3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DGQ 28.07.21 10:49 pm

Games you buy consoles for

banner.jpg

I decided to open such a topic. In it you can tell what games you bought for and will buy consoles. I think it will be interesting.

I'll start with myself.

NES (1990) Everything is simple here. I was 4 years old. my parents bought the console because it was cool, and I was delighted to watch my friends play Super Mario.

Snes (1992) Starter exclusive - Super Mario World. Until now, one of my favorite games. And, of course, Street Fighter 2. But that was later.

Playstation (1999) There are two games: Resident Evil 2 and Siphon Filter. I saw RE at work with my parents. There one guard brought PS with him and played this game. I was amazed at such a bloody tin, which I immediately wanted. A month later, my friend also found this console. He showed me SP. This was already the last straw. I had to go after my parents for a month and beg for money for PS. I started with RE2, SP, Silent Hill, Driver and WCW Mayhem.

Playstation 2 (2003) This console was sold to me by 2 franchises and one game. The Budokai series based on the Dragonball Z universe, the WWE Smackdown and Metal Gear Solid 2 series of wrestling games. But the nice thing is that later on this console I discovered even more games.

Xbox360 (2008) 2 exclusives decided everything - Ninja Gaiden 2 and Gears of War. NG2 is still one of the favorite games of the outgoing generation. I spent many hours behind her. GW was the game that showed what the next gen is. Also, the second part of the gears was waiting. Everything was a foregone conclusion.

WiiU (2013) in general, it turned out that he took the console primarily for the Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. Because I really wanted to play normal guyenne, but, as it turned out, it was later released on other platforms. Now, the console is waiting for the next masterpieces from Nintendo in the universes of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, as well as Bayonetta 2, X and smash Brol.

Xbox One (2014) A little look into the future. As I already wrote on the forum, this console was sold to me by the game Killer Instinct. For the first time, for the sake of a fighting game, I buy myself such equipment. But what can you do? Well, I look to the future. Quantum Break and D4 are on the way.

now it is worth noting other consoles that I did not buy, but was close to this and games for them.

Sega Genesis wanted to take for the sake of sonic and some other game, but not destiny. over the years, I constantly had to rent it from someone to play.

Xbox wanted to take for the sake of Ninja Gaiden Black and Fable, but no luck. As a result, Fable never made it, and NGB dressed up for 360.

I wanted to take the Playstation 3 for the sake of Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavy Rain, but 360. However, for the sake of exclusives, I still had to take away the console from different friends and play games.

Wii did not even think about taking it, as at that moment it was completely cooled to Nin. But when he saw Mario Galaxy 1-2 he could not resist and took the console from a friend for a couple of months to go through these masterpieces. As a result, I discovered many other great games that I played on this console and I still play, only now on WiiU.

3DS rhm ...... still glancing at her, licking my lips hungrily.

something like this.

Modified January 19, 2015 by DGQ
119 Comments
Sort by:
A
ACE 28.07.21

Dreamcast - Shenmue I-II

PS2 - Final Fantasy X, Zone of the Enders 2, Shadow of the Colossus

Xbox 360 - Halo 3, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect

PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4, The Last Guardian

Wii - The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness

DS - The World Ends With You

PSP - Lumines

3DS - The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, Fire Emblem Awakening

PSV - Persona 4 Golden, Lumines ES

WiiU - Zelda Next Gen, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade 2

PS4 - The Last Guardian

Xbox One - Halo 5

M
MRDrama 28.07.21

Well, if we talk about some specific games that boosted the incentive to buy a particular console, then:

Dreamcast - Resident Evil: Code - Veronica

PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry, Final Fantsy X and the rest 

XBOX360 - Dead Rising, Mass Effect 1

PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2

Wii - Xenoblade Chronicles, Zelda: Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess

3DS - Resident Evil: Revelations, Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

and I already know exactly why I will take WiiU - X, Bayonetta 2 and, of course, for the sake of the new Zelda and Metroid, when they come out

Modified Nov 21, 2013 by MRDrama

M
Madnfs 28.07.21

PSP - Burnout Legends and Midnight Club 3

PS3 - Heavenly Sword

Xbox 360 - Alan Wake

PS Vita - Gravity Rush

3DS - Resident Evil Revelations

XBox One - Forza Motorsport 5, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break, Titanfall

PS4 - Driveclub and Infamous: Second Son

Wii U - X and Bayonetta 2

S
ShamanJago 28.07.21

Sega Mega Drive - NBA jam, Wrestlemania, MK3 - Ultimate, Road Rush, Jim Worm, Dune, Megalomania, Flashback.

PS1 - Twisted Metal, Resident Ival, Silent Hill, some kind of fighting (you could turn into animals - Mole, Lion, Hare).

PS3 - NBA live 08 - the game turned out to be a complete slag, I bought the console purely by accident, but I have no regrets.

PS4 - NBA2K15, EA sports UFC, about the rest of the games - we'll see.

Modified on November 21, 2013 by ShamanJago

p
proof512 28.07.21

Xbox 360 - GTA4 was the deciding factor in buying a console. For her sake, then I went to work in the summer, and after 8 months he burned out = ( 

PS3 - Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain; KillZone 2; Infamous and Blure Cinema

PS4 - NBA 2K14 & Upcoming Exclusives Announced & Not 

I
Igogov 28.07.21

PS3: Final Fantasy Versus 13.

PSP: Final Fantasy Type-0.

But something went wrong.

I bought Vita and 3DS as mobile platforms without any scopes. Well, maybe Disgaya 3 for Vita and Etrian Odissi for 3DS were the most influential.

z
zhenia13 28.07.21

PS3 - Ancharted Series, GOV Series, Heavy Rain

PS4 - for the sake of almost all future exclusives (especially ND and Quantico), and the multi-platform too.

K
Kaiji 28.07.21

I will not write 8 bits, 16 bits, tk. at that time, I did not really think about exclusives for them and played what I had to do, but on PSX I was interested in Finals, Vargant Storey, Persons, Crashes, Siphon Filters, Tekken 3, MGS, CX, Bloody Roara, DinoCrisis 2, Gran Turismo 1/2, VarZon 2100, Grandia. Dreamcast was taken for the sake of Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, RE: Code Veronica, Jet Set Radio, Ikaruga, Headhunter, Ekko Dolphin, Soul Calibura, DoA2, VF3tb, well, the most beloved Shenmu 1/2, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2. On PS2 interested primarily in GoV1 / 2, DMC1 / 3, Shadows of Colossus / Aiko, MGS2 / 3, RE4, SH2 / 3, Okami, FF10, KH1 / 2, Onimushi, Yakuza, Tekken 5, Soul Calibur 3, Grandia 3, Gran Turismo 4. GameCube was taken for the sake of Rezov, Zeld, Mareva Sunshine, Smash, Killer 7, Metroid Prime 1/2, CoA Legens, Pikminov, Luigi Menshn. Lost Odissi, Blue Dragon, Giri 2, Fable 2, DoA4, NG2, PGR3 and ... perhaps that's all. On PS3 - TLoU, Anch2, Heavy Rein, GoV3, inFamos, Xiliya, Yakuza 3, Demon Souls, LBP2. Wii - at the moment, for now, SMG1 / 2, Zelda SS, DKKR, Metroid Prime 3, Nou Mo Hirosy 1/2, Last story, Xenoblade (further, I think, the list will continue). Well, the portable, excuse me, I will not write, tk. there the list will be even longer))

K
Knuck knuck 28.07.21

Everything is much simpler for me - I'm just waiting for the gtaha. If the gtaha is announced and will be released soon, you can take the console. If not yet, then you will be patient

A
Alex gray 28.07.21

PS3 - a huge number of good games that are not on PC (although I expected much more from Heavy Rhine and TLOU, I didn't like Godofors at all)

I'm going to take:

X360: Halo, Fable 2, GoW 1-2, Dead Rising 1

WiiU: Mario, Zelda, Bayonetta 2, Wii Ports

3DS: tons of masterpieces + ports with DS

PS4: Infamous Second Son, well, and subsequent exes, which have not yet been announced (MGS5, if the series is not drained, which I fear)

XOne: Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Halo 5, Quantum Break

Modified November 22, 2013 by Alex Gray

L
Lucky N 28.07.21

PSP - Jeanne d'Arc

PSV - Gravity Rush

PS2 - ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy X

PS3 - The Last Guardian

PS4 - The Last Guardian

X360 - Fable 2, Halo 3, Lost Odyssey

Xbox One - Quantum Break, Halo 5, D4

NDS - Ace Attorney, Professor Layton

3DS - Ace Attorney, Professor Layton

Wii - Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

WiiU - Bayonetta 2, X, new Mario-Zelda-Metroid

A
Alex gray 28.07.21

[member = 'Lucky N'], 

PS3 - The Last Guardian

PS4 - The Last Guardian

So maybe from 4 it will fly: icon_mrgreen:

P
Pony slaystation 28.07.21

Sega Mega Drive - it was very small, we bought a sega. The first game was Biohazard Battle - an arcade about flying insects))

PS - I played Twisted Metal, Nightmare Creatures and Rally Cross with a friend, after that I tried to persuade the Rodakov to buy this unit for about a month))

PS2 - DMC, SH2, FF10.

Xbox - Ninja Gaiden, DOA.

PC - bought a type for study, the first game is Soldiers of Fortune.

PS3 - FF13, Uncharted 2.

XONE - KI

PS4 - there is no such game yet = (

X
Xopek 28.07.21

NES / SegaMD2 / PS1 - I took it because there was no other ...

PS2 - MGS2, FFX

X360 - Dead Rising, Gears of War

PS3 - MGS4, FF13, Last Guardian

S
Shikushi 28.07.21

GBA - For Advance wars. I read about her in some magazine, and almost took an American woman at the start. It's funny, but the GBA itself is still in absolutely perfect condition. This is how the console should be done.

PS2 - MGS, SH, FFX

PSP - MGS

PS3 - MGS, Siren, Disgaea 3

DS - Pokemon, TWEWY, OSU. After the purchase, I was freaked out by the number of cool games

3DS - KH (which I still haven't bought, they say treshak), Beyond of Labyrinth (which eventually didn't come out of Japan). Epic fail, but fortunately there are a lot of interesting games on 3ds.

WII - Zelda, Xenoblade, Pandora Tower, Last Story, Disaster: The day of crysis (lol)

I'm going to take, someday:

Vita - Gravity Rush (I even bought it), Persona 4

WiiU - X, Next Zelda, SMT Vs Fire Emblem

f
frozen_rain 28.07.21

I bought PS3 for FFXIII and Ni no Kuni (which had to wait a long time) and the Uncharted series. Vitu for the portable MGS3 and Gravity Rush, as well as the future FFX port. I took the PSP because of the support for PS One games, and re-passed the numbered finals on it with great pleasure.

k
kamui 28.07.21

Only yesterday I drove this topic in our topic and it's right there xDD

Ps2 - DMC 3, FFX (which still hasn't been completed!), MGS 3. 

PSP - FFVII: CC, 

Nintendo DS - TWEWY, FF remakes and of course Mario. 

Xbox 360 - Lost Odyssey and FF XIII. 

Xbox One - I can't say for sure yet. For me now the main system sellers are KI, QB, D4 and Titanfall. I'm waiting for jrpg, otherwise I'll have to buy ps4 (or 3ds, which is more to my liking). Oh yeah .... Halo 5. How could I forget about the best shooter in the universe? 

Modified on November 22, 2013 by kamui

S
Sharu 28.07.21

From the latter - 

Wii took on the ball, for the sake of WiiSports)
WiiU - took at lunch for the sake of monkhan. 
DS - was bought for a ball, I liked very some games on the emule, I decided that it was worth it.

3Ds - was taken because nestyachkov from Ning and not only - immeasurably.

R
Rokudze 28.07.21

Well ... my
conscious console life began ... with the Xbox 360. Yes, before that I was a dandy. And then PS1, on which I played the siphon filter, driver, crash and other cool igruhi, and then PSP. On PSP, I went through a great FF: Crisis Core, Run Chetootam (about parkourists), Tony Hawk, and a lot of other things. And although I was not a few years old then, but still I did not consider this piece of iron to be a console one, I did not choose games. In general, I was just a kid with a PSP. By the way, I took it from my hands, for 8 thousand. PSP-1080. Played for a year, probably, and I wanted to take a large home console. So I sold the PSP for 10k and after reporting a thousand I took the Xbox360))

So, why did I take the Xbox360? Um ... I don't know. It wasn't that I was attracted to the games with her then, but rather she herself. Pure hardware for games, what could be better? The first game I played on it was Banjo Kazui. A terrible game, I dreamed about it in nightmares. My ears were wilted from the soundtrack, and my brain was boiling. Then I remember taking from my friends Faith Knight 3, FIFU, Skate 3. And after - GTA 4, Alan Wake (who came with great pleasure), and many other games, including Halo 3.

A year later, I wanted a PS3.

I took PS3 already with a purpose. In order to complete Heavy Rain, which I went through immediately after taking the PS3, in one run. I just sat down in the evening and played until the morning. I also really wanted God of War 3, which, although I liked it, also disappointed in something. Ancharted ... Then only recently the second came out and it was hyped in all its gambling addiction and in general. I was delighted with this game, and I am delighted now. I took resistance 2, which, although it was not bad at all, but I just stupidly did not pass it. I'm tired of it. In principle, that's all.

And a year later .. I wanted a PS Vita. And I bought it at a European lunch.

I took for the sake of ancharted, Reiman and fairy tales from Sony, which did not come true at all.

A year later, I wanted 3DS. After nogamez on vita, it turned out that on the 3DS there are a lot of interesting games for me, but don't give a shit about the graphon)

I already bought 3DS for the sake of Mario, Kid Icarus and dozens of masterpieces with DS.

2013 came ... And I suddenly realized that I want Wii U xD

Took for The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker ... and nothing else. I am only attracted by the Wii library. Of course, I wanted to try Mario, but not so as to run to the store for him, no. I don't play much on it yet, as on other consoles. With the arrival of the nextgen, I became a baker. But the little brother plays Nintendo Land on WiiU and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal on PSV every day. Someday he will write about it here, in 10 years, when I let him go to the PC and the Internet))

Changed on November 26, 2013 by Evgeniy Mirkin

F
Formalin 28.07.21

I took all the consoles for Halo.