3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DGQ 28.07.21 10:49 pm

Games you buy consoles for

banner.jpg

I decided to open such a topic. In it you can tell what games you bought for and will buy consoles. I think it will be interesting.

I'll start with myself.

NES (1990) Everything is simple here. I was 4 years old. my parents bought the console because it was cool, and I was delighted to watch my friends play Super Mario.

Snes (1992) Starter exclusive - Super Mario World. Until now, one of my favorite games. And, of course, Street Fighter 2. But that was later.

Playstation (1999) There are two games: Resident Evil 2 and Siphon Filter. I saw RE at work with my parents. There one guard brought PS with him and played this game. I was amazed at such a bloody tin, which I immediately wanted. A month later, my friend also found this console. He showed me SP. This was already the last straw. I had to go after my parents for a month and beg for money for PS. I started with RE2, SP, Silent Hill, Driver and WCW Mayhem.

Playstation 2 (2003) This console was sold to me by 2 franchises and one game. The Budokai series based on the Dragonball Z universe, the WWE Smackdown and Metal Gear Solid 2 series of wrestling games. But the nice thing is that later on this console I discovered even more games.

Xbox360 (2008) 2 exclusives decided everything - Ninja Gaiden 2 and Gears of War. NG2 is still one of the favorite games of the outgoing generation. I spent many hours behind her. GW was the game that showed what the next gen is. Also, the second part of the gears was waiting. Everything was a foregone conclusion.

WiiU (2013) in general, it turned out that he took the console primarily for the Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. Because I really wanted to play normal guyenne, but, as it turned out, it was later released on other platforms. Now, the console is waiting for the next masterpieces from Nintendo in the universes of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, as well as Bayonetta 2, X and smash Brol.

Xbox One (2014) A little look into the future. As I already wrote on the forum, this console was sold to me by the game Killer Instinct. For the first time, for the sake of a fighting game, I buy myself such equipment. But what can you do? Well, I look to the future. Quantum Break and D4 are on the way.

now it is worth noting other consoles that I did not buy, but was close to this and games for them.

Sega Genesis wanted to take for the sake of sonic and some other game, but not destiny. over the years, I constantly had to rent it from someone to play.

Xbox wanted to take for the sake of Ninja Gaiden Black and Fable, but no luck. As a result, Fable never made it, and NGB dressed up for 360.

I wanted to take the Playstation 3 for the sake of Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavy Rain, but 360. However, for the sake of exclusives, I still had to take away the console from different friends and play games.

Wii did not even think about taking it, as at that moment it was completely cooled to Nin. But when he saw Mario Galaxy 1-2 he could not resist and took the console from a friend for a couple of months to go through these masterpieces. As a result, I discovered many other great games that I played on this console and I still play, only now on WiiU.

3DS rhm ...... still glancing at her, licking my lips hungrily.

something like this.

Modified January 19, 2015 by DGQ
119 Comments
Sort by:
D
Di 28.07.21

If released by the time of purchase or at least expected games

GameCube: Animal Crossing - a life sim, one of the first; Eternal Darkness - sanity meter, plot, entourage

Nintendo Wii: Super Smash Bros Brawl - Hundreds of Hours in Melee

PS3: Demon's Souls - interested in the concept: a mix of medieval settings, slow, detailed, but unforgiving combat, complete freedom of customization; Braid (I know, I know where he originally appeared) - I did not know yet that it was masterpiece, but I was already intrigued

Nintendo DS: Mario Kart DS, Castlevani-i (zelda, gta-shki, Pokemon - were later), although one specific (or several), for which it was not - just a lot of everything, probably

3DS: Pilotwings Resort - the continuation of the beloved 16-bit flying game, Steel Diver - the aquarium under-carry of a submarine - it's cool (both did not disappoint)

Wii U: Nintendo Games))

probably PS4, if Bloodbourne doesn't screw up, Yamauchi will give something interesting in GT7 and I can't wait for Vitness on PC

I took out (did not buy)

N64 for ocarina (and as a result impressed by MM), Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing and others

PS2 for the sake of meeting Ico and SotC

Everything else (NES, 3DO, GameBoy, GBA) was gifted and did not ask much about games

B
Beren 28.07.21

Vita for the sake of Persona (which, although he bought a year ago, but never launched it), PS4 for the sake of Infamous and 3DS - for the sake of Ace Attorney.

There are also X360 and PSP, but I took them not for the sake of something specific, but because at that time there was a strong nougames on the PC.

O
OffensiveBias 28.07.21

Dreamcast - Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, Grandia II

Nintendo DS - New Super Mario Bros, Ghost Trick, The World Ends With You

Nintendo 3DS - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Pokemon X, Mario Kart 7

Wii U - Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Splatoon

K
Knuck knuck 28.07.21

Now even xs. The last 7 years I took the consoles as soon as the new GTA was announced, but although I liked the 5 part, it disappointed a lot. So as most likely I will buy a ps4 somewhere in the year 2017 with an armful of cool exes, which by that time will be worth ~ 1500

Modified on November 4th, 2014 by Knuck Knuck

k
kone 28.07.21

[quote name = "kone" post = "3754044" timestamp = "1385138534"] NES or Dandy - I had 3 of them at different times. Bought to fight with my brother in counter and double Sega dragons - there were 2 pieces at different times. Bought for the sake of Jim the worm, Zero Tolerance, MK Super Nintendo - KI, DKC, Doom 3DO - for the Wing Commander, Alone in the Dark well, and the 3d graphon of course PS - RE, Driver, GTA2 Dreamcast - RE: Code Veronica PC - GTAIII ( ps2 at that time was more expensive than pc) PS2 - DMC GBA - play something at work. As a result, almost all the time he was chopped into a caste on a cartridge with a planted PSP battery - Loco Roco Xbox 360 - Alan Wake PS3 - MGS 4 Xbox - bought a cheap one in order to see what it is. I exchanged it for a Wii two weeks later. Wii - Metroid Prime 3, TLoZ: TP NDS - TLoZ: PH There are no consoles for two years. [/ quote] + 3DS and after a couple of months -. I bought for ocarina and Link Between Worlds, but I never played anything. + collected pc for past gene games starting with Dark Souls

K
Korshun1 28.07.21

Game "Battle for Dune" for 16 cue ball))

v
voyager 28.07.21

NDS took for Castlevania and Zeld, Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow really liked, but Order of Ecclesia was no longer mastered. In the end I didn't really like the Zelda either, I was expecting something similar to the Minish Cap ...

I bought PS3 for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition and Persona 4: Arena. I wanted to chop them online, but what a shame it was that there is no one online at all in sf3, there are players in sf3, but mostly they are from the USA or other foreign countries, there are many more people on the PC via GGPO from Europe, and then there are much more connections better. Persona has great online, but again very few people play.

Valkyria Chronicles was also an important exam in which I wanted to play, and now it did not disappoint me at all, an excellent game. I was also very impressed by the Uncharted series, Bayonetta and of course the magnificent The Last of Us.

3DS purchased for, again, Zeld, Fire Emblem and Bravely Default, the games are still waiting for their moment. (Ocarina has not yet been found)

PS2 borrowed from a friend to play for Final Fantasy X and Resident Evil 4, then bought his Sonya.  

Modified December 17, 2014 by voyager

a
alien boyfriend 28.07.21

I bought consoles for good games

T
The Witcher Nikolay 28.07.21

Dreamcast - Grandia 2, Record of Lodoss War (!!)

PS2 - FFX, FFX-2 ... I vaguely remember already

Xbox 360 - Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, The Last Remnant

PS3 - FFXIII

PS4 - Bloodborne, FFXV, Lords of the Fallen

Changed December 17, 2014 by The Witcher Nikolay

R
RebellHunt 28.07.21

NES was given to me by my grandfather on ng, along with Super Mario bros. and Battle City

Sega Mega Drive - Mortal Kombat 3, Streets of Rage, Battletoads, Comix Zone, Maximum Carnage (there was such a beat'em up about a spider, venom and others. Pretty good)

Ps1 - Tekken 3, Crash team Racing, Spider man

Psp - Crash of the titans, Spider man 3 (because the pc didn't pull it back then, and if there were ps3 and xbox 360 in Russia, then the price tags were exorbitant. connected with him), Patapon (I read an article in some magazine and liked the trick with beating commands to the beat)

Xbox 360 - GTA IV (it was the best gift for others. When I was awakened by the Xbox 360 and GTA IV box, I could not hold back tears of joy. And then with my friends we climbed the game up and down. It was unforgettable. But alas, he died from 3 red rings in October 2009)

Ps 3 - Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Brütal legend, Red Dead Redemption. And I just wanted to try this very console. I bought it only in December 2010 (again a gift from my parents)

Ps 4 - Infamous: Second Son, Order 1886, Tekken 7, Bloodborne.

In the plans:

Xbox one: Dead rising 3, Sunset overdrive, Halo: the Master Chief collection, Titanfall

Wii U: Bayonetta 2, Zelda

Modified January 25, 2015 by RebellHunt

d
diartik 28.07.21

ps one slim parents brought from italy. then it was something cool. And since we didn’t have licenses in 2003, we also stitched it.

the license was a medal of honor and the first siphon.

ps2 was presented for my birthday from gta sa, played everything, but never played the first killzon

in 2008 I saved up and saved up for my x360. Naturally, I did not save up, but my parents threw it. Here I wanted it because of GTA4. After they gave me the first weights and away we go.

True, it burned out, but oh well

in January 2011 I bought ps3 for free multiplayer from troubles of company 2. It still stands and makes me happy 

N
Nanodesu69 28.07.21

Xbox 360 - for the majority of exclusives and multiplatform. And fatigue from nogaems on the PC. Since I took it - I moved completely to the console.

PS2 - for Kingdom Hearts and God of War

PS3 - for most exclusives, and then multiplatform

PS4 - for the sake of Infamos

PSP - to play fighting games) and God of War was then exclusive

PS Vita - for Killzone, Muramasa and Gravity Rush

3DS - for Mario, Zelda and the exclusive Kingdom Hearts

WiiU - Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2

Wii Mini - for the joysticks for WiiU: D Well, the Metroid was included.

S
SeerZh 28.07.21

ps3-uncharted 1-2-3, gran turismo 5-6, final fantasy 13-13 / 2-LR, Heavy rain, BEYOND, Folklore. Ni NO Kuni

B
Broke 28.07.21

NES - Mario

PS1 - Resident Evil 3

Dramcast - Code Veronica

PS2 - Final Fantasy X

PSP - 3rd Birthday: ass:

PS3 - Heavy Rain

Wii - Zelda 

Vita - Gravity Rush

PS4 - The Phantom Pain

Modified Jan 23, 2015 by Broke

J
Jaguarz55 28.07.21

PS3 - Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, Demons Souls, Heavy Rain, uncharted 2. PS vita - Persona 4 golden, Danganronpa, Gravity Rush Wii U - Zelda Ww, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and future Xenoblade with the new Zelda PS4 - as main game platform, that is, for the sake of a multi-platform and excellent exams Driveclub, Order, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 Xbox One - while I regret that I bought it, I took it by inertia due to the future rise in price. However, I love the Halo series with all my heart and gladly bought the MBC. And so yes D4 was a revelation for me and the best experience of the year. Forza Horizon 2 after Driveclub looks and plays poorly, to put it mildly, but IMHO, litter if you hurt someone's feelings.

S
SeerZh 28.07.21

ps2 - MGS 2-3, FF10-10 / 2, Kingdom Herts 1-2, FF: Dirge of Cerberus, Fatal Frame, God of War, Black.

N
NotaKuroi 28.07.21

With the exception of 3DS and Wii U, all consoles were not bought specifically for one or two games, but served as an incentive to buy early

PSP - Loco Roco

PS3 - Rayman Origins

PSVita - Gravity Rush

PS4 - Killzone Shadowfall

3DS - Pokemon X

Wii U - Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8

M
Matthazard pururin 28.07.21

[member = 'NotaKuroi'], I wanted to put a plus for the PSP, but you yourself know what you saw later;) 

k
kawa 28.07.21

PS2 - FFX, MGS 2, 3, KH 1, 2, I met the god-like FFXII, DQVIII and SotC after the purchase (ps2 is the best gaming experience in my life, since then no other console has come close)

DS - DQIX, KH358 / 2days (but it turned out to be a disappointment of the decade, I mean both games)

PSP - FFVII Crisis Core, MGS Portable Ops (both are disappointing)

PS3 - FFXIII, MGS4

3DS - 3D without glasses

PSV - Uncharted Golden Abyss (in general, it caused disappointment and the final understanding that portables are not mine)

PS4 - knowing that everything that interests me will come out here + sony-grafon represented by Shadowfall and Infamos. But if I bought it now, it would be for Bloodborne's sake, or maybe I would have waited for one of the games to be released from the signature.

Last modified on January 23rd, 2015 by kawa77

v
voyager 28.07.21

[quote name = 'kawa77' timestamp = '1422003080' post = '4637846'] DS - DQIX [/ quote]

So bad? Otherwise, I still plan to play, but I can't start everything.