3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Medeival 20.07.21 02:00 am

What's your favorite genre?

According to statistics - the same IDSA (earlier, but now they were renamed - I don't remember how ...) - among the computers. games:

1. Strategies ...

2. Games for family and children ...

3. Action ...

124 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dre 20.07.21

Action, simulators. :?
Well, the only adventure game that I liked and that I played more than 1 time is Indiana Jones's crypt of the emperor (or something like that): roll:

G
Grinder 20.07.21

I voted for RPGs, but I also love action, some arcade games like Prince of Persia, and I love playing NFS: Porshe Unleshead. But in principle for me all genres are equal, if I liked the game I play it, no matter what genre it belongs to.

F
Fat ninja 20.07.21

my favorite genre is jrpg.
By the way, why is he not in the vote?

D
Dre 20.07.21

[quote name = "Dark_Knight"] my favorite genre is jrpg. By the
way, why is he not in the vote? [/ quote]
hmmmm, what kind of genre is this [b] jrpg [/ b]?
Name what kind of game belongs to this genre ...

S
Segal 20.07.21

The most famous Final Fantasy.

G
GoldFRAPpP 20.07.21

And I love stealth-actions !!! Splinter Cell1-2-3 (although I haven't played it, I still love it). And Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater! (I haven't played either, but I love it anyway!) And Hitman ...: lamer:

n
nTrophy 20.07.21

M-dya .. original ..

C
Count_Zero 20.07.21

I also love Splinter Cell (I passed the first two times on high difficulty). I also fell in love with Hitmen (the whole series).
I really missed the Action + Strtegy games (Battle Zone is the first, Urban Assault - very few people remember this igruhu. Square, but cool)

-
- ^ ArhAngel ^ - 20.07.21

I love strategies.
Recently I have been playing STRONHOLD CRUSADER.
Also really like RPG (Sacred - Prince of Darkness) freaky game!

N
Nikolas 20.07.21

Previously, I somehow did not particularly highlight any genre, but after I went through the great game Gothic 2 (I played the first one only later) - I just got my sight !! : shock: I realized what a game should be for me - a large game world, the ability to choose a role in this world, complete freedom of action, not a linear plot and a friend. - that's what I need in the game !! As a result, we get any. genre = RPG / Action or what is even cooler - RPG / FPS (hello STALKER and XENUS !!).
Recently, "corridor" shooters like Doom3 and a friend have been terribly straining. : dn: I
also just adore games of the Survival Horror genre - Silent Hill - an amazing series, and a GTA series, but where it is not clear where it belongs! : D

B
Brash 20.07.21

I was torn between two genres, Quest and Horror. But in the end she chose Horror. I really like to be scared ^ _ ^

A
ARLe 20.07.21

My favorite genre is quests. Unfortunately the genre is falling into disrepair :(. So I like to replay old quests.

B
Br.Des 20.07.21

I love RPGs the most, with Survival Horror in second place (thanks exclusively to Silent Hill). Well, sometimes I dabble in strategies :)
In general, for me the main thing is not the genre of the game, but its meaning and the depth of the plot. The more the plot drags on, the more interesting it becomes to play. Therefore, my most disliked is a plotless massacre that has no sense from the point of view of logic. It follows that action games remain the least favorite genre, in most of which (with rare exceptions) the plot is put on the third plan, after the graphics and the number of enemies on the level.

D
Devastator 20.07.21

Once I already answered here, but it seems worth updating the information, because more than a year has passed ...

Over the past year, most of all I was fond of the RPG and Strategy genres.
For some reason this year I was tormented by nostalgia and most of the time I spent playing Arcanum, X-Com 3 and Ascendancy ...

In general, strategies for me are also RPGs to some extent, since they allow me to play the role of a commander or commander in chief or emperor and ruler of some race ... :)

n
nTrophy 20.07.21

- Stealth action
- Action / RPG
- jRPG

That's where I have it. I don't remember whether I wrote in this thread or not yet ..

L
Leider 20.07.21

I voted for jRPG (I know that I don't have it separately: =)), but I'll add some more scarecrows, this year there were a lot of good ones, here: =)

M
MorLAN 20.07.21

My favorite genre is stealth / action (the king of stealth is the MG series).
Japanese goodness (jRPG) sometimes blows me away. :)

* Olessia * 20.07.21

and RPG is in the lead :)

R
Raipper 20.07.21

[quote name = "* Olessia *"] and RPG is in the lead)) which I personally am very pleased with)) [/ quote]

Yes, because it is in this genre that we have the opportunity to "live" in the game, relive the story of the hero (s) together, merging as much as possible into the game world for a long time.

* Olessia * 20.07.21

[quote name = "Raipper"] [quote name = "* Olessia *"] and RPG is in the lead)) which is very pleasant to me personally)) [/ quote]

Yes, because it is in this genre that we have the opportunity to "live" in game, to experience the hero story (s) with a maximum merging the game world for a long time. [/ quote]

yeah, it means that the majority does not like to just spend time for games, training your reaction or where tactical ability, namely "to get used to "to another world, because RPG first of all" trains "our imagination :)