3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
slayer 15.10.21 09:24 pm

Solving all technical problems (DOOM 3)

Some kind of crap: I launch Doom, a gray screen appears, then the loading bar, the sound from the video, I press ESC - a "menu" appears without inscriptions, some squares instead of buttons. What can be wrong ???
Wheelbarrow: Celeron 2200 256 DDR ASUS 9520 (GeForceFX 5200)
Firewood: ASUS FORCE WARE 52.16
Direct, which is on the disk with doom.
212 Comments
Sort by:
C
Corrosion 15.10.21

Maybe someone knows how to increase the screen refresh rate. All games on idTech4 are automatically set somewhere around 60Hz - I would like around 85! Help me please!

D
Deftones Summer 15.10.21

Firstly ....... not "somewhere around 85" but you need to set a specific parameter for updating the screen according to the capabilities of the monitor ..... to avoid reboots or damage to the monitor

console:

r_displayRefresh (frequency value)
vid_restart

everything .. ..

C
Corrosion 15.10.21

Thank God I don’t dabble in mods, but thanks for the help! Everything worked!

D
Deftones Summer 15.10.21

in other games EAX is active for me and everything is going, but Doom swears like my computer (EAX) does not support it ... oO ..... nd ..... there is a surround .. EAX is not ... PPC

D
DupaVoz 15.10.21

EAX has 4 versions. Built-in zvukovuhi (and those that are not built-in, but not very expensive) only support up to 3rd. And in the Duma there is only the 4th. So that.

G
Grek999 15.10.21

Help, I installed Doom 3 and almost immediately after starting it gives the following error: ERROR: Dana` video card / driver does not support this function.
Error during initialization
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
... wglMakeCurrent (NULL, NULL): success
... deleting GL context: success
... releasing DC: success
... destroying window
... resetting display
... shutting down QGL
... unloading OpenGL DLL
I have a vidyuha: NVidia - GeForce FX 5500
What to do I tried to install other drivers writes that more recent drivers are installed and refuses to install their.
Thank you in advance!

R
RamL BlooDRaynE2 15.10.21

Throw out your dinosaur! Or take it to the museum, it's time to save up for a new one, or a newer one.

K
Kotofey12 15.10.21

Strange, the card must support. People in the previous generation also launched nothing ...

X
Xaker 23 15.10.21

People and I have such shit shorter installed doom 3 from 1c and in aa when I got to the alpha lab 2, then some kind of voice says that it’s like a good thing to come and then it’s a bug or a glitch?

A
ASRock52 15.10.21

Xaker 23
At the very beginning, when do you just leave the elevator? if you mean it, then this is not a bug or a glitch ...: D

Y
YElinika 15.10.21

Tried reinstalling DOOM3. There is no sound in the game. When you open the installation disc, there is sound, but in the game there is silence. Other games run fine with sound. On other computers, everything boots from the same disk normally. Play with sound. What for nafig ?!

r
r0b0tf00t 15.10.21

Greetings! After installing "Doom 3 Supplement (2009)" the text in the game became in English, help to return the Russian. text without using russifiers !!!

r
r0b0tf00t 15.10.21

Greetings again))) Help run the game in widescreen mode ((

D
DEviLPr0 15.10.21

So in the settings, isn't it?

r
r0b0tf00t 15.10.21

Nope, there are only standard resolutions and I patched the game right up to version 1.3.1, I thought (((

k
ksettt 15.10.21

I have a problem launching RoE too.
Throws error:
ERROR: wrong game DLL API version
Error during initialization
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
... wglMakeCurrent (NULL, NULL): success
.. .deleting GL context: success
... releasing DC: success
... destroying window
... resetting display
... shutting down QGL
... unloading OpenGL DLL

(PS Before that, everything went fine, deleted, wait, put the PPC again ...)

G
GamerHABCE100 15.10.21

Reinstall the directory.

k
ksettt 15.10.21

GamerHABCE100 do you mean reinstall the game in a different folder?

H
Hrip 15.10.21

Maybe so ... Erase, clean the registry, put it back?

G
GamerHABCE100 15.10.21

I mean DirectX. In your error, the last line asks to reinstall the OpenGL DLL.