3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
snowball 20.07.21 01:42 am

What's missing in modern games?

Although I'm not that many years old, I played a lot of old games, and I feel that the games were better before ... I don't know what to do ... Damn: stupid: Express your opinion.
124 Comments
Sort by:
-
-Mag 20.07.21

nd. everything is enough for them. the games do not stand still and go ahead and will go. I do not expect science fiction, to find a realist.

P.S. Geori 3 and Doom1 - different fields of berries, I found what to give as an example ...

S
SOmni 20.07.21

Maybe the age was receptive ... or revolutionary games at that time ... I don't understand myself, and to hell with him. The main thing is the feeling that you get when you remember this ... :)

s
snowball 20.07.21

[quote name = "$ Mag"] P.S. Geori 3 and Dum1 - different fields of berries, I found what to give as an example ... [/ quote]
Well, why? They are still on sale. Despite the fact that Geori3 came out in 99th (and additions (official) up to 2002), and dum1 in as much as 93th.

T
The REAL 20.07.21

[quote name = "Renar"] Not aged business. I missed RE1-3 and MGS1 at one time, and recently just for fun bought an xbox and ps2 - and then I was covered. A good game is a good game, just like a good movie or book. [/ quote]
That is, I correctly understood that you played in RE1-3 and MGS1 on PS2 ???
The games were certainly good, but at one time ... Their time is long gone.
I can't force myself to play a game in which the graphics are below a certain level, even though this cool game was not in the past.

[size = 75] Added on Nov 10, 2005, 16:59: [/ size]

[quote name = "SOmni"] Maybe the age was receptive ... or revolutionary games at that time ... I don't understand myself, and hell with him. The main thing is the feeling that you get when you remember this ... :) [/ quote]
I remember an anecdote about a new Russian:
[i] Two new Russians meet before the new year. One says
- Here I bought Christmas decorations, and they are fake.
- How did you determine that it was a fake?
- I came home, hung it on the tree, but they do not please ... [/ i] [/ i]

-
-Mag 20.07.21

[quote name = "snowball"] [quote name = "$ Mag"] P.S. Geori 3 and Dum1 - different fields of berries, I found what to give as an example ... [/ quote]
Well, why? They are still on sale. Despite the fact that Geori3 came out in the 99th (and the additions (official) up to 2002), and dum1 in as much as 93. [/ quote]

I know what I'm talking about - there is a Hero and they are taken, Nobody needs Doom !! !

t
the end 20.07.21

Games lack realism and clarity of the boundaries of the game world.

F
FEB 20.07.21

I believe that the atmosphere in the game is the most important thing. (SH1,2; Still Life, etc.)

L
Leider 20.07.21

[b] Snowball [/ b] violation of the rules of clause 2.1.5, repeated. The entire offtopic will rub, and that's not all) Let's get down to business.

R
Requel 20.07.21

I think they lack a twisted plot, although now there are very good games. But still, sometimes I don't mind playing an old Resident-type toy!

L
Leider 20.07.21

Well, why should something be missing? In my opinion, everything is OK, the games just change, and if you liked the old ones, it doesn't mean that the new ones suck)

F
FEB 20.07.21

Nobody says the new ones suck. After all, everyone plays and rejoices like children. Nostalgia just tortured ....
PS The gaming industry has taken a huge step forward, the flag is in its hands !!!

U
Urza 20.07.21

example of TEC3 and its fashion. KotOR, Warcraft 3, Black and White 2, Civilka 4. What are these bad games?

S
Sonic Son'edith 20.07.21

[quote name = "$ Mag"] [quote name = "snowball"] [quote name = "$ Mag"] P.S. Geori 3 and Dum1 - different fields of berries, I found what to give as an example ... [/ quote]
Well, why? They are still on sale. Despite the fact that Geori3 came out in the 99th (and the additions (official) up to 2002), and dum1 in as much as 93. [/ quote]

I know what I'm talking about - there is a Hero and they are taken, Nobody needs Doom !! ! [/ quote]

while I'm playing lagfors down in dum2: gigi:
but I rarely started playing Heroes now ... maybe I'll start again in VoG when I finish FF8 and nocturnal vision ...

[size = 75] Added 12 Nov 2005, 11:16 am: [/ size]

2 all
I agree with several of the last posts - if the games change it does not mean that they are awesome, but:
think about how many financial projects have now become, in which not souls are not qualities. this - the same before! yes dum3 without a soul. but it is made with high quality!
and now you go to the kiosks - and you just want to cry. some kind of left-handed shooters, rpgshki curves, semi-unfinished without ideology ..... where does all this come from ?!

ZY
for some reason it seems to me that HellGate will be a good game ... if it will also tighten like diablo and as meaty as a paintiller ... who knows ... maybe I'll abandon the lineup :)

s
snowball 20.07.21

I remembered 3 more brilliant examples: Starcraft, Fallout (1,2), and one of the games that had the greatest impact on the entire industry, setting the tone for games for another 15 years - the great, terrible and mighty TETRIS!

J
Jank 20.07.21

Modern games today have enough. The gaming industry "blooms and smells" ie. is developing. Of course, because of this, a lot of all kinds of "garbage" appeared, but after all, you can not play it, but simply bypass it. :)

T
The REAL 20.07.21

Gentlemen, go to Fahrenheit and close this topic right away :)

R
Raipper 20.07.21

[quote name = "The REAL"] Gentlemen, go to Fahrenheit and close this topic right away:) [/ quote]

Although I go to 100 Fahrenheit, I will always love retro games: razz:.

This is a great game, I admit it. But there are not so many such games, a lot of trash, which in advertising use such words as "killer **", "In the best tradition **", "From the creators **", etc. They also deceive players by postponing the release date 200 times, releasing raw games, riveting add-ons and parts 2-3-4, without really changing anything. Developers lack conscience, that's what :)

O
Olex 20.07.21

Lack of new ideas! Only sequels, prequels, with minor changes, improvements ...
Everyone is tired of the same type of FPS, action games ... RPGs .....
Developers need to strive to introduce something new to the market ...
A good example ... Nintendogs and Fahrenheit.

s
snowball 20.07.21

[offtopic] I must say that VAT is a great platform with a bunch of really original games. The same nintendogs. It seems like a tamagotchi, like a tamagotchi, but you can see that we haven’t seen such a tamagotchi yet (though I didn’t play it personally: sad :) [/ offtopic]

T
The REAL 20.07.21

[quote name = "Raipper"] But there are not so many games like that, there are no trash games that use such words as "killer **", "In the best tradition **", "From the creators **", etc. in advertising. P. They also deceive players by postponing the release date 200 times, releasing raw games, riveting add-ons and parts 2-3-4, without really changing anything. Developers lack conscience, that's what :) [/ quote]

On the contrary, ten years ago I went to the market and chose cartridges at random by a picture and a name like "FBI Agent 4". As a result, I didn't like 80% of the games.
And now there is the Internet, screenshots, videos, forums - and I already know in advance which game to buy so that I like it. Of course, there are disappointments - but their order is less than before.