3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
snowball 20.07.21 01:42 am

What's missing in modern games?

Although I'm not that many years old, I played a lot of old games, and I feel that the games were better before ... I don't know what to do ... Damn: stupid: Express your opinion.
124 Comments
Sort by:
R
Raipper 20.07.21

[quote name = "The REAL"] On the contrary, it was ten years ago I went to the market and randomly selected cartridges by a picture and a name like "FBI Agent 4". As a result, I didn't like 80% of the games.
And now there is the Internet, screenshots, videos, forums - and I already know in advance which game to buy so that I like it. Of course, there are disappointments - but their order is less than before. [/ Quote]

Just before, it was possible to determine by the picture / name that the game is a shield :). And now a bunch of nice screenshots, nice words, and the like, and in the end -: dn:

W
Warge 20.07.21

[b] For Raipper [/ b]: yes, it is still possible. You need to look at the developer's site. This will say a lot. Are there diaries, screenshots, concept art, videos from the game.
Vivisector - by no means "hooked", and there is no desire to buy. You are empty - I'm waiting. Indigo Prophecy is good. ProjectOffset - there is art, but it says a lot, although ... maybe pop will come out.
You just need to filter the cheap PR and "the mustache will be in order." eight)

p
psychopath 20.07.21

I have no problems with the hardware,
I mean that there will be enough to emulate anything + pc games
as such + N64, but
I am still crazy about the game I downloaded from sandpipers for n64 "Star Soldier"! being spoiled by
HQ I all this to the fact that something is missing in games or
not, it does not matter, because it all depends on the individual aesthetic
perception, those graphs can be as simple as a mop, but
then you will be delighted! and this is the main thing in my opinion !?

PS- I have the ability to watch a cartoon about Barbie and
play Postal2 at the same time and with the same pleasure!

PPS-out of decency found the cards as such! :-D

T
The REAL 20.07.21

No, dude - count is almost 90% of the success of the game. What
kind of aesthetic perception ... And only fanatics of this game play in old Doom-1 type.

PS By the way, the PC platform, in my opinion, is the leader in the output of game debris. In this regard, the set-top boxes differ favorably, but not all of them are emulated.

F
Fat ninja 20.07.21

> No, dude - the graph is almost 90 percent of the success of the game

megalol, the graph for normal people is just a pleasant trifle in addition to the game. as an example, I can cite Rez - a brilliant game, graphics, the visual range can be called a stretch.

s
snowball 20.07.21

I can name a thousand games with f *** ing graphics that have always been played and will always be played!
PS I play Doom1, so what? I'm not a fanatic.

S
Sonic Son'edith 20.07.21

[quote name = "snowball"] I can name a thousand games with x *** graphics that have always been played and will always be played!
PS I play Doom1, so what? I'm not a fanatic. [/ Quote]
I play doom 2 too!
In general, I really like old games.
By the way, the graphics for me is the last indicator, although there are exceptions - there are more opportunities in WoW, a better role-playing system and generally a broader and richer world, but I play the line. I can not transfer [i] style [/ i] graphics to WoW.

[offtopic] By the way, about the doom I run through Legacy, I have all my thoughts there, but the fan work "doom3" does not work - do you have it by chance? [/ offtopic]

R
Raipper 20.07.21

[quote name = "The REAL"] No, dude - counting is almost 90% of the success of the game. What
kind of aesthetic perception ... And only fanatics of this game play in old Doom-1 type.

PS By the way, the PC platform, in my opinion, is the leader in the output of game debris. In this regard, prefixes compare favorably, but not all of them are emulated. [/ Quote]

Nonsense! Graphics 90% success? Ha! Then demo videos would steer the market incredibly: gigi :.
It can be seen that the person grew up (?) On "modern" games: roll:

T
The REAL 20.07.21

[quote name = "Raipper"]
Nonsense! Graphics 90% success? Ha! Then demo videos would steer the market incredibly: gigi :.
It can be seen that a person grew up (?) On "modern" games: roll: [/ quote]
Well, everyone has their own perception of graphics ... Why did Far Cry once become the game of the year? Is there any new plot or original gameplay? Or Dum-3 and Hal Life 2 did not become hits? After all, in all these games, one plot, in principle, is not new for a long time ...

Time passes, and once it seemed to me decent graphics on Dandy, but now you cannot force me to play the game even with the first Playstation. As do most gamers.

W
Warge 20.07.21

[quote name = "The REAL"] Time passes, and once I thought the graphics on Dandy were decent, but now you can't force me to play the game even with the first Playstation. Like most gamers. [/ Quote]
Don't speak for everyone.
"[i] Nobody plays! Me and a couple of my friends. So nobody at all! [/ i]" - sounds good, right? : razz:

S
Sonic Son'edith 20.07.21

[quote name = "The REAL"] [quote name = "Raipper"]
It can be seen that a person grew up (?) On "modern" games: roll: [/ quote]
Well, everyone has their own perception of graphics ... Why did Far Cry once become the game of the year? Is there any new plot or original gameplay? Or Dum-3 and Hal Life 2 did not become hits? After all, in all these games, one plot, in principle, is not new for a long time ...

Time passes, and once it seemed to me decent graphics on Dandy, but now you cannot force me to play the game even with the first Playstation. Like most gamers. [/ Quote]

Far Cry is Bug of the Year! I had to look for such a glitchy game ..... graphics .... lag that's what I saw there. I only liked the opportunity to ride a transport and that's all. about Duma3 - IMHO, clearly not a hit :) but about HL2 - you shouldn't, the plot there is clearly better than Duma and Fakray.

"most gamers" :-D
I'm currently going through Desert Strike with Shining Force 1 and Dungeon Siege 2.
And I doubt that you played Strike or Force, and even more so that you passed them. Grow faster, learn to distinguish candy wrapper from candy. : wink:

[offtopic] cool flash drive, also with music from FFVIII. : up:
[url = http: //www.multgames.onru.ru/multgames/multopen/220.html] http://www.multgames.onru.ru/multgames/ ... n / 220.html [/ url]
[url = http: //www.multgames.onru.ru/multgames/multopen/266.html] http://www.multgames.onru.ru/multgames/ ... n / 266.html [/ url] [ / offtopic]

L
Leider 20.07.21

Oh oh ... I honestly like it when the graphics are beautiful, sleek and all that, but it absolutely pales before the interest of the game. Recently, for no apparent reason, I got stuck on Rock'n'Roll Racing, and if someone says that this game is an attoya, I'll just laugh in my face, and the graphics are Segovian)

V
Victorsson 20.07.21

[offtopic] [quote name = "Sonic Son'edit"]
[offtopic] By the way, about the thought I run through Legacy, I have all my thoughts there, but the fan work "doom3" does not work - you don't have it by chance? [/ offtopic] [/ quote ]
What kind of fan work is D3? Can you give me a link? [/ Offtopic]

S
Sonic Son'edith 20.07.21

[quote name = "Victorsson"] [offtopic] [quote name = "Sonic Son'edit"]
[offtopic] By the way, about the thought I run through Legacy, I have all my thoughts there, but the fan work "doom3" does not work - you do not accidentally ? [/ offtopic] [/ quote]
What kind of D3 fan work? Can't you tell me the link? [/ Offtopic] [/ quote]
[offtopic] search in Google Legacy, in the found Doom.
that's where the Launcher for .WAD is there and she was.
so by the way there is such an interesting option - Solid Corpses - I turned it on .... and ruined the level - the corpses filled up the passage: gigi: [/ offtopic]

T
The REAL 20.07.21

[quote name = "Warge"] [quote name = "The REAL"] Time passes, and once I thought the graphics on Dandy were decent, but now you can't force me to play the game even with the first Playstation. Like most gamers. [/ Quote]
Don't speak for everyone.
"[i] Nobody plays! Me and a couple of my friends. So nobody at all! [/ i]" - sounds good, right? : razz: [/ quote]
Dude, go to any CD store and ask what they buy. I think Doom-2 does not row much :)

[size = 75] Added on Nov 21, 2005, 12:02: [/ size]

2 Sonic Son'edit
Desert Strike is like a helicopter on the Segu were :) I hasten to please you, there is still a jungle strike and Urban Strike on Sega, and Nuclear and Council Strike on PS1. So you have enough for old age :)

And more :) HL2 has a narrowing ??? Wow dude

[size = 75] Added on Nov 21, 2005, 12:04 pm: [/ size]

[quote name = "Leider"] Oh oh ... I honestly like it when the graphics are beautiful, sleek and all that, but it absolutely fades before interest in the game. Recently, for no reason at all, I hung up on Rock'n'Roll Racing, and if someone says that this game is an attoya, I'll just laugh in my face, and the graphics are Segovian) [/ quote]
The game is good, like many games on Segu, but this does not mean at all that good games have ceased to be made.

W
Warge 20.07.21

There are not enough turn-based strategies, turn-based role-playing strategies, turn-based role-playing. It is more difficult to develop them, and, as I understand, today's players are bored with such a game.
Sorry. The mass, as always, decides everything. : upto:

s
skyner 20.07.21

In general, IMHO, they began to think less about plots and more about the visual side. Previously, as it was, on the ancient game hardware on the "graph" it was not particularly possible to accelerate, so it was necessary to go on a good plot ... and went, and even how ... It was impossible to drag people by the ears ...
Quests, when- then they are very "popular", now as a genre they are in a state of stable coma ... but they will not die to the end and this is buzzing ... (stupid pun) ...
And the future probably belongs to "hybrids", toys that combine at least two "pure" genres or their elements ...

* Olessia * 20.07.21

Che is all about the graphics, so it is in bulk in modern games. There are not enough original concepts, most developers follow a run-in storyline and everything else, it’s easier to make a game and 100% marketing success. All this is sad.

T
The REAL 20.07.21

What other original concepts ??? Why reinvent the wheel?
I don't understand phrases like "I want a good story." What do you mean by this ??? In 99% of games 15 years ago, there was no plot at all! Shoot and jump stupidly. Well, what other plot in Doom-2 or Duke Nukem ???

And now in the same 99% of the games that I play the plot is not worse than Hollywood blockbusters ... No, after all, people just got drunk ...

* Olessia * 20.07.21

And the wheel must be reinvented!
[quote name = "The REAL"] 99% of 15-year-old games didn't have a story at all !! Shoot and jump stupidly. Well, what other plot in Doom-2 or Duke Nukem ??? [/ quote]
In addition to shooters, for which the plot is not in the first place, there are many other genres for which the plot is very important, it is strange that all these other games fall under 1%, obviously, except for shooters you play nothing :? If you really climbed so deeply, then games with a plot - RPGs, quests, 15 years ago were already in full swing and they are still played.

[quote name = "The REAL"] And now in the same 99% of games that I play the plot is not worse than Hollywood blockbusters ... [/ quote]
also to me, an indicator ...