3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dark corsair 09.12.21 10:10 pm

War vs. Death (Darksiders 2)

We are discussing the two horsemen of the Apocalypse. Characters, abilities, appearance and everything else. Which one do you like more.

pix.PlayGround.ru

PS You can learn more about the nature of Death from the office. comic book.
135 Comments
Sort by:
A
ALeXandeR Umbra 09.12.21

In general, they are almost complete opposites. War is a fierce warrior, for whom the concept of honor and justice is paramount, he recklessly responds to the "false" call of the Apocalypse, and then burns with a thirst for revenge, goes to any deals with the old ones of the conflict in order to get to the truth.

Death seems bad so far, but according to the comics he seems to be calmer, but from that to a more cold-blooded killer (Death is a killer)) That's a pun), judging by the comic, he doesn't pay much attention to material objects at all, since the sword of War entered him as into emptiness. Big brother, what can I say. He is introduced as the wiser, but no less dangerous character from this. It's curious how the story will go about him in general in the new part, especially interesting, for what and how his strength will be taken away from him) He himself, in theory, will take away strength from whoever you want, and not only)

And comparing their horses - I immediately liked the Death horse more% ) Here, for sure, they tried to combine both interpretations of the translation about his suit: both green and pale)) And judging by the trailer, he is still not confused with gravity))

Another interesting thing: Death has a crow on his shoulder all the time: will he be some kind of feature of the game?)

In general, it is difficult to say who you like more, since we more or less only know the War, so we are waiting for news / art / video / demo, and then you can think about it)

D
Dark corsair 09.12.21

ALeXandeR Umbra
06/12/11 13:55
It’s curious how the story will go about him in the new part, especially interesting, for what and how his strength will be taken away from him) He himself will take his strength from whoever you want, in theory, and not only)

Judging by the trailer, his strength no one took it, if you believe the narrator's words that Death himself came to Earth in order to save his brother (it’s interesting from whom to save, considering that his brother caused chaos and killed most of the enemies). Most likely, he guessed what game the Council was playing and went without their permission immediately after the War. Well, the loss of most of the abilities can be explained by many versions from "The Council learned and took away its powers" to "unsuccessful landing on Earth."

Another interesting thing: Death has a raven on his shoulder all the time: will he be some kind of feature of the game?)

I suppose the raven will be the "eyes of Death" (well, let's say it will be able to get to those parts of the location where the path to the rider is closed) and will be a separate gameplay element.

So far, I like War as a character more, despite the fierce thirst for revenge on everyone and all he quickly understands that he is being led by the nose, and this makes it even more dangerous. Death must be wiser than his brother, as comrade ALeXandeR Umbra correctly noted. I do not think that Death will want to fight with everyone before he gets to the bottom of the truth, and at this moment the opinions of the two brothers may disagree (I am sure that it will come to a battle).

D
DarkWL 09.12.21

Death will want to fight with everyone before it
gets to the bottom of the truth. It 's more likely that Death is looking for his brother to help him. Although they are different, they are already the 2nd force without other riders,
but the trailer shows that Death will be in a parallel world and not on earth, as one of the developers wrote Death and war will be in parallel worlds

i
iridescentmaik 09.12.21

I personally will not compare War and Death until I finish the second part.

A
AxE666 09.12.21

I definitely like death more and the horse is better). But one moment seems to me stupid, death without the knowledge of advice (therefore, probably without its full strength) flies into the world (which one is unknown, which is parallel) helps the war without his knowledge (since in the first part of the war there was only one action and no hints of that that the others were not awakened) then flies back, and already in the final video flies back with the other two riders. Since the second part will be parallel to the events of the first, I hope the plot will continue ... otherwise it will be a mess, the ending of the second will be from the first ... At the expense of abilities, it seems to me that death will surpass the war. Since darksiders is a slasher in which the basis is a massacre with a sword (this is if you judge by the first) and the sword has a dofig combo, then death has the basis of KOSA and the developers will have to improve it very very well (here it will be a massacre) !!!
PS-I wonder what LIKE CHAOS will have at death ??? or it will not be at all ???

S
Spike77453 09.12.21

I may have overlooked in the first part, but what was the order of the appearance of the riders in general changed? where does death already follow the war? and then what, the killed will incite to war (the first horseman) and starve (the third)? in general, the plot of the game looks like nonsense

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 09.12.21

Sequence war comes second

D
DarkWL 09.12.21

ALeXandeR Umbra no in the beginning there is always a war, in fact, death should be the last one, we can think that after the war there should be deaths of people =)

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 09.12.21

Did I say that Death is the first?
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A7%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8B%D1%80%D0%B5_%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%B0%D0 % B4% D0% BD% D0% B8% D0% BA% D0% B0_% D0% 90% D0% BF% D0% BE% D0% BA% D0% B0% D0% BB% D0% B8% D0% BF % D1% 81% D0% B8% D1% 81% D0% B0

B
Bola1695 09.12.21

I think it will be possible to compare them only after the release of part 2.

L
Lightninggg 09.12.21

Pumped Death of some kind.

D
Dark corsair 09.12.21

sekret pegasus
09/18/11 11:57
Pumped up Death of some kind.

This image certainly looks fresher than a skinny old man or a skeleton in tattered clothes.

B
Bola1695 09.12.21

Death matches its image.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 09.12.21

Personally, I did not like the War at all, for some reason all the time reminded me of some superhero from the Marvel comics, I hope Death will be a more adequate comrade.

[
[GaMeR_007] 09.12.21

and I'd rather play for the war in the second part)

D
Dias_the_best 09.12.21

I somehow got used to the War

W
WarlokIII 09.12.21

The developers did not do it correctly, for Death is the most powerful of the four horsemen, and the developers want to do about everyone, so put the most powerful nada at the end.

I
Im_bad_at_games 09.12.21

Yes, Death is followed by Hell, although it seems to me that we will not see much difference in the strength of the characters. Yes, War has a hefty sword, while Death has either one scythe or two undercut (I forgot the exact name).
In other words, they will have different strengths, but there must be some balance if we want to see the battle of the two brothers.
As for the chaotic form, it seems to me that it will be similar to the classic appearance of Death: a black robe, a scythe (large, hefty), and angel wings, only black. The skeleton under the cloak is optional.
In general, I lean more towards Death. And the only thing I didn't like about War was the red hood on his head.

K
Kiber25 09.12.21

I am both happy about both.
Each has something of its own

D
Dark corsair 09.12.21

Death is voiced by Michael Wincott, who previously gave voice to one of the prophets from Halo 2. I wonder if he can surpass War in charisma?

Ragna - the Bloodedge
03/25/12 17:08
Yes, Death is followed by Hell

Yes, no, Death is followed by hmm death ... And hell runs away from him. XD

Death has either one scythe, or two undermows (I forgot the exact name).

Hmm a ripper and a harvester, sort of.

if we want to see two brothers fight.

We have already seen, and as I remember, Death did not react at all to the blows of War (comic).

As for the chaotic form, it seems to me that it will be similar to the classic appearance of Death: a black robe, a scythe (large, hefty), and angel wings, only black. The skeleton under the cloak is optional.

I support.