3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 16.02.21 12:44 pm

Is piracy a crime or an innocent prank?

Downloading games from torrents, this is considered a full-fledged theft for which, according to the law, must be punished with a real term, and according to biblical concepts, a person's soul will burn in hell, or downloading games from torrents is an innocent prank, not serious, and this is something similar to the likeness as if I wanted to take some sea into my glass - that is, complete nonsense, not seriously, and there is no damage at all from this?
161 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 16.02.21

Podvipodvertov,
according to the law, it is impossible like that. plus if you still use the stolen grubby p. penalties and time limits may be incurred for activities or other benefits.
and I do not share the concept of getting some kind of material benefit from the program or some kind of abstract buzz. because domestic pirate means freeing up resources to acquire something else, and it turns out that the pirate gets the game bread and butter. and so he would only have resources for the game and bread, or the choice is only bread and butter. and according to biblical standards, as I understand it, a person became richer in this case, since he received good and is more sinful.
although there is one trick in the ancient Jewish laws - its essence is approximately the following: if the goose passes and picks a couple of spikelets from the field it will not be a crime. and if he is caught with a sickle and a basin, it will be theft. and Christianity is based on the principles of the parables of the covenant therefore inherits this logic. but I have a certain logical dissonance from this, because if 100 travelers pass, there will be 100 well-fed people and part of the field will disappear. and if 1000 people disappear, the field will disappear and that person who plowed there will not receive anything from this and will be spent and people will be filled. there are also different trends and interpretations. but domestic piracy is inherently more money-grubbing.

P
Protocol10 16.02.21

Podvipodvertov
According to biblical concepts, even playing games is already a sin and idleness, not even downloading something. I know really believers (not those who just run around to put candles sometimes), do not play games in principle, and if they watch films, then they are purely on Christian themes. Well, even if you play, you have to buy, because the use of piracy, in fact, the use of a neighbor's property without permission from him, see the commandments about theft and about the fact that you cannot desire anything from your neighbor, respectively.

S
Sam_FisherPG 16.02.21

Podvipodvertov
No need to pretend to be a fool, all over the world in every country bureaucrats steal from people, in billions and trillions, eat caviar with spoons like porridge, fly on private planes, have a fleet of dozens of cars, and use all the best and most expensive, and do not worry about the fact that they stole something.
And you worry about the downloaded piece of code that you won't be fed up with, and you will never get anything from it, just spend your time on it (let's say playing a game), and you will take it on a torrent only because you are not able to pay for it , because they are trying to rob him to the bone for him + they also demand donat.
Open your eyes, and turn on the brains, over what you bother with. Of course, I'm not an ardent pirate, sometimes I buy if I liked the game, but of course if I have to download it differently, then I will not be driven about this.

P
Podvipodvertov 16.02.21

MunchkiN 616
I've been downloading games since 2011 somewhere, some I download, some I buy, it depends on the game. For example, it's easier for me to buy Forzu Horizon than to suffer with cracked versions, and as a license it will be more interesting.
I already bought the Witcher 3, because I was waiting for this game, and there were a lot of patches going to it, and I would have tormented the pirate to reinstall or update it manually - no matter how strange it sounds, but it will be cheaper to buy it than download it.
But for example, the same Doom and Wolfenstein I downloaded with peace of mind, because these are games for a couple of evenings - I passed and forgot, and I did not see the point of buying them for myself at all.
And so yes, you say everything is right - here I have, for example, 3K rubles to buy a game, I already "knocked out" this money from my list of monthly expenses, well, like there is a mortgage, food, gasoline - these 3K rubles are free money for free expenses. And there is a game that I need, I can download it, or I can buy it, but both of these options do not differ much - the only difference is that the downloaded version will not have achievements (shit on them), and that's it!
Of course, then I will download it to the ball, and for the free 3K rubles, I will buy myself a beer and order a pizza, and I will play this game with it all.
Someone will say they say you need to earn more so that you could afford and buy a game and order a grub ... and I will answer - what for? Why should I change jobs, change an established team, overcome, etc., when can I take the easy path - download a game for a ball, order a meal, and stay at my usual job?

L
LIRW 16.02.21

Podvipodvertov wrote: Download
games from torrents, this is considered a full-fledged theft
These are the developers' problems ... But at the expense of stolen, you are walking down the street, there is a five-thousandth one (I think you will not pass by): D You will not write about the find in the newspaper either: D Here is a torret, the same situation.
So we live!

U
Uelma 16.02.21

Stealing and lying is bad with a big sin, said the official with the priest, getting into the Rolls Royce.
The hares are to blame for our losses, the bosses of the Russian Railways said, rolling a couple of hundred millionaires offshore.
Pirates are to blame for our income, the developers said, introducing loot boxes into the boilerplate and pipeline game.

S
Spiny 16.02.21

Piracy in Russia seems to be not yet punishable (they just barely do it). Closing torrents. However, in the US it seems like it is punishable. The only question is how to control all this? In fact, this is theft. You deprive the developer of profit. But on the other hand, the availability of everything. I have a Windows 10 Pro license at midnight, I buy games (I even pre-order), there is even an antivirus Kaspersky Total purchased. However, programs cannot be bought (expensive). I buy music relatively (a little). I don’t buy films, maximum to the cinema. I don't buy subscription series, I'm waiting for free versions. There is simply not enough money for all this.

L
Lex-one 16.02.21

Spiny
Heh outbid disks on consoles also deprive the developer of profit.
The problem is that games purchased by digit cannot be sold. Would have washed down the free market with resale and unfastened interest to developers, they would have forgotten about piracy.

R
Rolemanser 16.02.21

Spiny
Well, open your ip, and put a pirate Windows, Word, 1s on your computer, it's good if the fine is only written out, at 200k, or even they can be imprisoned.

r
requiemmm 16.02.21

Here is a person whose only interest is to take your money. Not to make a worthy product and weld along the way, no - it's stupid to breed suckers for grandmothers. And there are those who gave him these grandmothers and who are now burning from the realization of their own stupidity, because he not only ate shit, but also gave money for it. And he rushes around, fighting with those who are smart enough not to pay at least money to his, in fact, enemy. Along the way, he gives out any enchanting nonsense, like "Earn more (that is, exchange your life, which no one will return) in order to give more to your enemies!" Well, this is translated, usually there are smart words about copyright and comparisons of a piece of code with sausage.

w
winjoo 16.02.21

Podvipodvertov wrote:
Here is how to download games from torrents, this is considered a complete theft
Not. This is not theft, and certainly not "full-fledged". Piracy was theft, but in the distant, distant times, when it was accompanied by armed seizure of ships and robbery. The modern concept of "piracy" is not theft in the literal sense, since a copy is not a physical entity, and the owner of the original does not lose anything that could be evaluated in monetary terms. It should be noted right away that "lost profit" is not a direct loss, and cannot be assessed as damage, since often users who download information from free sources would most likely not buy it. Yes, there is a small chance of buying in the absence of a free version, but it is negligible and does not have a significant impact.
(If "piracy" really had at least some kind of influence, games and films would have ceased to be released long ago, since "pirated copies" did not appear yesterday or last year. Remember at least the 199s - the famous "pirate" Dandy and games that littered the shelves of shops. This did not lead to any decline of the gaming industry.)

w
winjoo 16.02.21

Podvipodvertov wrote:
downloading games from torrents is an innocent prank
Yes. Rather, it is an innocent prank, or at worst - "justified" economy. Since the user who downloaded the file from free sources (torrent and hedgehogs with it) does not enrich himself on this, he does not rob anyone and, moreover, does not use physical violence. It is also worth noting that games have risen in price. Previously, on average, a licensed disc with a PC game cost about 200-500 rubles. Now (a game without a disc) costs 10 or even more times more than 2000-5000 rubles. Even excluding the carrier, the price rise is at least 10 times! Did the salaries rise by the same 10 times? - a big question ... (Did postmen, cashiers, teachers, etc. begin to receive a class instead of 10t.rub, for example, 100t.rub?) From this side, even a "drunk driver" has a greater threat to society than a million users torrents.

L
Lex-one 16.02.21

winjoo
Games both cost $ 30 for the ru segment, and are still worth it.
And the West does not care that the economy in Russia is in one place. If you want, buy. If you don't want to, don't buy.
Personally, I always buy those games that I like. And there are those in which I can’t play even two hours, and the return does not work in my country.
For example rage 2, passed the prologue and realized that it was not mine.
For me, a pirate is like a demo version. If the game has entered, then I will definitely buy it.

w
winjoo 16.02.21

Lex-one
Well, the dollar has risen in price by about ~ 3 times, and games are> 10. Still not docking!

L
Life is shit 16.02.21

Release of all shit, plagiarism and deception of people - Crime or innocent prank?

L
Lex-one 16.02.21

winjoo
As cost $ 30 and are.
As I bought games for $ 30 in 2013, I still buy. In 2013 1000 rubles = 30 $ in 2021 30 $ = 2500 rubles.
Everything remained as it was, and it was not the dollar that rose in price, but the ruble became cheaper.

w
winjoo 16.02.21

Lex-one
Well, good. Why then did games on media cost $ 30 before, but now they cost almost the same without media? That is, their digital version should cost at least 2 times cheaper (for example, $ 15). The figure is not a disk, for the production of which, its logistics, additional financial costs are needed, which in fact do not exist now. The cost of producing the digital copy itself is 0 rubles, since it is produced on the consumer's side (not the seller's!).

l
longerr2007 16.02.21

Podvipodvertov
If anyone will burn in Hell, it will be those who came up with these laws, because they are the real mafia and real pirates.

M
Marsj 16.02.21

winjoo
It's called digital slavery and people are the new oil. Inflation, price increases for everything.
winjoo wrote:
Did the salaries rise by the same 10 times? - a big question ... (Did postmen, cashiers, teachers, etc. begin to receive a class instead of 10t. rubles, for example, 100t. rubles?)
The level of minimum wages without taxes depends on the state policy.

L
Lex-one 16.02.21

winjoo
Now I'll tell you why.
More precisely there are 4 of them:
1. Conservatism, many players love discs, arrange them, make collections. They will be very unhappy if the discs are more expensive or canceled.
2. Competition from Microsoft, if Sony will raise the prices of discs, then Microsoft will definitely not do this, and this is a potential loss of users.
3. B. in the market, many people sell used discs, they even make money on it, they correctly say that the poorest players are on the console. I bought a disc, passed it, sold it. The whole scheme. Or they rent discs.
4. Accessibility, not everywhere a user can afford a good Internet, this is also a part of buyers, and losing this market is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot.
Ps yes, if you have a friend / friends then divide the price by two.
There is a friend with a curling iron, take a figure for two, no, take a disk, come in, sell.