3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ACE 31.10.21 11:13 am

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Genre - FPS

Developer -
Gearbox Software
Nerve Software
TimeGate Studios
Demiurge Studios

Publisher - SEGA
Engine - RED RING (UE3 with a new visualization system)
Platforms - PC, Xbox 360, PS3
Release date - February 12, 2013
Game in development since 2006.

Plot;

The action takes place 16 weeks after the death of Ellen Ripley. The plot starts at the moment when a team of four paratroopers (Winter, Bella, O'Neill and Munday) arrive on the ship Sulako, from which Ripley was automatically evacuated in an escape pod at the beginning of the film Alien 3. The task of the squad is to investigate the details of the incident there. In addition to Sulako, players will visit the planet LV-426.

Gameplay:

The game is a team shooter. The player controls the squad by giving orders. In order to more firmly connect the game with the films, the developers decided to abandon the ability to pick up weapons from the floor - they will only be allowed to use service ones. Each soldier will be able to carry four items: main and auxiliary weapons, one special device and grenades. The main weapon is most often an assault rifle or a heavy machine gun. The sub is a personal weapon of every fighter (like the Hicks gun in the film). Special equipment allows you to classify team members. It includes: a motion sensor - a heavy screen, divided into sectors, on which approaching enemies are indicated by blue dots; a cutter that allows you to open jammed doors; gas burner to seal doors; first-aid kit to "revive" the fallen soldiers and to treat acid burns.
In the single player campaign, an intuitive task system, like the one in Star Wars: Republic Commando, will help organize the actions of subordinates. That is, it will be possible to order colleagues to attack or retreat, as well as give them contextual commands. Pointing to the turret, the soldier will occupy it, pointing to the closed door, the soldier will open it with a cutter, and so on.
Also, the developers have introduced the Quick Time Events system into the game, when the player must quickly press the necessary keys in order to perform some action, for example, to throw a stranger away from himself. Such mise-en-scenes will not be planned and are intended to give a cinematic look to what is happening.

Enemies:

The enemy in the game will be represented by several types of xenomorphs:
Facehugger - a face-hugger-parasite that attacks the victim, attaching itself to his face in order to lay the embryo of an alien in the body.
Scout - xenomorphs acting stealthily, attacking from cover.
Warrior - xenomorph warriors, resemble individuals from the second film of the cycle. They are outnumbered.
Drone is a xenomorph drone from the Alien movie.
Queen is the queen of the xenomorphs who plays the role of the boss in the game.
Crusher is a large xenomorph that crushes everything in its path. Most likely it will be one of the bosses.
There will also be shootouts with other people in the game.

While the list of developers raises concerns - it is very similar to the situation with Duke Nukem Foreva. But I'm waiting for the game as a fan of "Aliens".

Modified on July 5, 2013 by Wurz-7
124 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vadimeys 31.10.21

[quote name = 'SerorDe' timestamp = '1360345931' post = '3101344'] There is an opinion that for all these references, nostalgia and the plot rewritten 100 times, they forgot to screw the game itself. It was always strange to see a long-term game that turns out to be shit. Even if the graphics are not particularly correct, there was enough time to improve, polish, improve, diversify the gameplay component. In general, one gets the impression that the games are simply put in the box and then after 4-6 years they are released without changing anything. [/ quote]

thumbnail_2_9a924972_v2.jpg 

S
SerorDe 31.10.21

[member = 'Vadimeys'], Well, what am I talking about. dad.gif  The most interesting thing about Duke is throwing shit: polished mechanics, thoughtful dialogues, brilliant interaction with the outside world.

A
ACE 31.10.21

Levels 4 and 5 are cool.

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

Levels 4 and 5 are cool.

as I said after 1-3 levels will go as it should

-
- = Ruslan = - 31.10.21

Well, you see the game has become cooler, as I understand it? I already want to play myself, but I'm waiting for the Russian version, all the currents will be with Russian voice acting.

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

Well, you see the game has become cooler, as I understand it? I already want to play myself, but I'm waiting for the Russian version, all the currents will be with Russian voice acting.

such a game that even at first you will be 100% sure that hellish trash, but then it goes well, although I put 6.5 points, but I do not regret the time that I killed on a single.

-
- = Ruslan = - 31.10.21

[member = 'Esperanza'], How many hours of play? is there any expectation in the game? 

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

[member = 'Esperanza'], is there any expectation in the game? 

what-the-fuck.png

average-hours 5 and a half like-that's enough 

I started it on hard and got a pepper at 5 point. all the same, like with halo in coop and on max, you need to go through to understand the game: up:

Modified on February 8, 2013 by Esperanza

-
- = Ruslan = - 31.10.21

[member = 'Esperanza'], And what is the best difficulty level to put right away?

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

[member = 'Esperanza'], And what is the best difficulty level to put right away?

one will play play on average

N
NetSky 31.10.21

co-op storyline for a single or separate missions?

A
ACE 31.10.21

storyline - for 4 people. 

V
Vadimeys 31.10.21

In general, I bought the game.

I am looking for people to go to the coop

N
NetSky 31.10.21

Well

storyline - for 4 people.

figase, cheto me here who told that only a separate set, well, even IMO this moment only + gives)

I am looking for people to go to the coop

yab took but who gives a guarantee that you will not gather people there)) on the PC?

hmm, the 11th comes out, I even thought that you were already waiting for a fool)) well, in general, it will be possible to buy and go through)

Modified Feb 9, 2013 by NetSky

K
Kreslodav 31.10.21

[member = 'Vadimeys'], why did you do it why.gif

V
Vaganovich 31.10.21

In general, we passed the game with a friend on a horse in a coop on the same screen.

I'll start with the graphic component, everything is sluggish, except for the lighting effects in some places. Animation, models, textures, everything is on the same level, nothing brilliant, but nothing over and above shitty, I would put just below the C grade. Black on ps2 was better.

The gameplay, here I can't say anything at all, is a jester like a jester, like a bunch of kalofduti, borderlands (but at least he is an RPG), the first halflife. There is no variety except for the level where you have to crawl into the quiet room among the sleeping strangers, and a couple of levels on the loader, and the last boss.

Plot: Finally some kind of mess, in the beginning they throw a pretentious militarized shit on you, then there is a general panic and fuss, shouts over the radio, throwing partners, I was sincerely glad that the ships were then the same. In general, it's easier to say what made me happy, the mission where you need to help out a girl's partner named Bella, and the last video, with the phrase - "just try to pronounce her name and I'll shoot you."

-"Bella"

Everything else is slag, I'm an adherent of PS2 games, but even Silent Hill and the MGS series are better graphically with the same sluggish textures.

I sincerely believed and waited, hoping that the game would become more scary due to the fact that the predator, with its blasters, would finally be detached from it. And everything turned out to be worse, and the cooperative still does not save her, just like the sixth resident. There were games that were saved by the co-op, Borderlands, the fifth resident, the gears of war, but here, maybe if there are four people take a bunch of beer and pizza chips, smoke weed, then they will pull, but in such companies, fighting games usually jerk off.

Modified on February 9, 2013 by Vaganovich

A
ACE 31.10.21

[member = 'Vaganovich'] thanks for the spoilers.

T
Tuborg 31.10.21

played one on hard, went through three levels - in principle, not so much shit, playable average by 6.5 points, in the end he can pull by seven, have seen shit and worse

the style of the film is audio-visual perfectly, I, as a big fan of the film, pleased me, plus a fan service like a shotgun hicks, etc.

in short, do not exaggerate about her shitty

the same duke, I didn't even master the demo, for example

funny, all the last games on my box in the signature are safay thrillers, such a gorgeous genre, it's a pity that they are rare

Modified Feb 9, 2013 by Tuborg

V
Vadimeys 31.10.21

[member = 'Vadimeys'], why did you do it why.gif

My salary is what I want and I do

L
Lex mercer 31.10.21

TimeGate Studios is who made this game. Not Gearbox. When I turned it on, everyone was waiting for the logo to show some other thread of the developer company. And damn it, you won't believe it, but I waited. TimeGate Studios in all its glory, the eternal creators of shitty shooters. I did not pass the first three levels, but everything that I saw caused me wild horror and incomprehension - how this could appear in 2013 ...

And I also ordered a collectible :(

PS Fight fear is a very correct slogan, the game is really scary to play ...

PSS Maybe I'm exaggerating and hysterical, but I just did not expect such a bad project ... 

Modified Feb 9, 2013 by Lex Mercer