3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sanya Groks 22.02.21 03:23 am

Cry of Fear Mod (Half-Life)

I've been waiting for them for a long time. What do you think will not come out?
126 Comments
Sort by:
x
xDDGx 22.02.21

Actually, in the credits, Russian is marked in the Translations list. But in the game itself and its files there is no Russian language, WTF?

But in any case, your translation will come in handy. But why does your translation replace the game files, and not lie in a separate "Russian" folder in CryOfFear txtfiles languages? Not everyone will like it, especially those who want to have both Russian and English in the game (although you can still use the cryoffear_russian daddy), and those who, because of the localization, may have unforeseen [s] consequences [/ s] display problems text.
So at least make a readme with a warning, or better do two versions, with and without file replacement.

V
V. Kruger 22.02.21

Thank you, DDG, let's try. By the way, I like the worst endings. I tortured Medved for a long time. I don’t throw away the syringes; from a mile away I realized that I screwed up. I still had to take the sledgehammer.

Q
Qwertyus 22.02.21

xDDGx:
Half of the mod's text resources are hardcoded into the mod's map and dll files. Let's say "thanks" for this to the "prudent" authors of the mod. Therefore, a complete crack cannot be made without replacing all English with Russian. I can’t help here, and I don’t see any sense in the "underwriter". As a last resort, everyone can make themselves 2 installations of the mod - Russian and English.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

2 installations of the mod - Russian and English
2 copies of the mod, 2.8 gigs each ?! No way. It is better to file it into the cryoffear_russian directory and change the language of Steam, it should work.

mod text resources are sewn into mod map files
What are these resources? Textures? Textures are usually not Russified ...
In my opinion, it is enough for players to translate what is in txtfiles, notes and everything: subtitles, tips and notes. You do not need to touch the menu, etc. Still, this is the engine of the first CL, this is not a Source for you, where all menus and so on are written in the form of abstract names, so you shouldn't pounce on the author for the fact that they did something wrong.

Q
Qwertyus 22.02.21

xDDGx
Maps mod are bsp files in the maps folder that weigh more than a gigabyte. Inside them, almost half of the text messages of the game are registered. All this will remain in English if only the above files are translated. Plus, 10% of the text of the game is embedded in dll files. And this text, too, cannot be "switched" by the method of choosing the language in the menu. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. So, do whatever you want, and you can't do without a backup copy of the corresponding files :). In addition, some messages are "inserted" into textures (tga files in the gfx / vgui folder). In general, as they say, think for yourself, decide for yourself. But the crack will be of high quality and it is unlikely that you will need to have an English version of the game.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

Mod maps are bsp files in the maps folder that weigh more than a gigabyte.
And this is what you say to the mapper with ~ three years of experience, lol.

Inside them, almost half of the text messages of the game are registered.
Are they like "this door won't budge", "you're unlocked the door"? I don't think it's worth wasting time on this nonsense. Well, also the headings of the chapters, maybe, although I haven't seen them anywhere.

All this will remain in English.
So don't translate, why. If you do not understand my previous post, I will explain: I suggest you just do not touch anything that requires rough intervention. In my opinion, this is not necessary. Why touch, say, a menu? This will only confuse the player accustomed to half.

And this text, too, cannot be "switched" by the method of choosing the language in the menu.
Lol, I'm talking about something else. Have you ever switched the language in Steam and looked into the xl or xl2 folders? If so, you should have seen the valve directory pop-up, hl2, [random_name_here]. The game is the first to take files from there when it starts. If you delete the _russian folder or stupidly switch the Steam language to English, then, of course, all settings and files buried in this folder will be lost. Therefore, in your readme, indicate that your Russian patch should be installed in the cryoffear_russian directory - this will allow you to quickly roll back the changes without harming the mod.

"inserted" into textures (tga files in the gfx / vgui folder)
All these notes, etc., in tga, or textures sewn into the cards, do not need to be translated, the text of the notes is indicated in the notes, in the form of subtitles. Anyway, no one will read unclear text on the texture when there is clear text at the bottom. The only cant of authors is a book with secrets, for which they did not subtitle, here you, most likely, will have to redraw the textures and pack them back into the model.

V
V. Kruger 22.02.21

Thank you, DDG, it really helped. The ending is very pleasing. Sow mach hait! And before- (or not before-?) The last card made me violently demand more. I didn't even think that Goldsource was capable of such a thing.
By the way, what's the catch of the doctor's regime? Run it all the way and get a camera?

Q
Qwertyus 22.02.21

xDDGx
Your wishes are understood, especially for those who like to switch languages, an "under-translation" will be filed in the incentive, since this is so important. Moreover, such an "under-translation" is already ready and posted. You can safely throw its contents into the cryoffear_russian folder and test. Then you yourself will see what will be in the game in Russian, and what will remain in English :).

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

By the way, what's the catch of the doctor's regime? Run it all the way and get a camera?
HZ, I tried it yesterday, died a couple of times and went to bed.

for those who like to switch languages ​​in the incentive will be filed "under-translation
And again you did not understand anything. You can put anything in the cryoffear_russian folder, you can completely replace any files without harm to the original ones. So you need to put in the _russian folder full-fledged translation, which implies "replacement" of files, and "under-translation" should be installed without replacing files directly into the cryoffear directory.

You can safely throw its contents into the cryoffear_russian folder and test.
Okay, let's try.

PS When you finish working on the translation, try to upload it to the PG, to the files. I warn you right away: it will take a long time to spread, it may take about 2 weeks. I can also provide you with a more or less "eternal" link, uploading it to your non-working site on the people (I use it instead of a file hosting service). There is, however, a small chance that it can be turned off. Better yet, you should contact the mod team and ask them to upload the translation to ModDB.

Q
Qwertyus 22.02.21

xDDGx
Let's think :).

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

By the way, it is not necessary to switch the language in the incentive itself, you can make yourself two .reg files and just activate one and the other (for pirates, of course, only this option is available). This is how the key for the Russian language looks like:
russian.regWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Valve Steam]
"Language" = "russian"

For English the same thing, only instead of russian - nothing, just quotes:
english.regWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Valve Steam]
"Language" = ""

But, of course, Steam itself will still have to be restarted.

edit
Hmm, hike, it won't work with KOF. After its launch, the registry entry changes, and the Language key becomes english ... The funny thing is that after exiting the mod, the original value is returned. The developers had to take such a step in order to implement their own language system.

T
TRuL9L9 22.02.21

hi
guys help the game does not plow gives an error !! cry of fear game

what to do?

T
Tupas 22.02.21

You do not run that way, you need to run CoFLaunchApp.exe.
It's somehow crooked at your place ...

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

Agree, what a shame? We do not know how to fashion halva normally. Aninstall KOF to hell, create an empty folder somewhere and put the mod in it, then cut out everything that appears there after installation (the cryoffear folder and a couple of dlls), and move it to the folder with the half (what for, it was only this folder called Cry of Fear, not Half-Life?: - / KOF is just a mod for HL). After that, go to the service -> folder properties (Tools -> Folder Options), remove the left panel to hell (why do you need it? It only interferes), and on the "view" tab, uncheck the "hide extensions for registered file types" ("hide extensions something there", if I'm not mistaken). Next, create a text file in the Khalfa folder, drive the following line there:

hl.exe -game CryOfFear -num_edicts 2047 -gl -32bpp

You may also need the parameters: -steam -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel
Save, change the file extension to * .bat, run it. It won't start - look for another half-life pirate or KSa, fresher (I wrote what you need above), or even better - buy a licensed Half-Life (it costs only $ 6), and put the mod on it. If you don't want to, or if you can't do all of the above, buy a license, no options.

user.scr
LOL, you would have started some thread .dll.

Q
Qwertyus 22.02.21

A version of the localization with full text translation has been released (with patching of maps and mod dll files). Download, test :). The address is the same:
http://cs-mapping.com.ua/forum/showthread.php?t=32210

A
Antrix 22.02.21

Guys, who has a thread after killing the doctor? And then even I can't wait for the next series of Arthur's passage - I want to see for myself what is there and how :)

R
Russian Nabigatel 22.02.21

Hey you seem to have beguiled the game

M
Morgray 22.02.21

Cry of Fear is a global modification for the first Half Life, it was released just about a month ago. So, in general, no, he did not confuse the game :)

PS Modification, by the way, is very good, I advise you to play.

A
Antrix 22.02.21

The person with the nickname Valve_rus was either mistaken, or his nickname is really associated with a tap (since it's a sin not to know about such a fashion for such a great game) :).

Morgray
Yes, I know that the mod is just awesome ... but since I had watched Arthur's (BlackSilverUfa) walkthrough on YouTube up to this point (before the doctor) and stopped right there, I would just like to continue. But, as I understand it, either no one reached it, or they already managed to delete the game along with the saves :)

R
Russian Nabigatel 22.02.21

Sorry :)