3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 16.02.21 12:44 pm

Is piracy a crime or an innocent prank?

Downloading games from torrents, this is considered a full-fledged theft for which, according to the law, must be punished with a real term, and according to biblical concepts, a person's soul will burn in hell, or downloading games from torrents is an innocent prank, not serious, and this is something similar to the likeness as if I wanted to take some sea into my glass - that is, complete nonsense, not seriously, and there is no damage at all from this?
161 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

Rolemanser
Disk is a commodity and they are not given away for free, you d @ un?
And the air in the service is just the product, they did not put any soul or energy into the production of the game, so alix must be free in incentive, okay?
The number of possibilities is many times less than that of the disk, and there is still a reason that the price would be low and not the same or higher than the disk
That licensed disks XL1-2 cost 60 dollars that n @ p @ sha alix for steamboys costs 60 dollars this is wrong steam past if aaa games on the incentive will cost less than $ 10 or for free, as it should be an underpurchase then I will buy games on a pc without disks, and so I will always use a torrent on a pc)

S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

A.Soldier of Light
You showed in the photo self-propelled guns or pirates created for schoolchildren at home and sold at home, and I mean licensed disks for PCs, which are nice to hold in your hands, they are very comfortable with high-quality printing and box inside, besides the game, I also have a manual booklet
. There are several such games but I can't take a picture now
But I understand why PCs hate pirated discs because you bought the game and it was most likely inoperative there was such a crooked repack

R
Rolemanser 06.03.21

You are Sasjiro Down. Getting personal, darling? The figure is also a commodity. There are people who prefer digital, because there is no need to go to the store to play the game, and for example, after the game is released, you can play right there and not wait for the ordered disc to be brought. I have a friend who only buys a digital, because there was a fire in the house and all her discs burned out. PS this is your nonsense, look for information about how much the publisher took for himself. Not for nothing in their time in interviews with small studios they talk about the figure. Brion Fargo himself even wrote that games would only be released in digital form.

B
BoriskaE 06.03.21

Warrior Morgoth The
sun is snotty, you confused me with my mother chtol, called Olechka that you will ask for a boob again .... Theft develops business ... what a mess in your head ..... although at the expense of porridge I flatter you. ..

d
dilat 06.03.21

Sasjiro
Troll, this is for you in another ward

A
Advnc 06.03.21

In fact, piracy is the so-called the same theft. But it is difficult to deal with this and it is not really necessary, our state at least

R
Rolemanser 06.03.21

Yakhychkvash
You didn't take into account the fact that there are development studios that receive% of the publisher's sales. What do you say to that Elon Musk?

W
Warrior of Morgoth 06.03.21

IlovePS4 wrote: This is
why a combine operator works as a combine operator, because in his youth he screwed up everything and everything, moving to school and vocational schools in triplets. And then a stupid misunderstanding comes out, which will not be taken anywhere except by a combiner for 15k. Such workers have a stormy youth, for which they then pay so well, working wherever they have to.
Fairly, the problem, however, is that someone has to work there, otherwise what are we going to eat?

W

BoriskaE
I gave you your own quote
BoriskaE wrote:
But robbing the company in which Vasya works, you make him work harder for the same money
You are apparently stupid olechka, as it was said the publisher will make a profit in any case. Raising the prices of their conveyor handicrafts by two, or even three times. People who make games for the sake of games, and not for the sake of the dough usually make a decent profit. The valheim Early Access project is an example of this. And they don't give a damn about the pirates, but the fifa or the bloated cal of rivet the same thing and the loss of any penny is a tragedy for them. The more you eat, the more you want. Ancient wisdom olechka. These are the publishers you are defending. A raven-raven's eyes will not peck out, will a little olechka?

W

Rolemanser wrote:
Since when is the cyberbook and the assassin an RPG?
For me, a cyberpunk RPG, I act out what I would do if I were V, I relive his story with him or her. This is RPG isn't it?

W

BoriskaE
You know there is such a mod of steel that is free and this is Olechka the highest example of how to make games. Creative Assembly, on their medieval 2 total war mod, and you know olechka. Not any warhammer total var or rome 2. Hundreds of units were not lying with a steel and nearby, they were drawn with love and soul, and you drown an olechka for those who release BLOOD in the DLC. Thanks to you, Olechka will soon cost real money to replenish the squad. I don’t see any reason to argue with you.

W

Advnc
Damn, how difficult is it that Madonna will go broke if she downloads her album? Will Bruce Willis get poorer if someone watches another tough nut not in a movie theater or on a license? The director of ea will not buy a new merc if someone downloads a pirate fifa. He will make boxes with football players with feints and so on. Some of you hamsters spend tens of thousands of mother's money on them. You need to buy games only from independent studios that do what they want and not what the publisher imposes on them .. That dead space was bad, but counting on you hamster ea began to impose multiplayer, you support their greed. But unfortunately it is pointless to prove to a hamster that he is a hamster, and not only in our country.

G
Gauguin 06.03.21

The warrior of Morgoth wrote:
Damn, how difficult is it that Madonna will go broke if she downloads her album? Will Bruce Willis get poorer if someone watches another tough nut not in a movie theater or on a license? The director of ea will not buy a new merc if someone downloads a pirate fifa.
"Will the bank go bankrupt if you take one ingot out of there? The bakery will go poor if you steal a loaf? Huang won't buy a new Ferrari if someone grabs one RTX 3080?" and other excuses for petty theft. Bourgeois same damned, to steal from "thieves" is not a crime and other platinum conclusions.

W

Gauguin
Exactly like your bank will go bankrupt no bullion is not his, is that clear? And in any case, all deposits are usually insured. The bakery throws out expired products in batches, or they push you to the most honest hamster in the world.
Gauguin wrote:
Huang won't buy a new Ferrari if someone grabs one RTX 3080?
And to hell with him. Buy blood like dlts, use boxing for your loot, buy one game, sawn into three, and each costs like a full-fledged AAA project. You are already accustomed to the fact that they have you and are mad when someone has those who have you. And no matter how it will not reach you who does not buy the game, he will not buy it in any case. Put your juan to shit at least five different defenses. This will bring a headache only to you majesty hamsters. Those who cannot buy it will wait for the break-in, those who do not buy on the basis of the principle will wait for the break-in. But your burnt farts cannot be understood, what pisses you off that rogue dares to play the game intended for your hamster majesty? And you know, when the Internet appeared, it was made as a means for the exchange of information, free exchange.

S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

They are extremely strange, I can't understand this logic
They shout that the disc is bad that the resale of games is evil, you need to support the developer to buy only in incentives where you do not have the right to resell what you bought for yourself and what is the economy on the game production, but at the same time, they also drive used cars bought why didn’t they support the manufacturer of the original car ?!
When someone resells a game on aucro or game stop, everyone considers it bad, because the game developers lose money, but when someone sells a used car, everyone cares, and how many billions of dollars are lost annually by car manufacturers on such
And second-hand clothes are also up to the ass, they have been reselling clothes for 100 years and no one complains that they say they lose billions of dollars in the used clothing market, and when they have been reselling games for 30 only 30 years, then this is the same grief Karl
Game as clothes you bought it and it belongs you and not you rent it indefinitely Warrior of Morgoth
Gauguin
Rolemanser
Yahychkvash
MunchkiN 616

M
MunchkiN 616 06.03.21

Sasziro is a
secondary market for Kintsa games, but this is a slightly different situation and is considered in the paradigm of opposition between single player and multiplayer.
in the case of the secondary market for games, there is usually a physical medium, which is also a legitimate medium for its reproduction. physical media can be sold and even leased, including according to American law, where there was such a problem and where they were looking for mechanisms to resolve the right collision, and they somehow do not exist. it is absolutely normal for you to sell your property.
the sold physical media cannot be used by me or continue to use which means that I am deprived of such an opportunity and everything is fair. however, from a practical point of view, this would mean that I bought the game and rushed to sell it while it is still valid. somewhere there sits next to another comrade who is waiting for either a used game or a game with a discount, and a whole series of such comrades. from the point of view of the copyright holder, the disc was sold 1 time, but it was posed by 10 people. Pitch games and modern consoles also have something like an interesting feature that the game can be used offline by installing or copying and selling the disc with lightning speed. in theory, this should have been fought by a starfors-type drm that required the presence of a disk in the drive. (but in the cis, resale as such was not popular and the disc was simply given to the nearest circle of people and then, in the ideal case, the disc came back.with Starforce, not very advanced schoolchildren at first experienced some collapse and it was easier to buy the disc by yourself than to wait for it for a couple of months until everyone who scored will play. the same for renting). from the point of view of multi-user projects - something like selling accounts was not very much and they fought with it in every possible way and continue to fight. although in theory an acc in some kind of mmo is a valuable asset, acc stim is also in general, but there is an agreement between persons prohibiting the transfer of access to third parties and renting it out. some obvious in favor of multiplayer games or games that require an online key and are tied to one user before the ultimatum single captive games is created.
from the point of view of renting games in the late 80s and early 90s, this was considered the main problem, since the games were expensive and cost about $ 60 as now, but the scheme was such that you can buy a console, take games for a couple of days and actually go through that way. the reaction of the market accordingly - the games began to be made more difficult, more nerdy so that they could not be played against in 1-2 hours. Basically, there was about so much gameplay, and the end of this whole holiday was or will become the fixing of games for one user, which was roughly done by Steam. this is bad, but it is an inevitable reactionary evil like any other. perhaps sometime there will still be a netflix-type subscription and it will be a completely different type of gambling. their gameplay is transformed to fit the needs of such a market.
from the point of view that someone specific there can return money for the game or make a profit by renting out this business, I'm not very interested.
The result of the search for a solution to the confrontation between multi-user and single-user was the understanding that piracy, discounts and the secondary market devalued the industry both in the general and individually subjective sense of each individual, and instead of a chic kinets for 3 hours for 90 dollars, there is what is pitch-pitch.

R
Rolemanser 19.03.21

A.Soldier of Light
And it was in such boxes as in your photo that pirates were sold with such logos and designs. Somewhere I have a couple, but I have to look. Apparently pirated from Swiss discs.

S
Sweety_Mustard 19.03.21

Since here we have moved away from the concepts of the administrative and criminal codes, the question is - here, these washi, nigadiai, squeezed out their bread from the yubiks and ea. For localization from Fargus (not to be confused with pirates on Fargus) - always at a good level, often with professional actors, but holivars still go, whose localization of the canon fallout is 1c or Fargus. Who is to pay for this?

I see it this way - a local pirate translated and published the game at his own expense. The publisher got free advertising, the pirate got money. What are you dissatisfied with? ; D

By the way, there are many popular games that do not have official Russian localization - one example is Diablo 2.
20 years of greatness, finally a remaster - and many players still use the works of Fargus, 7 wolf, triad, 8 bits and etc.

P
Protocol10 19.03.21

Sweety_Mustard The
publisher got free ads, the pirate got money. What are you dissatisfied with?

And the point is in advertising, if there are no bucks for the publisher)) Funny logic.

S
Sweety_Mustard 19.03.21

Protocol10 wrote:
if there are no bucks for the publisher
So advertising is the creation of the image of a company or brand, fame, PR, and not direct withdrawal of bucks from the consumer's card.
Funny logic is when you hired a marketer in a company and you expect a 200% increase in turnover the next day.

MB you do not know, but many games in the era of piracy simply did not come out in the Russian Federation, and only a select few had the Internet and 56 kb / s.