3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 16.02.21 12:44 pm

Is piracy a crime or an innocent prank?

Downloading games from torrents, this is considered a full-fledged theft for which, according to the law, must be punished with a real term, and according to biblical concepts, a person's soul will burn in hell, or downloading games from torrents is an innocent prank, not serious, and this is something similar to the likeness as if I wanted to take some sea into my glass - that is, complete nonsense, not seriously, and there is no damage at all from this?
161 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

Spiny
You are delusional like a kid, in the USA no one punishes for piracy, in Germany and England, too.
You cannot buy a disc with a game on your PC, so you have every right to download the game for free, no one will punish you! Maybe earlier 10 years ago, but now it is not on the PC. Valv no one punished for alix what do they care about ordinary players of buyers? Purchase

L
Lex-one 06.03.21

Sasjiro
Wow, you're talking nonsense.
This is the property of corporations. You're just a thief. Pathetic crook.
And all you give a shit here is an excuse for stealing.

S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

Lex-one
When I get ripped off, is it okay?
Valv crooks realized
steam is not an excuse for theft must be drives Alix

L
Lex-one 06.03.21

Sasjiro
Who robbed you? Why didn't you go to the authorities?
What have you suffered?

G
Gauguin 06.03.21

Sasjiro
Too fat .

R
Rolemanser 06.03.21

Sasziro
Corsair, you wouldn’t raise your voice to Valve, shout at them in a whisper and with respect. If it weren't for Valv, then there would be such a big problem with PC games, and you would not buy on the torrent, but would cry, you were choked by a toad, hunger, cold and you bought games for the console with the money you saved ...

S
Sasjiro 06.03.21

Rolemanser
If it weren't for valv, it would be very good with games on pc, there would be disks

R
Rolemanser 06.03.21

Sasziro
Apparently you were either too small or not interested in what was happening, and so at one time the creators of the game received 30-40% of the proceeds, and 60-70% was taken by the publisher who churned out these discs.

L
Lex-one 06.03.21

Rolemanser
He doesn't even know that PC disks are synonymous with StarForce.
He does not understand that the disks cannot be on the PC, since there is no reliable protection.

R
Rolemanser 06.03.21

Lex-one
Maybe he is from a parallel universe or lives in his fictional world, where discs are handed out for free at every step, or they even pay you to take them ...
PS StarForce is still evil, there are a bunch of discs with games where it is used, and the problem is now to play them at 7 or 10, but to bet and play on XP, no, if you please ...

A
A.Soldier of Light 06.03.21

Nevoeiro wrote:
But here's the contract for this game, you cannot fully dispose of this product. Some strange purchase of the game, they took your lave and spending wherever they want, but you can't
Yes, this is a typical feature of capitalists: you can prescribe any conditions, and whoever does not agree, they say, you don’t want to, don’t take it ^ _ ^ Formally correct, but humanly strange, to put it mildly ...
Nevoeiro wrote:
I concluded that piracy not only does not interfere with the sale of games, but on the contrary contributes.
But the torrents were covered just in case)
If you start a public discussion on the merits of the issue, copyright defenders will instantly merge. And it seems to me that they understand this, so they will not listen to anyone, they will not argue. And I can very easily challenge their claims to pay for each electronic copy and have done it repeatedly ...
Listoman wrote:
This is a common theft
Here is an example of this kind of defender)
What is "steal"? This is when you had a thing, I took it without asking, and you no longer have it. On the Internet and in the electronic environment, everything is different: theft does not exist if we are talking about "piracy". "Pirate" creates a copy of the file and distributes to others, they copy and distribute further, and so on. Just a lot of copies that are made by any user in two clicks, as they say. Due to the simplicity of the copying method, in theory, the owner of the rights to the product can copy it a million times and demand payment for each copy ^ _ ^ And instantly technically become a millionaire, and since the copying process is unlimited, resources are practically not used, apart from electricity and Internet traffic , it turns out almost profit out of thin air Wanting to get $ 10 for a copy that costs almost nothing to create? Brilliant.
Sasjiro wrote:
You cannot buy a disc with a game on a pc, so you have every right to download the game for free.
This is a moral right, it is worth clarifying. That is, purely humanly. Many things may legally be inaccessible to one or another potential buyer, but availability is another matter. Also in the topic of "piracy", but different.
So, in the topic of "piracy" I highlight the following points:
1. License Agreement. The problem is obvious, I have described the essence above. There is also a moment about what a "gift" is: when it is not their mind that matters to whom and what I give. Moreover, in view of the specifics of the issue, you can give by creating a copy of the product (hereinafter - paragraph 2) ...
2. Virtually no real cost to create a copy technically means that the price of a copy of a file is equal or close to zero. Cost;]
3. Availability of goods. It is not available to everyone and not everywhere, not everything is available that one would like. And if you don't get it legally, but you can get it illegally, why should you restrict yourself? We are talking about goods that do not pose a public threat, so it will not work to apply the logic about weapons and so on here.

Lex-one wrote:
He doesn't even know that PC disks are synonymous with StarForce.
He does not understand that the disks cannot be on the PC, since there is no reliable protection.
Starforce is a protection system, it is / was not on all disks. So no, not a synonym. I didn't have this nasty protection on my disks. On my legally purchased discs;]
example of disks

R
Rolemanser 06.03.21

A.Soldier of Light
So you have only pirates in your photo!

d
dilat 06.03.21

Sasziro
Ne Valv, so someone else would have figured out an online store. Discs are archaic, like cassettes, etc.

A.Soldier of Light
Didn't legal discs go through Buka / 1C / Akella's legs? In my opinion, it was so before

P
Piracy is a boon 06.03.21

a crime, or an innocent prank?
As for me, it doesn't look like a prank.
The crime? In the laws of the country in which I live and am a citizen, there is NO criminal liability for using torrent or other sites, downloading software and personal use of them. It turns out not a crime or a prank.
Whoever wants to downloads unlicensed copies. Those who do not want to do this simply pay for the creation of new programs for those who download unlicensed copies

d
dilat 06.03.21

Piracy is a blessing
Who didn't close the chamber again? How can...

P

dilat
What's wrong? It is not illegal in all countries to download, use, or even distribute pirated copies.

d
dilat 06.03.21

Piracy is good for
me already from your nickname. Piracy is good, damn it. How many good people do we have in prisons for theft, it turns out

M
MunchkiN 616 06.03.21

A.Soldier of Light wrote:
Starforce is a protection system, it is / was not on all disks. So no, not a synonym. I didn't have this nasty protection on my disks. On my legally purchased disks;]
Starforce basically kind of put Akella. Even in Goth 3, it seemed like it was or something like that. there was also some analogue of Starforce, for example, he was in Morrowind.
with Starforce, if there was such a story, there was a game that Wolds. it came out like when that 2007 in together with windows vistooy like that in the summer of 2007 it was already known that these disks would not work on this wasp. But it appears that I bought that Wolds some kind of improved edition and it was in 2008 already, probably, and there is Starforce aaaaaAAA. then it was not very important to me because the main thing for gambling was mine. And in Akella, probably such and the couple will ride there whist in 1% of the next gene of schoolchildren.
in sruzis there was an offline serial and in bioshock online activation, which is even worse than Starforce, in fact.

What is "steal"? This is when you had a thing, I took it without asking, and you no longer have it. On the Internet and in the electronic environment, everything is different: theft does not exist if we are talking about "piracy". "Pirate" creates a copy of the file and distributes to others, they copy and distribute further, and so on.
a common trump opinion of a pirate of industrial social consciousness. Well, then, with the same success, you can take in some way a certain amount of funds from a certain central bank, squander them from the heart and have some fun, and any state with its own monetary system will launch the money press at a click and print (even not necessarily physically) the missing money supply and it. however, in everyday life it is theft and corruption and all embezzlement of the state and the world's evil in general.

P

dilat
Well, if there is a law, an article of the criminal code, therefore there is WHAT to put in jail. Maybe you didn't get the meaning of my first comment?
Good, chew: A
crime is an offense, the commission of which entails the application of measures of criminal responsibility to a person. Read the criminal legislation of your country, or something. If a person has violated any of the laws in any country, then if caught, he will be convicted and most likely imprisoned.

d
dilat 06.03.21

Piracy is a blessing
And why? Man-hours were spent, but there is no exhaust. You will create a product, and no one will pay for it. This is never theft, of course. This is a blessing, yeah ... And to say that there is no punishment / fine / administrative and other things is already some kind of blatant excuse
PS: I also download pirates, but I also buy licenses. But, never my tongue will not turn to call piracy - a blessing