3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Serpico86 16.01.22 12:02 am

Where did the gnomes (dwemer) disappear to? (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Where and why did the Dwemer (gnomes) disappear?
114 Comments
Sort by:
G
Golgosh 16.01.22

What is Lorkhan?

J
Just like old times 16.01.22

Golgosh
Like who) the fallen god, the aedra, had a hand in creating the mortal plan by deceiving the other gods. Subsequently, they expelled him and tore out his heart, which they threw away. At the place where it fell, the volcano Vvardenfell aka Red Mountain was formed. Something like this.) You need to read books and play Morrowind :3

D
Demolir 16.01.22

there uninterrupted "power" is not from soul stones, which means hell knows how they work there for such a long time.

In Morrowind, Dwemer mechanisms were most likely powered by the energy of the heart of Lorkhan, which, in fact, is / was a soul stone of great power. In the gaming literature, an experiment was described when a captive centurion spider turned off at a considerable distance from the island. But the centurions of Clan Rurken, in Hammerfell, seem to be using an alternative power source, some kind of advanced steam system. Perhaps a similar system is used in the centurions of Skyrim ..

D
DragoBexZ 16.01.22

Demolir

Maybe they're bionic?

l
lemptyl 16.01.22

Gregpack
By the way, the Falmers are snow elves, they fought the Nords for a very long time, lost their last battle and, in search of shelter, went to the Dwemer, who made them their slaves. The Dwemer gave the elves a special poison that blinded them. Like this.

Is there a book in Skyrim that describes this?

K
Kara Timy 16.01.22

Gregpack, they were not blinded by poison, but by the fact that they did not come to the surface for a long time

Z
Z4b3o8v7p 16.01.22

seems to have used an alternative power source, the

Intertwining Steam Technology and Soul Stones. Not pure steampunk, but steampunk with magic :)

F
Festr.. 16.01.22

People, I read a lot of books in Skyrim on this topic and now I came here in order to get a clear and comprehensive answer to the question "where, how and why did the Dwemer disappear?"

b
baer-gms 16.01.22

I’m throwing screenshots of books that describe the events of the disappearance of the Dwemer

A
Anderby 16.01.22

Here is the most detailed article telling everything that is known about the Dwemer.

The Dwemer were too smart for Tamriel and wanted more. Whether it worked out as planned is unknown.

b
baer-gms 16.01.22

The book where the events of the disappearance of the Dwemer are described (Taken from Skyrim)

Screenshots of the Book

F
Festr.. 16.01.22

baer-gms
I read it, but did not find a clear answer.
Derpy
There too there is no unequivocal answer.

Can anyone tell me what really happened there?! It's so simple, without any theories and riddles. Tell the truth.

b
baer-gms 16.01.22

And what is there incomprehensible they all disappeared. As they say, they finished playing with unknown technologies)))
There is no more in-fa in nature, then only as Arbor wants)))

b
baer-gms 16.01.22

those. they first changed their appearance, then they wanted more power (they wanted to completely change the world, make it for themselves), then they accidentally destroyed themselves, or moved somewhere. In general, in-fa off. no, so you can guess until you're blue in the face)))

A
Anderby 16.01.22

Festr.. Of

course there is no definite answer. Only theories and conjectures, because no one knows exactly what really happened to the Dwemer.

F
Festr.. 16.01.22

baer-gms
So I would say right away. I will turn to Besezda)

I
Infiltrator 16.01.22

Maybe things will become clearer in future episodes.

R
Riss 16.01.22

Serpico86 Complete
Arnell's quest in the College of Mages to find out what happened to them

b
baer-gms 16.01.22

Another theory

D
Demolir 16.01.22

Another assumption, described in "Kimervadium", according to which Kagrenac used a certain "call" to overcome the plan of mortals... But this is really just an assumption. Moreover, according to another reliable version, it was the architect Kagrenac who used the tools on the Heart, which led to the instant disappearance of the Dwemer nation. In this case, there was no way he could use the "call" because. annihilated along with their relatives.