3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
EAGauss 11.11.21 07:02 pm

Impressions of the game v.2 (Rage)

Continuation of the theme First impressions of the game!
162 Comments
Sort by:
M
METAMORF 11.11.21

.Enemy.
I am currently replaying GTA 4, and so far not a single enemy has been hit by bullets without my help. They hide behind cars, behind boxes, behind the walls of houses, running from cover to cover. If you severely injure any of them, he limp will try to hide, while he will shoot back without even looking at me. If you've played GTA 4, you must remember this.

>> AI is good, but they constantly climb under the bullets
Perhaps the SWATs are going to break through, and even then not always, but most Liberty City "gangsters" prefer to fire from behind something solid. There are, of course, moments when a bunch of bandits runs out to meet the player, but such moments are originally spelled out in the script, and therefore the AI ​​cannot do anything. In ordinary skirmishes, they do not allow themselves such rash acts.

>> And they don't normally know how to use shelters.
Install GTA 4 and make sure for yourself that this is something, and they just use shelters on a par with the player. Almost with ticks you have to pull out the bandits who have sat down behind some garbage can.

n
number 9 large 11.11.21

I_only_I
have GTA 4 installed for a long time. The minus is that if during a shootout they see some kind of shelter, then they immediately burst there (they use them badly), and they often get into the blind when shooting. Or when you drive, the cops go to the ram (head to head) Are these terminators or what?
And yes, if in battle the AIs also take cover and shoot at the blind, then they are smart too ??? xD

s
saa0891 11.11.21

I_only_ya

I at the beginning thought that you were kidding when you cited GTA as an example, but from further posts it became obvious that you are writing this in all seriousness.

Yeah, well, of course you found something to cite as an example, GTA 4 there the shooter component is generally very dull and wretched, just like in the Mafia, the Godfather, Saints Row everything in these games is so arcade that I don't even know how it occurred to you to give this as an example, I just have no words.
If we take sandbox games, then the more or less normal shooter part in Red Faction: Guerrilla, and even then it loses to a purebred shooter.
Think a little before you write something.

M
METAMORF 11.11.21

saa0891 Think
, do not hesitate. Shooter component, shooter component ... We are talking about the behavior of enemies. Rage hasn't made any revolution in this regard. GTA 4 is not a shooter, so I cited it as an example as a game radically different from Rage, in which the behavior of enemies is not inferior, and sometimes even surpasses that in the advertised brainchild of Id. Are enemies taking cover in Rage? Yes. A miracle and a breakthrough in the gaming industry? No. Are enemies shooting blind in Rage? Yes. Is this only possible in Rage? No. In Rage, do injured enemies run away from the player? Yes. Only in Rage? No. Do enemies shout different words when they hit them? Yes. Is this only implemented in Rage? No. Etc. etc.
Follow your own advice at least once.

M
METAMORF 11.11.21

.Enemy.
And in Rage, they don't rush for cover? It looks especially funny when, in the garage of reckless bandits, they try to hide behind low boxes with tools, behind which not only the head sticks out, but also the floor of the body. About the cops is a separate conversation, they were specially programmed to give the player as much trouble as possible, depending on the wanted level. Note that they only go to ram from three stars and above.

n
number 9 large 11.11.21

And in Rage, they don't rush for cover?
They act more intelligently (saw a soldier with shields? I saw how they hide behind him and try to shoot), They can assess the situation, they are able to NORMALLY surround the player, They can also retreat. In GTA 4, they stupidly take cover and roll over.

s
saa0891 11.11.21

I was just thinking

, don't hesitate. Shooter component, shooter component ... We are talking about the behavior of enemies. Rage hasn't made any revolution in this regard. GTA 4 is not a shooter, so I cited it as an example as a game that is radically different from Rage, in which the behavior of enemies is not inferior, and sometimes even surpasses that in the advertised brainchild of Id. Are enemies taking cover in Rage? Yes. A miracle and a breakthrough in the gaming industry? No. Are enemies shooting blind in Rage? Yes. Is this only possible in Rage? No. In Rage, do injured enemies run away from the player? Yes. Only in Rage? No. Do enemies shout different words when they hit them? Yes. Is this only implemented in Rage? No. Etc. etc.
Follow your own advice at least once.

Here one of two things, or you really do not catch up that in GTA the behavior of enemies, to put it mildly, is not any, in one word you can call that it is arcade there, it is understandable, because as you rightly said, this game is not a shooter.
Either you are so much fan of this game that you do not see what I wrote about in all my posts, RAGE is primarily a shooter, and very good, so this is not only about the behavior of enemies, but GTA since you brought it as an example, as a shooter at all, honestly it's even funny to compare these two games, it would never have occurred to me to compare these two games, they are completely different and not similar genres. I understand if you cited GOW as an example, then you can still it would be something to argue about.

And did someone say that RAGE made a revolution, no one said so.
And the behavior of enemies is only an integral part of the shooter, and that's just in RAGE it is done better than in all other games.

And if you are starting such an argument, then at least give an example of games that relate to shooters, and not to an arcade sandbox.

M
METAMORF 11.11.21

.Enemy.
Assess the situation? Do you remember the final stage of cleaning up the power plant, when you had to turn on the electricity, fire, and turntables? So then I was finally convinced that there could be no question of any assessment of the situation. Machineheads, like blind kittens, ran on the rotating blades and, naturally, their heads were chopped off. I expected that they, at least, would not run or still bend down, sit down, but no. They could not assess the situation. I am not an expert, but it seems to me that all their vaunted intelligence is just one continuous scripts. Or take at least a mission to save the well. I run forward, kill the "ghost" running out from around the corner and turn around to shoot the other "smart" bandits running after me with a train, who for some reason did not assess the situation and did not go around me. despite the possibility of maneuvering in a large room, or from above along the bridges. Another "cool" idea was the landing of soldiers. Just one hit is enough to shoot down a soldier descending on a jetpack. Why don't they assess the situation and try to change the landing site? Script, script, and again a script.
Remember the basement of the bank, where the machineheads sat down. I then interrupted everyone near the eight ATMs, but did not go forward. I take a sniper rifle and look through the scope in the direction of further movement. And what do I see? The darlings stand hardly at the entrance and do not move, only their heads stick out from the top of the partition. Well, without hesitation, he blew their heads off one by one, but they didn’t even move, didn’t assess the situation. I have a lot of examples.

m
makselo 11.11.21

I_only_Ya
Will you play again, what are your years.
In Rage, cannon fodder (opponents) is no smarter than in GTA 4.

I'm not 50, of course, but not 16, and not 20. There is no mood at all to play and there is no time either. I don’t play in ZhTA, because I’m not interested in this game. And in general, here we are talking about Raga. What and how is presented to the consumer in this particular game.

M
METAMORF 11.11.21

makselo
Means, you will not play.
Therefore, as a consumer who bought a licensed product, I discuss (express my opinion) in this topic this game.

M
METAMORF 11.11.21

saa0891
I only compared the behavior of enemies during a firefight.

s
saa0891 11.11.21

I_only_I

I only compared the behavior of enemies during a firefight.

So about this and the speech, what it is in GTA I already wrote to you, it is not what, so for show, and this should not be surprised this is not a shooter.

Now a few more words about RAGE and AI, I will tell you a little secret, in fact, if you figure it out, then there is no AI, all games are built on scripts, priorities and certain algorithms for bots, and this is called artificial intelligence for simplicity, so your own You can safely refer the statement about scripts to all other games, but in RAGE these scripts are made very well, flaws can be found in any game, but if we take the overall AI rating in RAGE, it is quite high, against the background of all other shooters.

But for me personally, RAGE, as a shooter, is a good benchmark in many respects (not ideal, of course) and I have not experienced such adrenaline for a long time, if it were not for this console shell, it would be cool at all.
All the shooters that have come out lately are losing to RAGE precisely in the shooter component, but they can be beautiful, cinematic, large-scale, but this is all secondary.

n
number 9 large 11.11.21

I_only_I
* Facehand *
And where is it better? (Except for a fairy?)

m
makselo 11.11.21

I_only_ya
Here and disassemble the game, and do not tell about your ZTA.

M
Mountain 11.11.21

I hope they have already released a normal patch fixing friezes, etc. on radeons ?? give me a link

n
number 9 large 11.11.21

mountain
I had steam pumping something, then after launching all the artifacts disappeared! (although the texture loading remained (((

s
sneg999 11.11.21

you can put a save where it remains to get the last card and the game will be 100% completed

K
Klifford777 11.11.21

shoot a nice thing

A
A.Soldier of Light 11.11.21

makselo
Especially they like in the shooting game (the enemy shoots at the blind - I have never seen this anywhere).
In Quake 2 it was)) Sometimes when you are around the corner and out of sight, for example, Tank or Iron Maiden, they can shoot right into the ground where the player has just been. This is so, speaking of blindfold.
Have you played Ku2?

saa0891
But for me personally, RAGE, as a shooter, is a good benchmark in many respects (not ideal, of course) and I have not experienced such adrenaline for a long time, if it were not for this console shellon, it would be cool at all.
This is where Ragu has its weak points, so it really is console crap, I agree here. And the grafon, apparently for the same reason, suffered.

All the shooters that have come out lately are losing to RAGE precisely in the shooter component, but they can be beautiful, cinematic, large-scale, but this is all secondary.
I lol'd. You forgot to clarify that this is nothing more than your "IMHO" =]

B
Buffalo66 11.11.21

Quite a funny
video
showing the
level of modern
games compared to the
1996 beast
Quake 1. What would the first Quake be if it came out now?
http: // m.
:)))