3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serfly 04.05.22 11:07 pm

GTX1650 4Gb gets very hot

GTX1650 4Gb card with 1 cooler. Bought new six months ago. In idle time, t 35-38 * C, cooler 56%. in games it heats up to 85 * C at 100% of revolutions from 70 * C. I'm afraid it will burn, I feel sorry for her very much. I can't handle overvolting. In MSI Afterburning the only thing is to set the cooler speed to 100% from 70*C. Help, my hands are falling
123 Comments
Sort by:
l
lapwing mouse 10.05.22

Loken
And in short, I acted in a special way, which ultimately led to a decrease in temperature: I put the lower screws on the intake and the side screws on the intake, and in the middle and at the very top I put them on the intake. In total, there are 11 140mm screws and two 60mm screws in the case.

L
Loken 10.05.22

MOSHIVURII lapwing
Well, blowing out is somehow stronger than blowing in?
MOSHIVURII CHIBIS wrote:
There are 11 140mm and two 60mm screws in the case
. You are still far from the craftsman who created the case entirely from coolers :D

Only 66 fans.

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.05.22

Loken
Loken wrote:
Only 66 fans.
And the Boeing is ready to fly

l
lapwing mouse 10.05.22

Loken wrote:
Well, blowing out is somehow stronger than blowing in?
Yes.
Loken wrote:
You are still far from the craftsman who created the case entirely from coolers :D
So there is incredible noise there)

X
X_ray_83 10.05.22

serfly
Clean up in your sistemnik there to see layers of dust and dirt!

N
Nervios 10.05.22

I have such a card, only from burning ... In idle time 35-40, depending on the temperature in the room, it was heated no higher than 60. By the way! Such a card was on the fx 6300, and the ensuing consequences will not fully write the characteristics of the computer, you can roughly understand what system is under the fx 6300. After I changed it to a ryzen 5 5600x, it began to warm up above 70! 3.0, and I had PCI-E 4.0, In general, I didn’t bother and look for information, then I bought a new video card. Above, and so they already gave advice, if nothing helps, carry it under warranty where you bought it, and explain the reason. I’ll add more. When this card was on the fx 6300, about half a year later, it started to warm up strongly, with a watercolor brush, if possible, I cleaned everything from dust, did not disassemble it, since it is still under warranty. The temperature dropped to the original

s
serfly 10.05.22

Loken
Thanks for the guide, undervolted. In Furmark T 82*C max.h/s 18min. The cooler set 80*/90% rpm, the noise became less. According to the cooler settings: when the computer is turned on, 56% of the revolutions are immediately, it is impossible to reduce it. Manufacturer blocked? Apparently the card is initially regarded as hot, since no load requires 56% cooling. In GPU-Z, the TDP window is 0% in all modes, and this function is not active. This is fine?

K
Kartonkratos 10.05.22

serfly
The temperature is still very high! especially for such a card with low power consumption.

s
serfly 10.05.22

Kartonkratos
So this is depressing! I can not apply for a guarantee, this is a gift from the USA. What should I do? I rarely turn on this computer, I use another i5 3470 3.4 GHz (boost), MSI Nvidea GT710 2Gb (without a cooler). This card is max 72*C in furmark But optimization in games is a mockery. Here I sit with a broken trough. On Radeon, as more "cold", at least RX 570 (new ones are not on sale) or 580 there is no money. What is the way out?

K
Kartonkratos 10.05.22

serfly
I wrote something above! did you understand the map? I looked at what was happening with the thermal paste, and whether the heatsink was touching the GPU tightly.

P
Pavel Rally 10.05.22

serfly
It's not clear to me that you stick to undervolting, in order to reduce the temperature you need to lower the frequency, limit fps 60 in games and set low graphics settings.

K
Kartonkratos 10.05.22

Pavel Rally
Yes, something is not clear in it, or the cooling is not in order, or the graphics chip itself is defective! because even if you overclock it, its temperature should be a maximum of 65-70 degrees at low fan speeds!

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.05.22

serfly
serfly wrote:
So this is depressing! I can’t apply for a guarantee, this is a gift from the USA . Take apart and replace the thermal interface. It’s
only possible that you will need not only thermal paste, but also thermal
pads from Gigabytes. It turned out that my washers under the bolts for clamping the radiator were crumpled into a cake. I replaced them, removed them from the old and killed 7950. Today, I still had to replace the thermal paste again, and everything is in order for now. : Spoiler But this was today before replacing the thermal paste: Spoiler

D
Dakini 10.05.22

I have the same card, it heats up to 70 in god of war with an open case. The rest of the game keeps around 60. Before this card was gtx 760 4gb, it also showed 85 - 87 in rdr2 until it burned out, and that I just didn’t do anything with it didn’t help.

L
Loken 10.05.22

serfly
If even reducing consumption through undervolting does not help to reduce temperatures, then something is wrong with the cooling. We have already written above, either poor contact between the heat sink and the graphics chip, or sand instead of thermal paste. If you disassemble / assemble the card yourself, do it as carefully as possible, due to inability, you can damage both the GPU and the board. I doubt that there are thermal pads in your card, but if there is, try to carefully unstick them, changing them is pretty hemorrhoids.
Normal temperatures for your card at full load are around 60-65.

Pavel Rally wrote:
It's not clear to me that you stick to undervolting, in order to reduce the temperature you need to lower the frequency, limit fps to 60 in games and set low graphics settings.
And you can also put the card in a sideboard and just admire it, then it won’t get warm for sure :DDDD

P
Pavel Rally 10.05.22

Loken
Limiting fps and graphics settings, thanks to this I regulate the temperature of my video card so that it is no more than 80.

L
Loken 10.05.22

Pavel Rally
With undervolting, you don't have to cut graphics or limit fps to reduce heat. You just lower the voltage and the card gets colder. Although in some single games you can really turn on the 60 fps lock. But it's good when you have a power reserve. And here we are talking about 1650, as it were.

s
saa0891 10.05.22

serfly wrote:
GTX1650 4Gb card with 1 cooler. Bought new six months ago.
Why did you have to buy with one cooler at all.

serfly wrote:
when the computer is turned on, 56% of the revolutions are immediately, it is impossible to reduce it. Manufacturer blocked? Apparently the card is initially regarded as hot, since no load requires 56% cooling.
This is really the most deshmanic option, because on normal cards without load, coolers generally stand up to a certain temperature and there is enough heatsink for cooling.
Miser pays twice

s
saa0891 10.05.22

Loken wrote:
Normal temperatures for your card at full load are around 60-65.
It's funny, the normal temperature on such a card is 75-80+, plus there should also be a normal case.

K
Kartonkratos 10.05.22

saa0891
My rtx 2070 super heats up to 60-65 degrees! and only in some games it reaches 70 degrees, at 40% fan speed.
And 1650 should even warm up to 65 degrees maximum, since power consumption is much less!