kind of nonsense 1200x768 ... Soap wrong settings, everything is clear at any even non-standard resolution, without touching the desktop. See above my and other posts. By the way, you can test it, everything seems to be fixed, you can also prescribe Fov = 90 to this fix so that the size of the pip battle and the picture does not increase
modgames site there is a patch for square monics

F
Fatrus 05.01.21

severagent007
First: Not all Nvidia.
Secondly: Your method does not work on Radeons. You cannot launch a window with a resolution of 720x480, for example, full screen on a desktop with a resolution of 1440x900. You already think for yourself, young man, before advising others and then swearing "why the heck change the resolution on the desktop" ...

A
Anton Arkhipov 05.01.21

Vyacheslav Butusov
FullHD is now not nearly enough, but just right, it's too early to buy 4k, unless you have money for the top-end system with a couple of titans)
And at the expense of ips, they also give a good response, ASUS MX279H for example 5ms, maybe This is not enough? And there is even less response. 144Hz on ips? It is also there, no problem.

e
evedragon 05.01.21

Vyacheslav Butusov
Full HD is a standard, but this does not negate the fact that there are many 5: 4 monitors with a good matrix, which are easily given the quality of the current full HD.

A
Anton Arkhipov 05.01.21

Vyacheslav Butusov
I now use TN monic and it seems like nothing, everything suits, but if you put even a cheap ips next to it, then my TN turns into something terrible, everything is faded, as if almost colorless, and the white turns out to be not white at all, but yellow )) Well, maybe now they do better matrices, my Monica is almost 11 years old)

j
jsilverst 05.01.21

I put the mod from the nexus and there was no smoothness with it, I removed it.
Then I made the settings, as described above:
Launched on the monitor 5: 4 with black stripes FULL SCREEN. Did the following:
1) NVidia control panel -> Display -> Adjust the size and position of the desktop ->
Do not scale -> Display -> override application settings -> Select the
screen resolution 1280x800 60Hz.
2) 3D Settings -> 3D Settings Control -> Vertical Sync Pulse - Adaptive
-> Triple Buffering - On.

3) In the Fallout4Prefs.ini file, I set the following parameters:

iSize W = 1280
iSize H = 800

iPresentInterval = 0 // Vertical sync - it's better off. since due to frequency mismatch
monitor sweep seriously drops
fps bFull Screen = 1
bBorderless = 0

bTopMostWindow = 0
bMaximizeWindow = 0

Now everything works fine.

More about locks, I had the lock in the center of the screen when I hadn't made any changes to the settings yet.