3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ACE 31.10.21 11:13 am

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Genre - FPS

Developer -
Gearbox Software
Nerve Software
TimeGate Studios
Demiurge Studios

Publisher - SEGA
Engine - RED RING (UE3 with a new visualization system)
Platforms - PC, Xbox 360, PS3
Release date - February 12, 2013
Game in development since 2006.

Plot;

The action takes place 16 weeks after the death of Ellen Ripley. The plot starts at the moment when a team of four paratroopers (Winter, Bella, O'Neill and Munday) arrive on the ship Sulako, from which Ripley was automatically evacuated in an escape pod at the beginning of the film Alien 3. The task of the squad is to investigate the details of the incident there. In addition to Sulako, players will visit the planet LV-426.

Gameplay:

The game is a team shooter. The player controls the squad by giving orders. In order to more firmly connect the game with the films, the developers decided to abandon the ability to pick up weapons from the floor - they will only be allowed to use service ones. Each soldier will be able to carry four items: main and auxiliary weapons, one special device and grenades. The main weapon is most often an assault rifle or a heavy machine gun. The sub is a personal weapon of every fighter (like the Hicks gun in the film). Special equipment allows you to classify team members. It includes: a motion sensor - a heavy screen, divided into sectors, on which approaching enemies are indicated by blue dots; a cutter that allows you to open jammed doors; gas burner to seal doors; first-aid kit to "revive" the fallen soldiers and to treat acid burns.
In the single player campaign, an intuitive task system, like the one in Star Wars: Republic Commando, will help organize the actions of subordinates. That is, it will be possible to order colleagues to attack or retreat, as well as give them contextual commands. Pointing to the turret, the soldier will occupy it, pointing to the closed door, the soldier will open it with a cutter, and so on.
Also, the developers have introduced the Quick Time Events system into the game, when the player must quickly press the necessary keys in order to perform some action, for example, to throw a stranger away from himself. Such mise-en-scenes will not be planned and are intended to give a cinematic look to what is happening.

Enemies:

The enemy in the game will be represented by several types of xenomorphs:
Facehugger - a face-hugger-parasite that attacks the victim, attaching itself to his face in order to lay the embryo of an alien in the body.
Scout - xenomorphs acting stealthily, attacking from cover.
Warrior - xenomorph warriors, resemble individuals from the second film of the cycle. They are outnumbered.
Drone is a xenomorph drone from the Alien movie.
Queen is the queen of the xenomorphs who plays the role of the boss in the game.
Crusher is a large xenomorph that crushes everything in its path. Most likely it will be one of the bosses.
There will also be shootouts with other people in the game.

While the list of developers raises concerns - it is very similar to the situation with Duke Nukem Foreva. But I'm waiting for the game as a fan of "Aliens".

Modified on July 5, 2013 by Wurz-7
124 Comments
Sort by:
E
Esperanza 31.10.21

beautiful collectible. delay for years release-is able to warm up the game + DLC for 15 bucks announced soon will be released.

r
reptail 31.10.21

I looked at the walkthrough: well, the first 8 minutes were definitely tolerable at the time of measurement, I hopefully remain with the opinion that it will still be possible to walk through on a PC, at least for the sake of the plot, maybe it's not so bad there. I just really wanted some new toy in the alien universe and, since they slipped it to us, there is no choice spravedlivo.png

PS Well, from the games causing concern now only Lara is left, I hope she will not have such a setup.

Modified on Feb 8, 2013 by reptail

B
BDM 31.10.21

Aliens on Boxing - Get Your Eyes Out. Perhaps it will be better on a PC, but it will not fix stupid and braking aliens. I like only familiar sounds. 

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

2 hours played the
exact verdict the average jester of 2005-06. In general xs what was the delay in the game. But definitely not polishing. Over the years it was already possible to update the engine and write the
game all over again, but it could turn out good jester, even if monotonous
p.s.
poor Bishop  loool.gif
image_5114c2f225969_small.jpg

image_5114c6a20da4b_small.jpgimage_5114c6ad88386_small.jpgimage_5114c6c0a0235_small.jpgimage_5114c6d29ee83_small.jpg Modified on February 8, 2013 by Esperanza

P
Paskudation 31.10.21

Sadly. Apparently, when all the talented people from Gearbox all this time were making the gorgeous Borderlands 2, and nobody touched Aliens. Otherwise, I cannot explain such a striking difference in the quality of these two games. Well, or Gearbox normally only works with 2K.

Modified on Feb 8, 2013 by Agsan

J
John 31.10.21

In Steam it weighs 5.5 gigs

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

then it seems like half is not so.

N
Neversmile 31.10.21

Sadly. Apparently, when all the talented people from Gearbox all this time were making the gorgeous Borderlands 2, and nobody touched Aliens. Otherwise, I cannot explain such a striking difference in the quality of these two games. Well, or Gearbox normally only works with 2K.

both games are of the same quality. Only the first one with loot that many liked.

How many promises I remember that was at the expense of the aliens back in 2007. The masterpiece was planned, and now even strangers' acid is harmless.

V
Vadimeys 31.10.21

[member = 'Esperanza'], 

As I thought, we took the borderlands and removed the cell shading. Something like this.

[member = 'Neversmile'], 

Different level. Although the models of ordinary characters they always had shitty ones. I mean characters of normal proportions.

In general, everything looks as if they took the first border, removed the cell shading and shoved everything into the dark corridors

what are the bonuses for the steam version, which costs 900 rubles? how does it differ from the edition for 500 rubles which I can find in other stores?

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

2 half is really good and atmospheric and the plot warmed up, the graphon became more familiar

and by the way I will give food for thought

1 Persian from 2 parts alive)

zyy

everything went through the game. a little sweat at the end. malya the plot took out the brain. turned everything at the end

the principle is not bad. on a pc it is even worth buying

A
ACE 31.10.21

Well, the grafon in the game is not so bad. Duke was many times worse. but here it's just the level of the first box and there is nothing more ugly.

the gameplay is lousy and the plot is not very good yet

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

Well, the grafon in the game is not so bad. Duke was many times worse. but here it's just the level of the first box and there is nothing more ugly.

the gameplay is lousy and the plot is not very good yet

I spat on the first 3 levels, and then I went quite tolerable

the game could be very good, but alas, mediocrities have not done anything for 4 years. the game is good. but the level of 2006.

A
ACE 31.10.21

in 2006 there were normal jokers. the game is just not very good.

n
nagibator666 31.10.21

Yes, as soon as you start the thought - where have you been for the last 6 years ?! In 2006-2007, a normal shooter would be, even an excellent one.

A
ACE 31.10.21

[b] [member = 'Esperanza'] [/ b], how many levels are there?

V
Vadimeys 31.10.21

The pirate came out even on PS3megusta.gif 

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

[member = 'Esperanza'], how many levels are there?

eleven

The pirate came out even on PS3megusta.gif 

I'm on ps3 and passed)

N
Neversmile 31.10.21

[member = 'Esperanza'], 

As I thought, we took the borderlands and removed the cell shading. Something like this.

[member = 'Neversmile'], 

Different level. Although the models of ordinary characters they always had shitty ones. I mean characters of normal proportions.

In general, everything looks as if they took the first border, removed the cell shading and shoved everything into the dark corridors

what are the bonuses for the steam version, which costs 900 rubles? how does it differ from the edition for 500 rubles which I can find in other stores?

Well, yes. And it immediately became clear what a border really is.

It's very sad that Vigil studios with their Darksiders are closing and shit-makers like Pitchford are thriving. 

Z
Zewso 31.10.21

The game seemed to be about 6 years old. There the plot was changed 100 times (the project was closed). We consulted with the filmmakers. As I understand it, there will be no such nostalgia, as when watching the same films ... did not wait ..

S
SerorDe 31.10.21

There is an opinion that for all these references, nostalgia and the plot rewritten 100 times, they forgot to screw the game itself. It was always strange to see a long-term game that turns out to be shit. Even if the graphics are not particularly correct, there was enough time to improve, polish, improve, diversify the gameplay component. In general, one gets the impression that the games are simply put in the box and then after 4-6 years they are released without changing anything.