3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sanya Groks 22.02.21 03:23 am

Cry of Fear Mod (Half-Life)

I've been waiting for them for a long time. What do you think will not come out?
126 Comments
Sort by:
x
xDDGx 22.02.21

but since I had watched Arthur's (BlackSilverUfa) YouTube walkthrough up to this point (before the doctor)
D: How could you ?! * facepalm * You have no forgiveness. Go back to your YouTube, especially since, as far as I remember, after the murder of the doctor, a very small piece remains with the return of the GG to hometown and the battle with the boss, which you are unlikely to cope with due to the fact that you are not familiar with game mechanics. And, for your information, there are several endings in the mod, so you have at least one reason to go through the mod normally.

P
Psychiator Vertigo 22.02.21

Played Cry of Fear yesterday.
Hmm, and someone else stuttered that goldsrc is not a cake? The graphics here are not much worse than in prototype (I think it's not worth comparing the age of both engines), and the weapon is generally worked out remarkably, no worse, if not better, than in hl2. The animation of the characters is slightly crooked, but it is quite tolerable. Moreover, when they once again want to break your head with a hammer, you somehow do not really consider who it is and how he moves. The voice acting is also quite at the level. A shot is a shot, not the rustling of a curtain, as in some call of duty. (True, I only heard the Glock, but oh well, I think the rest of the bullet is no worse.)
And the most important thing is the atmosphere. This is a good, useful horror story. I really like the moments with "screamers" - an old, cheap trick, but how effective! Opponents are somewhat slow-moving, move with sharp jerks in your direction, and, what is especially good, their appearance is often predictable. By carefully peering around corners, you can often spot the enemy before he sees you. And this predictability is good because at the very moment when you worked out the tactics and relaxed .... ANY FUCK WITH KNIVES INSTEAD OF HANDS IS KNOCKING OUT THE DOOR! Right behind, for six hours! You fire, fire, fire and waste the whole clip! She has already stuck knives in her throat, and chokes with blood, and you still press the trigger .... ffuhhh fought back. Or this option: You calmly approach the door, holding a mobile phone with a flashlight in your hand (well, as soon as you open the door, After all, they do not attack, yes, it is better to inspect everything). The door opens .... AND HERE A HAMMER ON THE BALDE NNAA !! What didn’t expect ?! You have to be quicker, my golden one!
Finally, a huge attention to detail, which greatly complements the atmosphere. Bloody notes that can give any clues, interactive interaction with objects (combination locks, computers, televisions). Lots of cutscenes. The inventory has been worked out. An excellent and functional character control system (taking into account endurance, evasion from a blow ... There is not enough opportunity to look around the corner, but this is even good for a horror movie - you will be more attentive). Even if you put a mobile phone in your pocket with a flashlight on, there will still be a little light in complete darkness! By the way, another plus for a mobile phone is that in some games, where a character suddenly finds himself in the wilderness, he must have a flashlight with him, and even such a healthy one. From where? And here, after all, a household item.
Conclusion: It's worth playing.
PS If someone has problems installing the mod, download the repack from torrents. Everything is included there - and half-life is what you need, etc. I personally read what DDG wrote about the requirements for pirates, did not want to pay for the license, and decided that it was worth doing this, everything works for me. There are quite a few glitches.

M
Misha111 22.02.21

where is the code for the padlock ...

P

In the computer.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

Really, I only heard the Glock.
How is it? Did you use any other weapon?

Right behind the back
Honestly, over time, the appearance of the enemy behind the back becomes boring and not so much frightening as annoying.

Even if you put a mobile phone in your pocket with a flashlight on, there will still be a little light in complete darkness!
Yuzai Dual Wield, GG will hold the glock and mobile phone at the same time. The downside is that you cannot recharge (but then you can find a tactical flashlight for the Glock that will not interfere with reloading) - you have to remove the flashlight, and it does not work with all guns.

In the computer.
S, this phrase can be understood as irony. Misha111, walk carefully, in a small area you will find two leaves - with a username and a password, they need to be entered into a computer in a small cafe or something like that, on the same square.

P

Like this? Did you use any other weapon?

Moreover, he simply did not reach another. I stopped at the guy I killed with a chainsaw. I just follow your advice and at the same time "gourmet" - ie I play a little and only at night alone. Of course I want to listen to the Shotgun in the game. The smodredux 6 sound for the M3 was my favorite. He shoots right there with anguish, as if the powder gases even squeal flying out of the barrel. I won't go into the folder with sounds, it's more interesting to look at it in general.

I am still just mastering the two-handed mode - I'm used to using one thing.

I liked the kids from the opponents.
And also these psychotic women in shrouds - if I'm not mistaken, they make you shoot yourself in the head, if you don't resist, jabbing at the mouse button.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

And also these psychotic women in shrouds - if I'm not mistaken, they make you shoot yourself in the head, if you don't resist, jabbing at the mouse button.
Yes, the original opponent%) It's quite easy to die in Coffee - in this it reminds of Silent Hill 3, which is very unpleasant in this regard. But, oddly enough, in Coffee the ease of death for some reason does not irritate ... Perhaps because that there are many saves in the game.

T
TRuL9L9 22.02.21

gifts guys well, like I did everything as they said the game crashes
(I go through half) well, in short, only the menu is loaded and then abruptly flies out in 10 seconds
what to do?

T
Tupas 22.02.21

I go through half
through Change game or what? It's better not to do this, you just need to run it with the -game cryoffear parameters.
What version do you have?

P
Paukanych 22.02.21

The graphics shocked me - on such an ancient and wretched engine, to muddy up almost realistic lighting - all that remains is to tighten the shadows in real time :-), the iridescent water is almost at the level of chl2 - I don't even want to compare it with water on de_aztec, and the animation of the monsters is very bad ... The first monster scared me for the first time, perhaps since Silent Hill2.
Also, the mod is much more demanding than the first half and counter, on Dual-core E2140 / 1500RAM / 8600GT fps sometimes drops below 60, to 30-40.

T
TRuL9L9 22.02.21

well, like that
version 3
well, I often write errors

T
TRuL9L9 22.02.21

well, like that
version 3
well, I often write errors

T
Tupas 22.02.21

What is "version 3"? Enter version into the console and copy what it writes here.
And what mistakes does he often write?

T
TRuL9L9 22.02.21

so with the errors I figured out now the problem with the menu I
press to start the game, it loads something and does not enter and so before the menu everything is normal,
help me pliz !!!

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

Also, the mod is much more demanding than the first half and counter, on Dual-core E2140 / 1500RAM / 8600GT fps sometimes drops below 60, to 30-40.
I have about the same config, the fps is similar, but actually, in the video settings, the effects are easy to disable.

I press to start the game, it loads something and does not come in, and so everything is normal until the menu.
You need to start the game from the 2D menu. HZ, how to do this, you can't use the launcher. Try adding the + map c_intro parameter to start the game right away.

And you still haven't named the version of your game. Tupas has already explained to you how to do this.

T
TRuL9L9 22.02.21

Launch version 3
in the game writes version 1.0
did not help

T
TRuL9L9 22.02.21

here is the
download and nothing happens,
let the smart guy write what to do?

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

Launch version 3
in the game writes version 1.0
Are you a Turk, or what? In CL, go in and enter the version command in the console and copy what appears in it. And start CoF with the + map c_intro parameter to start the game right away, so that the 3D back is not loaded.

x
xDDGx 22.02.21

Take away your stupid screen nafig, +700 kb to the topic. And enough multi-posting.

T
TRuL9L9 22.02.21

Protocol version 47
Exe version 1.1.2.0 (valve)
Exe build: 10:56:59 Oct 3 2005 (32