3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gravemaker 28.07.21 11:02 pm

Are graphics important to you in games?

Vote :) I personally do not care what kind of graphics the game has, if it has a gorgeous plot and gameplay, what do you think? : fds:: gfs:
123 Comments
Sort by:
t
trayt 28.07.21

All aspects are important - the main thing is to keep the golden mean. Whoever says that he does not need graphics is misleading. Another question is more important.

L
LeGaTo 28.07.21

[b] [member = Valtron] [/ b], no, let's write it like this: vita without games : trollface_big:

W
Wander_90 28.07.21

if you pay attention only to the graphics, you can miss a lot of good games.

f
forcecoder 28.07.21

In fact, gameplay and only gameplay have value, but it is just a function of graphics, sound / music and game design. And the whole trick lies in the right combination of these components.

Although, of course, you can call graphics and sound as a garnish for design: icon_smile:, tk. without them, on one bare design, the game will be dryish (no atmosphere).

Modified on March 22, 2013 by forcecoder

F
Fraaancis 28.07.21

I hate graphics.

S
Snatcher 28.07.21

Looks alone will never make me play anything. Gameplay and story are equally prioritized. Well, if the game is also beautiful to boot, then why not admire it in the process of passing. I love the pretty graphics, but they are just a wrapper for the candy. 

By the way, if we take a purely visual component, then somehow I always paid more attention to the artistic style, and not to the technical part. The same colorful Final Fantasy 10 is much nicer to me than the modern Kukuruzis, precisely due to the work done by the artists. A game with a good style will always outperform even the most technically competent.  

S
Snatcher 28.07.21

Looks alone will never make me play anything. Gameplay and story are equally prioritized. Well, if the game is also beautiful to boot, then why not admire it in the process of passing. I love the pretty graphics, but they are just a wrapper for the candy. 

By the way, if we take a purely visual component, then somehow I always paid more attention to the artistic style, and not to the technical part. The same colorful Final Fantasy 10 is much nicer to me than the modern Kukuruzis, precisely due to the work done by the artists. A game with a good style will always outperform even the most technically competent.  

b
banstifler 28.07.21

rather yes than no.

Nowadays, technology allows you to make beautiful games ...

N
Natalia_Oreiro 28.07.21

After showing The Division, yes.

L
Lex mercer 28.07.21

I don't even remember the moment when I firmly decided for myself that graphically the game could not attract. Or rather, even so - I am happy to look at the beauty of Cryris 3, but you definitely cannot force me to play it. Probably, this change happened when DS and New Super Mario fell into my hands, or when I turned on Fallout: New Vegas and realized that all other RPGs of this year did not have the right to be called such.

In short, plot and gameplay can solve any graphical and technological problem. Graphics cannot do the opposite.

Modified June 25, 2013 by Lex Mercer

L
Lolobot 28.07.21

This question cannot be answered unequivocally. In some games you don't expect cool graphics, for example in indie (organ trail director's cut, unepic), but the gameplay is not bad there. But in the games ala GTA 5, Rome total var you wait and believe in technology and progress)

E
Evolved 28.07.21

It all depends on the games, where you need it, otherwise I don't really worry about her

t
trayt 28.07.21

It's like asking if your partner's external data is important for you in sex: icon_lol:

D
Deniel103 28.07.21

I don’t know the graphics are not graphics well, minecraft players don’t need it))

n
necdvd 28.07.21

Depends on the game.

s
soliddante 28.07.21

It's like asking if your partner's external data is important for you in sex: icon_lol: not important, the main thing is gameplay and conversations.) Modified on July 13, 2013 by soliddante

P
PortalX3 28.07.21

Graphics are important when you have interesting gameplay and storylines.

Still, progress does not stand still and playing the old-school games of the 90s is no longer so interesting because of this very graphics.

Moreover, physical effects are very important now. 

One can argue on this topic for a very long time, only it is not necessary at all.

O
Old_Snake_ 28.07.21

If the game is good, then everything in it should be of high quality!

Z
Zaraisky 28.07.21

I do not care. if only there were no frankly cutting eyes of horror on the kind of frightening shadows from Gran Turismo 5.

S
SpikeLeeAngel 28.07.21

It is desirable, of course, that there is a grafon, but you can completely do without it) The game Fahrenheit is the most striking confirmation of this)

Modified on Aug 17, 2013 by SpikeLeeAngel