3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 16.02.21 12:44 pm

Is piracy a crime or an innocent prank?

Downloading games from torrents, this is considered a full-fledged theft for which, according to the law, must be punished with a real term, and according to biblical concepts, a person's soul will burn in hell, or downloading games from torrents is an innocent prank, not serious, and this is something similar to the likeness as if I wanted to take some sea into my glass - that is, complete nonsense, not seriously, and there is no damage at all from this?
161 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lex-one 16.02.21

winjoo
Then, you say that the game is worthless. Are you sure?
Let's count, any AAA project.
Rent of premises, salary for employees, purchase of software, contract with a publisher, support and rental of servers, technical support.
Is this all free for you?
And I only REMEMBERED this so erratically.

S
Spiny 16.02.21

Rolemanser
This applies to organizations. And at home, no one is watching you. At least you rock at home and no one is looking after you. However, this is very difficult to do. If only somehow take control of the Internet

R
Rolemanser 16.02.21

winjoo
Stealing is, yes, you are a pirate and you do not pay anything, but the game has already included the amount in case of piracy, you screwed up, and I bought the game and paid for you. About the dandy it is more so-so-so, especially since she appeared with us at the very sunset

w
winjoo 16.02.21

Lex-one wrote:
Then, here you say that the game is worthless. Are you sure?
Everything is correct. I only meant by the cost of producing a copy - directly the cost of its production, and not the cost of the game as a whole. In other words, a PC game on "digital" cannot cost more than the same PC game on a carrier (no "disc" - no associated costs). So the figure should be cheaper than the same game on disk, but for some reason this is not observed. That's what I meant. Since games went digital, publisher costs have decreased, but games have not dropped in price, but rather the opposite.

M
Marsj 16.02.21

winjoo
The cost of a number can be compared to the cost of a ticket for something or the cost of a subscription to something. Yes, the digital version of the game is artificially overpriced to offer further discounts.

R
Rolemanser 16.02.21

winjoo
You just forget or do not know what the sales figures in stores are, fight a certain percentage up to 30%.

S
Sweety_Mustard 16.02.21

If there were no torrents and freebies, melkosoft would have long since sunk into oblivion. Theft, shchaz - everything that is not prohibited by law is permitted - we have a prohibitive right, right?) And we should not confuse personal use with commercial purposes (vidos on the pipe are commercial goals).
Free distribution is free advertising, and normal software at a regional price will be bought anyway - donate is thriving.

G
Gauguin 16.02.21

Yes, a crime. The arguments against piracy have long been sorted out.

R
Real slim shady 16.02.21

This is a very controversial issue, it can be compared to how to buy a course in some occupation, well, for example, programming. And share this course with someone for free. A person who bought a course with his own money has a higher chance of completing this course and learning something than a person who got it for free. In my opinion, buying games is not unlimited respect and respect for developers, but a personal desire of a person. His inner core that wants to buy a game, wants to see his results of the game online, wants to go to his profile on Steam and see the purchased game and the achieved achievements. There are many factors, I am the person who bought and pirated games. I can't afford games worth a few thousand dollars, I don't think it's advisable, but in the future I want to buy, for example, a full pack of some series of games. As I already wrote - there are many factors in one word - good - and in the second word - evil - not to separate the two camps. Some have time here and there, as I do, but those who do not buy games at all, none, they have a different core - creepiness and the Jew's syndrome) But it's still better not to buy games with the last money.

P
Protocol10 16.02.21

Real Slim Shady It's
one thing to tailor the course to a friend. Another thing is to write down a site where to post hacked courses, plus upload clickbait advertising on the site and ask for donation constantly.

b
bazilews 16.02.21

Nothing is true everything is permitted...

R
Real slim shady 16.02.21

Protocol10
well, there may be clickbait advertising on the courses) well, I downloaded games from a torrent, like there were no problems with advertising.

S
Sweety_Mustard 16.02.21

Protocol10
has torrent sites where there is nothing like it. Purely fan site for the game - forum, mods, patches and igruha with dlts.
At one time, the musicians were very worn out about this - when the metal filed a lawsuit against the napster XD. Then these morons realized that free advertising is good, and fans are already hurting them. Although the napster was still condemned; C Many authors, moreover, did not agree with the brooms, so where can we, mere mortals, condemn file sharing.

N
Nevoeiro 22.02.21

Here is an interesting question, do you buy the game for very real money, earned by you or borrowed.
But here is the contract for this game, you cannot dispose of this product in full. It's a strange purchase of the game, they took your lave and spending it wherever they want, but you can't.
Well, as it has been said more than once here at PG, the European Commission, which conducted research and evaluated piracy. I came to the conclusion that piracy not only does not interfere with the sale of games, but rather promotes.
But the torrents were covered just in case)
Sweety_Mustard
Well, one of the largest music torrents What.CD was covered, but I think it's more likely the publishers contributed than the musicians themselves.

Metal Edge: Could you say a few words about the processes typical for the modern music industry - downloading music on the Internet and distributing songs in illegal ways?

Lemmy: You mean the modern music industry is killing itself, right? It already started x .. knows when, - but the record companies, as well as those who break, oh ... but the high price for discs continued to release albums and sell them at exorbitant prices, - they were deeply us .. to ordinary people who often instead of buying a new shirt, they would go to the music store and buy a new disc of their favorite band. These m ... kam did not care deeply about the fact that not everyone can afford to buy a license disc. However, now everything was turned upside down, and the companies began to rattle: how is that? we produce a high quality product, and someone just takes and distributes it without paying us a dime! I think that in ten years these m ... kov won't have any work at all - all the compositions will be online. AND,

L
Listoman 22.02.21

This is a common theft, but for this type of theft we have no punishment, so there is already a question solely of the conscience of specific people)

L
Lex-one 22.02.21

winjoo
And server lease costs nothing too?
Either the publisher takes a penalty from the developers for the release of the discs, or the store in which the game will be sold.

S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

Podvipodvertov Man,
I understand you a little.
Not releasing a game on a disk is illegal and forcing 2 piracy like Steam or regular torrent

S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

Lex-one
I approve of you Lex-one
your steam conservatism is an experience of the past
And it's good that they use discs, you don't have to stoop to a paid pirate)
1. Yeah, how happy all pkshniks are when they can't buy an alix disc from the game. all the time (no)
2. PC after 15 years left the console race there are only 2 competitors
3. In incentive games are sold at exorbitant prices, the price of air should be no more than $ 10
4. And here is a good Internet, I have fast Internet and I don’t buy games on pc use a torrent and I will find it out, on ps4 I buy all new items because no one forbids buying a game there

S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

Uelma
Is it okay to steer the player with steam? Not

S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

winjoo I
completely approve of you without a disc, not a product, but an alix in incentive without discs should be completely free