3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Roman 06.11.21 11:15 pm

UNREAL No. 2

Let's discuss this game as it is coming out very soon.

124 Comments
Sort by:
R
Roman 06.11.21

Sitting like a fool, thinking what to play, forcing myself to take on Heavy Metal FAKK2 or Morrowind.

G
Guest 06.11.21

All good games have already been completed ... although there are still 12 chairs: D

though U2 has not seen yet. Who is from the CIS, where can you buy?

R
Roman 06.11.21

All good games have already been completed ... though U2 has not yet seen. Who is from the CIS, where can I buy?

Strangely, not in Estonia yet? Something bad your pirates, do not work!

G
Guest 06.11.21

All good games have already been completed ... though U2 has not yet seen. Who is from the CIS, where can you buy?

and where can I find these pirates? I go to the store, and there they tell me that they were not officially released, well, they generally do not have. We have a newspaper, buy and sell, "Privat Info" is called. It is sold there ... but hell, you know what they will sell to you: cry:

R
Roman 06.11.21

All good games have already been completed ... though U2 has not yet seen. Who is from the CIS, where can I buy?

and where can I find these pirates? I go to the store, and there they tell me that they were not officially released, well, they generally do not have. We have a newspaper, buy and sell, "Privat Info" is called. It is sold there ... but hell, you know what they will sell to you: cry:

Do not Cry! :) I am sure that you will have it from day to day! Besides, I passed it and was not very stunned!

G
Guest 06.11.21

Do not Cry! :) I am sure that you will have it from day to day! Besides, I passed it and was not very stunned!

we'll hope

: cry: :(: | :): D :-D

S
Segal 06.11.21

I passed Unreal 2.

Here are the impressions:

1. The game is not buggy. For all the time I have never noticed a single mistake.

2. Unreal 2 slows down more than Unreal Tournament 2003 - on my UT2003 computer at 1024x768 all-inclusive works without brakes, but in Unreal 2 I had to put everything in the middle. Why - I don't know, actually Unreal Tournament is prettier than U2. In any case, now there is no game more beautiful than U2 / UT2003.

3. The gameplay itself is interesting, albeit too short - I completed the game for Normal hours in 8-9.

4. The plot, if we discard the outright bloopers caused by the genre (like the fact that one person saves everyone) is very good. Traveling around the ship and communicating with the crew is also very, very good.

5. The ability to display cannons and fences is just a bomb! And if you add to this the ability to give the simplest orders to the Marines, then in general ecstasy. My favorite mission is to defend the professor with all this arsenal.

6. The character designs are amazing. Such gorgeous space suits were only in AvP, but they got there on a film license. The monsters are interesting too. I was only upset by the heavy suit of female mercenaries - well, I don't believe that serious killers would go in swimsuits in an almost completely transparent spacesuit. Not fashion models, tea.

In general, I liked the game. Reminds AvP2 without strangers and predators :) In the sense, the atmosphere reminds.

I would not call it a megahit, but she honestly deserved four plus. It seems to me that they scold her like that, because they expected some kind of revelation, but got just a good game.

B
Born Again 06.11.21

4. The plot, if we discard the outright bloopers caused by the genre (like the fact that one person saves everyone) is very good. Traveling around the ship and communicating with the crew is also very, very good.

Particularly interesting was Hawkins' answer to the question of why skaarjs need artifacts - "Well, they know that we want 'em, so they want' em too". Plot at height: D

In general, I liked the game. Reminds AvP2 without strangers and predators :) In the sense, the atmosphere reminds.

The penultimate levels - yes, but I had a feeling of deja-vu all the time, then I realized that it looks like Red Faction very much.

I would not call it a megahit, but she honestly deserved four plus. It seems to me that they scold her like that, because they expected some kind of revelation, but got just a good game.

Yes. The people needed another fetish for which they would pray, sitting at the monitors and splashing them with saliva with delight, and they just got a toy suitable to while away the evening (or two).

b
blackrain 06.11.21

2. Unreal 2 slows down more than Unreal Tournament 2003 - ... Anyway, now there is no game more beautiful than U2 / UT2003.

Yeah ... it's strange, but Legend took a more crude version of Warfare, or took him naked, completely without gingerbread :(

5. The ability to display cannons and fences is just a bomb!

um ... I remember it back in Half-Life: TF it was ... or maybe even earlier ...

T
Talker 06.11.21

2. Unreal 2 slows down more than Unreal Tournament 2003 - ... Anyway, now there is no game more beautiful than U2 / UT2003.

Yeah ... it's strange, but Legend took a more crude version of Warfare, or took him naked, completely without gingerbread :(

5. The ability to display cannons and fences is just a bomb!

um ... I remember it back in Half-Life: TF it was ... or maybe even earlier ...

U2 / Ut2003 are made on anril yenjin ... Warfare comes out somewhere in the middle of 2004 and will be very cool ... I've heard this information ...

T
Talker 06.11.21

I warn you right away in the first Unreal (when it came out, my computer didn't pull it, when I started to pull it, I didn't want to play it anymore) I didn’t play, U2 hadn’t passed yet.

It appears that after reading on various forums shouts of “sax”, “rollz”, “a fool himself” ... I bought this game, although I was not going to do it before the upgrade. lack of RAM, you see, give it 512ram ... And somehow I don't want to play with medium textures ... A solution was found, in open spaces of medium texutra, in High rooms ... I play with 1024X768 AA2X (it is not recommended to play without AA, ladders are just very striking) AF4X with the condition of switching texture detailing, no brakes ... In general, the graphics please me with quite clear textures (not all true), decent level geometry, good special effects, a well-made particle system, not bad level design. There are, of course, disadvantages such as interpenetration of bodies, lousy "twitchy" animation, except that the opponents are not so DULL (this word should be written with capital letters when it comes to AI in the RF game :)), Serious Sam (sometimes there are quite a lot of enemies) and Ut2003 (enemies behave almost like bots in ut2003, constantly moving , strafe, they shoot well, and that's good, since the skirmish with each skarge turns into a small deathmatch (especially on anryl difficulty), and this is much more interesting than shooting stupid "meat") ... I didn't really like the balance of weapons, almost a universal assault rifle for her without any problems, you can take out any enemies (at least those that I have seen so far). Surprisingly not a bad boomstyk aka a pistol is not bad for dealing with a handful of enemies Serious Sam (sometimes there are quite a lot of enemies) and Ut2003 (enemies behave almost like bots in ut2003, they constantly move, strafe, shoot well, and this is good, since a skirmish with each scarge turns into a small deathmatch (especially on anryl difficulty), and it's much more interesting than shooting stupid "meat") ... I didn't really like the balance of the weapon, its almost universal assault rifle can take out any enemies without any problems (at least those that I have seen so far). Surprisingly not a bad boomstyk aka a pistol is not bad for fighting a handful of enemies Serious Sam (sometimes there are quite a lot of enemies) and Ut2003 (enemies behave almost like bots in ut2003, they constantly move, strafe, shoot well, and this is good, since a skirmish with each scarge turns into a small deathmatch (especially on anryl difficulty), and it's much more interesting than shooting stupid "meat") ... I didn't really like the balance of the weapon, its almost universal assault rifle can take out any enemies without any problems (at least those that I have seen so far). Surprisingly not a bad boomstyk aka a pistol is not bad for fighting a handful of enemies than to shoot stupid "meat") ... I didn't really like the balance of the weapon, an almost universal assault rifle can take out any enemies without any problems (at least those that I have seen so far). Surprisingly not a bad boomstyk aka a pistol is not bad for fighting a handful of enemies than to shoot stupid "meat") ... I didn't really like the balance of the weapon, an almost universal assault rifle can take out any enemies without any problems (at least those that I have seen so far). Surprisingly not a bad boomstyk aka a pistol is not bad for fighting a handful of enemies

A stick-shooter, well, maybe you can shoot little yellow spiders with it, and then with difficulty, but no more, a completely useless weapon ...

The Shotgun seems to be not a bad weapon, especially in the alternative mode, but in the presence of cartridges for an assault rifle, it does not pull it ...

The flamethrower is a rather useless thing, although it shoots beautifully ... again, if there are cartridges for the rifle, no doubt, preference is given to it ...

Grenade launcher ... An ordinary grenade launcher, a rather specific weapon that can facilitate the passage of some places, nothing more ...

The sniper is a very cool weapon, especially if it is in the head. But often there are not enough cartridges for it.

The rocket launcher is not a bad weapon, but the reload should have been removed nafig, otherwise it just got into the taste .... Reload ...

Biorouge ... I switched it on once to see how it looks.

The Magnum is a good weapon, but there are practically no cartridges for it.

And so the withdrawal of the rifle + pistol in the early stages is the key to success ... And in the later stages, the rocket + rifle + sniper. Everything else is scrapped.

The plot, in my opinion, is another trash, some artifacts, etc ...

Let's summarize:

"Per"

Excellent graphics (the most beautiful and singular FPS on a PC)

Addictive, driving gameplay ...

Cool defense levels

Moderate system requirements (except for high RAM requirements).

Not bad are uppercase scripts and triggers ...

In general, the main elements of the shooter here are made for "five"

"Against"

Unbalanced weapon

Apparently a rather poor plot (although of course it's too early to judge)

Unstable work when using Eax.

Some levels have a somewhat lurid design.

My rating so far is 8/10 ... Here ... I will complete it ...

PS I'm already saving Professor Myers ... The impression is still purely positive, we'll take a look further ...

Put WinME ... Life has become better, life has become more fun ... Now, in open spaces, textures are in high ...

zyy And Spart spoiled here that there is no HappY End ... Well, so it's cool for once in the shooters there is no boring, banal Happy End ..

zyyy SEGAL tell me a thread about Gothic2, don't be greedy: wink: And then we don't have it in Kiev yet: sad:: sad: And no one can clearly tell anything about her: sad: All hope is on you.

G
Guest 06.11.21

I liked the game. A good shooter made with a very high quality. On impressions - AvP and for some reason Renegade (mission with the activation of detonators on the dam). It's nice, you go, the graphics are beautiful, the architecture is nothing like that, the models, again, are notable cannons (an arachnid in flight from a flamethrower - Zhaaahh ... Lepota)

But, unfortunately, it does not touch, does not take for the soul. Everything is somehow too standard. Passed (quickly, the game is short), admired, poked (in places) and forgot (instantly).

The second time somehow does not pull, there are no incentives. But if there was some addon, then - you can.

PS On a five-point, I would put the hardest 4.

S
Segal 06.11.21

The flamethrower is a very useful weapon against the beetles, although there is no point in using it further.

T
Talker 06.11.21

The flamethrower is a very useful weapon against the beetles, although there is no point in using it further.

I wet the spiders with an alternative rifle shot, since they are slow and it is not difficult to hit them, as well as with an alternative shotgun fire ... I only played with the flamethrower a couple of times ... By the way, so far I liked the level with beetles the most, not counting the levels on defense ...

S
Segal 06.11.21

I wet the spiders with an alternative rifle shot, since they are slow and it is not difficult to hit them, as well as with an alternative shotgun fire ... I only played with the flamethrower a couple of times ... By the way, so far I liked the level with beetles the most, not counting the levels on defense ...

Yes, after the defense of the professor, beetles are the best level, this is definitely. Alternative fire is good if there are few beetles. Let's say in ventilation (where the button must be pressed to pump out the gas) it is impossible to survive without a flamethrower, in principle, I tried: wink:

By the way, in the mission with the professor's defense at the stage where you need to take him to the elevator, I used grenades that create a shock wave - it is more convenient to throw three enemies off the roof with one shot than trying to shoot everyone one by one.

Yes, this accompaniment is remarkably done - the professor sits quietly in the shelter and does not shine until we clear the area. And the accompaniment of ever-breathing scientists in Half-Life, etc., always annoyed me terribly.

T
Talker 06.11.21

In ventilation, I killed all the spiders with an alternative rifle shot IMO nothing fancy ...: wink:

The level with the professor is good, but I had no problems with him - all the mariners are in the same room, all the turrets are there and cut circles on the roof, shooting everyone with a sniper ... From the defense levels, I had a gag only in the level where Atlantis sits down for repairs ... There are not enough cartridges and I beat off the third wave once from the 30th ...: roll: And in general, with a sufficient number of cartridges for a sniper rifle, enemies do not create any special problems ...: wink:

ps Thnx for the feedback about Gothic we are waiting for the next portion of impressions and of the essno appearance of Gothic2 in Kiev ... By the way, how is the translation?

b
blackrain 06.11.21

U2 / Ut2003 are made on anril yenjin ... Warfare comes out somewhere in the middle of 2004 and will be very cool ... I've heard this information ...

yes they all get Unreal WarFare :) In 2004 there will be a completely new version!

from the released:

AmericasArmy

UnrealTournament 2003

UnrealChampionship (X-Box)

Unreal 2

SplinterCell (X-Box / pc)

from upcoming:

XIII, RavenShield, Postal2, DeusEx2, Thief3 ...

B
Born Again 06.11.21

Actually, this is what to do with developers for such games.

pikachusgoodbye.gif

T
Talker 06.11.21

pikachusgoodbye.gif

What is this for?

PS Pikachu sorry :)

S
Segal 06.11.21

In ventilation, I killed all the spiders with an alternative rifle shot IMO nothing fancy ...: wink:

Cool! robocop.gif

The level with the professor is good, but I had no problems with him - all the mariners are in one room, all the turrets are there and I cut circles on the roof, shooting everyone with a sniper ...

Yes, I did about the same. And today I turned on cheat codes, added a bunch of guns and fences, barricaded all the approaches and watched this disgrace from above uzi.gif. Strengths!

Of the defense levels, I had a gag only at the level where Atlantis sits down for repairs ... There is not enough cartridges and I beat off the third wave once from the 30th ...: roll: And in general, with a sufficient number of cartridges for a sniper rifle, the enemies do not create special problems ...: wink:

Um, I didn't have any special problems with Atlantis - I set up defenses not right next to the entrance, but a little closer to the enemy landing zone and drenched them in the same place. armed.gif