3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ACE 31.10.21 11:13 am

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Genre - FPS

Developer -
Gearbox Software
Nerve Software
TimeGate Studios
Demiurge Studios

Publisher - SEGA
Engine - RED RING (UE3 with a new visualization system)
Platforms - PC, Xbox 360, PS3
Release date - February 12, 2013
Game in development since 2006.

Plot;

The action takes place 16 weeks after the death of Ellen Ripley. The plot starts at the moment when a team of four paratroopers (Winter, Bella, O'Neill and Munday) arrive on the ship Sulako, from which Ripley was automatically evacuated in an escape pod at the beginning of the film Alien 3. The task of the squad is to investigate the details of the incident there. In addition to Sulako, players will visit the planet LV-426.

Gameplay:

The game is a team shooter. The player controls the squad by giving orders. In order to more firmly connect the game with the films, the developers decided to abandon the ability to pick up weapons from the floor - they will only be allowed to use service ones. Each soldier will be able to carry four items: main and auxiliary weapons, one special device and grenades. The main weapon is most often an assault rifle or a heavy machine gun. The sub is a personal weapon of every fighter (like the Hicks gun in the film). Special equipment allows you to classify team members. It includes: a motion sensor - a heavy screen, divided into sectors, on which approaching enemies are indicated by blue dots; a cutter that allows you to open jammed doors; gas burner to seal doors; first-aid kit to "revive" the fallen soldiers and to treat acid burns.
In the single player campaign, an intuitive task system, like the one in Star Wars: Republic Commando, will help organize the actions of subordinates. That is, it will be possible to order colleagues to attack or retreat, as well as give them contextual commands. Pointing to the turret, the soldier will occupy it, pointing to the closed door, the soldier will open it with a cutter, and so on.
Also, the developers have introduced the Quick Time Events system into the game, when the player must quickly press the necessary keys in order to perform some action, for example, to throw a stranger away from himself. Such mise-en-scenes will not be planned and are intended to give a cinematic look to what is happening.

Enemies:

The enemy in the game will be represented by several types of xenomorphs:
Facehugger - a face-hugger-parasite that attacks the victim, attaching itself to his face in order to lay the embryo of an alien in the body.
Scout - xenomorphs acting stealthily, attacking from cover.
Warrior - xenomorph warriors, resemble individuals from the second film of the cycle. They are outnumbered.
Drone is a xenomorph drone from the Alien movie.
Queen is the queen of the xenomorphs who plays the role of the boss in the game.
Crusher is a large xenomorph that crushes everything in its path. Most likely it will be one of the bosses.
There will also be shootouts with other people in the game.

While the list of developers raises concerns - it is very similar to the situation with Duke Nukem Foreva. But I'm waiting for the game as a fan of "Aliens".

Modified on July 5, 2013 by Wurz-7
124 Comments
Sort by:
x
xeksus 31.10.21

[quote name = "Kreslodav1" post = "3099955" timestamp = "1360269381"] Guys, do not buy THIS, who did the reorder, refuse it until it's too late I played boxing, I hasten to share my joy - the game is terrible shit. Textures are paradise for Vanomas, he will arrange creative evenings on it. The pixels are square, everything is nailed to the floor and does not move, the shooting is completely fucked up - the xenomorphs are twisting from all sides, the weapon is shooting like a New Year's firecracker. Horror, what kind of atmosphere is there. Animation is crooked, on the current generation of consoles, characters have never run so crookedly. What is happening on the screen is more like some kind of freak circus. Taki Pitchford was shitty - first Duke now this one Passed another level, I started having heartburn. It seems that Gearbox moved the (crooked) game of the year 2001 to the UE3 engine. There are many strangers they can be killed, attention, drum roll - BY THE APPLICATION, acid does no harm at all, the partner is stupid as a cork, for the level he cut out the door 5 times and I guarded him, shooting off crowds of strangers, cheerfully, and most importantly, how diverse. James Cameron and Ridley Scott cry quietly in the corner. Maybe on a PC, textures will be more honorable, but this will not change the overall picture, epic fail [/ quote] Here is a true review of the game from the classic psbrod :) not a word about the plot, which after the second chapter is very even :) and the acid damage is on the hard! !! a game for fans of the universe plus a very fat collectible :) James Cameron and Ridley Scott cry quietly in the corner. Maybe on a PC, textures will be more honorable, but this will not change the overall picture, epic fail [/ quote] Here is a true review of the game from the classic psbrod :) not a word about the plot, which after the second chapter is very even :) and the acid damage is on the hard! !! a game for fans of the universe plus a very fat collectible :) James Cameron and Ridley Scott cry quietly in the corner. Maybe on a PC, textures will be more honorable, but this will not change the overall picture, epic fail [/ quote] Here is a true review of the game from the classic psbrod :) not a word about the plot, which after the second chapter is very even :) and the acid damage is on the hard! !! a game for fans of the universe plus a very fat collectible :)

I'm taking to boxing on Monday :) who is ready to run around in a coop?

K
Kreslodav 31.10.21

[member = 'xeksus'], wrong :-D

-
- = Ruslan = - 31.10.21

[member = 'xeksus'], Of course, buy it for health, but I personally have not played the game myself yet, but the game is worth only blanks to be honest.

M
MWorld II 31.10.21

[quote name = '- = Ruslan = -' timestamp = '1360422656' post = '3102551'] but I personally have not played the game myself yet, but the game is only worth a blank to be honest. [/ quote]

if you haven't played, how do you know that it is "worth" only a blank? : facepalm:  

A
ACE 31.10.21

Sadness. Almost passed and then the game lost its seed. Now from the beginning, but I won't. Fuck they

E
Esperanza 31.10.21

Sadness. Almost passed and then the game lost its seed. Now from the beginning, but I won't. Fuck they

played boxing?

-
- = Ruslan = - 31.10.21

but I personally have not played the game myself yet, but the game is only worth a blank to be honest.

if you haven't played, how do you know that it is "worth" only a blank? : facepalm:  

Judging by the video walkthrough on YouTube, it can be seen that the game is cheap, and there is no point in spending money on it, because its price is too expensive for such a game, who knows how better to buy Dead Space 3 than this game.

I'm not saying that you need to play the shit game everything exactly, but what I expected from it will not happen, I personally will go through it for the sake of sports interest, I'm waiting for the Russian version to appear.

Modified on February 9, 2013 by user - = Ruslan = -

V
Vadimeys 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Lex Mercer' timestamp = '1360416427' post = '3102375'] TimeGate Studios is who made this game. Not Gearbox. When I turned it on, everyone was waiting for the logo to show some other thread of the developer company. And damn it, you won't believe it, but I waited. TimeGate Studios in all its glory, the eternal creators of shitty shooters. I did not pass the first three levels, but everything that I saw caused me wild horror and incomprehension - how this could appear in 2013 ... And I also ordered a collectible :( PS Fight fear is a very correct slogan, the game is really scary to play ... PSS Maybe I'm exaggerating and hysteria, but I just did not expect such a bad project ... [/ quote]

Time Gate was porting, so don't talk nonsense 

H
HeydocHawke 31.10.21

by the way on plati.ru the game costs 350 rubles

http://plati.ru/asp/find.asp?searchstr=ALIENS+COLONIAL+MARINES&checkwords=

decent price.

S
Sh1nn 31.10.21

Games TM - 4/10

K
Kreslodav 31.10.21

[member = 'Sh1nn'], I think the max score will be around 6-6.5

L
Lex mercer 31.10.21

[quote name = 'Vadimeys' timestamp = '1360433807' post = '3102832'] Time Gate was porting, so don't be bullshit [/ quote]

Those. did Gearbox do that? By yourself? 

R
RL Rooha 31.10.21

Suddenly.

A
ACE 31.10.21

There, at the beginning, they write several studios. - the same Nerv softveir.

V
Vadimeys 31.10.21

Gearbox is the main one 

Nerve-like porting

Time Gate Outsourcing

something like this

B
Baguslav 31.10.21

I played the subject. finally not a fan of expressing his opinion. but I'm a big fan of Cameroon strangers. therefore I will write for those who have not played.

in the game everything is pathetic, but it very much puts pressure on nostalgia. sulako, hadlis hope, an alien ship from the first part, all interiors, equipment, weapons, sounds and musical accompaniment are recognizable, the consequences of the actions of the characters from the film are obvious. 

so if you are a fan of the movie, well you will be plevazza but you will pass. the rest pass by.

Modified on February 11, 2013 by Baguslav

B
Blink 55 31.10.21

Thanks.

probably have to take.

nostalgia and atmosphere are our everything. : icon_cool:

C
Caxap 31.10.21

Games TM - 4/10

this is a blow, this is an explosion!

A
ACE 31.10.21

we'll probably give 5 points

[member = 'Vadimeys'], 

Gearbox - PR and razvodilovo

Timegate, Nerve - developers

Demiurge - adaptation for WiiU

K
Kreslodav 31.10.21

[member = 'ACE'], and there is nowhere higher, even a co-op will not save the game, and even visually late by 5-6 years