3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serfly 04.05.22 11:07 pm

GTX1650 4Gb gets very hot

GTX1650 4Gb card with 1 cooler. Bought new six months ago. In idle time, t 35-38 * C, cooler 56%. in games it heats up to 85 * C at 100% of revolutions from 70 * C. I'm afraid it will burn, I feel sorry for her very much. I can't handle overvolting. In MSI Afterburning the only thing is to set the cooler speed to 100% from 70*C. Help, my hands are falling
123 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 10.05.22

Kartonkratos
Is it really necessary to explain the obvious things that your card has an order of magnitude better cooling (and not only cooling, food, etc.) than on this stump where they try to save as much as possible on all the details.

Kartonkratos wrote:
And 1650 should heat up to a maximum of 65 degrees, so the power consumption is much less!

K
Kartonkratos 10.05.22

saa0891
Maybe I don't argue!

K
Kartonkratos 10.05.22

saa0891
Here in this video that you threw off, it was a maximum of 75 degrees! and in watch dogs legion it was generally 65 degrees!

s
saa0891 10.05.22

Kartonkratos
You play for a few hours and not a couple of minutes like in the video, then the temperature will be 80+, again, as I wrote above, everything depends very much on the case, if a person has only one cooler for blowing, what can I say, in my case 5 coolers.

K
Kartonkratos 10.05.22

saa0891
I'm not writing to you for my temperatures, but for those in the video you posted! and I have everything in order with temperatures, even after a long gameplay, as I wrote earlier, 60-65 degrees mostly stays at 60! and if you put a frame lock, then it’s 50 degrees at all and the cooler doesn’t even start!

s
saa0891 10.05.22

Kartonkratos wrote:
I’m not writing to you for my temperatures. It’s a
pity that you didn’t understand that I’m not talking about the temperatures from your card either, I explained everything else on my fingers more than once if you don’t understand this, not my problems.

L
Loken 10.05.22

saa0891
Undervolting at 900mV will be about 60-65 in most games.
And on single-fan cards there is no function to stop the fans, this is so, by the way.

s
saa0891 10.05.22

Loken wrote:
Undervolting at 900mV will be about 60-65 in most games.
Yeah, you can still set the graph to a minimum and limit the FPS to 30 frames, you see, it will help.

Loken wrote:
And on single-fan cards there is no function to stop the fans, this is so, by the way.
I wrote about normal cards.

L
Loken 10.05.22

saa0891 wrote:
Yeah, you can also set the graphon to a minimum and limit the FPS to 30 frames, you see, it will help.
Undervolting does not impair the performance of the video card, so the jokes about the graphics at a minimum and 30 fps are out of place here.
saa0891 wrote:
I wrote about normal cards.
Well, I didn’t write about a spherical horse in a vacuum, but about a TSa video card. He wrote in the first message that he had a single-fan card.

K
Kartonkratos 10.05.22

saa0891
And I understood everything! you just wrote to play for a couple of hours and you see high temperatures, so I thought that it was like I would have such temperatures.

s
saa0891 10.05.22

Loken wrote:
Undervolting does not limit the performance of the video card in any way, are you aware of this?
Therefore, your jokes about the graphics at a minimum and 30 fps are out of place here.
And you know that if you reduce the load on the vidyakha, the temperature will drop, it's not about jokes, but about how the vidyakha should work without any crutches.

Loken wrote:
Well, I did not write about a spherical horse in a vacuum, but about a TSa video card. He wrote in the first post that he had a single-fan video card.
I also didn’t write about a spherical horse in a vacuum, if you are not able to read the posts and understand what is written there, this is not my problem.

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.05.22

Loken
Loken wrote:
Undervolting does not degrade the performance of the video card, are you aware of this?
It depends what kind of undervolting

L
Loken 10.05.22

saa0891 wrote:
Do you know that if you reduce the load on the vidyahu, the temperature will drop, it's not about jokes, but about how the vidyakha should work without any crutches.
saa0891 wrote:
Yeah, you can also set the graphon to a minimum and limit the FPS to 30 frames, you see, it will help.
Is this self-irony on your part?

Why reduce the load on the card, at the same time castrating the graphics and FPS, if you can simply lower the voltage and lower the temperature in the same way? It reeks of some kind of insanity.

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
It depends on what kind of undervolting
Well, you can't argue here, if you reduce the voltage to 500 mV, then the card will not be able to keep its frequency.
Now all video cards and processors come with increased voltage, so that even the most unsuccessful chips can keep their frequencies at least during the warranty period.
Therefore, all tech bloggers and repairmen advise undervolting immediately after purchase. You reduce the voltage to those values ​​when the percentage / card still hold native frequencies, raise it one or two steps up for reliability and enjoy the lower frequencies and silence.

But these tips "reduce the load on the card", this is something at the level of "do not use the ssd, so as not to waste its resource." People buy video cards to get all their performance, why would they neuter that performance when there is the possibility of undervolting? Huh, I don't understand.

s
saa0891 10.05.22

Loken wrote:
Is this self-irony on your part?
Try to read the posts again from the very beginning and understand what it was about, you wrote that the normal temperatures for your card at full load are within 60-65. to which I replied that they are much higher, and then I simply explained to you in a joking manner that we are talking about the operation of a video card without any xotyls, i.e. if we take a specific video card (GTX 1650 with one cooler) out of the box, the temperature will be much higher than 60-65 degrees.

L
Loken 10.05.22

saa0891
Yes, the temperature will be higher out of the box, this is understandable.
But I wrote about 60-65 degrees after talking about undervolting.
The vehicle dropped the voltage, his temperature almost did not fall, and I wrote about 60-65 degrees.
I just personally held a single-fan 1650 in my hands and I know that at 900mV it rarely gets warmer than 65. And without an undervolt, it can raise the voltage up to 1.1v, which is a lot for such a card and it starts to heat up even under a small load.
If the undervolt did not help the vehicle, most likely it has troubles with the cooling system. The MBs in the card have already been tinkered with and poorly maintained, the screws were not tightened or tightened unevenly. At 900mV and 90% fan speed, this card should not get above 80. It is possible that the card was restored if it was brought from America.

s
saa0891 10.05.22

Loken wrote:
Yes, the temperature will be higher out of the box, this is understandable.
But I wrote about 60-65 degrees after talking about undervolting.
Well, it just means I didn’t understand your post correctly, it can be misleading when they talk about normal temperature after the voltage has been lowered.

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.05.22

Loken
Loken wrote:
Well, you can't argue, if you reduce the voltage to 500 mV, then the card will not be able to keep its frequency.
I have it like this:
Spoiler
If below 1100 mV, then there are microfreezes

L
Loken 10.05.22

Denis Kyokushin
Repairmen say that the more "tired" a card is, the worse its stable frequency/voltage ratio is. Well, it depends on the architecture.
Mine, while relatively fresh, half a year in total, can take 2900mhz at 1.05v.
Spoiler And she can keep her native 2650 stable at 0.870 with the factory 1.150. With a margin, they threw almost 300mv.

N
Nervios 10.05.22

As I understand it, the author has a video card with a marriage. But how can you explain the situation to me then
Nervios wrote:
Such a card was on the fx 6300 and the ensuing consequences will not fully write the characteristics of the computer, you can roughly understand which system is under the fx 6300. All the same, I think the card is under PCI-E 3.0, but I had PCI-E 4.0, In general, I didn’t bother and look for information, then I bought a new video card
Or did the system just become more powerful? I don’t freak out and don’t make fun, I just want to find out an adequate reason. PS Now I remembered, after I stuck a card on the new pieces of hardware, updated it to the newest drivers, maybe for them?

L
Loken 10.05.22

Nervios
Looking at what games he played. Maybe he played games like GTA 5 in which he had all the performance emphasis in the fx6300, which could render 40-50 frames or how much it can in GTA 5. And the video card, capable of rendering 70-100 frames in the same game, just worked at half strength.
Then he set it to 5600x, which can already draw over 1000000000 fps in GTA 5 and the entire emphasis on performance has become in the video card. Now vidyaha plows at 99% and one hundred percent of the time is loaded to the eyeballs, respectively, it heats up more.
Conditional example.

IMHO, if the FPS is not limited, then it is better when the focus of performance is on video rather than on CPU or memory, the gameplay is somehow smoother in this case, the frametime is smoother, the minimum FPS is higher. And the emphasis on CPU / memory in especially difficult cases can also be accompanied by friezes, loading in the face or generally underloading objects and textures, bugs, lags in sound, control and other things that are processed by the processor. Here it will depend on the game engine how it scatters task priorities over processor resources.