3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 19.03.21 10:35 pm

Sharing opinions (Painkiller: Resurrection)

The plot, as always, is not the main thing. But he is here. We will be told a tearful story about CIA agent Wilde Bill Sherman, who again ends up in purgatory and starts a war against Hell. Why "tearful"? Well, if only because Bill will thunder into the next world trying to save a bus packed to the top with schoolchildren, who at the wrong time decided to take a ride near the place where our criminal had planted the explosives.
The main precepts of the progenitor have been carefully transferred to Painkiller: Resurrection - the screenshots, frankly, show the same life bars as in the original game. Hordes of demons, a decent set of weapons and uncomplicated gameplay of the Doom and Quake era are provided.
As provided in Painkiller: Resurrection, there is a multiplayer that includes all the edits and modifications from Cyberathlete's Professional League in their PK ++ mod, and a "co-op". Yes, yes, in the new part we are lucky enough to clear the spacious levels of demons side by side with our friends.
163 Comments
Sort by:
K
K_Fe 19.03.21

yes, it seems like it should today, tomorrow it will probably be)

E
EVIL PLAYER 19.03.21

EXTINGUISHING EXTINGUISHING ALL DO NOT EXTINGUISH EXTINGUISHING EXTINGUISHING ALL DO NOT EXTINGUISH LIVE POWER BITC !!!!

K
Keks 19.03.21

tomorrow it will probably be
Aha, now it has already appeared. :)

R
RadeonX1950 19.03.21

We are already pulling)

K
K_Fe 19.03.21

well, who played ?? how is game??)

C
ClubN 19.03.21

Amicably downloading from torrents !!!!

T
Thor324 19.03.21

2 more hours and it's done, if the game is at the level of the 1st part I will go through then

X
Xander1993 19.03.21

I played the full version. Eh, it looks like all the good and the positive was tamped into the demo, and the rest was filled ... ahem ... well, not what it should have. Monstrously long loading of levels, unjustified brakes, vague locations, darkened as much as possible with unclear purpose - all this is only a small part of the "charms" of this product. The only positive point is music, but it does not save the day. During the game, we constantly listen to Shermann's dialogues with some girl. Apparently, with an angel. It sounds extremely fake. , you can't even put Belial from Overdose next to the black humor. The Bestiary is also not impressive - our old acquaintances Monks-With-Axes plus a "novelty" - upright gorillas throwing fireballs. Moreover, a separate relish-model of these comrades is so interestingly introduced into the game that do not even undergo dismemberment. we throw a grenade from a hammer into the crowd, all the monks will be torn to shreds, and the gorillas will seizurely fall to the ground and twitch in convulsions until they dissolve in the air. Plus you have to quite often rush through obscure labyrinths, often trying in vain to jump on some bump for about 5 minutes. In Battle Out Of Hell there was something similar with abysses, when you had to jump a lot and often, moreover, using a bunny, everything is much However, I have not tried the co-op mode yet, but, to be honest, there is absolutely no desire to re-run resurrection.exe. Better to install the very first Painkiller again and shoot the evil spirits from the shotgun and the hammer.and gorillas will seizurely fall to the ground and twitch in convulsions until they dissolve in the air. However, in the pluses you can add new rivals - hellish mongrels who jump on the player and try to slobber to gnaw him. Plus, you have to rush around obscure labyrinths quite often, often in vain trying to jump on some kind of bump for about 5 minutes. In Battle Out Of Hell there was something similar with abysses, when you had to jump a lot and often, moreover, using a jump, everything is much worse right there. However, I have not tried the co-op mode yet, but, To be honest, there is absolutely no desire to re-run resurrection.exe. Better to install the very first Painkiller again and shoot evil spirits from a shotgun and a hammer.and the gorillas will seizurely fall to the ground and twitch in convulsions until they dissolve in the air. However, in the pluses you can add new rivals - hellish mongrels who jump on the player and try to slobber up to gnaw him. Plus you have to rush around obscure mazes quite often in vain trying to jump on some kind of bump for about 5 minutes. In Battle Out Of Hell there was something similar with abysses, when you had to jump a lot and often, moreover, using a jump, everything is much worse right there. However, I have not tried the co-op mode yet, but, To be honest, there is absolutely no desire to re-run resurrection.exe. Better to install the very first Painkiller again and shoot evil spirits from a shotgun and a hammer.who jump on the player and try to slobber to gnaw him. Plus, you have to rush around obscure labyrinths quite often, often trying in vain to jump on some kind of bump for about 5 minutes. In Battle Out Of Hell there was something similar with abysses, when you had to jump a lot and often, moreover using the jump, everything is much worse. However, I have not tried the co-op mode yet, but, to be honest, there is absolutely no desire to re-run resurrection.exe. I'd better install the very first Painkiller again and shoot the evil spirits from the shotgun and the hammer.who jump on the player and try to slobber to gnaw at him. Plus you have to rush around obscure labyrinths quite often, often trying in vain to jump on some kind of bump for 5 minutes. In Battle Out Of Hell there was something similar with abysses, when you had to jump a lot and often, moreover using the jump, everything is much worse. However, I have not tried the co-op mode yet, but, to be honest, there is absolutely no desire to re-run resurrection.exe. I'd better install the very first Painkiller again and shoot the evil spirits from the shotgun and the hammer.I have not tried the co-op mode yet, but, to be honest, there is absolutely no desire to re-run resurrection.exe. Better to install the very first Painkiller again and shoot evil spirits from a shotgun and a hammer.I have not tried the co-op mode yet, but, to be honest, there is absolutely no desire to re-run resurrection.exe. Better to install the very first Painkiller again and shoot evil spirits from a shotgun and a hammer.

R
RadeonX1950 19.03.21

As I thought ... but I only pull because of the music. Especially if you say that she is normal.

g
garik699 19.03.21

Shit game! I downloaded it for 5 hours, played for 30 minutes and deleted it to hell! I can't understand how all the parts of the pankiller differ from each other? the same thing, but there is no plot! Better wait for the crack for Saw! My opinion is not to rock the pinkiller, money and traffic to the moon!

R
RadeonX1950 19.03.21

Well, who shakes - he is most likely bezlemite)

T
Thor324 19.03.21

nd even now, I don’t know if the Intellect of mobs would have played it this way, it’s just that I’ve seen this for the first time (1 one of the vapsche burned stupidly with a tenu pearl and it was impossible to kill her, and she herself did not attack uhhahahah)

Z
ZaraZ 19.03.21

Passed the first level. overall not bad:
+ liked the level design.
+ returned the power of damage as in the original, and not in Overdose.
+ secrets are better hidden than in Overdose, found 3 out of 7, but didn't run after killing all monsters.
+ hares of the plot, revealed through the dialogues of the GG and the angel-with-a-female-voice.
+ quickload is much faster.

- music sucks again, fighting "mitol" from tyts-tyts-tuts on high tones to monotonous guitar distortion and ambient someone's under-shouting ... pfffff
- initial comic ... oooh horrorsss ... even in Overdose the intro was better.
- a new monster, painted gorillas, very often fall into the floor, twitch convulsively after death and do not dismember.
- GG, when he falls, groans like an ejaculating woman, even funny.
- only 7 or 8 levels ??? omg, and this is a paid game ...
- the weapon is old, the splitter and the paintiller are at the level.
- passed the level, killed 198 out of 199. are there really problems with the counter, like in Overdose?
- at the next quickload, the game fell out onto the worktable, displaying an empty Fatal Error window.

after the mentioned Fatal Error did not sit down to play yet. overall better than Overdose, but damn 7-8 levels in total.

C
ClubN 19.03.21

I played ... regular Painkiller as Painkiller

H
Hunter Stalker 19.03.21

I started playing, I was surprised that the graphics are the same as in 2004 for the first Painkiller. In 2004 it looked cool, but now it's already pathetic, despite the fact that everything is absolutely set to the maximum. I also didn’t like the first level, its design ... some kind of holes in the ground, then another spiral staircase that you can climb up. It amused that the enemies sometimes respawn on each other's shoulders, like acrobats))) The damage system is buggy, the enemies then fall apart, or not at all.

Probably all the same, this is a game for fans made, because in 2009 already I do not experience such drive and pleasure from destroying enemies as in 2004 ... since the game has changed very little, maybe even for the worse.

K
K_Fe 19.03.21

I won't say anything bad about the game, only one thing, nothing has been added to the game ... except for new levels, and the most important thing, I think, is a cooperative (still in search of it))
and so absolutely the same paintiller

X
Xander1993 19.03.21

In general, it was possible to do this:
1. Take the Painkiller of the 2004 model.
2. Add new monsters and a couple of new chapters.
3.Add co-op and new weapons.
4. Either TOTALLY update the graphics to the current standards, or leave EVERYTHING as it was.
And the result would be an excellent remake of a la Chronicles Of Riddick 2009, which would drag on the fans by its very existence, and at the same time attract new fans to the series.

R
RadeonX1950 19.03.21

I downloaded it, played it ... it's not even for fans of the old Painkiller series - there is no drive.
Music ... a couple of tracks are taken from the original, more than half from Overdose. The rest is complete nonsense, also with a quality of 64 kb / s)))
The game, as I understand it, has more than one ending - in the folder with video there are 3 outro files.
Taking money for Ressurection is nonsense. This is a MOD.
In short, I already demolished this garbage. With trepidation I took out Painkiller + Painkiller Battle out of hell, dusting on the shelf))
PS: All that has been said is my IMHO and personal observations (about music)

[
[-Alex-] 19.03.21

IMHO such a UG that for Painkiller it is a shame ...

B
B.Obama 19.03.21

I agree with the previous authors, this Painkiller is a stale commodity for old fans, nothing new and fresh.