3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gefus 02.09.21 12:13 am

Watch Dogs (PC)

they say they brought in for the red firewood

123 Comments
Sort by:
i
iYopte 02.09.21

I tested it, I report.
Video systems 770, i5 4570, 8 ram, ssd (cost per pc 45k)
Settings: high textures (not ultra), full hd, xbao (or whatever is this rubbish called?) Disabled, anti-aliasing is the simplest (what is the first)
Result: on a typewriter it is good if 30fps holds, often there are friezes, it is not played smoothly.
Conclusion: I had to take it to PS4 (and why do they say the consoles are weak? Even if they pull perfectly))
Reflections: even if I bought a top-end 780, there wouldn't be much difference? Well, it is more powerful by 20 percent, it would not be 25 (the minimum value), but 33 fps (keep in mind not everything is still on the maximum).
Question: what kind of ps is needed to go to 60 fps for ultra and at least 2x msaa?
P. S. Sorry for the continuous text, I am writing from the phone Modified on May 28, 2014 by iYopte

H
Honor 02.09.21

Note. Again, the owner of nvidia, who speaks of low performance on a cool video card.

O
Ozu 02.09.21

[member = 'iYopte'], AMD should have been taken.

[member = 'EvgenyMirkin'], yeah, his vidyuha is a little better than mine.

Nvidia smishnye. Piarels with might and main, but in the end radic is better

L
L3onS 02.09.21

[member = 'iYopte'], 770 with 4 GB, i7 3770k, 8 GB of RAM, everything is on ultra except anti-aliasing and hbao, they are on average. In the city, 50-60 fps, by car it can drop to 40.

G
Gefus 02.09.21

I have 660ti and I play at high-ultra, it's all about anti-aliasing, in fact 

O
Ozu 02.09.21

[quote name = 'Gefus' timestamp = '1401302759' post = '4176808'] it's all about anti-aliasing actually [/ quote]

noup 

i
iYopte 02.09.21

[b] [member = 'L3onS'] [/ b], or the percent does not pull, or the video memory is not enough, or you are cunning

O
Ozu 02.09.21

By the way, after wach dags I decided to take i7 to a new computer

i
iYopte 02.09.21

[b] [member = 'L3onS'] [/ b], is vertical sync enabled too?

B
Blink 55 02.09.21

put the vertical on one, if you put it on two, then at 60HZ TV, monitor. she locks at 30 fps

Perhaps more disappointing are the issues with PC performance. We noted a lot of comments online about stutter and can confirm that this is an issue, even with powerful gaming hardware. It appears that streaming of assets is the major culprit as adjusting texture quality has much more of an effect than dialling back graphical presets. We'll go into depth on PC performance in the full Face-Off, coming soon, but first impressions are that while the stutter issue remains in effect on Nvidia hardware (with v-sync active, we see occasional frame-time dips from 16ms to 33ms to 50ms), it is much more of an issue with the AMD cards. Even going nuclear and throwing a top-end 290X at the problem didn't produce a satisfactory experience

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-dogs-performance-analysis

Modified May 28, 2014 by Blink 55

L
L3onS 02.09.21

[member = 'iYopte'], yes, it is set to 1.

C
CronXPX 02.09.21

For statistics, I will also share the performance: on i5-4670K @ 4.1 | GTX 770 2Gb @ 1150/7800 | Samsung 840 Pro, on the ultra, except for ultra textures and SMAA, without a glitch, a very comfortable FPS in the region of 50-60, but there are short friezes when driving fast around the city, especially at night. It's a shame, I hope for new patches / firewood, without friezes it will be almost perfect.

PS Shas pull the anglifier from the slippers, they say it's good, does not kill the voices of passers-by fffuuuh.gif

Modified May 28, 2014 by CronXPX

P
PortalX3 02.09.21

How to disable HUD:

http://youtu.be/G6uqiy0l7sg

B
BlackGrishka 02.09.21

how to remove jams

[spoil]When playing with everything turned up to high/ultra, there tends to be some stuttering in the framerate (especially when driving very fast or loading new environments).

To fix or migitate this impediment, you must first have created a shortcut to Watch_Dogs and add a line after the launch target. Since Steam creates shortcuts in the form of internet URLs to launch through the client, you can not edit the launch target in Steam-made shortcuts.

Therefore, you must navigate to:
X:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonWatch_Dogsbin and create a shortcut with the .exe within.

Once you have your shortcut, you can proceed to open up it's properties. At the end of the target, add:
-disablepagefilecheck
(Be sure to leave a space between the end of the launch target and the paramater.)

Alternatively, if you don't wish to have a shortcut, you can set the launch options under the properties of the game within Steam.
Open up the properties for Watch Dogs by right clicking > Set launch options... > enter "-disablepagefilecheck"
nd with that, you're done. You can also use the Borderless option concurrently with the newly created shortcut for better results. [/spoil]

O
OneOfThem 02.09.21

how to remove jams

[spoil]When playing with everything turned up to high/ultra, there tends to be some stuttering in the framerate (especially when driving very fast or loading new environments).

To fix or migitate this impediment, you must first have created a shortcut to Watch_Dogs and add a line after the launch target. Since Steam creates shortcuts in the form of internet URLs to launch through the client, you can not edit the launch target in Steam-made shortcuts.

X:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonWatch_Dogsbin and create a shortcut with the .exe within.

Once you have your shortcut, you can proceed to open up it's properties. At the end of the target, add:
-disablepagefilecheck
(Be sure to leave a space between the end of the launch target and the paramater.)

Alternatively, if you don't wish to have a shortcut, you can set the launch options under the properties of the game within Steam.
Open up the properties for Watch Dogs by right clicking > Set launch options... > enter "-disablepagefilecheck"
nd with that, you're done. You can also use the Borderless option concurrently with the newly created shortcut for better results. [/spoil]

Some miracles, now the game flies at ultra at 60fps, almost without drawdowns!

X
Xenosag 02.09.21

[quote name = 'iYopte' timestamp = '1401301995' post = '4176756'] Reflections: even if I bought the top 780, wouldn't there be much difference? Well, it is more powerful by 20 percent, it would not be 25 (the minimum value), but 33 fps (note that not everything is still on the maximum) Question: what kind of ps is needed to go to 60 fps for ultra and at least 2x msa? [/ quote]

the vertical line locks at 30 fps (even if there are small drawdowns), so that it does not lock, you need to go into the game and click "change the frame rate to 50", you can not accept this setting, the main thing is to click. After that, you will have 40-60 frames, you don't need to remove textures from the ultras, but it's better to lower the shadows. They will be lower resolution, but lighter and more realistic - not a major disaster. Performance will rise strongly, especially for friezes.

C
CronXPX 02.09.21

how to remove jams

-disablepagefilecheck

happycry.gif  It works, the friezes have disappeared, as it was not. Thanks. Well it turns out, judging by the name of the option, it disables checking for the presence of a system paging file or completely disables its use by the game think.gif? Can she really, instead of loading everything into the RAM, the game also tried to use virtual memory even if there is still room in the RAM ... Nada will now try to put ultra textures And then he put an angloifier, in general it will be super now, not a game - pleasure.pff.gif

There is no need to remove textures from ultras, but it is better to lower the shadows. They will be lower resolution, but lighter and more realistic - not a major disaster. Performance will rise strongly, especially for friezes.

I did not experiment with shadows, because in the office. the nvidia guide was grilled that their effect on the FPS is not strong. However, FPS and friezes are different things, and in the guide, two titans were used as a test bench ... I will definitely try.

Let's see if I can put MSAA x2 instead of SMAA due to shadows.

Modified May 28, 2014 by CronXPX

A
Ayanami 02.09.21

I tested it, I report.
Video systems 770, i5 4570, 8 ram, ssd (cost per pc 45k)
Settings: high textures (not ultra), full hd, xbao (or whatever is this rubbish called?) Disabled, anti-aliasing is the simplest (what is the first)
Result: on a typewriter it is good if 30fps holds, often there are friezes, it is not played smoothly.
Conclusion: I had to take it to PS4 (and why do they say the consoles are weak? Even if they pull perfectly))
Reflections: even if I bought a top-end 780, there wouldn't be much difference? Well, it is more powerful by 20 percent, it would not be 25 (the minimum value), but 33 fps (note that not everything is still on the maximum)
Question: what kind of ps is needed to go to 60 fps for ultra and at least 2x msa?
P. S. Sorry for the continuous text, I am writing from the phone

Look for the problem yourself.

I have i7 + 16gb + gtx660 + ssd

all ultra except

high textures (on ultra, friezes start, probably due to the fact that the gtx660 has only 2Gb)

HBAO + low

vsync disabled

1080p

anti-aliasing FXAA

total 35+ fps (in a city with a bunch of traffic at least 35)

if the shadows are made low + the detail is high, then it starts to run 45+

I guess your gtx770 can do more.

This link helped to enable what you need and disable what you don't need:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/watch-dogs-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide#shadows

* detailing from ultra to high does not critically change the picture + fps

** low shadows do not kill the picture + a lot of fps

*** disabling blur makes the picture more lively + fps

**** the number of frames in the buffer = 1 seriously reduces the input lag

Modified May 28, 2014 by Ayanami

L
Lexa 02.09.21

how to remove jams

-disablepagefilecheck

It did not help (As before, at the time of loading from the hard disk, the game lags. I even tried to transfer it to the SSD. Outside the load, the FPS is normal (card 670).

X
Xenosag 02.09.21

[quote name = 'CronXPX' timestamp = '1401311966' post = '4177151'] I did not experiment with shadows, because in the office. the nvidia guide was grilled that their effect on the FPS is not strong. [/ quote]

the influence is situational, i.e. those inexplicable drawdowns, a bunch of people / machines appeared - performance is greatly reduced. I deliberately experimented with this setting, at night I created a huge traffic jam so that a bunch of cars shone with headlights and the performance dropped almost twice just because of the shadows alone. You can try to remove blur (not dop, but blur), not only is the setting purely for an amateur, but it also eats away performance.

Actually, I lowered these two settings, after which I play everything else ultra and with forced AFx16. At 1080p and temporary SMAA (by the way, it is better than MSAAx2) at 670 it turns out about 40-60 fps. For me, all drawdowns were associated only with ultra-shadows, so nothing was muddied with the swap file.

[quote name = 'Kirill_Kopylenkov' timestamp = '1401313165' post = '4177195'] What is the 50 frames option ?! [/ quote]

at 50 fps, the game will work, it may be useful for those who were able to achieve a stable exactly this value, but do not have a stable 60.