3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
snowball 20.07.21 01:42 am

What's missing in modern games?

Although I'm not that many years old, I played a lot of old games, and I feel that the games were better before ... I don't know what to do ... Damn: stupid: Express your opinion.
124 Comments
Sort by:
T
The REAL 20.07.21

1) I asked about age, and not how many years someone has played :)
2) If you follow your logic that the game world developed for a long time and began to "dry up", then it turns out that literature (since here they are compared with it), painting, etc. etc. should have "run dry" back in Ancient Greece :)
Games, cinema - all this is art in my opinion, so there are masterpieces and mediocrity. And it DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE YEAR OF THE GAME IS IN ANY WAY. Whether it's 1995 or 2005.

[size = 75] Added on Nov 28, 2005, 11:51 am: [/ size]

[quote name = "$ Mag"]
when you read the book (if this happened and is happening - which I hope otherwise it's pointless to discuss the plot) - see the graphics, or the processor ???
[/ quote]
Books are books and games are games. Well, I'm not suggesting you visit the silent cinema of 1915 :)

-
-Mag 20.07.21

>>> If you follow your logic that the game world has been developing for a long time and began to "dry up",

you follow the trend ... many episodes are "darn". what an idea is - I'm talking about their lack, and not about games in general, many modern games do not know. we are trying to feed the schedule more abruptly, etc. people sit and discuss what is the level of anti-aliasing in this game ... but this is not from a good life. 20 pages will be spent on this AA or that AI, but not the words about the idea or the plot.

>>> Books are books, and games are games. Well, I'm not suggesting that you visit the silent cinema of 1915,

you don't have to rush to extremes :-) I want to get the feeling of an interactive movie or a book from the game. because this is what I am trying to achieve. Fahrenheit is good. although graphically - nothing special. but what a performance.
I want plot muddled in the FF7 genre (and the whole series), MGS? Chrono Trigger & Cross, Xenogears. the first pair are known, but have you played in the last? there is no such thing now - and hence the conclusion is clear.

[offtopic] what does Ancient Greece have to do with it ??? do you see outstanding works now? I see a bunch of cheap books ala Alexander Marinia. and that's it ... [/ offtopic]

[size = 75] Added on Nov 28, 2005, 14:17: [/ size]

>>> Games, cinema - all this is art in my opinion, so there are masterpieces and mediocrity. And it DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE YEAR OF THE GAME IS IN ANY WAY.

yes, something may be born, but the range of possibilities is narrowing ... uniqueness is available less and less - in my opinion it is easy to understand. nobody says that everything. now games are horror. it's just about trends.

L
Leider 20.07.21

In my opinion, nothing terrible is happening. It's just that if your favorite games for a particular person came out a certain number of years ago, this does not mean that new ones are atstoy. It's just that the galaxy of brilliant developers and screenwriters has exhausted itself, they should be replaced by new geniuses, and in between, it's always empty - a transitional period. A good example of a smooth transition is Skvara. When the stagnation began, they teamed up with Enix, a fresh infusion began and as a result there was no stop in progress. Everyone would be so.

-
-Mag 20.07.21

>>> A good example of a smooth transition is Skvara. When the stagnation began, they teamed up with Enix, a fresh infusion began and as a result there was no stop in progress. Everyone would be so.

you can argue. I don't like this prefix! Enyx had a little bit of smart games ... it is. One only Grandia Extreme - sub-zaps. and part 3 is not better than 2, but worse. FM4 compared to 3 in span full, and that's not all in principle ...

L
Leider 20.07.21

Skvara and Enix are the two largest RPG suppliers to the market, you don't have to argue with that, but just accept)) The inventors of Dragon Quest and FF are together.

T
The REAL 20.07.21

I will be brief:
1) From the listed comrade. $ Mag I only had MGS, but I don't like stealth, so I looked at Uncle Snake and turned it off. I haven't played in FF, we don't have this in our city: (
2) Ancient Greece, despite the fact that comparing books and games is not the best parallel.
3) The circle of possibilities is not narrowing, but expanding thanks to progress and the same megahertz. Am I wrong?
4) The owners of consoles don't even know what anti-aliasing is :)

L
Leider 20.07.21

=== 4) The owners of consoles do not even know what anti-aliasing is

[offtopic] I am the owner of the console as well as how many other GM users, and I know what AA is, so don’t offend us) [/ offtopic]

T
The REAL 20.07.21

[quote name = "Leider"] === 4) The owners of consoles don't even know what antialiasing is

[offtopic] I am the owner of the console as well as xs how many GM users, and I know what AA is, so don't offend us) [/ offtopic ] [/ quote]
Yes, not in that sense, dear :) Although my classmate Roma, who changed a bunch of prefixes, but did not have a PC, I think he does not even suspect what shaders are :)

-
-Mag 20.07.21

>>> From the above comrade. $ Mag I only had MGS, but I don't like stealth, so I looked at Uncle Snake and turned it off. The FF unplayable, in our city there is no such

you're very right picked up smile, for this is not clear to you, and what might be plot and what might. ideas. there are twists and turns, and philosophy, and even religion ... and much more! Uncle Snake does not take stealth - to evaluate you need to pass.

>>> The range of possibilities is not narrowing, but expanding thanks to progress and the same megahertz. Am I wrong?

those. from the fact that you can spend 10,000 polygons on a character instead of 100 gives you ideological superiority? I doubt it. maximum - this slightly expands the range of possibilities

Conclusion - the hope of modern and future games is an approximation to cinematic realism. to photorealistic graphics is hope. no games die, no way. but the quality is declining. we need new people! but for some reason they are not there ... just as there are no Pushkins, etc.

[offtopic] >>> Although my classmate Roma, who changed a bunch of prefixes,

I'm trying to match this phrase with your question about age and some kind of garbage turns out ...

* Olessia * 20.07.21

[quote name = "$ Mag"] >>> apparently, everyone has already forgotten how the dispute began,
I did not start, I joined - I could not calmly watch how the games were being rolled ...
[/ quote]
yeah, I can’t listen to unfounded statements "15 years ago there were no games with a plot": fight:
[quote name = "The REAL"] If you follow your logic that the game world developed for a long time and began to "dry up", then it turns out that literature (since here they compare ), painting, etc.
Games, cinema - all this art, in my opinion, should have "dried up" back in Ancient Greece , so there are masterpieces and mediocrity. And it DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE YEAR OF THE GAME IS IN ANY WAY. Whether it's 1995 or 2005. [/ Quote]
well, finally, he himself just refuted his statement that 15 years ago there were no games with a plot (see the 3rd page of the branch, if you suddenly forgot where the dispute began: lol :) the
consensus is complete: D hurray or something ...

[quote name = "$ Mag"]
[offtopic] >>> Although my classmate Roma, who changed a bunch of prefixes,

I'm trying to match this phrase with your question about age and some kind of garbage turns out ... [/ quote]
:-D it follows that further dispute does not make sense

T
The REAL 20.07.21

In short, dear evil fans of RPGs and quests - I am ready to agree with you that your favorite genres are deadlocked and "quality is decreasing" in them. You really convinced me of this. You won the argument :)
I can't argue with you. I have never played the games you mentioned.

[b] 2 * Olessia * [/ b]
What's so strange that a person and I went to the same school?

s
snowball 20.07.21

[offtopic] And I, damn it, did not return to the topic at all. I thought to write something, but all the plagiarism of the above will come out [/ offtopic]
In short, I think that the topic can be closed, you just need to draw the line. To deliver a verdict, so to speak.

* Olessia * 20.07.21

[quote name = "The REAL" ]
What's strange that we are with the man went to the same school [/ quote]?
Just think how old are you now, that you talk about the plot of games 15 years ago: upset: I'm then itself apart Dandy did not see anything, but she played these games 5 years later, still for some rushing :)

T
The REAL 20.07.21

Well, I'm now 23, I also started playing on Dandy, so it still seems to me that I already played the best games on this platform then. But this only seems to be :)
But I can't bring myself to play old stuff, no matter how hard I tried. Once I wanted to play MGS1 or RE1-3, for example, but time passed, and the opportunity appeared only a couple of years ago with the release of a good emulator. It seems to be cool games, but the graphics are not the same ...
The only thing that then went from start to finish on the emulator was Silent Hill-1.

* Olessia * 20.07.21

It's a matter of taste, when the game is good, if the plot is addictive, then the graphics are secondary, and when the game is shit, then the graphics will not pull it out either.

T
The REAL 20.07.21

Yes, it's not even the graphics specifically, but in the gameplay itself, so to speak ... Interactivity or something. For me, the game is really good, if you believe even a little in the reality of what is happening on the screen ... It's hard to describe :)

L
Leider 20.07.21

Enough about the graphics. Look at the name of the topic. If there is nothing more to say, the topic will have to be covered.

-
-Mag 20.07.21

>>> Interactivity or something. For me, the game is really good, if you even have a little faith in the reality of what is happening on the screen ... It's hard to describe

EyeToy, why don't you interact? Further - I want to expect interactivity from the console from Nin Revolution. I hope so and I am very interested, with their remote control they will allow the developers to introduce a lot of ideas, i.e. they will expand the range of these ideas.
but it's all about the gameplay. but still it will not add plot ideas!
Brilliant minds are needed. A good plot for me and for many is when you open your mouth with amazement after every next hour of the game. those. turns, philosophy, etc.

I am doing to evaluate trends by trail of moments (not ranked by importance):
- gameplay
- graphics
- idea (originality)
- plot
- atmosphere (a characteristic moment for some projects, especially horror genre, etc.)
- sound - right moment, here it depends on the talent of the composer and we will not trace the trends in the medium term.

>>> Enough about the graphics. Look at the name of the topic. If there is nothing more to say, the topic will have to be covered.

and graphics are not an element of the game? everything on the topic ...
someone considers one factor fundamental, someone else ... elementary. And I think there is no need to close anything, the topic is actually relevant, and I hope there will be people still willing to speak out!
Of course, this does not say that those who wish will use monosyllabic phrases, I want argumentation :-)

T
The REAL 20.07.21

According to the tendencies proposed by $ Mag in modern games:
- gameplay has improved in most games
- graphics - no questions asked :)
- originality has generally diminished, this is a fact.
- the plot remained basically the same.
- the atmosphere is an order of magnitude better (I associate this with graphics and sound)
- the sound has become more realistic, but the music in games has become worse (my subjective opinion, except for SH2 or TC: Street of LA)

[size = 75] Added on 02 Dec 2005 , 13:20: [/ size]

PS
Uv. [b] Leider [/ b], you are either a big joker, or you understand very narrowly the topic of the topic (and not only this I remember), which does not do you credit.

L
Leider 20.07.21

I perfectly understand the topic of the topic, I just counted in this topic 13 posts of the content "the schedule was a thing before", "but the matter is not in the schedule", "yes, the old migrations are terrible" ...
SOME of the same stuff, and with monosyllabic posts. Delirium is shorter.

the REAL, [offtopic] you are from words to deeds - for example, let’s give me something else, you’re our joker)) We need to follow our words ... [/ offtopic]
[offtopic] I hope you don’t need to add that on the last point the answer in PM?)) [/ offtopic]