3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DGQ 28.07.21 10:49 pm

Games you buy consoles for

banner.jpg

I decided to open such a topic. In it you can tell what games you bought for and will buy consoles. I think it will be interesting.

I'll start with myself.

NES (1990) Everything is simple here. I was 4 years old. my parents bought the console because it was cool, and I was delighted to watch my friends play Super Mario.

Snes (1992) Starter exclusive - Super Mario World. Until now, one of my favorite games. And, of course, Street Fighter 2. But that was later.

Playstation (1999) There are two games: Resident Evil 2 and Siphon Filter. I saw RE at work with my parents. There one guard brought PS with him and played this game. I was amazed at such a bloody tin, which I immediately wanted. A month later, my friend also found this console. He showed me SP. This was already the last straw. I had to go after my parents for a month and beg for money for PS. I started with RE2, SP, Silent Hill, Driver and WCW Mayhem.

Playstation 2 (2003) This console was sold to me by 2 franchises and one game. The Budokai series based on the Dragonball Z universe, the WWE Smackdown and Metal Gear Solid 2 series of wrestling games. But the nice thing is that later on this console I discovered even more games.

Xbox360 (2008) 2 exclusives decided everything - Ninja Gaiden 2 and Gears of War. NG2 is still one of the favorite games of the outgoing generation. I spent many hours behind her. GW was the game that showed what the next gen is. Also, the second part of the gears was waiting. Everything was a foregone conclusion.

WiiU (2013) in general, it turned out that he took the console primarily for the Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. Because I really wanted to play normal guyenne, but, as it turned out, it was later released on other platforms. Now, the console is waiting for the next masterpieces from Nintendo in the universes of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, as well as Bayonetta 2, X and smash Brol.

Xbox One (2014) A little look into the future. As I already wrote on the forum, this console was sold to me by the game Killer Instinct. For the first time, for the sake of a fighting game, I buy myself such equipment. But what can you do? Well, I look to the future. Quantum Break and D4 are on the way.

now it is worth noting other consoles that I did not buy, but was close to this and games for them.

Sega Genesis wanted to take for the sake of sonic and some other game, but not destiny. over the years, I constantly had to rent it from someone to play.

Xbox wanted to take for the sake of Ninja Gaiden Black and Fable, but no luck. As a result, Fable never made it, and NGB dressed up for 360.

I wanted to take the Playstation 3 for the sake of Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavy Rain, but 360. However, for the sake of exclusives, I still had to take away the console from different friends and play games.

Wii did not even think about taking it, as at that moment it was completely cooled to Nin. But when he saw Mario Galaxy 1-2 he could not resist and took the console from a friend for a couple of months to go through these masterpieces. As a result, I discovered many other great games that I played on this console and I still play, only now on WiiU.

3DS rhm ...... still glancing at her, licking my lips hungrily.

something like this.

Modified January 19, 2015 by DGQ
119 Comments
Sort by:
r
razgulnov 28.07.21

I watch Ace's joke about LG, many people liked, then:

xbox - B.S.

xbox 360 - Ryse, Freelancer 2, Cry On, Perfect Dark 2

T
Tinkino 28.07.21

Xbox 360 - Fable 2, Grand Theft Auto IV

PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5

3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2

Wii U - The Wonderful 101, X, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D World

The rest was bought not for the sake of any specific games (in some cases even spontaneously, from the latter it happened with Vita).

J
John 28.07.21

Xbox 360 - (2008-2012) mostly multi-platform

PS3 - (2011) - exclusives

PC - (2012) - due to the big difference in multiplatform in favor of PC in recent games.

c
captain paphos 28.07.21

uh, well, I'm probably the only one who took the console on the principle - I really wanted to

except that 3ds for the sake of an emblem and a portable castle took

although now such a large list has dashed off for the sake of which it is worth taking the console already

although the following games are sold to me consoles - hailo, forza, fable, mario, luigi, and any single winrar like an emblem or ki

k
kone 28.07.21

NES or Dandy - I had 3 of them at different times. Bought to fight with my brother in counter and double
Sega dragons - there were 2 pieces at different times. Bought for the worm Jim, Zero Tolerance, MK
Super Nintendo - KI, DKC, Doom
3DO - for the Wing Commander, Alone in the Dark well, and the 3d graphon of course
PS - RE, Driver, GTA2
Dreamcast - RE: Code Veronica
PC - GTAIII ( ps2 at that time was more expensive than pc)
PS2 - DMC
GBA - play something at work. As a result, almost all the time he was chopped into a caste on a cartridge with a planted
PSP battery - Loco Roco
Xbox 360 - Alan Wake
PS3 - MGS 4
Xbox - bought a cheap one in order to see what it is. I exchanged it for a Wii two weeks later.
Wii - Metroid Prime 3, TLoZ: TP
NDS - TLoZ: PH
There are no consoles for two years. Modified on November 22, 2013 by kone

-
-Krillis- 28.07.21

NES - Super Mario Bros., Wrecking Crew, Battle City

Mega Drive - Aladdin, Jungle Book

SNES - Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct

3DO - Wolfinstein 3D, Doom

PS - Tomb Raider, Tekken 2

DS - New Super Mario Bros.

PS2 - a spontaneous purchase after eight years of PC gaming

Wii - Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports

3DS - Mario Kart 7, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Wii U - took at the start for the sake of not yet released Mario Kart 8 and Next Zelda Game

C
CRIMATOR 28.07.21

Xbox 360 - Milo & Kate

W
Wario 28.07.21

ps3 (purchased early 2010) - Demon soul, mgs4, dark soul

wii (purchased 2011) - Kirby, mario, zelda

nintendo ds (purchased 2007) - castlevania

ps2 (bought in 2006) - ff-12, ff-10

nes - (90 years) Ducktales and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

md2 - (90years) contra 

GBA - (bought in 2009) castling

dreamcast (bought in 2000) - Sonic adventure

Modified November 22, 2013 by Killersama

L
Lermontka 28.07.21

First purchased console was ps2 - for Shadow of the Colossus, MGS 2, 3 and Kingdom Hearts

Then I was content with her and the PC for a long time. But the time has come to take a normal current - the gene console. And the choice fell on the PS3. For The Last Guardian, Versus XIII and Agent (I'm a huge Rockstar fan and just couldn't miss their game). And also MGS4 and Uncharted, so I was not disappointed with the console anyway.

Then I decided to take the Wii - for the Xenoblade Chronicles, Twilight Princess and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Last but not least I took the Xbox 360, tk. I played the multiplatform either on a PC or on a PS3, and there were almost no exclusives of interest to me. Took for the sake of Fable 2 and Alan Wake.

This year I decided to take the first ever portable console. I thought for a really long time, and in the end the choice fell on the 3DS. Fire Emblem: Awakening, Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D tipped me to her side.

In the future I will definitely take PS4, even if only inFamous: Second Sun is interesting from the exclusives.

And definitely WiiU, I'm looking forward to the new Zelda, X and DKC Tropical Freeze.

By the way, not a single game for which I bought a console never became my favorite. PS2 Thanks for Okami, PS3 - Demon's Souls, Xbox 360 - Lost Odyssey, Wii - Fire Emblem: Radiant Down, 3DS - Pokemon XY

Modified November 22, 2013 by Lermontka

D
DragoCeleste 28.07.21

The first truly coveted and conscious console is the Xbox 360, before that there were dandies, all sorts of shogi, well, PS1, but I didn't really play them, I spent this time for PECA, and specifically for Max Payne, spent a lot of time in it, in consequence what the Xbox 360 was coveted by the appearance of Alan Wake only on it, and now I dream that the Finns will not abandon Wake with ends.

Later I bought a PS3. Because of Ancharted, it seems like, but in the end I didn't like the game, so it's more likely that PS3 lives with me because of Last of Ace and MGS4.

From the next gene I will buy both, or rather, the caret of the gene, since ps4 will be the first to come out in Russia, and I want a grafon right now, and I would have bought Juan anyway, there are Fins with QB, and I like the box itself more than a game station ...

J
Just enno 28.07.21

Once upon a time, parents bought the ZX spectrum. It all started with him

The first pseudo 3D race, which amazed with graphics. (but now they would simply banish her for FPS. And not full hd)

http://youtu.be/ud3nXIbdJXY

But really the game I associate with this system is of course great Dizzy

http://youtu.be/97jAQmD3zKE

When Dandy begged, it was still not enough that normal games were widespread in our country (as they said at that time, super games), and they bought it complete with a cartridge like 999 in 1 and a bunch of small junk in it. Later I met the great Mario, etc. So dandy was bought not for the sake of some games, but for the sake of a convenient system where games were quickly turned on (and not like on the zx spectrum, for 5 minutes to record a game from an audio cassette (!))

http://youtu.be/82TL-Acm4ts

Here are 16 bits already deliberately waiting and wanting. Wanted a little more shoga, but ended up buying from SNES aggregate. Rare games were the deciding factors when choosing a console. Well, a slightly more interesting console in terms of filling (plus stereo sound played an important role for my father. Sega had mono) 

And the first game was Animaniacs. It was many times better than the Sega. (Although there was a completely different game)

http://youtu.be/-NQCB_7DD9c

Rare of those times was a divine studio, the soundtrack to dunk kong alone sunk into the soul forever. 

http://youtu.be/AwN_Dpsdnuw

PSX I was looking forward to it. Then I liked the videos of Tekken 2 and the tombo raider. The graphics seemed crazy.

I even bought the first 2 games even before the Tomb Raider 2 and Rage racer console (not to be confused with the ridge racer). And after a while my parents gave me Sonya.

By the standards of 97, the rajer had simply amazing graphics, and even then it was possible to draw whatever you wanted on the hoods of cars.

There was one fail, only your car was shown in replays, the rest were invisible))

http://youtu.be/4SnZD7gCxUY

A little later, Resident Evil 1 took, then the second part, and a little later my fragile psyche was broken by FF7, MGS1 and Gran Turismo. Apparently he was very impressionable, but it was these three episodes that became my favorite so far (the squara only with the thirteenth finale pissed me into my soul). Plus Silent Hill later proved that Sonya's choice was the only correct one.

http://youtu.be/q09quI356sQ

Dreamcast took over primarily because of shengma. Well, I wanted to drive to the metropolis street racing, feel the nextgen race)) Bribed real city tracks, and a trick with time. (the time was adjusted, and if at the moment of the game in san francisco it was night, then it was night in the game on this track)

Dreamxat did not stay with me for long. Probably before buying ps2, and then quickly sold it.

http://youtu.be/QyQkQBJInW4

http://youtu.be/8XqkKZl0UEk

I took PS2 together with onimush and waited impatiently for the release of ff10, MGS2 and Gran Turismo 3. I didn't need anything else to be happy. While waiting for them, I got acquainted with the legendary already, Iko. Well, later the polls went hits, I can't remember everything)

http://youtu.be/MIM3MXf8HOU

PS3 took with a motor storm and sharp, but the main factors were all the same upcoming MGS, FF, Gran Turism (which I am banal turns out to be) and Heavy Rain with the third god of war.

http://youtu.be/-fjCxIbdss8

HVOX 360 took because of Fable 2, and Alan Wake in the first place. I liked the setting of these games and in the end I could not resist. Well, I wanted to check out the weights and Lost Odissi myself. 

http://youtu.be/UTVzJZCVVV4

I took another PSP, but not for the sake of specific games (although I was very sympathetic to loco rock), but just for the sake of pocket playstation.

http://youtu.be/CwKeuoti-3o

Well, in the plans of the PS4, respectively, because only on it will I be able to play all my favorite series, well, Sonya for this generation made me very happy with its internal studios, whose games now I just don't want to miss. Well, it was only in this generation that many realized how talented the gods were.

http://youtu.be/r1wHp67PSmU

Greatness awaits

S
Stepan 28.07.21

WII - Donkey Kong Country Returns

PSP - LocoRoco & Patapon

X360 - Mass Effect 1 & Halo 3

PS 3 - Uncharted 1 & Folklore

3DS - Luigis Manshion 2

Vita - Uncharted GA

Modified on November 22, 2013 by Stepan

B
Bristolq 28.07.21

X360 - Fable 2, Halo: Reach, Alan Wake

PS3 - Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain

I'm going to take:

PS4 - Driveclub, Uncharted + other projects from Notti dog + projects from QD + projects from SSM and MM

Wii U - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Super Mario 3D World + Wii projects that I missed (due to the lack of a console) - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario Galaxy

3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon, Fire Emblem: Awakening

PS

PSOne was bought by my father (at the age of 8, in my opinion). Favorite Games - Siphon Filter, Hogs of War, Tekken 3 and Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus

Modified November 22, 2013 by Bristolq

L
LeaderGhost007 28.07.21

NES: Super Mario Bros, Double Dragon, Duck Tales, TMNT, Contra

SEGA MD: Comix Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog, MK, Earthworm Jim, Golden Ax, Battletoads, Rock'n'Roll Racing

PS1: Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Tekken, Resident Evil

PS2: GTA III, Jack & Daxter, SSX Tricky

Xbox: Halo, PGR, Shenmue II

PSP: GTA: Liberty City Stories, Burnout: Legends, Ridge Racer

Vita: Uncharted, FIFA

Wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

3DS: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 

Xbox 360: Halo, Gears, Mass Effect, Fable, Crackdown, Lost Planet, Saint's Row, Dead Rising, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

PS3: Motorstorm, God of War, Uncharted

Xbox One: Halo, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Forza, Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, D4 ​​(and of course multiplatform)

PS4: The Order: 1886, Infamous, Uncharted

t
trayt 28.07.21

XBox 360- Gears of War happycry.gif

PS3-bought what would have beenspravedlivo.png

J
Just enno 28.07.21

[quote name = 'LeaderGhost007' timestamp = '1385154044' post = '3754808'] Xbox One: Halo, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Forza, Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, D4 ​​(and of course multiplatform)

PS4: The Order: 1886, Infamous, Uncharted [/ quote] 

Even if multi is worse on Juan? No jokes, just curious :)

R
RAMBO 28.07.21

Xbox360 - Dead Rising

Playstation 3 - Metal Gear Solid 4

L
LeaderGhost007 28.07.21

Xbox One: Halo, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Forza, Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, D4 ​​(and of course the multi-platform)

PS4: The Order: 1886, Infamous, Uncharted

Even if multi is worse on Juan? No jokes, just curious :)

Yep wink.png Minimal differences do not matter, if at all ...

A
ArtuReal 28.07.21

Playstation 2 - ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, MGS 2,3
Xbox Original - Jade Empire, GTA San Andreas, Halo 2

GameCube - Zelda, Metroid, RE 0, Enternal Darkness
PSP - Loco Roco, God of War, MGS Portable OPS 
Nintendo DS - Super Mario 64 DS, GTA Chinatown Wars
Playstation 3 - Uncharted, MGS4, Killzone, Last of Us

V
Veritas 28.07.21

PSP - Final fantasy: crisis core.